[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe it. They made someone worse than Anakin.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: kylo.jpg (21 KB, 785x510) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
21 KB, 785x510
I can't believe it.

They made someone worse than Anakin.
>>
that's not rey
>>
i like him
the mask voice just sounded like someone talking too close to their mic on skype or something but that's just a minor annoyance haha i'm not one to rage over something as trivial as star wars
>>
The point is that he's SUPPOSED to be a whiny little shit he puts on the mask to hide his weakness from the outside world and look tough

when Anakin threw a temper tantrum we were supposed to see it as a sign of his inner struggle and take pity on him

People just DO NOT UNDERSTAND this character. It's like they the prequels ruined them and they think a good Star Wars villain is Darth Maul or General Grevious
>>
>>63855103
Good character =/= likable. He is well thought out, but he is still a little bitch.
>>
>>63855103
i do not understand why anyone thinks darth maul is cool
>>
>>63855170
he's quiet and menacing, making him seem cool. what's there to not understand?
>>
>>63855260
i guess i can see why

maybe it's the facepaint, maybe not
>>
>>63855103
i understand that he is a multidimensional character, but he is also the VILLAIN, no? We are supposed to fear the antagonistic force, its what gives a film it's stakes. How are we supposed to have stakes when the villain is an emo teen edgelord who gets beat by some chick without any prior experience.
>>
>>63855138
The problem is that people think he's a bad character.
>>
>>63854985

Except Adam sells it better than Hayden, something autists can't understand because it takes reading an actors performance and not just seeing "ah, he gets really angry too, lol just like Anakin so he must be badly done"
>>
>>63855103

This. He's basically a school shooter who worships hitler, he's meant to be tryhard edgo.
>>
>>63855138
you're not supposed to like him. that's the point.
>>
Were they trying to go for Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh when he was wearing the mask?
>>
>>63855417
Holy shit how fucking retarded can you be oh my fucking god.

We literally see Snoke a million times in the movie, being villainous and shit.
We see the First Order throughout the movie, being villainous and shit.
We will probably see Kylo Ren come back bigger, badder and stronger after based Hux saved him.
>>
>>63855417
he got shot by chewy and finn prior
>>
I liked the masked voiceover

As hilarious and cartoony as Vader was, it was still cool because it was unique

Bane should have sounded like this tbf

also the sound engineering team completely saved his autistic rage scenes
>>
It's pretty obvious he won't be the villain for the entire trilogy considering the frontal evil character role is split between Kylo and Hux.
>>
>>63855417

Because it's the first of a trilogy. When 8 and 9 are out this movie will probably be better than it is stand alone right now.
In 8 Kylo will complete his training and clash with Rey.
In 9 they will clash again and he will fall / convert.

I mean the dude's actually struggling to not be a good guy all in the name of power. I thought it was refreshing. Worst part I thought was the Han part where he says "It's too late for me." what did he mean by this? he chose his path willingly.
>>
>>63855566
>sitting on a chair
>villainous

>phasma being useless and disabling the shields
>villainous

>hux and his unscary, tired superweapon (for the third time)
>villainous

Kylo is the only one who was actually a bad guy we cared about. And he turned into a beta /r9k/ tier villain. Look, I think the inner conflict is interesting, but could they not make him such a brat in the process?

>inb4 no u don't understand, he's supposed to be annoying!!1!
>>
>>63855469
He could have force choked both of them even with half a leg missing for crying out loud.
The wounds thing is a thin excuse as to how he gets beaten by deus-ex-force-machina from rey.
I like the movie but come on.

>>63855566
Stop calling people retarded when youre trying to make an argument or when youre too lazy to explain what you disagree with them on, it only makes you look retarded.
Hes not making an argument for what Kylo Ren COULD be but for how the movie fails to present him as a threat to give the story stakes.
And Ren is less and less of a believable threat as the movie drags on.
>>
>>63855725
>we

No, speak for yourself, not everyone who saw it, faggot.
>>
>first appearance
>holy shit he's a badass
>stops blaster bolt
>holy fuck he's more threatening than vader
>mask voice
>more fucking menacing than vader as well
>takes off mask
>is just some angsty faggot

Seriously, way to ruin a character
>>
>>63855333
Facepaint + dual lightsaber + attitude + great battle theme.

He was made to be cool. But that's the extent of his "character."
>>
>>63855755
The point is that Kylo was not meant to be seen as a threat by the end of the movie.
>>
>>63854985
I can't tell if this is bait, or if people really have this shit taste
>>
Vader wore a mask because his face was fucked up. This guy is just a edgelord.

That and he's supposed to be a great Jedi and he gets beat by someone who has never used a lightsaber.

What a terrible character and he's probably going to be one of the man villain for the whole series.
>>
he will turn from the dark side
otherwise they wouldn't have made it his main conflict
>>
>>63855333
It's not paint, he's an alien.
>>
>>63855417
>dealing with the emotional shock of stabbing your dad
>a fucking wookie shoots you with a bowcaster that literally made stormtroopers spin end over end on screen
>a turncoat stormtrooper shoots you yet again
>the most plot-armored protag to date demonstrates retardedly high over-9k raw force power levels and comes at you with the personal weapon of the most destructive galaxy-conquering space wizard ever known to have lived

I feel like he's set up to come back even more ragemode autistic now that he got rekt by a grillll and might need to actually keep his mask on since his face got cut to shit
>>
>>63855764
That was the point, he's trying too hard to be Vader Mk 2.0 and he can't measure up. That IS his character.
>>
>>63855764
The mask was a box full of posibilities for us to fill that died when he took it off.

You never see Darth Vader without the mask until the very end and some glimpses here and there. You could have made Kylo Ren sympathetic and human while stil keeping the mask on (the tantrums helped) and keeping him as a threat.

>>63855870
And for what purpose?
>>
>>63854985
he's the best character in Force Awakens hands down. He was badass in the beginning as you see him in front of a crowd, and then later behind closed doors you realise he's more of a little bitch. But it's representative of how he's being used by Snoke, he's meant to be powerful and intimidating when really he's a complex emotional human being.

