[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9
File: Darth-Plagueis-1-850x560.jpg (48 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Plagueis-1-850x560.jpg
48 KB, 850x560
What if Supreme Leader Snoke is actually Darth Plagueis?

Darth Plagueis had discovered an ability to cheat death. Sheev killed him, but he came back as a spooky ghost.

The giant "hologram" we saw wasn't a hologram at all. It was Plagueis taking an incorporeal, visible form.

The big bad of the new trilogy doesn't even have a physical body for the heroes to kill. He just appears before impressionable young people, scares the shit out of them, fluffs them up with delusions of grandeur and then has them conquer the galaxy to spread the dark side.

How creepy is that?
>>
>>63862937
Compare the music in the opera scene in epIII to Snoke's theme.
>>
and the only way to defeat him is to resurrect the one man who ever defeated him before
>>
Snoke is Luke, brah. That's why he left.
>>
I think he is darth plagueis and there will be some sort of being brought back to life element but I don't think hes gonna be a SPOOKY GHOST XDD
>>
"Bring Ren to me. It is time to complete his training" or some shit like that.

Snoke is 7 feet tall. He is plagueis.
>>
Compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqpy8YYQ2-I

from episode 3 when they talk about Darth Plagueis

to Snokes theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI
>>
>>63862937
>The giant "hologram" we saw wasn't a hologram at all. It was Plagueis taking an incorporeal, visible form.

So, just a Force ghost? I guess Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Yoda are immortal too.
>>
>>63862996
>>63863087
>>63863129
For the people who saw the OT before the PT, this would be a great way of tying things together. The revelation about Plagueis was something new to the prequels that was not revealed until the last movie, and to have the plot of the ST tied into that would be very cool.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (20 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
20 KB, 1280x720
>>63863162
Holy shit.
>>
>>63863201
I agree. I think that's one thing Disney took away from George's original ideas.
>>
>>63863162
>mfw
>>
>>63863162
Holy shit
>>
>>63863162
>>63863233
To add to this

"No! The Supreme Leader is *wise*" - Kylo Ren

"...Darth Plagueis the *wise*" - Sheev Palpatine

We know that Plagueis is canon
We know him being a Muun is not canon
We know they essentially have the same fucking theme song
We know they are both referred to as "wise"
We know he can cheat death and create life (a la saving himself and creating Anakin from midichlorians) Because Kylo Ren is a direct descendant of Anakin is why Snoke is interested in him. He is making a *perfect* sith specimen to take over.
>>
>>63863267
It's not like Disney is sweeping away the PT, either. The Rebels cartoon is basically a continuation of Clone Wars set 15 years later. They're still canon, and there's no reason they can't mine the PT for potential plot points and references in the ST. They even mined the old EU for ideas, because Kylo Ren is basically Darth Caedus.
>>
>>63863382
>creating Anakin from midichlorians
This is not true. Anakin was created by the Force to destroy the Sith.
>>
>>63863382
Anakin being created by Plagueis isn't canon.
>>
>>63863455
>>63863426
It will be canon.

Screencap this.
>>
Plagueis = Snoke

Plagueis was the Emporers Master
>>
>>63863162
this is exactly the kind of easter egg stuff they'd go for

pretty much confirmed IMO
>>
>>63863267
Plagueis wasn't an original idea. Lucas borrowed it from the EU as a form of fan service.
>>
>>63863162
Play them both at the same time and it's an, uh, interesting experience.
>>
>>63863589

must.... stab.... my father....
>>
Plagueis being the big bad was my first wish about the sequel trilogy. After seeing Snoke in the movie, I'm really hoping it's the case.
>>
>>63863525
>pretty much confirmed
that John Williams has a penchant for reusing themes, yes? Like when he stuck from Duel of the Fates in a scene of Anakin looking all emo on a speeder? ANAKIN WAS DARTH MAUL ALL ALONG!

