[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ash vs. Evil Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12
File: ash-vs-evil-dead-trailer.jpg (107 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
ash-vs-evil-dead-trailer.jpg
107 KB, 1200x600
Let's have a talk about something with quality and not Shit Wars.

Was the recent episode the fucking shit or what?
>Evil Ash
>Black copper dead
>The cabin
>Not much screentime for the sidekicks
>The scene with the attacking bear trap just felt like back then
>Campbell seemed to feel right at home in this ep.

Now that was FUN! What y'all thinkin'?
>>
File: 1450490167811.gif (97 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
1450490167811.gif
97 KB, 600x515
>>63850238

Not nearly as far as you, but I'm disappointed in the show tbqhwyf. The first episode was really good IMO, except the whole DUDE WEED LMAO SUMMON DEMONS LOL XDDD. But fine, i'll but it.

Like on the 3rd episode though they completely get a person killed and walk away from it smiling. No reference or reverence at all for what just happened. There just aren't any real stakes in the show. Shame.
>>
>>63850595

At the cabin the tape recorder was still playing (albeit painfully slow). I'd like to think that's the real reason the deadites came up again and not the weed shit. They just took this long to find Ash.
>>
Fun episode, first cliffhanger now?
>>
>>63851353
The tape recorder started playing because Ash started up the Diesel power generator that provides electricity to the cabin.
>>
Just saw it. Fun episode but I know next episode is gonna start with the no shit him he's the bad guy cliche
>>
>>63852414
100% and i will love it
>>
Great episode, Evil Ash was awesome.
I like how they are remaking some of the plot points of Army of Darkness in this series.
>>
>that whole silly fight scene
Fucking great. And the character everyone hated is finally gone.
>>
>>63853593
>she never got to scissor with Ruby
FUCK
>>
>>63850595
>DUDE WEED LMAO SUMMON DEMONS LOL XDDD
Why do autists get so triggered by cannabis?
>>
>Ash spends 15 minutes trying to open a rotted wooden door with a crowbar while black cop dies
>loses his hand so he just kicks it open
>>
why can't we have any thread that isn't star wars in this board anymore

>>63854247
>what is demon influence
>>
>>63854526
did the deadites influence Pablo and Mexican Girl not running to see what the commotion was when Ash fought Evil Ash 10 yards away for 3 solid minutes
>>
>>63853593
I'm you i know your weaknesses because they're mine. SOFT BALLS
>>
>>63850238
>The Ruby COCKBLOCK
>>
>>63854071

I wrote that original post and I'm sitting here sucking on my volcano. That's the point, weed's not gonna get you so high you think it's a good idea to read a book that you know can summon demons, even for pussy.
>>
>>63854820
Yeah, but by AOD it's already established that Ash lacks common sense and aside from his skills in killing Deadites, the guy's pretty much a complete fuck-up.
>>
I forgot about this

Keep the thread alive please, I'm starting it up
>>
>>63853593
I really wanted to see her tits...
>>
tfw black girl died, why, i think its just a dream, its too soon for her to die, that blonde tho
>>
>>63856227
she was really the only part of the show that sucked, I hope she stays gone.
>>
File: ashface.jpg (47 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ashface.jpg
47 KB, 800x800
>that bit where the Ashes attack eachothers' weak spots
>>
>>63856465
>I just remembered your trick knee!
>*smashes with crowbar*

Because a healthy knee would have totally resisted such an attack.
>>
Does anyone know if and when this will come out on dvd/blu-ray?
>>
File: ash coffee.jpg (33 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ash coffee.jpg
33 KB, 600x338
>>63856668
Probably not until a few months after the season is over, like other shows.
I'll definitely pick it up when it comes out. I want to support the show, but fuck paying for an entire premium channel for it.
Also, Ash's hand is rad as fuck.
>>
>>63856802
>a few months after the season is over
Try a year or more.
>>
File: ffff.jpg (27 KB, 398x380) Image search: [Google]
ffff.jpg
27 KB, 398x380
Are you kidding me with this shit Raimi?