That being said he's actually not really that much of a little bitch, he expresses a lot of anger which is what the dark side is meant to do once you let it in, this is explained countless times throughout the movies. Also him struggling with killing Han and his response to seeing Rey resist his powers are both valid human responses. Ben isn't meant to be the big bad sociopath, he's a kid who was tempted and manipulated by the dark side and isn't the end all be all of evil. Plus Adam Driver did a terrific job, it was probably the best performance of the movie as well.
>>
>>63855657
Hux is basically this trilogy's Tarkin but he didn't die in the first movie.
>>
I loved the movie but why was he named Ben of all things? Leia never met Ben Kenobi and Han wasn't really that close with him either
>>
>>63855888

The main antagonist is a bumbling retard who almost gets killed by a gorilla. I guess JJ is taking the series in a new direction.
>>
If kylo doesn't get heaps of power from the frustration/anger from losing that fight and fuck people/rey up then this series is trash. That's the only way they can redeem this ANH remake mary sue bs.
>>
>>63855764
there's nowhere for a character to develop if he starts the trilogy off as the baddest dude ever

vader had literally no development until the end of Jedi, the father reveal carried him through Empire
>>
File: kylo-ren-header.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-header.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
Is he the most powerful force user in the cinematic universe so far?

>stasis (over anything)
>force horror
>sense lifeforms
>choke + pull
>mind read
>drain life
>inflict pain

Lightning (Force Storm), Death Field, Force Plague, and maybe boost Force Horror to Insanity and this guy is the most powerful Dark Jedi of all time.
>>
>>63855417
He was bleeding out when he was defeated and he is young/inexperienced....no shit he gets beat by a healthy sabre wielding bitch.
>>
>>63856123

stopping a laser mid-air is some extreme force operating, so maybe
>>
>>63856123
should have invested in force shield and force heal
>>
>>63856123
Revan wannabe desu
>>
>>63855445

When he's talking to Rey and screaming "TRAITOR" he's just like Hayden was as Anakin.

Hayden's performance as Anakin was just as believable in certain scenes. He has his moments, like when his mom does in the sand people camp and his sadness changes to pure rage.
>>
>>63855940
But did the movie do a good job of portraying his character while still keeping in mind his role in the story?

I think the problem people have with the character is that the way they portrayed him makes his role and stakes in the story deflate the more he is on screen.
They failed in making him feel like he was a proper threat or antagonist due to wanting to drive home his inner conflict. Maybe the inner conflict and "troubled youth" part of the performance was too overplayed, maybe it was not the right actor (who has an accent completely different than his parents).
By the end it just felt like it was a kid that had went to a friends house after a quarrel with his parents and the dad was bringing him home. He felt too incompetent for me to suspend my disbelief that he would hold the position he did in the empire.
>>
>>63854985
That's not Rey
>>
>>63856141
>using young/inexperienced as an argument as to why he was defeated by someone even more young and inexperienced than him

And he was using his pain to fight. Should have been an advantage.
>>
>>63856141
Chewie got shot in the fucking arm and was out of the fight. Kylo fought two people and was wounded by them multiple times.

This monologue: "Forgive me. I feel it again... the call from light. Supreme Leader senses it. Show me again, the power of the darkness, and I'll let nothing stand in our way. Show me, grandfather, and I will finish what you started."

Cemented my opinion that he was the best character in the movie and had the best actor playing the character. The writers took a risk with having a "bad" character have emotions and possible guilt over his actions. I want more Kylo Ren.
>>
>>63855981
Agree 100%
>>
>>63855138
That's the point. He's emotionally unhinged and has daddy issues.
>>
File: 1450318057696.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1450318057696.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>63855981
This a thousand times this.
>>
>>63856123
>tfw he probably created his own lightsaber from ancient sith schematics
>tfw he probably created his own synthetic red crystal
>tfw the spurs on his lightsaber actually have practical use and he probably engineered them himself

he also resisted the urge of family and the light side

hes literally and figuratively more menacing than vader, besides his subpar lightsaber skills
>>
>>63856244

When Kilo gets angry it's fucking scary and a bit sympathetic since he's clearly really fucked up in the head.

When Anakin gets angry it's just a bit funny since he comes off as an angsty teen whos parents took away his xbox.
>>
>>63856252

Bear in mind that his duty usually involves just bullying some random muggles with the force or slicing them apart.

When shit hits the fan and the first order has to actually do crucial stuff like this he shows his immaturity.

Also he's young.

Vader had 20 years or so to calm down in his life support suit until we saw him again in ANH with a commanding presence.

Kylo in 20 years would probably get serious too.
>>
Adam Driver is the best actor in the movie and if you don't agree you don't know shit about acting.
>>
>>63856123
>Stopping that fucking plasma charge mid flight

that's some next level matrix tier shit my friend
>>
>>63856123
Yes

Which is why IDGAF that he sucks with the lightsaber

He's a caster, not a hack and slash fuccboi like Maul and Vader
>>
>>63856123
He's certainly demonstrated his power the most. Don't forget he's got that Skywalker blood, he's probably hugely powerful. Just needs more training and he'll be a beast.
>>
>>63855764
He's trying to be Vader 2.0 but he can't measure up to his idol, and this upsets Kylo. That is the point
>>
>>63855888
He got shot in the gut before the fight, senpai
>>
File: pepe-jesus.jpg (22 KB, 300x213) Image search: [Google]
pepe-jesus.jpg
22 KB, 300x213
>>63856123
>Lightning (Force Storm), Death Field, Force Plague

These come in the next movie. The fun has only just begun.

Bring Kylo Ren to me. To complete his training.mfw
>>
File: fake voice and mask.png (225 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fake voice and mask.png
225 KB, 400x400
>>63854985
Yes. He's just Darth Moranis with a smaller helmet.
>>
>>63856283
Inexperienced+bleeding to death is huge. You cannot deny it. And yes she is even more inexperienced. But she wasn't BLEEDING THE FUCK OUT so she had the upperhand
>>
>>63855981
Absolutely this, I agree completely. Such a fascinating character and great villain.
>>
>>63856123
And yet Rey kicks his ass without any training.
>>
File: Iseeyoursisaslongasmine.jpg (40 KB, 666x360) Image search: [Google]
Iseeyoursisaslongasmine.jpg
40 KB, 666x360
>>63856575
>>
>>63854985
OUTER
>>
>>63856123
>force horror
>drain life

The fuck are these?

And on a scale of 1-10, how impressive is stopping a blaster shot in mid-air? I don't think it was done in any of the movies before.
>>
Could you imagine if Princes Leia kicked Darth Vader's ass in the A New Hope?

How intimidating of a character would have be from there on?
>>
>>63856755

7/10, he not only stopped it, he held it and fucked off to do things
>>
>>63856755
9/10
>>
>>63856758
If Darth Vader was shot, slashed with a lightsaber, still a padawan, fighting against Leia and Solo, and had just finished killing his father in cold blood

Yeah probably
>>
>>63856758

That's the point. Kylo will never measure up to Vader.
>>
>>63856755

that is like an 8 or 9 honestly

I mean it would probably be easier for him to pull a star destroyer into the planet then catch and hold energy like that
>>
So Rey is force Jesus right?
>>
>>63856863

than*
>>
>>63856868
rey is luke daughter, darth vader granddaughter so yes
>>
File: lucasbald.jpg (27 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
lucasbald.jpg
27 KB, 400x600
>>63855481
Bingo. He's a school shooter type. He hates his parents for sending him away. He hates that he wassn't a good Jedi student. He hates that Luke won't teach him how to make a lightsaber, he finds out his grandpa was a badass Sith Lord who was feared across the galaxy, so he tries his hand at that and is rewarded for the first time in his life.

