[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rey is a Kenobi. Maybe not directly descended but maybe he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 7
File: rey obi wan.jpg (71 KB, 824x380) Image search: [Google]
rey obi wan.jpg
71 KB, 824x380
Rey is a Kenobi. Maybe not directly descended but maybe he's her uncle.
>Rey has an English accent and is a Desert Hermit.
>Looks more like Obi than Skywalkers
>Kind and generous personality like Obi Wan, not emotionally volatile like the Skywalkers
>Younglings could easily use the Force. Skywalkers had trouble using it because they were emotionally fucked up. Obi Wan was always Zen, which is what Yoda teaches Luke to be like... Rey is already like this by living without attachments.
>Rey/Kylo would parallel Obi Wan/Anakin in reverse.
>Luke training his old Master's niece would be a better story then Daddy/Daughter or some random girl.
>During Rey's vision, they brought in Ewan McGregor just to do a voice over and call out her name.
>>
you don't inherit accents

and she's clearly been cast for her somewhat resemblance to Natalie Portman
>>
>>63849250
She was raised by Obi Wan's family until she was 5. English actors can do American accents easily, they all do it. They had her use her natural accent.
>>
There are already threads about this movie OP, post your related comments in one of those instead of making a new thread.
>>
>>63849519
This is the Star Wars board you cuck
>>
>>63849250
Where would she get an accent if she was Luke's kid?
>>
>>63849584
For you.
>>
a glib facsimile
>>
>Looks more like Obi than Skywalkers
>Image shows just how much Rey looks like Natalie Portman
>>
>Rey looks like Padme
>Padme was from Naboo
>Padme had dozens of look-alike handmaidens
>Palpatine dreams daily of that sweet teen Queen booty
>Palpatine becomes Emperor and has his Padme Handmaiden Harem
>Rey is Palpatine's great granddaughter
>>
>>63850947
fuck me
this gets me every time
>>
the actor who plays obi wan in the clone wars cartoon confirmed on twitter that he recorded the "rey..." part but they told him they used ewan mcgregor instead so what OP said is basically confirmed
>>
>>63851555
trips signal truth.

also this just opens new interesting shit for the next episode, but leaves untouched the mary sueness and flaws of TFA. still really cool.
>>
>>63849250
>you don't inherit accents

then why did every single clone trooper have a kiwi accent like Jango Fett?
>>
>>63849188
obi-wan is literally a virgin bro. jedi aren't allowed to love.

anakin is the exception because he's an edgelord.
>>
>>63851629
Obi wan had a waifu that got killed during the clone wars
>>
>>63851604
take a look at what you just typed and think about it again
>>
>>63851734
If accents aren't genetic, how would a clone learn to speak the exact same way?

Either lucas is a hack or accents are genetic in SW universe
>>
Rey is a young Shmi Skywalker sent to the future

She will get pregnant, have her memory erased, and get sent back to the past

The father is Luke
>>
>>63851674
So that would make Rey at least 50 years old.
>>
>>63851796
>luke is his own grandpa
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>63851783
Jango trained them
>>
>>63851796
>luke is his own grandfather
POETRY
P
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>63851814
Or just a grandaughter?
>>
>>63849188
>>Rey has an English accent and is a Desert Hermit.

.....do you think that accents are inherited?
>>
>>63851814
she will be by the time she goes back in time
>>
>>63851832
he couldn't have trained all of them, and he probably didn't teach them to speak
>>
>>63851865
how else do you explain why england people's children talk english

retard
>>
>>63851876
they were doing those lesson things for learning. They all did the same thing.
>>
>>63851923
I think lucas might just be a hack
>>
>>63851923
part of a jedi training is learning how to talk
>>
>>63849188
>This lightsaber belonged to Luke, and his father before him. And now it calls to you...

Rey is clearly Luke's daughter to claim otherwise is retarded.

Also Obi-Wan has always seemed extremely complacent with being cucked into celibacy by the jedi order.
>>
>>63851139
Natalie isn't a Skywalker but I see your point.
Kenobi connections are there too though.
If she's Luke illegitimate daughter with a Kenobi it would explain why she's so OP.
>>
>>63851629
In the comics Obi Wan abandoned being a Jedi on Tatooine.
>>
It would literally be imposible for Obiwan to have a daughter Rey's age you fucking retarded Max Landis worshipping annoying little beta nerds
>>
>>63852067
a glib facsimile
>>
Wouldn't she have to be Obi's great-grand daughter for the time passed to make sense?
>>
>>63851629
Isn't it obvious?
Luke and Obi Wan are lovers.
Rey is pure light conceived by the force.
>>
>>63851907

But you get your accents from the people around you. It's not genetics. If I was raised in Scotland, I'd sound Scottish, not American.
>>
File: 1424102279667.gif (102 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1424102279667.gif
102 KB, 450x450
>literally reusing the old thrown away idea of Beru and Owen being relatives of Obi-Wan and not Anakin

Jesus christ JJ you fucking hack, is there no end to how much damage you can do to a series in a single film?
>>
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RELATED TO A JEDI TO BE FORCE SENSITIVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63851865
She got abandoned when she was 5. She didn't have much interaction with people since then... so she kept her Kenobi accent.

