[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>escapes because he doesnt want to kill people >slaughters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: 74875.jpg (106 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
74875.jpg
106 KB, 620x374
>escapes because he doesnt want to kill people
>slaughters his comrades mercilessly despite them all having the same background as him

Is there a more hypocritcal character?
>>
It's okay because he's black killing the white stormtroopers
>>
Doesn't want to kill for the First Order

Were you watching in Clapistan where you couldn't hear the dialogue?
>>
>>63853361
DROID PLEEEEEZ! WHO CAP'N NOW HUH?
>>
>"I don't want to kill random civilians who weren't even fighting back"
>hurr durr but he fites in self defense wott a hippo crate
>>
>>63853875
But everyone in the First Order were raised from birth. They're indoctrinated. Slaughtering them is bullshit because he himself should know they're trapped
>>
>>63853951
They were trying to kill him, so what the fuck else is he supposed to do? It's regrettable but this is basic self defense.
>>
T R A I T O R
R A I T O R T
A I T O R T R
I T O R T R A
T O R T R A I
O R T R A I T
R T R A I T O
>>
>>63853951
>But everyone in the First Order were raised from birth. They're indoctrinated.
I want to know why he betrayed the only people he knew just because he didn't want to kill innocents while his buddies killed them even though they are essentially the same person
>>
Self-defense is a biological imperative.
>>
>>63854296
>>63854385
If Finn had wanted to kill his former comrades he would have been the one trying to find and help the resistance.

Finn just wanted out at first. But he got tangled up in resistance business.

As for "friends," Poe and Rey are the first friends he's ever had. Even if he hasn't known them that long, they've already won his loyalty.
>>
>>63854533
>If Finn had wanted to kill his former comrades he would have been the one trying to find and help the resistance.
This.

You can tell Finn doesn't care for either side and just wants to fuck off. Even now I'm not sure if he cares for the resistance and just wants some Rey pussy.
>>
>>63853361
Lets just extrapolate the scinareo a little bit to involve one of the series' more obvious paralells and see if its still bad:

>Nazi soldier escapes because he doesnt want to kill people
>slaughters his Nazi comradea mercilessly despite them all having the same background as him

Its not hypocritical at all, every person in that army has the free will to not murder innocents even with any brainwashing or subversiveness.
>>
>>63854819
Damn you're stupid.
>>
>>63854898
Just saying that doesnt make me wrong.
>>
File: 1450574816194.jpg (128 KB, 1158x690) Image search: [Google]
1450574816194.jpg
128 KB, 1158x690
>>63853361
Now you understand why TR-8R is the real hero of the film
>>
>raised by evil people and forced to work for them (like a slave)
>leave the group of people you grew up around to join the good guys
>fail in a lightsaber fight and get a big scar on your back (like a slave that got whipped)
>your friend joins you in the fight and keeps you from being killed

Is Finn the new Anakin? Will he be the equivalent of Anakin for the Resistance?
>>
reminds me of black ops 3
>work for a PMC loved by everyone and you think is going to solve all the worlds problems
>discover secret intel your boss is evil
>welp time to slaughter my old comrades by the thousands who still think they are good guys and I'm a terrorist
>>
>>63855147
Best character in the whoile galaxy.
>>
>>63854385
I want to know how a literal cult soldier makes it to adulthood before his superiors realise he has a problem with kill orders.
>>
>>63853361
>slaughters his comrades mercilessly despite them all having the same background as him

except he doesnt want to fight them, he only ever does when its to defend himself when they blow up that bar and when he tries to save Rey
>>
>>63853361
where are all these movie screen shots from? is there a reliable stream yet? im not giving jew jew any of my money
>>
>>63855275
He says in the movie that it was his first battle. He was a janitor before that.
>>
>>63855440
Why is a janitor a Stormtrooper? These two occupations do not overlap.
>>
>>63855703
He was a Stormtrooper that served as a Janitor while not attending other matters. This isn't a difficult idea to grasp.
>>
>>63855703

like asking why everyone in the US Army hasn't killed dozens of terrorists and would clean a toilet
>>
>>63855768
>>63855798

So a psychotic system-killing Cult at no point during their soldier's 15+ years of training acertain whether their infantryman can perform one of their primary functions?.

Is this correct?
>>
>>63856014
lel star wars is so shit
>>
>>63856014
Phasma briefly mutters that they have periodic assessments to monitor their Stormtroopers' conformity levels. Those that failed would have to be mediated or something, and Finn never failed.

Of course we don't know what these tests consist of. I doubt there was any killing involved.
>>
>>63856216
Finn probably passed every test because he was spineless and was too afraid to even think about betraying the First Order.