Secretly, he's afraid he'll fail at even being like Vader, and he gets scared shitless when he realizes that Rey is strong with the force, just like mass shooters get scared the second the cops show up, and often just kill themselves rather than die fighting on an even playing field.
>>
>>63855981
Agree
>>
Having just seen the film again for a second time tonight, it's obvious to me that Rey is NOT as untrained as she appears. And there is great darkness about her. She is more consumed with rage than Kylo Ren during their fight and was genuinely about to kill him before the planet crumbling separated them. Not even mentioning the fact that she fights with the same style as Palpatine did in RotS. Not to mention, in the novelization it is heavily implied/hinted at that he knows her. She may very well have been what led him to the Dark Side to begin with. Perhaps had her mind wiped by Luke and left on Jakku in the hopes that without her they could bring Ben back to the light.
>>
>>63856862

Vader never stopped a blaster in mid air though. Did he not learn that move yet?

I don't think Anakin ever did either.
>>
>>63857057
Well, he blocked a blaster shot from Han with his hand. That's pretty close.
>>
>>63857057

Jacen did though in books, when his uncle shot at him on centerpoint station, and during Kilik Wars, he deflected and caught heavy scale ion blasts from orbiting starships
>>
>>63857057
Vader didn't need to stop blasters in mid air because they couldn't hurt him. Remember when he deflected Han's blasts with his hand?
>>
>>63857057

He has higher midichlorians. They explained that.
>>
>>63856755
Solid 9 I'd say. The most impressive part is how he stopped it and then went on to do other things and didn't show any sign of strain, it's like he forgot it was even there. Even Yoda shows visible strain at performing difficult force tasks.
>>
>>63855981
This guy gets it.
>>
>>63854985

He's awesome.

>He's been trained by powerful figures and still sucks at fighting.
>He has tantrums, showing that he has no control over his emotions
>He's ineffectual as a leader
>He struggles with the light and dark side, which culminates with a moral Event Horizon

He's excellent as a villain. You want to talk about a bad villain?

Fucking Domhnall Gleeson. Everything he does in the movie is stereotypical imperial villain except he looks like a fucking kid and has all this power.
>>
>>63857394
we want the admiral thrawn fandom audience
>>
>>63855103
>BUT HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A WHINY LITTLE HOMO
Am I supposed to enjoy it?
>>
>>63854985

Kylo Ren is a little bitch with a massive inferiority complex.

Yeah, that's kind of the point.
>>
>>63854985
Anyone else talking about his non-yellowed eyes?
>>
>>63857584

considering he's the villain, no, you're meant to dislike him and hope he gets beaten
>>
Kylo Ren is infinitely more interesting than Vader was through their first movies.

In A New Hope Vader had almost no character development.

Kylo is 100% fleshed out with an incredible, tragic backstory.
>>
>>63857584

You're supposed to enjoy watching him get his comeuppance when Rey kicks his shit in.

Granted he was injured at the time, but still.
>>
>>63857612

I like that they subverted the "DARK SIDE MAKES YOU UGLY AND GIVES YOU BAD COMPLEXION" thing.
>>
>>63856755
>force horror
>drain life

Dark side powers
>>
>>63854985
>has such quick reflexes and accurate force use that he stops a blaster laser mid-air

Kylo could kill your favorite character (and might have already lel), fuck you.
>>
>>63857622
This.
>tfw I actually sympathize and relate to his character more than the others

The scene between him and Han is easily one of the most powerful, well acted, and beautifully shot in the entire saga.
>>
>>63857671
What does force horror do?

Does drain life sound like I think it does with him stealing life into himself?
>>
>>63856856
Well done
>>
File: 1320025380766.jpg (52 KB, 898x348) Image search: [Google]
1320025380766.jpg
52 KB, 898x348
>>63857773
>The scene between him and Han is easily one of the most powerful, well acted, and beautifully shot in the entire saga.

I figured what was coming and it still hurt. The whole thing takes a lot from Obi-Wan's death in IV and the showdown between Luke and Vader in V, but they utilize those callbacks in a very effective way, and it helps that both characters fucking sold the scene so well with the acting.
>>
>>63857051
But she was left on Jakku when she was like 6, how could she have been such a threat at such a young age? Even Anakin wasn't that scary as a kid, and his daddy was the fucking force itself.

Maybe it was Plagueis back at his manipulations from beyond the grave or something, but I'm convinced that she was realizing her powers for the first time in the interrogation chamber with Ren.

And as for the whiny mother fuckers complaining about how Rey stood up to him in a fight, it's not as if it's her first time ever holding a weapon. She kicked the shit out of those fuckers on Not-Tatooine with a fucking stick, she's clearly a competent melee fighter. And Ren was shot several times and stabbed in the shoulder.
>>
>>63857784

I think it's a force-powered San Loss, but it's been awhile for me.
>>
>>63857773
They telegraphed what was going to happen in that scene but it worked for me due to the weight of Driver's performance. The sick feeling built and you knew what was going to happen even with the tears in Kylo's eyes.
>>
>>63854985
>They made someone worse than Anakin.
I don't remember Kylo killing children
>>
>>63856065
Why does there need to be character development for the villain? Darth Vader was a pretty bad dude, and his development was pretty gradual. He didn't develop at all in the first one, he was just a villain that was going to crush the alliance once and for all.
>>
>>63857784
Force horror makes enemies run away in fear and panic, like Rey does when she sees him. Force Insanity makes enemies go crazy and fight against each other.

The other one, is Inflict Pain > Drain Life > Force Kill.

It's what he uses while interrogating people, as well as mind read.
>>
File: 1317501296031.jpg (26 KB, 207x471) Image search: [Google]
1317501296031.jpg
26 KB, 207x471
>>63857917
>got spoiled for that scene by some fucker on another board on Thursday night
>turns out I would've figured it was coming anyways as soon as they reveal that Ren is Han Solo's son.

