[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The new young Han Solo Star Wars anthology movie, set to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14
>The new young Han Solo Star Wars anthology movie, set to open in theaters on May 25, 2018, will be helmed by LEGO Movie directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord. The studio has apparently met with more than 2,500 Han Solo hopefuls for the role.

>During the press event with the cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in London, Harrison Ford was asked about the young Han Solo movie that's currently being written by the father-and-son duo of Lawrence and Jon Kasdan. Here's what Ford told Patrick Dane:

>“As far as the movie featuring a young Han Solo. I…(laughs) I don’t know what to think about that. I’m glad that somebody else is is going to have the burden of being young. It’s well beyond my understanding or control and I personally want nothing to do with it, in the nicest possible way. I know it will be well done and well guided. And, um, it’s nothing to do with me.”
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 289x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 289x411
>>
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>63852288
but ford is han solo and no one else
#boycott
>>
I believe in Lord and Miller
>>
So is the new movie trend going to be Star Wars spinoffs?
>>
They denied Shia Indiana Jones so he should get to be Han Solo or Blade Runner.
>>
>>63852288
Is Meme Pratt going to play as young Han?
>>
File: young Han Solo.png (365 KB, 546x671) Image search: [Google]
young Han Solo.png
365 KB, 546x671
They need to get this guy, crazy as fuck likeness
>>
Does anyone actually want to see a movie about Han Solo that isn't Harrison ford?

I'm asking seriously. Which actor would bring you to want to see a movie about an iconic character when you know 100% that it's just going to be another attempt to turn nostalgia into movies by ruining characters.
>>
>>63852702
No, but no one wanted the prequels either
>>
File: homer.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
>>63852702
I haven't seen any reactions to this movie that isn't either "oh...okay" "I rather them not"

no one wants this movie. just make an obi-wan movie with ewan mcgregor that takes place in-between ep. III and IV
>>
it's disney so I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Jonah Hill or Jesse Eisenberg to play young Han
>>
>>63852702
I'm not too sure about that.

Remember that perfect happy ending in RoTJ? TFA shat all over it and people are lapping it up.
>>
Why does Harrison Ford hate Star Wars so much? Is it because of the nerd culture?
>>
>>63852702
Literally no one wants the shitty spin offs that they are doing
>>
>>63852898
he doesn't like the attention that comes with acting and his han solo role still brings in the most attention since star wars has the biggest fanbase
>>
>>63852898
Yes, sort of. Ford thought that the series was going to flop day one and has hated it ever since. He's only been doing it this long for the money.
>>
>>63852840
>Remember that perfect happy ending in RoTJ? TFA shat all over it and people are lapping it up.

The Empire Strikes Back did the same fucking thing to the ending of A New Hope
>>
>>63852825
if they want this young han solo to work, it HAS to be either a no-name or an indie name, but nothing more
>>
>>63852898
>hate
>literally says he just doesn't care
>>
>>63852840
>Remember that perfect happy ending in RoTJ? TFA shat all over it and people are lapping it up.
so you just want the fucking star wars series to end after ROTJ
there has to be more conflict if there's going to be more movies
>>
File: 1443918667375.jpg (37 KB, 500x592) Image search: [Google]
1443918667375.jpg
37 KB, 500x592
>>63853007
>Literally no one wants the shitty spin offs that they are doing

YEA, BRAH, THE FORCE AWAKENS BOMBING AT THE BOX OFFICE RIGHT NOW TOTALLY BACKS UP YOUR LOGIC.
>>
>>63852898

Imagine that you are a musician, and one of the first accomplishments you ever did as a musician was a jingle for a cereal commercial. Everyone has heard the jingle, most people love it, and when anyone sees you they recognize you as that guy who made a famous jingle to that one cereal.

Imagine decades later. You have won awards for your musical performances, your albums, and have gone on to make more serious music in all kinds of mediums like film and theater. But throughout all those decades, interviewers and fans still only want to talk about that fucking jingle that you made way back when. To you, that jingle wasn't a big deal, but for some reason everyone loves it and won't stop talking about it when they see you. You then realize that even after all the accomplishments and all the hard work you put into your profession, the majority of people in the world who know you are going to define you by that one fucking jingle.

That's how Harrison Ford feels about being han solo.
>>
File: boba.jpg (36 KB, 798x334) Image search: [Google]
boba.jpg
36 KB, 798x334
Still making a Boba Fett movie aren't they?
>>
>>63852619
Yes, please let be him
>>
File: 1431917396196.jpg (297 KB, 1479x1100) Image search: [Google]
1431917396196.jpg
297 KB, 1479x1100
>>63852504

>Disney gets MemeLord to play "young" Han Solo despite the fact that he's nearly 40
>>
>>63853047
Except they made it clear that Vader was still alive. ROTJ's ending was supposed to be it and there's a reason George kept it that way for so long, going as far as making some shitty contrived prequels for money instead of actual sequels.