He's a gormless goose for the first third of the movie.
>>
>>63855250
you mean Advanced Warfare
BO3's campaign was just a Lynchian mindfuck
>>
>>63855798
The question is why does he ever STOP being a janitor?? Are they so desperate for manpower they're drafting the cleaning crew? And if he was a janitor, why did he get the same indoctrination as the infantry?
>>
File: TRAITOR.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>ctrl+f
>TRAITOR
>no results found

This thread must have been made by Captain Phasma, because it belongs in the fucking trash.
>>
>>63853361
+BIGASSMOTHERFUCKERSNOKE> they could have escaped just the same as him
[00:10:04] <+BIGASSMOTHERFUCKERSNOKE> shit they could all turn on their commanders if they wanted
[00:10:09] <+BIGASSMOTHERFUCKERSNOKE> they're fucking hivemind sheep
>>
>>63856216
It just seems like a massive oversight, the Mongols would have every soldier of a warband efficiently execute entire towns to keep the rest in line, and they were just people, not adherants to an actually evil Dark Side organisation.
>>
>>63856366
You are so fucking retarded.
>>
>>63854627

Yep, he fucking begged to go to the outer rim and completely fuck off from the war.

Then he got tangled in the Resistance. Jesus Christ /tv/ get some comprehension training or something.
>>
File: 1429380426074.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1429380426074.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>>63855147
>TR-8R
>>
>>63855147
>TR-8R
Oh, I just got this
>>
>>63853361
Except he never says he doesn't want to kill anymore. He says I don't want to fight FOR THEM anymore. You could extrapolate on what he meant by this but for me it's because of personal cowardice. Sure, he feels bad killing those people. He was obviously shaken about it. But it's the idea that he's going to die that breaks him.

Even when he's signing up for the trip to the rim he brings the gun. He knows what he's getting into.
>>
HAN SOLO IS KILLED BY HIS SON KYLO REN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>63853361
>I don't understand the difference between killing unarmed civilians and killing armed soldiers
>>
>>63853361
He didn't want to kill innocent people. Shooting unarmed non-combatants who were just living their lives and have nothing to do with whatever you're doing is different from killing soldiers who are actively trying to kill you.
>>
File: truth bomb.png (13 KB, 588x149) Image search: [Google]
truth bomb.png
13 KB, 588x149
>>63853361
>>
>>63853361
the storm trooper with the weapon that can block lighsabers is called a riot gear stormtrooper. clearly JJ is trying to tap into the tension of police brutality against blacks.
>>
The real question is why was he sent down to the Jakku village if he's supposedly in "sanitation." Were they that desperate for yet ANOTHER "funny" line that they just ignored that whole thing?
>>
>>63856867
>posting old news
>>
File: traitor.jpg (68 KB, 1037x523) Image search: [Google]
traitor.jpg
68 KB, 1037x523
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
File: TRAITOR.webm (2 MB, 722x300) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.webm
2 MB, 722x300
>>63857180
Neither of them. They're both right to be doing what they are. It's called moral complexity, anon.
>>
>>63853361
TRAITORRRRR
>>
>>63854385
>I want to know why he betrayed the only people he knew just because he didn't want to kill innocents while his buddies killed them even though they are essentially the same person

In "Before The Awakening", they address it a little that Phasma noticed he had "a dangerous level of empathy" compared to the others. Typically troopers that misbehave are sent back to be reconditioned and literally reprogrammed out of that behavior, but he wasn't obvious enough about it for it to be considered a real problem. In the movie they said him defecting was his first real fuck up.

>>63855275
It was his first actual combat assignment. He worked in sanitation prior to the movie.
>>
>>63857274
Stormtroopers gotta start somewhere. What better first mission than a poorly armed peasant village?
>>
>>63855147
I loved this film and I love the memes its spawning. Getting the best of both worlds.
>>
>>63857239
>fighting for an army that executes civilians
>moral complexity

/pol/ browser by any chance?
>>
>>63857501
THIS POST IS WORTH..... ONE QUARTER PORTION.
>>
>>63853361
Yeah he was a bit of a coward, did you watch the movie? Specifically the part where he tried to up and run, ditching Rey and Han and company?
>>
>>63857274
>EU Shit
God dammit I thought Disney axed that shit.
>>
>>63857604
Did straw wars ripped off turbokid?
>>
>>63856657
>he hasn't seen this in the 50 other topics.

well, i guess it's funny when you haven't seen it yet. carry on, sir.
>>
>>63857601
That's what cops do everyday. Is it always right? Are the civilians always armed? Moral complexity.

Law is what turns subjective morals into objective morals, making even killing legal and moral in some instances.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.