Everything went better than expected.
>>
>>63857926
The development is so it hurts more when maReySue kills him.
>>
>>63857612
He's not corrupted by the Dark Side, notice how he never uses anything like a force choke or lightning? He just freezes people in place and uses force push/pull, which are essentially neutral abilities at best. He pulls an officer to him and holds him up by the throat, but doesn't strangle him from across the room like Vader would have and we don't even know if he actually killed that guy. I kind of get the feeling that he didn't. He's trying so hard to be evil or like what he thinks his grandfather was like, but his constant struggle is preventing him from doing it. He didn't even kill his father, Han activated his Lightsaber for him because he knew that his son needed him to. There's a lot more going on with this character than a lot of people seem to realize.
>>
>>63857919
He did either kill or turn all of Luke's students, you can only assume some of them were kids.
>>
>>63857919

He did order the execution of the entire outpost on Jakku. There were probably children among them as well.
>>
>>63857946
The same thing happened to me, I had a very strong hunch Han wasn't going to make it out alive when the casting for the film was announced though.
>>
why does he dress like a ninja but wears a helmet that they tried to make look extremely heavy
>>
>>63857860
That's the thing, I think what we saw in that force vision of her as a little girl is a tampered with memory. She thinks she's lived there her whole life but hasn't and was dropped there as a teen/young adult with amnesia and no knowledge of her connection to the force in the hopes that it was a peaceful, non-violent solution to her as a villain. But as the movie progresses, we see her rapidly gaining her connection to the force and becoming increasingly more powerful toward the end. When Kylo Ren and the Stormtroopers are searching the base for her, he said something along the lines of "We must find her quickly, she is just beginning to discover her abilities but the longer she alludes us, the stronger she becomes".
>>
>>63855497
He's not compelling either.
>>
File: 1450590505155.jpg (37 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1450590505155.jpg
37 KB, 500x513
>tfw daddy took away my tendies again

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'LL SHOW I'M GONNA BE A SITH
>>
>>63855103
You realize you can do 'muh internal conflict' on someone who is still imposing and commanding, right?

Instead of this fucking cuck douchebag who looks like Paul Atreides's cousin with down syndrome.
>>
>>63854985

He was the best part. And he's the protagonist.
>>
>>63858544
This guy gets it. Not the villain. As much of a main character as Rey, the next film will be split half and half between them while they train with their masters. He will be eventually stop resisting the light and she will discover the dark side within herself.
>>
File: 1450058578471.png (80 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1450058578471.png
80 KB, 800x800
>>63854985
Why on earth do you think that Kylo ren is a bad charakter?

You can see as well as I that he has SOO much room for charakter development on par with what Anakin could of had if they didnt butcher the prequals as bad as they did.

>I dun liek him cuz evryon else likes him bruh
>>
>>63858125
Revan 2.0, huh? Makes sense, they stole so much of the rest of the plot from KotOR. Maybe she or Kylo or one of the Knights will show off their battle meditation in the next one...
>>
>>63856123
what prestige level is he and when does he unlock the saber throw
>>
>>63855103
>a good Star Wars villain is Darth Maul

But that's true anon.
>>
He's my favorite just wish he didn't have the mask so you could understand him
>>
>>63856123
It's gonna take him years to be anywhere near the level that Sidious was. Seriously, Sidious was THE dark side. Evil incarnate.
>>
He's the most well-written character in the movie, bar none.

Everyone likes Poe, but Poe barely got any lines besides being wisecracking ace pilot man.

Kylo is going to be one of the frontrunners of the trilogy and I guarantee you that his redemption story is going to be a major focus.
>>
>>63856123

Vader and Peeved Sheev have more impressive force powers in the canon material.

If the original series was made today, there would be a scene with Sidious playing Force Ping Pong with the Rebel fleet, because modern filmmaking is so showy.
>>
>>63859164

Darth Maul was the only beautiful part of Episode I.

Barely any explanation for him, a mysterious hooded figure, tracking them down, then finally the climax at the end where he removes his hood and pulls out a fucked TWO SIDED BLADE.

Wish they'd kept him along.
>>
>>63859738

I wish Maul would have lasted through the prequels.
>>
>>63859738
>>63859785
Watch The Clone Wars, he did survive and there are multiple story arcs involving him. Some of the best episodes in my opinion.
>>
>>63859834

>surviving being cut in half

How in the absolute fuck?
>>
>>63859672
I agree. I thought he was conflicted, clumsy, hot-headed and sad, which made him a great villain.

My favorite part is anytime he's walking; he honestly looks like a teenager in a costume trying to look badass,

Did anyone find his voice while wearing the mask to be....odd? off-putting?
>>
>>63859672
That, and Rey's fall. While this one was a decent set up, I expect the story told in the next two films to actually be better than OT, on par with KotOR and Jedi Knight.

Setting out from the get-go with a clear story in mind is exactly the thing the prequels lacked and why they were so fucking bad. This movie doesn't feel like Episode IV in that way, where they just made a movie and worried about the sequels after the fact. This feels like they know they're making more afterwards, and want to set up a cohesive story that flows from one film to the next, something that'll be new to Star Wars.
>>
>>63859981
>hurr Kylo will be gud and Rey will be ebil durr

I hate theorists so much.
>>
>>63860038

Kylo will obviously be redeemed Vader style

the power of feminism will probably stop Rey from going bad which would be fucking amazing if it happened
>>
>>63859981
I really hope the next movies are about Rey letting everybody down, Even after training with Luke. and Kylo's redemption.
>>
>>63859909

I'm wondering where the fuck he picked the accent up from.
>>
>>63859521

you cant shiv the sheev
>>
>>63860084
this would make up for her mary sue-ness
>>
>>63859228

Bane all over again
>>
>>63860080
She literally uses the Dark Side to win her fight. You can see it in the way she beats Kylo. She's already got temptations towards the Dark.

It would also make a great contrast with Kylo. He struggles to go full Vader, she struggles NOT to go full Vader.
>>
>>63860038
>I hate theorists so much.
I do wonder why they want it so badly though. Do they really think Kylo should be saved just because they self insert as him that much?
>>
>>63860080
I personally want Kylo to get redeemed, become much stronger, then go evil towards the end and kill Luke in the process.
>>
>>63858267
>tfw someone steals my meme idea

FUCKING JEDIIIIIIIIII REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63859882
Fell into a trash pit, got transported to a landfill planet. He was basically so pissed off that the dark side kept him alive and since he wasn't bleeding out due to cauterization, he was able to sort of assemble a robot body in his delirium using the force (somewhat resembling a spider). He then spent 10+ years living on that junk planet and went literally insane and became a cannibal. His brother, who was chosen by Dooku as a new apprentice after getting rid of Ventress goes looking for him and helps him get his shit together, including normal robot legs.
>>
>>63860038
Rey cracking under pressure while Kylo's conscience gets the better of him would be great tbqh family
>>
>>63860080
Kylo will get redeemed or die trying.
But Rey going dark side is just edgy shit with no proof you guys are pushing.
>>
>>63860168
>She literally uses the Dark Side to win her fight.