Obi Wan's family was upper class, which is why he has the accent. They raised her until she was 5 then sent her to Jakku for some reason. Her surrogate parents could have been secretly teaching her to be the light side of the force, the skills she shows at the beginning mirror Luke's acrobatic training on Dagobah.. and she has no material attachments or fear, hate and anger.. just like how Yoda taught.
She has been living as a Jedi without knowing it all along.
This is why she's so powerful. Luke and Obi Wan's family were planning her upbringing all along because they didn't want to risk another Sith.
Leia and Han have no real attachments to the Jedi and their teachings and they ignored it.. and Kylo turned to the dark side.
Rey will eventually turn Kylo back to the dark side and in IX they will team up against Snoke and kill him but Kylo will die in the process.
>>
>>63849188
>Obi had a daughter just at the start of end of the clone wars
>daughter grows
>luke meets Kenobi's daughter
>they have a kid
>its rey
it would be hilarious but it could destroy Kenobi's character as a Jedi who followed the code
>>
>>63851966
Obi Wan has more history with Vader than Luke.
>>
>>63852067
Never said daughter. She's clearly more Kenobi than Skywalker.
>>
She's Obi Wan's granddaughter who was trained by Luke until she was about 10 years old. Kylo, with the help of Snoke (AKA Darth Plagueis,) Killed everyone besides her at Luke's Jedi Academy. Luke saved her but was unable to defeat Snoke and unable to save Kylo from the dark side. Luke flees with Rey and drops her off on a barren desert planet and used Jedi mind control to erase her memory.

Luke trains her (again) to defeat Snoke (Plagueis) with the help of Kylo, who redeems himself somehow. End.

How is this not obvious?
>>
>>63852400
According to the clone wars he was ready to drop the Jedi thing for the woman who would eventually become the leader of Mandalore.
>>
>>63852649
well then, maybe mandalorians pregnancies last a few hours tops.
>>
>>63849188
You know she did look a bit wan.
>>
>>63851555
What is this even saying?
>>
>>63851629
>obi-wan is literally a virgin bro. jedi aren't allowed to love.

Jedi weren't allowed commitment. Kenobi was in love with Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore, he nearly left the order for her after spending a year or so as her bodyguard during his time as Qui-Gon's apprentice.

It's worth noting that Satine had a "nephew", Corky, who was just about the right age to be a child of that dalliance. His parentage seems questionable because Kenobi stated most of Satine's family died during the civil strife on Mandalore he was protecting her from, and the only living family she was seen to have besides Corky was a younger sister, who wasn't Corky's mother.
>>
>>63852400
He was never big into the code early on, despite being a powerhouse. He got knighted for killing a Sith Lord as a padawan.. the same Sith Lord that killed a Jedi Knight powerful enough to create force ghosts. He also killed a Jedi killing machine and beat Darth Vader.
He chose to train Ani despite the wishes of the council. And being a rogue it made Ani's transition to the dark side easier.
>>
>>63852665
They knew each other when they were younger.
>>
>>63852649
>>63852933
calling it now, my headcanon is gonna be canon.
i'm JJ Abrahams
>>
More likely. Obiwan spent a lot of years drinking. Prolly picked up a few power convertors in his time so makes sense they cast an ugly mong with fetal alcohol syndrome for the part.
>>
>>63850340
What? That doesn't make sense retard.
>>
>>63853167
Your a big guy
>>
>>63853201
You're*

Just proving my point with your grammatically incorrect gibberish, retard.
>>
>>63852249
you get your genetics from the people around you so its the same dipshit

try renting a library card once in a while you might learn ideas from it
>>
>>63853268
>my library card gives me ideas

Way to out yourself as a paranoid schizophrenic
>>
>>63853268
>you get your genetics from the people around you
top kek
>>
>>63853268
Try taking an advanced English course before posting again. You might appear credible on a Thai onahole shilling market.
>>
>>63853359
I have a degree in Enlgish from England dumbass, what have you done today?
>>
>>63849188
god why is she so perfect. the fact that she's the most powerful force user we've seen makes her 10x better t.bh
>>
>>63853268
>you get your genetics from the people around you
lmao maybe if your mom is the town bike or something
>>
>>63853401
>the fact that she's the most powerful force user we've seen
Why do people keep saying this?
>did the mind control thing
>called lightsaber
How does this make her the most powerful?
How?
>>
>>63853339
chinese countries have chinese genes because they are full of chinese people... how is this hard to understand
>>
>>63853393
No you don't