It doesn't mean shit anon.
>>
>>63863728

Yes it does senpai
>>
>>63863728
it makes sense for some continuity among the villains though. There's certainly a lot of that among the heroes

Darth Plagueis was the emporers master who found a way to cheat death and is Lord of the Sith
>>
>>63863728

that usage represented anakin's dark side and light side becoming equally powerful and dueling inside him, like the duel between darth maul and the two jedi, thats why its called duel of dates, not duel against just darth maul and nothing else
>>
I was thinking the same thing, look at his mouth, that shit is all fucked up and ripped. I honestly want him to be a fucking giant and not just a blown up hologram. I imagine him as a giant that is too old and physically weak to fight so he just uses his immense force powers to launch lightning and throw shit and maybe even mind control. He could fly around on his throne and shit. Would be an interesting final battle thats not just a lightsaber show down.
>>
So does this mean that kylo ren will kill snoke because of the rule of two? Why would plagueis come back from the dead just to be cucked in to death again?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LHUVgDQxPQ

this guy breaks it down pretty well

It probably is him. Would be set up in episode 3 for a final payoff in episode 9 or whenever they fight him
>>
i think it would be great if it was plagueis the guy who taught the emperor himself

but knowing JJ it's probably some generic 'older than the universe' cgi villain or something
>>
>>63864025
JJ isn't in charge
>>
>>63864019
>>63863916

I would be seriously impressed if Kylo and Rey kill him and become the rule of 2 villains
>>
>>63863916
Snoke is Plagueis. Snoke/Plagueis + Ren = 2

There has to be someone turning dark or tempted at some point though with the way KR is still on the fence.
>>
>>63862937
What if Plagueis was never killed and Sheev just lied so the jedi would think the rule of two was still in effect?
>>
Snoke is Plagueis.

He was known for being able to cheat death.

When Sheev "killed" him in his sleep, he used the force to hind their fates. When Sheev was killed by Vader on the Death Star II, Plagueis was re-awoken, albeit still with the physical scars left on him by his now deceased apprentice.

Screen cap this.
>>
>>63862937
Fuck off and accept that he's dead
>>
>>63863181
Yep, that's the point. They maintained their individuality when rejoining the force. Traditionally this is something only light-side users can do, but Plagueis found a way to do it without the help of others.
>>
>>63863493
wow holy sh!t !! excellent eye good sir !!
>>
>>63864019
>1:45

Its Plagueis, it couldnt not be
>>
>>63863455
>episode I says anakin didn't have a father
>episode III says Plagueis could create life
canon if you aren't retarded

>>63863382
>We know him being a Muun is not canon
not deconfirmed yet he has never made a physical appearance supreme leader holigram could just be wizard of oz shenanigans
>>
>>63864195
Good math, but I think that anon was alluding to the fact that, as a consequence of the rule of two, Sith apprentices tend to kill their masters so that they can train their own apprentices.
>>
File: latest.jpg (2 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
2 MB, 1458x2160
Look at Reys staff parallel to Kylos

Rey confirmed for getting a dual light saber
>>
>>63864435
I thought he was thinking the two were separate entities. Still think that DESU.

KR still has to get through completion of his training.
>>
>>63864019
debunked theory. if you've seen the movie you know that snoke doesn't look anything like the elongated face alien man. he's just a ghoulish looking bald guy
>>
>>63864435
I don't think the Knights of Ren are Sith. Plagueis may have scrapped the rule of two after Sheev betrayed him.
>>
File: 32[1].jpg (162 KB, 1179x590) Image search: [Google]
32[1].jpg
162 KB, 1179x590
ok so seriously what the fuck was with this thing
it sucks up stars and shoots them?
sucking up the sun of a solar system pretty much fucks it anyway

and when they run out of star ammo do they fucking drive the goddamn planet to another system?
>>
File: fg.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fg.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>63863382
>>
I think they said it takes power from the sun. I don't remember them saying it consumes the entire sun.
>>
>>63864668
they couldn't figure out how to make an exciting Star Wars film about finding Luke Skywalker.

so we got the first act of that movie, then the first act of a different movie about a third Death Star, then the conclusion of the first movie in 5 minutes.

that's really it, switch your brain off.
>>
i like the theory of Snoke being just some nobody con man who swindles everyone into believing he's some ancient sith whereas in reality he's a non force sensitive hack fraud who's never actually held a lightsaber in his life.
>>
>>63864628
Plagueis is a muun =/= cannon

not debunked, next.
>>
>>63864777
But he felt an awakening in the force
>>
>>63864668
Yeah i didnt understand this, I mean it looked like the sun was completely used up, then they started it up again. Was there two suns, or was there more left? Also wouldnt that mean the sun would run out? Then the weapon was worthless there.