How do you figure? She calmed herself, like a Jedi, not unleashed her negative emotions like a Sith.

Although I imagine being abandoned on a crime ridden shithole desolate desert planet would give you trust issues and make you see the upside of fascism.
>>
What I like about Kylo Ren is that he's not just a retread of Vader as an impossibly powerful monster.

Instead, Kylo Ren wants to be Vader SO BADLY but never will be. He doesn't need the mask to live, he wears it out of this twisted level of admiration and respect. Any time he's shown to be vulnerable and weak, he flips out and trashes the room like a child in stark contrast to Vader's quiet menace. His power is nowhere near Vader's and it tears him up inside.

We unfortunately don't get a lot of backstory on him, but probably will later. His devotion to Vader as a symbol of power, respect and ruthlessness makes me wonder how secret Vader's redemption was. Is it really only Luke that knows the truth about his final moments? That's kind of intriguing to me.
>>
>>63860278
Her tapping into the Force looked calm for a bit, but then when she actually starts to fight it looks Dark Side-ish as fuck. She pulls out a saber stab that you've only ever seen from Sheev in Episode III, and then she starts to hammer at Kylo the same way Luke beat down Vader in ROTJ. Fuck, in the end she basically beats him by out-muscling him. There was no calm and peace to her, just raw power and domination.

It all felt very Sith-y, at least to me.
>>
>>63860395

Maybe because she's had NO FUCKING TRAINING.

If I were in her shoes I'd go for raw power because I had no fucking finesse.
>>
File: Bane_TDKR3.jpg (49 KB, 470x706) Image search: [Google]
Bane_TDKR3.jpg
49 KB, 470x706
At least he didn't have the voice of a gay senior citizen who just got kicked in the nuts
>>
>>63860389
yeah Luke is the only one who knows, which is why he's the only one that turns up at the funeral
>>
>>63856123
fuck no, he struggled to beat finn in a saber duel and is pleb as fuck.
>>
>>63860389

Reminds me of the average /pol/ kiddie and their love for Hitler lel.
>>
>>63860176
>Do they really think Kylo should be saved just because they self insert as him that much?

It's because he was the most developed character in the entire movie. People identify with him because we know more about him than anyone else.

Like him or not (I do), he's going to be the protagonist before it's all said and done.
>>
>>63860389
I agree with this post completely. I do think Kylo Ren knows the truth about Vader though. I don't see how he couldn't, he knows he's his grandfather and I doubt Luke and his parents wouldn't tell him about it. So he must be intentionally trying to ignore that part of Vader to make him into the man he wants him to be in his eyes because that justifies his own actions. If there's good in Vader then he has no choice but to acknowledge and admit that there is good in himself, and likely far more than there even was in Vader. I mean, he's not even corrupted by the dark side of the force, his eyes aren't yellow or anything like that and the only force powers we see him use are that freeze ability and push/pull. He grabs a guy by his throat instead of choking him from across the room even and it doesn't seem like he even killed that guy.
>>
>>63860230

What if it goes something like

>Kylo Ren surrenders when his conscience gets the best of him
>Rey kills him anyways in a fit of Dark Side-fueled rage
>>
>>63860568
Just like when Kylo killed Han!
>>
>beating his wound for the dark side power boost

was pretty cool desu
>>
File: 1447820658742.png (513 KB, 600x782) Image search: [Google]
1447820658742.png
513 KB, 600x782
>>63857051
>Not even mentioning the fact that she fights with the same style as Palpatine did in RotS.

>Not even mentioning the fact that she fights with the same style as Palpatine did in RotS.

Aw fuck I knew something was odd with her fighting style.
>>
>>63860395
It didn't really look like she was fighting through RAGE or whatever, but more like wild and brutish due to not being properly trained in light saber combat.
>>
>>63860615

That wasn't a boost. It was like cramming Viagra down your throat when your boner's three-quarters of the way dead after you've shot your wad. It was kinda pathetic.
>>
>>63860643
>Aw fuck I knew something was odd with her fighting style.

Seriously how many other lightsaber fighters have we seen go for headlong stabs like that?
>>
File: 1432771768713.png (387 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1432771768713.png
387 KB, 750x750
>>63860278
>tfw the trilogy will end with Kylo trying to talk Darth Rey around to coming back to the Light Side with him but she gives a villain speech about how Luke abandoned her and if the First Order imposes order over the whole galaxy no one will ever have to grow up in a hellhole like Jakku ever again
>>
>>63860682
It was totally the Sheev stab. It's been memed so many times on this very board that I'd recognize it anywhere.
>>
>>63856329
this
>>
>>63855911
an alien with tattoos
>>
File: sheev spin.webm (3 MB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
sheev spin.webm
3 MB, 720x306
>>63860713

will she do the sheev spin next?
>>
>>63860691
>Kylo Ren and Rey turn out not to be related, and they start to fall in love
>It sparks the good in him and returns to the light, but she is attracted to the darkness in him and begins to fall
>It ends with them switching sides, still in love, but trying to convince each other come back to the light/dark
>They are forced into a duel to the death and die in each others arms
>>
This motherfucker is gonna go full Oedipus.

Just watch.
>>
>>63860790
>Dindu comes with 3 other Jedi to take down Palpatine
>They don't just all bumrush him and instead give him a chance to pull out his lightsaber
>End up all getting rekt

I still think it's retarded how Dindu was portrayed as some super powerful Jedi leader who used both light/dark sides and yet we never see him rekt anyone.
>>
>>63854985

I can't believe what a bitch this guy was. It's incredible.
>>
>we'll see each other again, my friend
>my friend
>friend
>end
Finn: just keep me in this coma
>>
It's pretty obvious that he will realize by the end of the second movie that to surpass Vader he has to do the one thing Vader failed to do and regreted: going back to the light side/denying the dark side
>>
>>63857051

i-is that why Kylo calls her a traitor during their fight?

is my waifu evil?
>>
>>63860914

It's incredible because they sell him as pants-shittingly powerful in the first couple scenes.

>fucking stops a blaster shot with the Force and forgets about it for most of the scene
>the torture scene where he breaks Poe

It isn't until later in the movie you start to realize that it's an act, he can afford to act that overconfident because he's never really faced a challenge to his power before, and in reality has a massive fucking inferiority complex. It sounds corny, but when his mask comes off, he reveals himself after that point for the little bitch he really is.
>>
>>63860917
I laughed so hard at how she kept friendzoning him

the most hilarious was when he showed up to save her, and they both look at each other, and you think "it's the romantic kiss cliche scene", and Finn gets ready for it, and then she just turns her head and hugs him, then leaves again
>>
>>63860917
>tfw you risk your life for a bitch and you get friendzoned

fucking white women
>>
>>63860998
>>63861003

Can you blame her if she wants the swag pilot instead of the fucking trashman?
>>
>>63860176

It's because it's one of two possible directions for his character to go. Either he gets redeemed, or he goes full Sheev. The way Star Wars has gone in the past makes me think that he'll at least be tempted by the light side, in the same way that Luke was tempted by the dark side.

