[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>during the filming of The Revenant, Di Caprio reportedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
File: tfw_lost_another_academy_awards.jpg (205 KB, 1280x795) Image search: [Google]
tfw_lost_another_academy_awards.jpg
205 KB, 1280x795
>during the filming of The Revenant, Di Caprio reportedly broke 4 ribs, suffered frostbite on several areas of his body and endured testicular torsion for two days before he was able to receive treatment.

Pretty intensive actor.
>>
OSCAR INCOMING
>>
File: image.jpg (928 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
928 KB, 2448x2448
STAR SHIT KIDDIES ARE ASLEEP DISCUSS REVENANT
>>
Did he play a trans person or someone who is physically disabled?

Well then, no Oscar for him
>>
>>63862517
>Physically disabled
Literally. But you mean mentally so no.
>>
>>63862517

competition is pretty weak, only competition he has is the Mt. Everest (the mountain) for best actor.
>>
>>63862347
>endured testicular torsion for two days

>Testicular torsion is a surgical emergency that requires immediate intervention to restore the flow of blood. If treated either manually or surgically within six hours, there is a high chance (approx. 90%) of saving the testicle. At 12 hours the rate decreases to 50%; at 24 hours it drops to 10%, and after 24 hours the ability to save the testicle approaches 0. About 40% of cases result in loss of the testicle.

How?
>>
File: 1256236236.jpg (123 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1256236236.jpg
123 KB, 600x450
>mfw Leo's face when he doesnt get it
>>
Don't forget he also got raped by a bear. Twice. The things you'd do for the oscar.
>>
File: 1429036199386.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1429036199386.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>63862347
All this and the faggot still won't win an Oscar.
>>
>>63862799

popped it back in cos riri waitin
>>
>>63862948
That sounds almost as unbearable as watching this movie.
>>
File: o78k5fogx5g3hdy6peai.jpg (32 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
o78k5fogx5g3hdy6peai.jpg
32 KB, 450x338
>>63862347
If getting raped by a bear doesn't win him an Oscar, he should just quit.
>>
>>63863017
Still better than liking Star Wars tbqh pham
>>
So what other film is going to beat him this year? I really can't think of anything with that great acting.
>>
Memeing aside this was a pretty great film.

My face when I read the BuzzFeed review that slammed it for: Being racists to innocent peaceful Indians, being "too macho" (Glass was a real person, but of course she doesn't know that), featuring too many white people, and having no women leads.

This is why Leo and even this movie won't win any awards outside of production.
>>
>>63862347
>Testicular Torsion
>2 Days

So is he know sterile?
>>
>>63862799
ive had this before, you can just untwist your balls through your sack with your hands for a partial remedy until you get to see the doctor.
>>
>>63863228

>implying

Almost every review of Birdman I read talked about how poorly done the female characters were in it and that didn't stop it from winning Best Picture.

Pull your head out of your ass, clickbait articles don't mean shit to awards season.
>>
why are you discussing revenant on a star wars board?
>>
>>63863352
>Literal outrage, applauded speeches, and pandering last Oscar's about not enough PoC and women at the awards
K. You realize Oscar's aren't about prestige, but generating revenue, right? Of course they're going to pander.
>>
>>63863481

>generating revenue

It's about who throws the best Oscar parties.
>>
>>63863228
>too macho
it amazes me how insecure 1st world women are about being women
>>
File: well done.gif (2 MB, 150x173) Image search: [Google]
well done.gif
2 MB, 150x173
>mfw tom hardy gets the oscar instead
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 600x483) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 600x483
>yfw that final scene

tom getting his fingers chopped off out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>63863528
And, you know, the incredibly high viewership and advertising money that pays for it.
>>
can't wait to see the grizzly fight in the video package for his honorary life time achievement award pity oscar lmao
>>
>>63863228
The writers/subscribers of buzzfeed just refuse to view the world outside of their hugbox. Our glorious nation was built on violence and racism. Considering this, the natives in this film were portrayed as clever and brutal. Glass admired their culture, learned their language, and raised one of them as their own. This is probably one of the most balances portrayals of natives vs. whites in a western, with it not being too much on the hippie side-Pocahontas, The New World-and not being on the overtly racist side-most 50s westerns.
>>
>>63863654
>how can she slap??
>>
File: 1311380193810.png (278 KB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
1311380193810.png
278 KB, 640x272
>mfw Leo pulls all of the stops for his role but still doesn't win an Oscar
>this results in a total mental/emotiona/intellectual breakdown and Leo is incapable of acting again in the future because his mind is too far gone
>years later a biopic about Leo, and his breakdown, is produced
>the actor portraying Leo wins an Oscar for best actor
>>
>>63863940
desu, leo did good, but nothing in this film is phenomenal from him. Mostly just him crawling around and grunting. Tom Hardy takes the cake imo.
>>
>>63863940
>literally posting tumblr/facebook copypasta normies try to pass off as their own original though
>>>/trash/
>>
>>63863976
well u sher meemd me
>>
>>63863975
The problem lies in the script. Tom had way more lines. Easier to convey "better acting" through dialogue rather than physical acting like leo
>>
I think Tom Hardy is a solid actor, but Jesus fuck does he need to work on accents.

Mumbling isn't an American accent. It didn't work in Lawless and it doesn't work in this.
>>
File: Edgar-human_SS_01.jpg (209 KB, 638x630) Image search: [Google]
Edgar-human_SS_01.jpg
209 KB, 638x630
>>63864156
Literally talked like pic related through the whole movie
>>
>breaking your ribs is considered good acting

Fuck off and die Leo.
>>
>That final scene
That stare into the camera
Chills
CHILLS
>>
>testicular torsion

It's in my top 5 things I'm afraid of.
>>
>>63863042
But how uncomfortable is getting raped by a bear, really? How big is a bear penis? Is it barbed? This information is essential; no one gets an Oscar for taking some smooth pencil dick.
>>
File: english muffin.gif (1 MB, 369x334) Image search: [Google]
english muffin.gif
1 MB, 369x334
> falling over and not wearing gloves is considered acting
>>
>>63865524
I'm not sure. Bears are distantly related to canines so they might have a knot.
>>
>>63862347
Film of the year. The fact it triggers women, faggots and redditors makes it even better. Based spic director does it again.
>>
Leo wont win the Oscar because of that Stephen Hawking faggot playing a woman in another SJW movie.

Leo doesnt stand a chance.
>>
> testicular torsion

One of my worst fear, not only because it's so fucking common, but the pain I've heard it causes is on a legendary scale.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>63865692
>mfw he doesn't work in the industry
>>
>>63865817
Yeah, it's one of those things I'm afraid I'll get and think it'll go away on its own then I lose a testicle. Keeps me up at night sometimes.
>>
>100% masculine
>doesn't give a fuck about women
>doesn't give a fuck about minorities
>doesn't pander to millennial sensibilities
>no humor at all
>old school revenge plot
SJWs/Reddit going to hate this movie. New age critics as well, I guess.
>>
> endured testicular torsion for two days before he was able to receive treatment.

doesn't that mean his balls are dead? you're supposed to get treatment like instantly when you get it or rip balls
>>
>>63862347
>testicular torsion
Did the bear rape scene break his nuts somehow?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.