>learn ideas from your library card!
>>
I thought she was Kylos brother? Luke & Leia were twins, Leia and Han have twins. They fear the Empire and separate them. Shes got tech savy knowledge and shares a father daughter moment with Han, She's strongwilled like Leia and she can seemingly use the force like kylo. Pretty obvious she's Han and Leias daughter. They kept cutting away when conversation was about her
>>
>>63853432
There is no such thing as a Chinese gene, you mong. Go study genetics and come back.
>>
>>63853393
>I have a degree in Enlgish

Literally a NEET on welfare is more useful than you.
>>
>>63853307
maybe for you learning in beleiving ideas might be schizophrenic because you hate all of us as intellectuals
>>
>>63853430
because she learned about this shit not even 24 hours ago
>>
File: 1412248043366.jpg (157 KB, 546x546) Image search: [Google]
1412248043366.jpg
157 KB, 546x546
>>63851255
Broooooo...
>>
>>63853437
why is it hard to beleive that I have a library card
>>
>>63853393

>degree
>from England

Literally equates to nothing.
>>
>>63853517
Obviously that's bullshit though
>>
>>63853488
welfare is useful because it helps people but that doesn't make me not useful

go away with your fallacy
>>
>>63853538
it equates to me having a higher understanding of english then the people who do not. that is why they call it an english degree

learn logic
>>
>>63853393
Then you obviously cheated.
You're not fooling anybody. Either English is your second language at least or you're completely retarded.
>>
>>63853470
If there is no such thing as a chinese gene then how do chinese people have chinese children

they even said so on the simpsons
>>
>>63853611
Your posts prove that you're completely full of shit. At least try to fucking spell correctly and use punctuation if you're going to make claims like this. You're looking more and more like a dumbass every time you post.
>>
>>63853226
a glib
>>
>>63853644
please stop posting
chinese is a nationality
>>
>>63853627
obviously I am smarter than people who spoke english for a second language. don't insult me

btw, they need to stop making these captchas so hard. a truck and a car are practically the same thing
>>
>>63853676
there is no need for name calling at me you little boy
>>
>>63853720
Chinese is not a nationality. Chinese people have been around long before China became a nation otherwise how could they have founded their own country if they hadn't existed before? ergo, ad hominem, etc

history is in th ebooks
>>
>>63853790
>>63853761

You should probably get some sleep anon.
>>
>>63853885
>Chinese people have been around long before China became a nation
Holy fucking shit
Stop posting you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>63853944
I have been awake for only 3 hours. stop changing the subejct

fuck these captchas are hard it is like I have to solve a puzzle challenge every time
>>
>>63853975
>stop posting
the first amendment says you can't tell who or when to tell them stop posting
>>
File: 1448431044140.png (693 KB, 793x656) Image search: [Google]
1448431044140.png
693 KB, 793x656
>>63854068
Sure it does. First Amendment gives him the right to tell you to piss off for being stupid. Your First Amendment rights give you the right to keep talking and make a fool of yourself. EVERYONE WINS!
>>
I need to take a second from debating for you assholes and say how these captchas were made too unfair

it says find all pictures of the wheelchairs, but how do I know there aren't wheelchairs that could be inside the house over in that other picture? Its not fair. You can not confirm how many if you do not know. Fuck this web page
>>
>>63854217 CROSS THEAD

fuck you buddy I've read the constituion ever since kindergarden
>>
File: Obi-Wan_Satine_VoT.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan_Satine_VoT.png
1 MB, 1920x816
>Duchess Satine Kryze was the pacifistic leader of the New Mandalorians and the planet Mandalore during the Clone Wars.
>At some point, they were attacked by a swarm of venom-mites on Draboon and Obi-Wan carried Satine to safety. However, the Padawan fell and dropped her, leaving her with a permanent scar from the fall. During this time, Satine and Obi-Wan begun to develop feelings for one another.
>As Merrik prepared to board, Satine then confessed that she had always loved Kenobi since they first met. Though Kenobi did not think it was the time, he too confessed that he would have left the Jedi order if she told him.