>Ash dodges all 3 sawblades successfully (two on his left side, one above his head)
>the bear trap never goes for his face
>scar magically appears on his right cheek right before the scene changes to the cop giving Hash his cheek scar
>>
HOLY SHIT! the show is FINALLY beginning after Ep01. this is where it should have started after Ep02. Fuck! I really liked the show tonight
>>
>>63857230
Going right to the cabin in the second episode would be like going right to the volcano after introducing the characters in LOTR.
>>
>>63850238
It was pretty damn good, at least on par with the first two episodes

Evil Ash was unexpected, but a very welcome surprise

This episode had everything I wanted
>A strong focus on Ash and his character
>a mixture of comedy, horror and a little action
>goat practical effects with that bear trap and saw blades
>The sidekicks stick to comedic relief in the pacing of this episode

I'd say it's probably a contender for best episode and on par with the first two episodes
>>63854710
>mfw "Now that's what you call cleavage"
>>
File: ash gears up.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ash gears up.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
We know Bruce is a strong enough actor to play two characters, so why don't we just have everyone in the show played by Bruce?
>>
>>63854820
you're a fucking fag, gtfo
>>
>>63857316
You have a point, but there is so much they could do with the cabin and they could have taken a different direction. they could have done the cabin for a few episodes and then sent Ash into the future and live out the Omega Man idea that Sam Raimi was thinking about.
>>
>>63856227
>that blonde tho
The one that wanted the D?
What the fuck is that oh I don't want him but I don't want anyone else to have him shit from Kelly?
>>
>>63857707
Anon, they got a second season greenlighted before the first episode even aired. They can't just blow their load immediately.
>>
Ash is clearly going to travel back in time next season and save the black chick on his way back to the present
>>
So everybody agrees Ash is the only person in the current cast besides Xena surviving at the end of the season, right?
>>
>>63857782
Just girly things.
>>
>>63857901
I hope not. Pablo is actually a pretty good character. We have the hikers along with black cop for possession fodder.
>>
File: 1443740774358.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1443740774358.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>inexplicably Australian hikers in the Michigan wilderness
>>
>>63858178
Some day they may make a horror movie about a hostel. I might even become a trope.
>>
>>63850238

The sidekicks are shit and the pacing is kind of fucky, but Bruce Campbell and Ash are still great. If they were going to have the sidekicks they should've left them playing it straight. It's similar to what was dragging Doctor Who down recently, the companion was just straight up trying to out-Doctor the Doctor. The sidekicks in this would be better if they were still horrified at the deadites and how easily Ash violently kills people who were normal just minutes ago.

Still having fun, but after the first couple episodes the show was bringing me down. Cop getting killed is a plus, if they off the other two that'd be peachy but I doubt they will. Xena's not doing much for me either.
>>
>>63857985
I kinda like pablo. Kelly is turning into the worst tag along
>>
oh... and fuck star wars. fuck those cash grab peebs
>>
>>63858336
Of course she is. The worst tag along just got killed.
>>
Am I the only person who felt bad for Fisher? I know a lot of people didn't like her character, but I actually kinda did. At the very least, I wasn't expecting her to die like that.

Pablo and Kelly are way better companions, but fuck. I feel bad for Ash.
>>
>>63858487
she had it coming

thought her death was way too prolonged though, like getting a cleaver in the neck through the jugular is one thing but staying conscious for minutes after being impaled? c'mon now

unfortunate thing is she'll likely come back as a deadite in ep 9 or 10
>>
>>63858540

What makes you think that she had it coming?
>>
>>63858487
Yeah, I was thinking everyone in the group had plot armor and Ash would be proven wrong for saying the others would die.
That cleaver going into her neck genuinely surprised me. Which is just one of the many things that make this episode the best so far.
>>
>>63850238

I gotta admit I'm starting to love these series.

