[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feminists hyping Captain Phasma as one of the strong female characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
File: CaptainPhasmaTrailer.jpg (64 KB, 860x500) Image search: [Google]
CaptainPhasmaTrailer.jpg
64 KB, 860x500
Feminists hyping Captain Phasma as one of the strong female characters in the new Star Wars.

Barely any screen time in the movie and her longest scene involves her being held at gunpoint by Han, Chewie, and Finn, and presumably thrown into a garbage chute/trash compactor afterwards.
>>
Is she ever exposes as a womyn in the film?
>>
>>63849717
Into the trash she goes
>>
>>63849717

you do realize that she's 1) being given a bigger role as a result of the way she and Christie impressed the creatives in this episode, and 2) just being a female character who isn't objectified and treated more or less as an equal among villains that traditionally don't HAVE female minions in this franchise is enough, and 3) She has more going for her than fucking Boba Fett
>>
Why not post this in an existing Star Wars thread instead of making a new thread? You'd get more views from interested Anons because they're already gathered to discuss this movie.
>>
>>63849717
>Thrown into garbage chute
Was this actually confirmed or merely implied? The last you see is Finn replying to Han "Yeah, there is" [a garbage compactor].
>>
>>63850002
Stupid staff Stormtrooper is the new Boba Fett
>>
Dont worry i alreafy saw an article of them complaining she didnt get enough screen time. Next movie will be CAPTIN PHASMA IS SITH LORD NOW CAUSE STONK WOKAN NEED STRONK WOMAN TO MATCH HER AS MAN COULD NEVER FIGHT STRONK WOMAN
>>
>>63850131

maybe on /tv/
>>
>>63850153
It's kind of cool to see /tv/ fall so in love with some random throwaway character. I haven't seen anybody else praising TR-8R, just people on here.
>>
Well Boba Fett did fuck all too and he was a fan favorite.
>>
>>63850153
Phasma looks like she'll have a bigger role in the next movie

Crazy Stormtrooper will probably be forgotten by JJ and the rest but still leave an impression on fans.
>>
>>63850304

>be forgotten by JJ

you do realize he's not directing episode VIII right?
>>
>>63850283
This, she's the Boba Fett of the trilogy.
>>
>>63849895
She has a clear woman's voice
>>
>sh-she'll be a strong female character! finally after years of complaining we're winning!
>she acts all tough but in her only other scene immediately caves to three intruders holding her at gunpoint and betrays The First Order by lowering the bases shields thus getting everyone on her side killed and ruining their entire war effort
>doesnt try to fight back or call for backup or at least stall and pretend she cant do it
>literally gets thrown in the garbage

feminists BTFO
>>
>>63850304
>Crazy Stormtrooper will probably be forgotten by JJ and the rest but still leave an impression on fans.
Keep in mind that every single identifiable alien in the original films had their own stories in the EU novels. Disney isn't stupid, they will find a way to market every possible character.
>>
>>63850426
>you do realize he's not directing episode VIII right?
Who IS directing VIII anyway? I know the Fantastic 4 guy was suppose to do it but he is blacklisted now. So who is the replacement
>>
>>63850689
>Fantastic 4 guy was suppose to do it but he is blacklisted now
for what purpose?
>>
>>63850804
>for what purpose?
Er.... Because he badmouthed the film on twitter before the movie came out? And also because the movie fell apart? He burned a lot of bridges.
>>
>>63850841
rough
>>
>>63849717
She's obviously going to play a significant role in the subsequent films.
>>
File: trank.png (116 KB, 513x308) Image search: [Google]
trank.png
116 KB, 513x308
>>63850885
>rough
In the end this is consequences of not knowing when to keep one's mouth shut.
http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2015/8/7/9115995/fantastic-four-director-josh-trank-twitter
>>
>>63850002
>movie about boba fett being made

k
>>
they're probably setting her up as an antagonist or secondary character in one of the non-main-trilogy movies coming out, such as untitled boba fett project.
>>
>>63851687
>Star Wars is now the MCU
>have to watch every shitshow spinoff to get the whole story
KILL IT
>>
>>63851741
Prequels did that too in a way

There were these shorts on Cartoon Network that shows development with Anikin and Obiwan's relationship. As well as an event that leads directly to Revenge of the Sith to explain why Grevious is so shit and implies Dooku was fooled.
>>
>>63849895
Yeah, like Bobba/Jango Fett or Darth Maul or Count Doku, or Grand Moff Tarkin or General Grevious or Samuel L. Jackson or Liam Neeson.
>>
>>63852213
I don't get it.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 329x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 329x474
>>63849717
>Go to the midnight release
>Watch TFA and enjoy the fuck out of it
>Walk out of the cinema
>Twin wants to go grab subway because he's fucking addicted to sticking 6'inchers in his mouth
>See a couple of guys with Star Wars Christmas sweaters (so they obviously saw it on the release as well)
>Ask them what they thought of the film
>glib facsimile.cppsta
>'That silver Storm Trooper was only a girl because of feminists and she was only the commander because she needs to be strong'
>U wot
>'I mean why do they have to shoehorn in all these characters, it's the feminist agenda'
>I'm struck dumb by how retarded this sounds

