[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Get in there you big, furry oaf!" >"E
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: C3P0.png (178 KB, 504x237) Image search: [Google]
C3P0.png
178 KB, 504x237
>"Get in there you big, furry oaf!"
>"Either I'm gonna kill her or I'm beginning to like her!"
>"What an incredible smell you've discovered!"
>"It could be worse! ...it's worse."
>"Oh, listen to them, they're dying R2!"

All this in five minutes, in the trash compactor scene in ANH. Let us not forget Star Wars has always been full of quips and one-liners. I thought the comedy felt weird at times or was a Marvel/Disney product too, but I went back and re-watched this scene and it had even more one-liners than I remembered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U3Oti2L8S4
>>
Oh, and how about this?

So Poe Dameron breaks the tone in the scene when he quips to Kylo Ren in the beginning, but what about this little exchange?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHfLyMAHrQE#t=6m42s

6 minutes 42 seconds if it's not automatic
>>
>>63853811
Now think of one line as memorable or as quotable as any of those. That's the problem, our worst fears have been realized; TFA is not good, it's not bad, but it's forgettable.
>>
>>63854203

Honestly, I think I would have preferred TFA to be comically bad instead of just...there.
>>
>>63854203
>name a line from a movie you've only saw once or twice that you remember as well as lines from a movie you've seen hundreds of times!
>YOU CAN'T!
>THIS MEANS TFA IS FORGETABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*
>>
>>63854375
I've seen ANH maybe three times in my life. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the majority of the dialogue in TFA was kinda stale, and that none of it will stick out like ANH's did.
>>
>>63854203
I only remember these lines because I've seen ANH a dozen times

In fact, I forgot all of the lines I quoted except for the one C-3PO says. I remembered the others specifically because I watched the clip to make sure I quoted 3PO correctly and realized there were even more one-liners.
>>
>>63854203
You don't remember BB-8's thumbs up or "That's not how the force works!"?
>>
>>63854203
"We can use the force"
"That's not how the force works kid"

There you go
>>
>>63854615
>I've seen ANH maybe three times in my life.
Yeah, and it's such an obscure movie that isn't part of the cultural consciousness of pretty much the entire world.
>>
>>63854203
"TRAITOR"
>>
Before Luke contacts C3P0 there are no one liners or jokes except sarcasm from Han which suits him. Then after they disable the thing and the danger is over it's just hilarious the exchange with 3P0 and obviously fits, there are no quips or gags going on every scene or that distract from the tension in the style of Whedon movies. I'm not saying TFA has those tho thank god, imagine Poe or Finn cracking jokes while on Starkiller base.
It did lack more memorable stuff tho, like Rey's introductory scenes.
>>
File: 1308907583968935201.jpg (39 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1308907583968935201.jpg
39 KB, 636x358
>General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.
-A New Hope, 1977

>Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.
-The Empire Strikes Back, 1980

>Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will...
-Return of the Jedi, 1983

>His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life-form. It was possible he was concieved by the midi-chlorians.
-The Phantom Menace, 1999

>I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.
-Attack of the Clones, 2002

>You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness.
-Revenge of the Sith, 2005

>The garbage will do.
-The Force Awakens, 2015
>>
>>63855330
why is Lucas such a hack?
>>
>>63854203
>*smacks lips*
>>
>>63855391
everyone around him was on cocaine in the 70s and 80s, then everyone was sucking his cock in the 90s and 10s.
>>
The humour/one liners in Star Wars has always been pretty hit and miss. I doubt you laughed at every line uttered by C3PO in ANH either.
>>
>>63854916
This!
>>
>>63856277
That's the point
>>
>>63855330
Cherry pick much?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.