Did anyone notice how the planet exploding looked different comapred to other planets exploding as well? Almost as if it became a sun from the energy it had stored there
>>
>>63864496
No, I was implying that kylo ren will kill snoke (plagueis), since he is the apprentice and snoke is his master. I'm just wondering why plagueis would come back and train a new apprentice when he has been killed by an apprentice before.
>>
>>63863162
you nerds are reading way too much into this. it's just Williams rehashing some of the same sounds and ideas. it's not even that similar.
>>
>>63864628

Your an idiot
>>
>>63862937
Snoke is a totally new character. In a concept art book it said at first JJ intended Snoke to be a female alien played by Carrie Fisher without make up or prosthetics and was actually going to be called Supreme Leader Coke.
>>
>>63862937
its a glib facsimile so hes probably just rehashed sheev
>>
>>63864825
he just said that he did. besides, what does that even mean? kylo's a dumbass, so he's just gonna nod along to whatever the 'supreme leader' says
>>
>>63864668
>>63864844
I got the impression that they only wanted the two volleys out of it, so they wouldn't need to move it. One volley accomplished more than any Death Star ever did, and the second might have been enough to secure a complete victory since they were aiming right at the system containing the Resistance HQ.

>>63864735
The parts where they say that the weapon isn't ready to fire as long as there's still sunlight implies that. I guess they should have had a MoS-esque line where someone says "It destroys the whole sun?!" so people get it.
>>
>>63862937
While this wouldn't be a terrible revelation, I think the scene where they Literally fucking blow up Couriscaunt is about all the acknowledgement of the prequel trilogy we're ever going to get.

Also we know Snoke is a real guy because he's also the leader of the First Order.
>>
I don't get the idea of an old creep and two kids being allowed by the army, all those vast generals, people and the entire Galaxy to command the Imperial forces. Lucas did that better imo.

Vader was like an army man, a commander, probably not exposed to the general public and Emperor was the wizard that somehow got voted the rightful ruler
>>
>>63862937
OH MY GOD

AND WHAT IF REY IS A SKYWALKER

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

AND WHAT IF KYLO REN REDEEMS HIMSELF

WOULDN'T THAT BE AWESOME AND UNPREDICTABLE?
>>
>>63865045
gilb?
>>
>>63865011
ikek'd

didyou?
>>
>>63863543
Really? Source?
>>
>>63865063
was that actually coruscant that got BTFOd?
>>
>>63865087
Yea I sorta agree with that, the General seemed young and not a veteran at all
>>
>>63864668
You bring up valid points, but you have to remember, this is Star Wars. Visceral reaction reigns above all. A giant superweapon capable of destroying entire solar systems in one go is way, way scarrier and serves the plot better than actually stopping to think about how that weapon actually functions. It's literally exactly the same conceit A New Hope hung its hat on.
>>
>>63865154
General Ron Weasley
>>
>>63865063
It's not coruscant

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hosnian_Prime
>>
>>63865147
It's referred to as the "seat of the senate", and that was always Coruscant, even in the OT.
Also the planet that gets blown up does look a HELL of a lot like Coruscant
>>
>>63865182
you know hes Mad eye Moodys son right?
>>
>>63865198
Well that's kind of a cop-out
>>
>>63865127
yes

But JJ did actually intend Snoke to be female at first. Also apparently in the novelization Snoke was someone close to Kylo when he was young. I actually wish he was Plagueis for maximum pottery but he seems to be 100 percent a new character.
>>
>>63865198
>Hosnian Prime

let me guess, the capital of Hosnia and Berzegovina?
>>
>>63864171
That would be interesting, just Kill Snoke in VIII
>>
>>63865011

top kek
>>
>>63863162
Confirmed Sheev coming back as a Ghost at tge least
>>
>>63865139
>>63863543
nope, Plagueis was created by Lucas

Darth Plagueis was first referenced on-screen in the 2005 movie Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, the third installment in the prequel trilogy of Star Wars.[1] However, the actual first mention of Plagueis was in the novel Labyrinth of Evil, which was released four months before the movie.[7] Although Palpatine was never confirmed to be Plagueis' apprentice in the movie itself, a link to the official encyclopedia on StarWars.com did refer to Sidious as having been "trained by Darth Plagueis."[2]