Star Wars has always been about mirroring characters. Anakin was an evil Luke, Jar Jar was an evil Yoda, Han was a reverse Obi-Wan in TFA, it's a major theme of Star Wars as a whole. So it would make sense for the new trilogy to have some mirroring as well. Rey and Kylo are perfect characters for this. Both mirroring characters from past trilogies, Rey Anakin and Kylo, to a lesser extent, Luke and Darth Vader. Not to mention the mirror of each other's characters as well.
>>
>>63860988

Like, when he was fighting Finn I was like, "Why t he hell doesn't he just grab him with the force like he's done to everyone else the entire movie?"

Dude can stop a blaster bolt in midair and hold it there for a full minute without even fully concentrating on it and apparently can read minds and shit, but needs effort to beat one guy who isn't even force sensitive?
>>
>>63860496
Kylo is confirmed to know Vader was redeemed in some of the booklets. It's one of the few things he dislikes about him and part of the reason why he was so eager to kill Han and surpass him.
>>
>>63861077

not wanting to get cucked by chad is a feel that transcends racial barriers
>>
>>63861108

At this point Kylo Ren was just running off of rage and wasn't thinking straight. He wanted to beat someone down personally rather than just ending it fast.
>>
>>63861094
>It's because it's one of two possible directions for his character to go. Either he gets redeemed, or he goes full Sheev.
It's just that I keep reading a flood of posts demanding that Rey become evil and die. I understand if people don't like her, but are they really that desperate to want her character-assassinated? Are people this insecure?
>>
>>63861077
She wants Kylo Ren. They've been in each other's heads.
>>
>>63861113

>Kylo will never get his shit slapped by Vader.
>>
>>63861164

She's got a powerful connection to the Force, has major hangups about her family (and abandoment thereof) and is thoroughly untrained. At the very least, she's going to be sorely tempted by the Dark Side as she gets more powerful.
>>
>>63861108

he was shot in the stomach so couldn't fight at his full ability

although "Why t he hell doesn't he just grab him with the force" applies to everything any force wielder has done in all these movies, why duel when you can just insta-kill your enemy by using the force to move their heart one inch to the right?
>>
>>63861164
Who says she has to die? Maybe SHE gets redeemed too.

Or maybe she escapes at the end of Episode 9 and Daisey Ridley plays the Big Bad of the next trilogy. The point is they don't have to kill her at the end of the trilogy even if she turns evil.
>>
>>63856333

Fucking this. Vader was given a chance at redemption and took it. Ren did what he did simply as a means to move further from the Light. His instability is unsettling.
>>
>>63861164
I don't want her to die, but there are subtle hints in her character and Daisy Ridley's performance that point to Rey have more than a little bit of the dark side in her already, and I think that's going to grow. I actually like her character, and it will be compelling to see how she grows on her journey.
>>
>>63861157
This. Plus Finn didn't have a hope in hell of beating him and he would've known that. When he gets mad he likes to destroy shit with his lightsaber and this was no different
>>
>>63861238
>His instability is unsettling.

The creepiest part is that it's not like he's in denial or anything, he KNOWS that deep down he wants to give this up and go back home, but he's so thoroughly brainwashed by Snoak, the Dark Side, whatever, that he acknowledges that feeling and works against it regardless. His whole moral compass is so fucking inverted it's insane.
>>
>>63855260
>quite and menacing
Yeah that sounds really "cool" you neckbeard faggot
>>
>>63861285
It's going to sound edgy as fuck, but I can relate to that aspect of his character so much. I don't know why, but I just find his single minded conviction to be this thing that he knows he isn't but feels he must continue being for some potentially as yet unknown reason to be very sympathetic and easy to connect with. I love the depth of his character, it is incredibly fascinating to me.
>>
>>63861285
>>63861348

Hearing him verbally acknowledge his desire to return to the Light makes all this really clear, too.

I'm really interested to see how he ended up moving toward the Dark on the first place. How did he encounter Snoak? Was it just power that tempted him?

I feel like Snoak somehow recovered Vader's helmet and used it to guide Kylo to the Dark.
>>
>>63861551

I think Luke talked Han and Leia into handing him over at a really young age, and Ben/Kylo Ren was so desperate for a real family or father figure, when he found Darth Vader's helmet, that became his fixation.
>>
>>63861551
Yeah, I'm very curious to get the rest of his backstory. He does not have a tragic past or childhood like Anakin did as far as I can tell, and the way Leia says that Snoke seduced him to the dark side makes it sound like he was not always an enemy to them, at least not that they knew of, so he was able to be around Ben without suspicion being raised. The obsession with Vader certainly doesn't come from nothing, he must truly and genuinely believe in some aspect of the First Order's cause that he's willing to do this to himself to achieve it.
>>
>>63860881
>didn't rekt anyone
>decapitates jango fett
>crushes general grievous's lungs with the force
>defeats sheev 1v1, only losing when anakin intervened

Dindu did everythin
>>
>>63856718
"Your Schwartz is as big as mine!"
>>
>>63861164

I like her and I want her to get interesting character development rather than be stuck with the typical hero's story we've all seen a thousand times before
>>
if this faggot is the best character in the movie then you guys have very low standards.
>>
>>63861740

Let's for the sake of argument say that Snoke is Plagueis.

If he showed up and basically said he created Anakin through the force and hid him from Sheev before Sheev crippled him and explained that the Skywalker line is the most powerful with the force of all time and it's Kylo's destiny to be an unparalleled master of the force... then it would resonate with a young edgelord and give him extra incentive to try to be stronger and stronger and that leads to the dark side.

Not to mention that Plagueis in this situation would definitely qualify as being a master to Kylo since he generated his entire family.

He doesn't even have to be a cackling malevolent weirdo like Sheev was.
He can basically just walk up to Kylo and say "I created you to be the most powerful user of the force of all time, why the hell are you hanging around these chumps?"
>>
>>63862009
>talking shit about a movie you haven't seen

classic /tv/
>>
>>63861348

desu I do the exact same thing he does, just choose to get angry over every little problem and pretend I don't need anyone else because I'm supposedly so tough

well written and deep character bravo JJ
>>
>>63861197
>At the very least, she's going to be sorely tempted by the Dark Side as she gets more powerful.
That's almost standard procedure by now that it is not even worth bringing up. The whole "join me, don't fight me" argument is in both the Original and the Prequel. I am not sure that is really something that is specific to Rey. Anyone can join the dark side, the question is if they want to. Ben Solo really, really want to.
>>
>>63862064
just saw it.
I Like how poe disappears in the desert and somehow ends up back with the rebellion and then just pops up completely normal.
>>
>>63861857
Jango was fodder, and Sheev held back.