>>63853096
Yeah, of course. Fanboy logic. Just give me more, I don't care what happened in the last movie, just keep 'em coming. Pull new bad guys out your ass, JJ. A never ending story, just like my books with pictures and words in the same page. I'm a milk cow, you can do this to me. Right?
>>
>>63853146
>YEA, BRAH, THE FORCE AWAKENS BOMBING AT THE BOX OFFICE RIGHT NOW TOTALLY BACKS UP YOUR LOGIC.

The Force Awakens isnt a spinoff, its a sequel.
>>
>>63853160
Set for 2020 as of right now. We're going to get a spin-off every other year so obviously we'd get a Boba one eventually. It won't be too long before they're scraping the bottom of the barrel and we get a Kit Fisto movie.
>>
>>63852695
holy shit he does look like young Ford
>>
>>63853150
it's kinda sad that he feels that way because he was great as Han Solo (and of course in his other roles)
>>
>>63853314

I thought it was a reboot.
>>
File: cover.jpg (550 KB, 1280x1066) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
550 KB, 1280x1066
>>63852288
>no obi-wan anthology movie

I don't want a shitty x-wing movie I want ewan
>>
>>63853857

I don't get why they haven't greenlit this shit already, it's a no-brainer. I'd sure as hell rather watch a movie about Obi-Wan than stealing the plans of the Death Star or a Boba "most overrated character ever" Fett film.
>>
>>63852288
does he want to die?
>>
>>63852800
>just make an obi-wan movie with ewan mcgregor that takes place in-between ep. III and IV

I would watch the shit out of this. Basically have him start the Rebellion then fuck off about 10 years into it.
>>
we need an ewan mcgregor movie between 3-4 ill be so fucking happy he was one of the few things good to come out of the prequels, I still like the prequels but regardless he does Obi-wan to the fucking tee
>>
>>63852695
https://youtu.be/bba_wPdLxp4

what the fuuuck
>>
>>63853534
which is what people say to him when they meet him and it makes me even more apathetic
>>
File: CGDUYuQUgAAG-dw.jpg (36 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
CGDUYuQUgAAG-dw.jpg
36 KB, 600x662
>>63852386
>They were going to actually do it in Revenge of the Sith
>>
Why arent making original stuff about Star Wars, why the fuck would they recast Ford as if his character is some James Bond crap?
I'm fine with Rogue One but this is just pointless.
>>
Idris Elba
>>
>>63853150
Not really, he is also known for Indiana Jones too. Blade runner is also a fairly popular movie now than it was before.
>>
I would much rather them focus on smaller characters in the movie series for spinoffs. I thought Del Tero's idea for a Jabba the Hutt spinoff was a good idea. Fuck doing Han Solo, that would just be pointless fan service. Give us something about a character who doesn't always get the spotlight. The universe and lore in Star Wars is way too huge to only be focusing on a few characters.

But let's face it, the only reason these 'spin offs' are happening is so that Disney can milk the franchise to death. Although this has already been done with merchandising, the mainline series of movies managed to avoid being milked to death by only having six released over a span of 30 years. 5 years from now, diminishing returns will settle in and a Star Wars movie release wont be a special occasion.
>>
File: Rollo_Lawson.png (233 KB, 542x460) Image search: [Google]
Rollo_Lawson.png
233 KB, 542x460
>>63853096
>implying we want more movies
>>
>>63853857
Already done family, it's called the prequel trilogy.
>>
>>63852695
But can he act?
>>
>>63853857
>>63853896
>>63853980
It's definitely going to happen eventually. However I'm sure they know it'll be one of the more popular spinoffs so of course they'll want to save it. Ewan being older might actually help it, too.
>>
The anthology series is going to ruin SW for good.

Even if the new trilogy sucks, then it's a trilogy. Star Wars is about trilogies. Not stand-alone movies.
>>
>>63853943
It doesn't matter if he wants to. It's going to happen regardless.
>>
>>63854304
say it with me star wars cinematic universe. disney is going to milk this and marvel for the rest of your life.

they are going to rebuild theme parks to make room for all the star wars shit, it will never disappear
>>
>>63853007
Fucking this.

>watch no ones steal the Death Star plans we know they're going to get
>watch Han Solo do literally nothing of importance but they get to announce "HAN SOLO IS BACK"
>>
>>63852288
Calling it now. Han Solo will be a girl - they will do something how Han is just a legend and not an actual person.
>>
After listening to Harrison Ford on Nerdist, I have come to realise Harrison is just a big cunt.

