[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT filmmaking by a committee instead of authenticity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: inauthentic.jpg (2 MB, 2098x1044) Image search: [Google]
inauthentic.jpg
2 MB, 2098x1044
ITT filmmaking by a committee instead of authenticity
>>
>>63851081
Correct.

That's how studios work nowadays.
>>
So were the OT.
The Prequels were the true one man vision.
>>
>>63851081
Why is the Artist there?
>>
GotG rules though.
>>
>>63851081
I love Guardians, fight me you contrarian faggots
>>
>>63851081
The first one, yes.
The second is a mix of committee and passion project.
And you should be hung for posting the third in the same pic with the other two.
>>
GotG: A lot of unique ideas run through a formula that allows general audiences to accept those ideas. A good movie that's ever so slightly different.

SW VII: A movie that is so respectful of the original, it dare not take risks, run through a corporate filter that further prevents any risks. Visually excellent and well-made but wholly unoriginal.

Artist: Ha?
>>
>>63851081
>the artist
is this the most forgettable winner in the last decade?
>>
>>63851144

>The Prequels were the true one man vision.

I actually believe that. this was what lucas envisioned for the franchise and somehow, I feel like the prequels are more SW-like than the OT. there is actually a feeling of an entire galaxy existing and not only a few planets

>all those jedi and sith
>actually huge cities and star systems
>shakespearean (if also very bland) dialogues

apart from jar jar and attack of the clones, I don't think the prequels were bad. in a way, I even prefer watching them to the OT
>>
>>63851214
>Disney
>star wars
>jewbrahms
>"passion"
>>
>>63851651
only because Crash is memorably bad
>>
GOTG was a big studio risk and was made with love. Its fanbase and what it spawned was awful, but the film on its own merits is solid.
>>
GOTG is Reddit: The Movie, but it's also an important example of a meme movie. For The Force Awakens to be anywhere near that Reddit It would either have to star Chris Pratt or some alternate meme figure.

The reason he was cast is because he embodies the "meme" attributes that necessary for the character of Memelord. I don't think the movie would have been like that if cast a non-meme actor. But they wouldn't have done that because this meme movie was always what Gunn intended to make. You can see the meme elements in his earlier work.

The meme director wanted to make a meme film so he cast a meme actor to play his meme protagonist. Take a single "meme" out of that sentence and the film would have been entirely different.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.