Seriously, Jango only died to make Windu look good. He didn't even go down fighting, he died so easily.
>>
>>63862047
I really don't like the Plagueis theory, but that does honestly work. I don't know though, I really doubt that he somehow survived Sheev's betrayal. No amount of dark side magic meant to keep you alive can do that if you're already too dead to use it.
>>
>>63862232
>sheev held back

He wouldn't have fucked up his own body to do so. Spin2Win lost. Deal with it.
>>
>>63862064
i also like how everything just sorta finds it way.
Like han solo happens to just randomly find them
like the rebellion happened to just need info from some guy who just happens to be on the same planet as a jedi and The millenium falcon.
not only just on the same planet. like its like your at a pitsop in the arizona desert and then just happen to find that one car that one famous guy drove.
i like how some girl just walks down some stairs and finds a lightsaber.
i like how the first order just goes around messaging strangers about a super important droid, like shouldnt that be classified at least?
i like how finn just happens to wander into the one place where the guy whos droid hes looking for happens to be
i like how starkiller base splits so rey can be on the same side as finn, and not kylo cursing then going back to slaughter the nig
i like how some random yoda stand in wise female exist but she uses le eyes instead of the force.
i like how their battle station bigger than the death star gets destroyed with the exact same trench sequence. wont they remember that theyre stupid death ships have one single whole planet destroying weak point?
i like how rey knows what a jedi mind trick is and how to do it by just being alive.
i like how somehow theyre still called the resistance, even though they won
i like how the empire which is an all cis white male organization follows some faggoty alien lord called snoke.
>>
>>63862411
Melenium falcon had a tracking device that alerted han when it was powered on.
>>
Kylo ren was awesome. The concept of the First Order is as appropriate a modern update as the cgi effects; these guys are completely fanatical, hardcore dark-side fundamentalists crusading against basically all civilization with maximum ferocity. After toppling the imperial dictators, an even more insane group of terrorists popped up.

And Kylo Ren is the kind of home-grown psychopathic terrorist that we're familiar with these days, having failed to achieve the greatness he feels entitled to, his ego drove him down a violent path and twisted ideology, all in the name of power and infamy.

I love these villains because theyre just so overwhelmingly committed to their twisted worldview. They are way too far gone, i think its timely and scary.
>>
File: 1400176090574.png (113 KB, 241x255) Image search: [Google]
1400176090574.png
113 KB, 241x255
>>63861348
>>63861551
>Knows that Snope is just using him
>Knows that Snope brainwashed him
>Knows that he's an expendable tool
>Knows that his parents still love him
>Knows that he can go back home and live a nice life without all that guilt
>Knows that deep down he doesn't like the Dark Side
>Probably knows that Vader was redeemed anyways

>Yet he still wants to be as edgy as possible
>Kills his dad to convince himself he's edgy

Can someone explain this character to me? I'm genuinely puzzled. This isn't how psychology works, is it?
>>
>>63862324
>>63862324
You can tell throughout the entire dialogue after anakin show sup that sheev was fucking with everybody. He held back, sorry faggot.
>>
>>63862411
falcon had a tracker
they would have taken any info from anyone about their enemy like every military effort in history
the force called her to it from the voices she was hearing
offering a bounty for it is a good way to have it found and who cares if they use the map themselves they will just follow them to luke
that trading post was the nearest civilization so of course they'd both end up there
dont be racist please
dont be sexist please
they have to put the exhaust port somewhere
she clearly heard about it before
the resistance are separate from the republic
sorry but the empire are not racist you'll have to look for friends elsewhere
>>
>>63862248

The only movie info we have on Sheev's betrayal was his story to Anakin which could outright be lies.

It's entirely possible that Plageuis escaped in any number of ways and simply hid away until he gets strong again.

We don't have any solid information about that and it is in Sheev's interest to lie about it.
>>
>>63862560

His moral compass is completely fucking inverted. Most normal people will think "I'm not happy doing this, I know what I'm doing is wrong and hurting other people" and then conclude "I need to stop doing this."

Kylo Ren KNOWS all of that, acknowledges that he is feeling those feelings, AND STILL GOES THROUGH WITH IT. It's not even that he's emotionless or sociopathic. He's feeling actual conflict and pain over having to kill his dad and just treats it as another obstacle in his training to overcome.
>>
>the helmet is heavy as fuck by the sound it makes when it lands
>Kylo Ren been doing DBZ style weight training the entire time and that's what saved him from a blaster bolt
>Episode 8
>Kylo Ren gotta go fast on everyone
>>
>>63862663

>Empire
>not racist

>Imperial guard in ANH looks at Chewie and goes "Where are you taking this...thing?"

>George Lucas even compares them to space Nazis
>>
>>63855764
Have you tried to live up to the legacy of a family member?

Its a fucking bitch/
>>
>>63862560

he doesnt know that for a fact, and even if he did he has enough power lust that he might think he can simply overthrow snape and take his place before he gets fucked over

plus he cant exactly go back to his parents and live a happy life after blowing up entire planets, homie is going to prison forever at best

and yes, that is how psychology works, a common thing with violent criminals is to keep doing worse and worse things to prove to yourself how hardcore you are, since admitting you feel guilty for previous sins is too emotionally painful than keeping up the hardman act
>>
>>63862725

They're pretty fucking racist against non-humans in most of the EU stuff too.
>>
>>63862411
i like how rey happens to be in the one place on a giant fucking planet that han and finn land on.
i like how the piece of shit who cheats rey everyday has the ship that destroyed the 2nd death star.
i like how people can sit on a planet that is eat a sun without all getting all kinds of uv cancer radiation
i like how general leia and han awkardly look at each other and spit episode 2 tier dialogue
i like how some random first time trooper somehow knows how to destroy the starkiller base. i mean why didnt they kidnap storm troopers and torture the info out of them
i like how Kylo keeps poe alive but literally murders the source of the information.
i like how they didnt just close the bridge on the tie fighter about to escape
i like how poe teleports back to the rebel base and says lol fuck bb8
i like how they tried to redo the cantina scene but stopped halfway cause that shit was kinda corny
overall 7/10
because its star wars and i like star wars. i liked all the prequels too. then again im 22 and dont pretend to be obsessed over a movie i wasnt alive for.
all the 30 year olds. youll hate the prequels but love this literally cookie cutter star wars movie?
>>
>>63862725

they had just not seen a wookie before
>>
>>63855103
This. Saved me some typing.
>>
>>63862725
Not everyone in the Star Wars galaxy knows or recognizes every single race or species. Billions didn't know Jedi were real when there were thousands of them during the Old Republic. Just because some Stormtrooper doesn't seem to know what a Wookiee is doesn't necessarily make that comment racist. He's probably from some backwater shithole and has never seen one. Hell, the Death Star might be his first time even in space.
>>
>>63862757
>homie is going to prison forever at best
Your mother is the former princess of the Republic and the fucking General of the Resistance (the Republic's unofficial army).