She's evil, her gender never really factors into it because First Order has a sterile theme going, Finn gets to beat the shit out of her and make carthartic joke about it.
Jesus Christ you autists are seeing dots that aren't there and connecting them.
>>
She has a cape though and that's always pretty cool.
>>
>>63849939
>I'M IN CHARGE NOW, CAPTAIN

She got blacked.
>>
>>63852534
You should've called them big guys.
>>
>>63850002

>more going on than boba fett

Oh really? What did she do that gives her more going on? And I'm talking about episode 7. Not the promise of more development in future installments.
>>
>>63852833
The sum total of Boba Fett was standing on a Star Destroyer, loading Solo, and then a few shots until he gets eaten.

Phasma orders some shit in the beginning when they're killing the civilians. Has one more unmeaningful exchange, and then gets ordered to lower the shields. It's at least a tie and that's one movie versus two.
>>
I want to fuck Phasma.
>>
>>63849717
What was the point of making that character distinctive in her look/sound if she does basically nothing?

>Dude they are just setting her up for more shit in a later movie
Don't give me that rubbish.
>>
>>63852998
Go home, Jamie. You're drunk. Cersei wouldn't like that.
>>
File: TR-8R Strikes Back.jpg (1011 KB, 729x1080) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R Strikes Back.jpg
1011 KB, 729x1080
>>63849717

Despite not looking as cool, a fucking rank and file stormtrooper managed to be more menacing and threatening than Phasma, who did basically nothing, caved immediately under pressure when her life was on the line, and was then literally thrown in the trash.

Phasma should be demoted and have a redemption arc while TR-8R somehow survives being shot and is promoted to her rank, because in 30 seconds he displayed more competence than she did in every appearance she made.
>>
>>63853009
IDFK Anon, maybe to make the new universe more rich in character and story?
She'l probably show up in other series or the side films.
>>
>>63850277
Everyone in my theater was talking about TR-8R after the movie. Everyone was making noise when the Storm trooper started fighting against a light saber. People were even debating why a shock baton could even resist a light saber strike and why they didn't just do that for the armor as well
>>
>>63853240
>caved immediately under pressure when her life was on the line

i thought this was weird, aren't they supposed to be brainwashed and shit to be obedient. and she's helping them to destroy the death star she's on? and if that somehow fails she probably be executed by the third reich.

>female logic
>>
>>63850131
seriously though, who the fuck was that guy? and why was he the only one to wield that weapon? he had no special insignia, no shiny chrome armor, it's just some dude who got lucky when visiting the armory. so how is that fucking staff not part of the standard equipment for ground troops?
>>
>>63854493
I was expecting her to pull a blaster on fin when he turned away from her at the monitor. Jesus Phasma is the worst. She's the entire reason the Planet killer went under. She probably didn't even live the explosion. Who is going to find her in the trash?
>>
>>63854493
Maybe the whole idea is that the New Order is filled with paper tigers after all the real warfighters blew up in both death stars. Even Snoke can't afford to lose what he has and orders his people off the Starkiller base.
>>
>>63849717
Someones really trying hard to recreate Boba Fett.
>>
Does she have a Cortosis armor? That'd be pretty cool and explain the shiny look.
>>
>>63849717
She'll run into Finn again in the 2nd movie and he'll convince her to defect with him in 3rd movie.
They may or may not start a relationship where he's the sub and she's the dom.
>>
>>63854499
Well friends and I came to this conclusion. They were trying to capture the Droid and the fugitives. They needed some type of non lethal force to subdue them. Riot gear trooper deployed. As for why it's not the go to weapon against jedi? Jedi are long gone otherwise it'd be mass produced
>>
>>63850131
he's a beacon of hope for the white race
>>
>>63854499
>so how is that fucking staff not part of the standard equipment for ground troops?
The guy with the tonfa or some shit that could go up against a lightsaber?

