[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (368 KB, 2400x1621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
368 KB, 2400x1621
What went wrong?
>>
absolutely nothing, best Star Wars flick since 1980.

Most of the people who didn't like it are prequel apologists (even though they deny it)
>>
Rey was too strong.

Also Kylo was not cool enough.
>>
>>63858186
Hello reddit
>>
The same issue that plagued J.J. Abrams' Star Trek films plagues this one: it feels less like a legitimate installment in the franchise and more like a generic action movie with a famous brand name slapped onto it.
>>
rey was a lame character after the lightsaber vision

it took too much from episode IV, so the plot is kinda predictable at times

Overall still pretty good.
>>
The problem is that it's Star Wars senpai.
>>
>>63858136
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63858136
Nothing.
>>
>>63858186
>>63858435
t. cross posters that don't know a thing about cinema
>>
They killed off TR-8R
easily the best character. He was more compelling than captain garbage disposal
>>
>>63858326
Is JJ Abrams the Michael Bay of space sci-fi?
What's next after Star Wars? Battlestar Galactica?
>>
>>63858511
Give it time, and yes, absolutely.
>>
>>63858511
>JJ directs Starcraft the movie.
>>
It was just a remake of episode 4 obsessed with passive aggressively swiping at the prequels (i.e. no politics which just makes a confusing plot, no courascant, no flashy lightsaber fights, no big space battles, etc..)
>>
JJ and co. completely dumbed it down. Force sensitive people are just magic, anyone can hold a lightsaber. The Republic exists but their army is called "the resistance" and their full fleet is 8 x wings. Darth Vader was a good villain because he was scary first, and conflicted second. Kylos just a whiny bitch. I couldn't believe it when he threw a temper tantrum with his lightsaber somehow they maaged to make a character more whiny than prequel anakin.
>>
>>63858569
>>63858573
Do you think he'd dip his hands into something like Babylon 5? Maybe Stargate?

Imagine Event Horizon done by JJ Abrams.
>>
>>63858136
Ironically, everything except the casting, which was the thing /tv/ complained about for months up until it was released and was actually the only thing the film did right.
>>
>>63858481
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
it felt empty and hallow, literally. every planet looked like earth and jakku especially felt tiny, like there's nothing beyond the movie set.

it honestly made me appreciate the prequels much more. at least they had fantastic, sprawling worlds that seemed to have populations of billions.

also, the young actors were the best part and ford and fisher dragged it down so much.
>>
>>63858136
A bit too derivative.
Rey is a horrendous character played by a worthless actress.
Finn was far too underutilized
Too much SJW shit

Everything else ranged from servicable to great. Overall, a positive experience.
>>
>>63858511
>Abrams makes Battlestar Galactic
>The Cylon nuclear apocalypse never happens because that's too dark, instead a predominately black and female squadron of pilots fight off cartoonishly evil beep-boop robot cylons
>The Cylons still destroy a human planet, but you never see it and it's one made up for the movie
>Battlestar Galactic is just the base of this squadron
>Lots of comedy, people like Baltar are comic relief
>Adama is a black female
>No nuclear weapons and guns because those are icky and too close to home, instead they're plasma torpedoes and people shoot lasers
>New Centurions are made out to be comically inept and immobile
>The Cylons don't take human form because that's too confusing
>The characters only communicate to each other in sarcastic quips
>There are silly looking alieums
>No biblical/book of exodus overtones
>First movie just ends up being a shot-for-shot ripoff of The Last Starfighter
>>
The comedy felt really out of place.
Especially in the first scene where Poe was being snarky. That really felt out of place.
>>
>>63858136
the dialogue went from cheesy yet lovable to drab
>>
File: 1445858711257.jpg (20 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1445858711257.jpg
20 KB, 300x400
>>63858795
>First movie just ends up being a shot-for-shot ripoff of The Last Starfighter
>>
>>63858511
No because Bay admits his sensibilities whilst JJ thinks hes a genius
>>
>>63858136
it could have come sooner, pretty good movie
>>
>>63858136
Ripped a bit too much off IV. My nostalgia has so far blocked me from disliking it, but I think Abrams avoided a lot of heavy dialogue because he was too afraid to rock the boat.
>>
>>63858653
Very true
>>
>>63858136
It's not Star Trek
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.