I didn't mind the forced interracial attraction, but when they started to make Ash an alpha male go after the negress it made me baka family

Good they killed her and left Ash single as he was meant to be
>>
>>63858592

Yeah, the cleaver in the neck caught me by surprise as well.

>>63858596

Ash has always been an opportunist and Kelly clearly been Pablo's love interest from the start.
>>
>>63858596
Did you not notice Ash trying to fuck every single woman he's interacted with in the show? It'd be weird if he WASN'T trying to get in black cop's pants.
>>
>>63858596
Alpha males are the only ones with enough balls to tame a black woman.
>>
>>63858540
wounds aren't that big of a deal in this universe. remember when pablo was pinned to the wall with a knife at the start of the series?
>>
File: gxeaut02.jpg (55 KB, 725x477) Image search: [Google]
gxeaut02.jpg
55 KB, 725x477
>>63857901
>tfw bruce and lucy survive and ted raimi confirmed for season 2
>tfw it just turns into the xena revival
>>
>>63857453
>the whole show is like 7 ashs just smugging around insulting each other, throwing puns and spouting one liners

9/11 GOAT would watch
>>
I kept on hoping Bad Ash would have mentioned something about time travel and then have to backpedal from betraying his badness while admitting Army of Darkness happened.

The world needs more Bruce Campbell fight scenes against himself.
>>
>>63859245
At least we have this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhep7_jkeY
>>
>>63857888

they have the necronomicon. hes gonna probably summon another demon to revive her.
>>
They should still be able to mention time travel though. Even if they can't say anything about Army of Darkness, he goes back in time at the end of EDII, so he obviously made his way back to modern times somehow.
>>
>>63859567
What's interesting to me is that they revealed an actual way to destroy the Necronomicon. If they destroy the book, it'll be interesting to see other ways deadites could appear.
Hell, in ED2, there were pages separated from the book. For all we know, there's still a shit ton of them out there.
>>
>>63859121
In the final battle, Ash summons Autolycus, Brisco County Jr. and Sam Axe to help him fight the Deadite army.
>>
>>63859911
Does he also summon Bruce Campbell?
>>
>>63850595
I'm sorry, but what is so wrong with characters not acknowledging a death? It fits with the tone of the show.
>>
>>63854903
This, and also that he will do or say about anything to smash some puss.
>>
predictions for next episode?
>>
man I hope the next episodes or at least the finale are 45 mins
>>
>>63862294
Won't be you fucking cuck.
>>
>>63859938
And Elvis from Bubba Ho-Tep?
>>
File: crying.gif (2 MB, 375x283) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
2 MB, 375x283
>>63862448

ok

sorry
>>
So this episode brings the count of different evil Ashes to...
>>
File: CJmG6mJVAAAxJnU.jpg (58 KB, 599x899) Image search: [Google]
CJmG6mJVAAAxJnU.jpg
58 KB, 599x899
>>63863242
they're all evil
>>
>>63863316
>has to stand on a box
Womanlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>63856227
easy the worst part of the show, and I'm not saying that because hurrr durr niggers. just a terrible actress and didn't fit with the tone of the show. glad to see her off.
>>
bump for not Star Wars
>>
>>63863460
she's still 5'10"
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-20-17-25-39.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-20-17-25-39.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>63850238
I loved seeing my ausfus Samara and Indiana in this week's episode
>>
No-one's asked the big question yet.

After black cop becomes a deadite, will she end up in the basement?
>>
Who's that blonde haired blue eyed qt?
>>
>>63856465
lol is that bruce cambell? Whats this from? haha
>>
>>63858540
>complaining about realism in a show about demons and 3 decades old decapitated heads being able to talk while in a vice

AUTISIM
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>63865521
>he never seen the laughing deer head scene
>>
>>63856465
"Soft balls"
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.