HOLY SHIT GUYS

THIS IS LITERALLY CANON

REY IS OBI-WAN'S GRANDDAUGHTER
>>
>>63854337
And I've been ramming your mother's asshole since I was in diapers. You want some kind of prize?
>>
Rey is Luke's daughter, which is why she has A FUCKING DOLL OF HIM.
>>
>>63849302
notsofast. The following actresses have unbelievable godawful American accents
Emilia Clarke in Terminator
Emma Watson in everything she's ever done that required an American accent
Sophie Turner
Keira Knightley in Laggies
Cara Delevingne

The only English actress I've found with a god-tier unidentifiable Hugh Laurie/Andrew Garfield-level of talented American accent is Camilla Luddington. So perhaps she just sounded wooden as fuck with an American accent, as it was rumored it's the first thing JJ said on set.
>>
>>63854394
insults are the last resort of losing in the debate

not impressed anyway, I watch a lot of insult comedy when I am not winning the debates
>>
File: 1446244845832.jpg (180 KB, 1451x816) Image search: [Google]
1446244845832.jpg
180 KB, 1451x816
>>63854488
I don't have to sit here and insult you. You're already making a fool of yourself, but please, go on and tell me all about you winning debates.
>>
>>63854630
The only fool is you for getting flattened by my massive logic you white male cis scum
>>
>>63854488
So you're watching insult comedy right now?
>>
>>63854713
bad insult comedy from you
>>
>>63854694
Trolling is a art, anon. Work on your technique.
>>
>>63849188
I like this idea a lot, actually

I don't think it really make sense for Luke to dedicate his life to studying the Jedi only to break one of their key codes, especially after seeing what happened to his own father & understanding that the same potential is in himself

I think it totally undermines Luke's character to make him have a daughter & wife
>>
File: 45887-mini.jpg (28 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
45887-mini.jpg
28 KB, 500x281
>>63853226
>mfw I was retarded on purose
>>
>>63854783
or, if not wife, serious romantic attachment
>>
>>63854770
It had to end somehwere
>>
>>63854454
Emilia got a break because she was the second choice for Dany, Emma is a hack who only is popular because of Harry Potter pedophiles, Sophie only did GoT and her American accent is fine in the X-Men trailers, Keira did an American accent well in most of her movies, Cara is a meme model who got a few movie deals.
What about Kate Beckinsale, Emily Blunt, Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Rachel Weitz, Emma Thompson, Rosamund Pike etc. ?
Brits can just do an American accent easily because they just need to drop the enunciation of certain vowels.
>>
>>63854783
I thought this originally, but after a few comments in this thread I want Rey to be Luke and Obi Wan's daughter's kid.
>>
>>63852668
Underrated pun
>>
>>63849188
I'm 75% convinced she's Luke's daughter. She may be related to the Kenobis. Maybe Luke hit them up when he was initally searching for force sensitive people, after all, It's been confirmed that Ewan McGregor called out her name during the force vision, but being Luke's daughter makes her a Skywalker.

I'm guessing Ben didn't have the heart to kill her with Luke's other students, so he kidnapped her, took her to Jakku and mind tricked her in to thinking she had to stay on the planet and wait for her family to return.

Sparing her was Ben's greatest failure, and he's tried to forget it in order to keep it hidden from Snoke.

I just don't want to believe Luke would knowingly leave her there all those years.
>>
>>63855829
Luke abandoning her kills the daughter theory.
Kenobis would be critical as fuck about Skywalkers so they left her to live like Obi Wan did because of what Ani did to Obi.
>>
>>63856041
http://sendvid.com/i0q9ybuc

A masked figure(Knight of Ren) was definitely swinging at her with a weapon before Kylo Ren kills him and walks towards her. If she's just a Kenobi, why would Kylo Ren save her?
>>
>>63853268
9/10, I chuckled
>>
>>63856548
Who says that Rey was even there in the first place? It was a vision. She saw the scene from someone else's position
>>
>>63853226
Reddit pls leave now
>>
>>63849188
>accents are genetic now
>>
Her accent doesnt mean much tbqh

She was a toddler when she was left on Jakku and raised by the people there

That is enough to develop a different accent
>>
>>63851674
Rey is the granddaughter of Obi Wan, making her at least 1/4th Mandalorian.

WHAT IF Her father is Boba Fett or another bad ass mandalorian merc?
>>
Listen fools:
The only way her being so good at so many different things is that she is a clone of The Chosen One. The Chosen One was an Ace Pilot, a Brilliant Engineer and a Cold Blooded Assassin with his light saber. The same light saber that caused Rey to have the force hallucinations, the same one that she was able to pull out of the snow before Ren.

This also sets up a very interesting dynamic between Rey and Ren as we move forward. She is everything he wants to be.

The lame cop out is they are brother and sister twins Luke Leia blah blah blah blah (this is probably what is true)
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.