He ain't going nowhere near jail, bro.
>>
>>63855888
I think that fact that he's immature and doesn't really understand Vader but wants to be him is cool, plus Chewie fucked him up so he couldn't fight the best
>>
>>63862663
why are the resistance and republic seperate?
you think the republic would say "hey these empire guys are literally back, going around planets killing people and using child soldiers. we might want to do more about them before. you know they blow up some planets again
>>
>>63862560

The "finish what you started" line almost makes it sound like kylo feels that the universe belongs in a dark-side state, such that anyone trying to balance the light side is a blasphemer and infidel. When you frame it in a religious fundamentalist mindset, Kylo leaving his comfy life to go fight for space-ISIS makes perfect sense.

its also possible that perhaps vader, and by extension luke and kylo, were all able to tap into the dark side to view future events that must occur;events possible only through the dark side. This is the kind of revelation that would explain certain elements of vaders character, as well as luke's self-exile and kylo's conversion. Maybe they all realized that some dark-side shit would have to go down, for the greater good of the universe.
>>
>>63862769

the first order were on that planet looking for the old man with the map, who desu is obviously on that planet because luke left rey there too and wants her to find him one day
probably only so many criminal run spaceports now that the republic has been reinstated
they were all indoors and wearing battle armor or only outside for a few minutes and the sun was being sucked on from the other side
they had not seen each other for ages and it was awkward on purpose since they were on bad terms and lost their son
Finn specifically admits he doesnt know how to blow up the base and lied so he could save Rey
Kylo seemed to have history with the guy so specifically wanted him to die and can read minds so wasn't worried about not getting the intel from Poe
they didnt want to overdo the nostalgia bait due to it being a good movie that knows when too much is too much
>i liked all the prequels too
*starts to vomit blood*
>>
>>63854985
He should have stayed with Girls.

Hugo Weaving would have been better.
>>
File: Malcolm_Tierney.jpg (44 KB, 853x364) Image search: [Google]
Malcolm_Tierney.jpg
44 KB, 853x364
>>63862814

>some Stormtrooper
>Wookiees constantly recognized as one of the great warrior civilizations in the galaxy

Nah. Try a full officer. If Imperial training doesn't include basic species recognition, it's not worth fuck all.
>>
File: cool beans bro.gif (643 KB, 245x273) Image search: [Google]
cool beans bro.gif
643 KB, 245x273
>>63861348
>>63861551

Get a load of these sad ass little neckbeard fuckers relating to bitchlo ren who got his ass whooped by a woman and killed his own father cause hes a cry baby.

>hurr durr he was wounded already

Doesn't fucking matter cause most of you neckbeard fucks on this website talk like you can overpower any woman just by blowing at them cause you think you are some sort of dominant force to be reckoned with because of the color of your skin and think women only belong in the kitchen or sucking your baby dicks.
It just makes him and yourselves more pathetic and it doesn't make him a menacing villain you autistic fags.

You like him cause hes a little bitch just like you.

School shooter types am i right?!

I cant wait to see this move and laugh at how pathetic ren is
>>
>>63862915

because the resistance weren't an elected group and they believe in democracy, they know about fighting a war not running a galaxy
>>
>>63862926
>Kylo leaving his comfy life to go fight for space-ISIS makes perfect sense.
Holy fuck. It all makes sense now.
>>
>>63862915

Keep in mind, most of the galaxy probably didn't give a shit about the rebellion and didn't know anything about the Empire other than who shows up to collect taxes every so often. After defeating the Death Star and breaking the Empire, the reformed Republic was probably constructed democratically and will include a range of opinions including some "hey you know those guys behind the Empire had some pretty good ideas..." ones that won't support active campaigns against the remaining remnants.
>>
>>63863010

Sheevhadi Ren.
>>
>>63855895
Nah killing Han basically completed his transition into the dark side, but I would say he's still inexperienced as a Sith
>>
>>63863068
We are not sure Snork is a sith tho.
>>
>>63863068

It showed his commitment to becoming a Sith. He's still got a long ways to go.
>>
>>63856424
>He's a caster, not a hack and slash fuccboi like Maul and Vader

Those slash fuckbois actually got the job done tho.

Ren failed at his first real fight.

Anakin took out many strong opponets before and after he became vader.

Maul killed quigon and even fought sidious with his brother and was one of sheevs best apprentices.
>>
>>63863115

Snoke is a front for the true Sith Lord. Gendo.
>>
>>63863051
why didnt you guys make all these excuses for the prequels?
>>
How did you like the lightsabers in it, /tv/?

They did have more presence than in prequels for sure.
>>
>>63862926
Well, Kylo Ren is literally Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus 2.0, and his entire reasoning for becoming a Sith was exactly what you just said. He kept having visions and believed that the only way to preserve the balance in the force and protect the galaxy was to do evil shit so that it would force everyone to unite together against him and to protect his daughter long enough for her to become the next galactic leader who would usher in true peace.
>>
>Rey gets captured
>Kai Loren in the room with her
>"you don't have to tell me what happened, but you do have to eat these."

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63863010

I think the writers very consciously alluded to modern terrorism in the script, with things like the air strike, switching allegiances and infiltrators lurking about, the fundamentalist nature of the first order, and basically kylo ren as a character.

I mean, a lot of those mass shooters and home grown terrorists were young egotistical dudes who got frustrated that they didnt fully succeed at becoming a DJ or boxer or whatever, so they channeled their talents and rage into terrorist ideology (partly, i believe, to "get back at" the society that, in their minds, failed to recognize and reward their greatness).
>>
I felt the pacing was too fast and there was not enough dialogue.
I can't really describes Finn or Rey's personality.
>>
Is "completing his training" just Snoke making him take a fat bong rip?
>>
>>63863115
>>63863167
The fuck was his name again? I legitimately can't remember and I just watched this movie like 5 hours ago.

>>63863168
"The Empire are the good guys" has been around for years though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.