Fuck him.
>>
>>63854469
The twist was obvious since Ford seems to be sick of it.
>>
File: o-PENMAR-570.jpg (101 KB, 570x364) Image search: [Google]
o-PENMAR-570.jpg
101 KB, 570x364
>>63854469
he is an old man he just wants to fly his airplane and relax

well attempt to fly
>>
>>63853007
Nah, I want to see them.
The background of Star Wars is the best part, and a movie dedicated to that has potential to be better than the new trilogy (not that that's saying much).
>>
File: 960 (1).jpg (34 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960 (1).jpg
34 KB, 960x540
>>63854469
Fooled you. Ha ha.
>>
>>63854288
He played a young Ford in age of Adeline already so honestly it'll probably be this guy
It's uncanny desu look at this
>>63854018
>>
File: who-gives-a-shit.gif (886 KB, 175x144) Image search: [Google]
who-gives-a-shit.gif
886 KB, 175x144
>>63854534
>You're going to have to pay for that Mr. Ford.
>>
I will admit, I was exicted for the idea of a spin off Star Wars movie being a heist film, but I imagined it being more about a group of anti-hero criminals, such as the bounty hunters in episode V, joining forces to pull off a heist on a Star Wars-esque bank or something. Making it about the Rebels stealing the death star plans, you know that they are going to try to connect these spin offs to the mainline set of movies as much as possible, instead of allowing for something more 'self-contained'.

The Star Wars universe is massive and rich with lore, but yet it seems like the only center of attention ever given focus in the universe will be whatever happens in the main set of movies, and all the spin offs will be built around that.
>>
>>63854680
That would have been better because you could reasonably suspend your disbelief and think they might fail.
>>
>>63853150
Mark Hamill is the complete opposite, just being recognized for any role makes him happy. That's part of why I like him so much, he is just a genuinely good guy.
>>
>>63854680
Well no shit family

These are the same people responsible for the MCU
>>
>>63854469
Fuck you. He doesnt owe anyone anythingmyou faggot. He's been put throigh themringer, have some respect you cunt.
>>
>>63854469
>tfw want to talk about my Blade Runner role, but everyone wants to talk about that flick Star Wars and Han Solo
Being Harrison Ford is suffering.
>>
File: CANT_WAKE_UP.png (1 MB, 835x815) Image search: [Google]
CANT_WAKE_UP.png
1 MB, 835x815
>>63852434
>>
>>63852898
It's crazy though, he stood out more than any other character in TFA, despite despising the role. He nailed it.
>>
>>63854719

starwars got lucky with Hamil

Fuck imagine if it had been Jake Lloyd instead
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI86p6YogIg
>>
>>63853150
Honestly, after the performance he gave in Force Awakens, I think Ford secretly loves being Han Solo. He could have phoned it in and taken his paycheck, but he gave that movie his all.
>>
>>63853146
Do you honestly believe that the spinoffs will do just as well as TFA?
>>
>>63853378
I think the spinoff movies are a great idea, actually. They get the chance to breathe and explore the universe. They aren't designed to make multiple sequels, so they can experiment more and risk failing without jeopardizing the future of the franchise.
>>
>>63855080
I think they'll do pretty well, m8

Fucking GOTG and Ant Man and all that other shit still draws the normies, no reason to assume the Star Wars equivalent won't do the same.
>>
>>63852288
>As far as the movie featuring a young Han Solo. I…(laughs) I don’t know what to think about that. I’m glad that somebody else is is going to have the burden of being young. It’s well beyond my understanding or control and I personally want nothing to do with it, in the nicest possible way. I know it will be well done and well guided. And, um, it’s nothing to do with me
Thats a long winded and polite way of saying i dont give a single shit
>>
>>63855011
I've got to think it's a fun role to play. Star Wars as a franchise is just non-stop fun. It may just not be something that he's particularly proud of.
>>
>>63855274
I'm really not sure if Ford is a very 'fun' guy though
>>
>>63853857
If they actually bring back Ewan McGregor I'll be legitimately ecstatic.
>>
>>63855388
I mean he isn't a monster. Everybody enjoys having fun now and then.
>>
>>63854534
HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD.
>>
>>63855388
he's pretty fun
>>
>>63853378

>We might actually get a Kit Fisto and Plokoon movie with "buddy cop" theme
>>
There needs to be a Mace Windu movie, while Jackson is still young enough to do it. And give me a damn Wedge Antilles movie. Don't call a movie Rouge One and not make it about Wedge.
>>
>>63854288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxTfzgIvSY
>>
They're just gonna milk the shit out of this IP aren't they?
>>
>>63852898
I think he sees acting just a job. A job you gotta do to fund your hobbies.
>>
>>63854365
I agree with you on Rogue One but Han undoubtedly has good stories over the course of his life. Just because it won't impact the macro environment of the galaxy, doesn't mean there can't be an interesting stand alone story to tell
>>
Imagine being Ford and being bugged by people about the Han shoots first shit.
>>
>>63855123
You can't "jeopardize the future" of star wars, buddy. It's cute that you think so but you just can't. Any big star wars thing will always make millions, period.
>>
>>63852288
>Chris Miller and Phil Lord
consider ticket already sold
>>
>>63854018
his delivery needs work but fucking cast him already
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.