[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe I'm just retarded but I don't really understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: sheev.jpg (111 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
111 KB, 620x320
Maybe I'm just retarded but I don't really understand sheev's plan in episode 6. I get that he was trying to make Luka give into his hate and turn to the dark side and all that, but what does that really accomplish for him? Just because Luke gives in to the dark side doesn't mean he would automatically be loyal to sheev, wouldn't he have just tried to kill sheev?
>>
>>63859397
He was trying to get him to give into the dark side by killing him and Vader.
>>
>>63859452
So he just wanted someone younger to keep the sith alive even if it would cost him his life? neat, I never thought about it like that before.
>>
Vader was the one who suggested that they try to convert Luke rather than kill him. He didn't really want to kill his son and intended for them both to kill the Emperor and rule the Empire together.
The Emperor was looking to trade up for a younger apprentice and was hoping Luke would kill Vader and take his place. When Vader brought Luke to the throne room he turned them against eachother before they could turn on him. Aside from grabbing him from behind while he was distracted neither one was a match for the Emperor alone, so he would get the strongest of the two as his apprentice.
>>
>>63860029
I just don't get how the emperor was planning to turn luke. Even if Luka had killed vader, what would make him suddenly decide to join the emperor?
>>
>>63859397
>>63860237
>Luka
Stop that.
>>
>>63860237
Striking down Vader in anger would have caused him to fall cause that's how it works in star wars.
>>
>>63860298
shit i didn't even notice, what's wrong with me
>>
>>63860237
Well if he didn't, it's force lightning torture until he decides to sign up.
>>
>>63860237
The Emperor was urging Luke to use his emotions and other Sith stuff. The idea was that if Luke saw how much more powerful this made him he would be willing to submit to the Emperor to learn more.
>>
>>63859565
>>63859452
Palpatine had no intention of letting Luke take his place. He just wanted to use Luke as a stronger apprentice to enforce his will.

He would have told Luke anything to get him over to his side, telling him he could be his equal or successor or whatever if it would tempt him. Palpatine was always a manipulator.
>>
His temptations just seem a lot weaker than what he did with anakin in the prequels. I guess he was just hoping that luke would easily be tempted by the power and agree to learn more?
>>
>>63860481
Vader was making his move and Sheev had to react fast. He was making do with what he had.
>>
>>63860381
Oh no he actually wanted him as his apprentice. When he fights Yoda remember how he boasts that Anakin will surpass both of them? Sheev is the Devil, but as a Sith you always want an apprentice who could potentially replace you.
>>
>>63860481
Seems to me that Sheev didn't really care if Luke converted or not. His main concern was making sure Vader and Luke didn't turn on him at once. Getting Luke would've been a nice bonus but he would've been fine with killing Luke after Luke killed Vader if it came to that.
>>
>>63859397
>>63859565
In the EU there is always an implicit understanding between the Sith that the apprentice will one day attempt to overthrow the master.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.