The character was created by George Lucas as early as the first draft of Revenge of the Sith—dated April 2003—and possibly earlier than that.[8] His story was massively expanded upon in the 2012 novel Darth Plagueis, written by James Luceno. However, that story is part of the Star Wars legends continuity, formerly known as the "Expanded Universe," and is therefore not official canon.[9] The novel Tarkin, also by Luceno, includes a number of references to Plagueis and canonizes certain elements that had been introduced in the Darth Plagueis novel.[3]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis
>>
>>63865050
It's been said Snoke was essential in Kylo's seduction to the dark side. I doubt he'd be able to do that if he wasn't a Force user.
>>
notice how "snoke" sounds like a dumb joke comic-relief their character name?

you know what other name sounds like that? jar-jar
>>
>>63865477
It's interesting to think that, if Snoke is Plagueis, corrupting Kylo would show he has interest in the Skywalker line, but also if that idea is correct, Rey isn't a Skywalker since the offspring of Luke would know doubt have been his first choice to corrupt
>>
>>63865570
maybe thats why she was hidden away
>>
File: ljTDQhK.jpg (11 KB, 400x259) Image search: [Google]
ljTDQhK.jpg
11 KB, 400x259
>>63865182
>twin brother dies
>go insane
>become space Hitler
>>
>>63865570
Kylo Ren is just as much a Skywalker as Rey if Rey is Luke's son.
>>
>>63865636
>Rey is Luke's son
Eww...
>>
So I have a theory.

>Snoke himself was not specifically a Dark Side user, he was basically a Force nihilist, who used the force as he saw fit, unbeholden to any specific predetermined archetypes.

>He belongs to an extremely ancient order of Force users that predates the concept of light side and dark side. This order basically killed itself off because its members grew too powerful, and destroyed a good portion of the galaxy. The concept of light side/dark side was created and enforced after this to prevent that kind of thing from happening again.
>>
File: 1443729044811.png (211 KB, 330x307) Image search: [Google]
1443729044811.png
211 KB, 330x307
>>63865847
it's not a theory you cuck
>>
>>63865877
speculation then. Whatever.
>>
>>63865847
Thats pretty much word for word what the plot was going to be for KOTOR 3 if it ever became a thing.
>>
>>63865264
>he seems to be 100 percent a new character.
You mean just like Kylo Ren and Rey?
>>
>>63863162
I thought that was a dumb theory but to be fair.
>the theme music thing is believable
>they keep repeating the Supreme Leader Snoke is "wise' about a million time throughout TFA
>they kinda need the new villain to top Sheev in terms of power, so using his master would work
Snoke = Plagueis could work yeah.
>>
>>63865847
>Snoke is an ever MORE powerful force user than anyone we've ever seen capable of destroying parts of galaxies with his Force
What's next, Force Space Breathing so they can fight in space?
Is Episode 8 going to be called Star Wars Z?
>>
>>63865847
Sounds awful.
>>
>>63865554
g'day reddit!
>>
So all these movies are culminating to some jedis fighting a big ghost? Really?
>>
the man in black is the snoke monster!
>>
>>63865636

From the inferior, second, girl child.

Get your midiclorians up, son.
>>
GUYS I just notiec this:

S N O K E

replace O with an A

think THE BIBLE

and???

(rate comment & upvote my post thanks)
>>
>>63863162
dauym
>>
>>63865988
I mean in terms of the universe. He's basically a lesser version of Sheev without the sense of humour
>>
File: 1354193554411.png (19 KB, 670x627) Image search: [Google]
1354193554411.png
19 KB, 670x627
>>63866316
+1 sir
>>
any1 notice any illuminati symbolism? because there is something pretty obvs there I wonder if you guys noticed
>>
>>63865847
That's some anime shit that doesn't match the tone of any of the movies and if by some miracle a professional writer were dumb enough to make it canonical it wouldn't affect any of the movies at all.
>>
>>63862937

>plagueis
>plague is

POTTERY
>>
>>63865847
You watch too much anime.
>>
>>63862937
I'm under the belief that snoke doesn't want kylo, he wants rey. Though kylo is much more maliable, he isn't insanely powerful. I think the reason rey is a Mary sue is because snoke did his cool midochlorian manipulation trick and rey was born. I swear the big reveal in episode 8 of her "family" is that she doesn't have a family and was meant to come to kill off kylo . then, being that all she cares is about her family, she will break.
>>
>>63866728
>plague is
>is plague
>it's plague then

SHIEEET
>>
>>63864668

Actually they do, it can move.
>>
>>63864668
does anyone know what the planets that it blew up were? One of them looked like Coruscant but I wasn't sure, there are lots of cityscape planets in star wars.
>>
>>63866915
ignore this, just read a few posts down
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.