Probably because there's no Jedi left except for Kylo (on their side) and Luke (MIA).
>>
>>63854813
Then why not train these Tonfa storm troopers some force techniques? They're skilled enough to somehow block some swings they not create a dark side padawon army instead of just 1 fucking apprentice
>>
>>63854915
>Then why not train these Tonfa storm troopers some force techniques?
Because not everyone is a force sensitive?
>>
>>63854672
>She'll run into Finn again in the 2nd movie and he'll convince her to defect with him in 3rd movie.
>They may or may not start a relationship where he's the sub and she's the dom.
One thing's for sure, Phasma was actually trying to defend Finn by saying it was his first offence. You can say she could just be trying to cover her own ass, but what little we see of her doesn't seem to suggest she is trying to be a bad boss.
>>
>>63855701
>defend Finn by saying it was his first offence
You're saying it wasn't?
>>
>>63855730
>You're saying it wasn't?
I am saying she could have thrown him under the bus. She could have had him purged, but she wanted to give him another chance. He is just some guy, she had no particular reason to give him any chance at all. But she did anyway.
>>
>>63855998
Interesting, I never thought of it that way before. I guess if she was truly ruthless, she would've tortured or executed him.

Maybe she's not as much of a cunt as the general.
>>
>>63856629
so the choices are

a) she only wanted senpai to notice her and got stuck into a trash compactor and possibly blown up for it

or

b) she's just as fucking incompetent as Finn
>>
>>63856629
>Interesting, I never thought of it that way before. I guess if she was truly ruthless, she would've tortured or executed him.
Finn doesn't seem to hate her as such either. Clearly he is annoyed at her for being his former boss, but he clearly had no intention to kill her after her cooperation. If anything he ended up giving her more time to escape by seeking her out.

It could have been easy to make Phasma more evil, but the story clearly is avoiding going in that angle.
>>
Why didn't they continue to use clones instead of going through the effort of brainwashing?

And unrelated but I think everyone is force sensitive. It's just being able to access it. That orange alien and someone else was talking about it permeating everything. Luke will train Finn to be Jedi too.
>>
>>63850631
Not only this but Han died because he tried to follow a woman's advice to talk to his son

Was this movie the ultimate anti-SJW plot?
>>
>>63857096
>Why didn't they continue to use clones instead of going through the effort of brainwashing?
The First Order is much smaller than the old Empire. Child soldiers were cheaper. They did argue on-screen about the merits of going back to cloning, so it was definitely still on the cards. It does appear the First Order basically had budget cuts.
>>
>>63849939

Where she and the feminists belong
>>
>>63849717
>This chrome dome slaps your gf on the ass
>wat do?
>>
>>63857042
>but he clearly had no intention to kill her after her cooperation
I'm pretty sure being thrown into a trash compactor and crushed counts as killing intent.
>>
>>63857202
>The First Order is much smaller than the old Empire

Yeah, that makes sense. I feel it wasn't portrayed well at all though. They seemed stronger than the Republic. I mean they blew up 5 fucking planets no problem.

The Republic has an inferiority thing going on too, still calling themselves the Resistance. Where the fuck was their main fleet/army during all this happenings?
>>
>>63857344
>They seemed stronger than the Republic.
We don't even see the republic, we just see the Resistance.

Also the Resistance still seems small as fuck. They seem to be about as big as they were in the OT, maybe even smaller. I was really bugged by them only sending in like 10 X-Wings against the planet laser, something threatening to wipe out their entire planet. Even worse was that they didn't seem to even expect much resistance and got fucked up only for Han to save the day.
>>
>>63857344
>The Republic has an inferiority thing going on too, still calling themselves the Resistance. Where the fuck was their main fleet/army during all this happenings?
According to the new info, the old Republic basically downsized after the end of the original films and had a true with the last small piece of the old Empire.

The old Empire then had civil war for a while until The First Order win out. And now it is trying to start the war back up while the Republic is all on peace and economics mode.

The Resistance is basically the old Rebels that never trusted the truce and kept an eye on the First Order just in case they try anything silly. Some members of the Republic supports the Resistance unofficially and under the table, but basically as of now the Resistance is a private army that was a fraction of its former self, just as The First Order is not that big and only has a single Star Destroyer.
>>
>>63857202
>They did argue on-screen about the merits of going back to cloning

wait when was this?
>>
>>63857631
>wait when was this?
When they was talking about insubordination, the indioctranation process, and all that. I don't have the quote but basically they intentionally went for child soldiers for efficiency reasons.
>>
>>63857609
Where'd you get that info from?

>>63857631
The female captain this thread is about/SS officer(or maybe Kylo) had an exchange about disloyalty of regular humans.
>>
>>63850689
Gareth Edwards, who directed Godzilla 2014, is doing Episode VIII

There are worse choices, I suppose
>>
>>63857713
>Where'd you get that info from?
From /m/.
>>>/m/13646701
>>
>They try to hard to make her cool and give her a Darksaber
How would you feel?
>>
File: captainnow.jpg (18 KB, 386x223) Image search: [Google]
captainnow.jpg
18 KB, 386x223
>>63852628

IM THE CAPTAIN NOW
>>
>>63858139
not only that.
a double-bladed darksaber.
DUN DUN DUNNN!
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.