[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can he be redeemed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 909x1057) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 909x1057
Given what he did, is there any way Ben Solo can be redeemed and make it out of the new trilogy alive? Or, because he's a Patricide, does he have to die?
>>
>>63849096
It's hard to decide how much of the OT is gonna be recycled, but I have a hard time believing he doesn't get redemption after all that time they spent telling us he must have a little "light in him."
>>
I'm sure he'll be redeemed, but what I'm asking is if all established story tropes demand that he must die or sacrifice himself in some way for what he did?
>>
>>63849096
Why didnt they just cast an asian guy for kylo?
>>
>>63849096
whatever happens expect it to be executed in a bland, haphazard and tonally awkward manner despite competent acting.
>>
I wonder why didn't Luke just fucking kill him
>>
>>63849808
Why the hell would they do that? Han and Leia aren't Asian.
>>
>>63849096
Just before the trilogy ends we'd learn that he was actually in love with Rey's mother and was secretly trying to keep her safe.
>>
Killing your parent is worse than anything. We've seen genocide and mass killings before before but never someone committing patricide (Anakin killing Sheev doesn't count)
>>
>>63849955
Because he would have looked cooler
>>
>>63850138
Asians don't look cool you dumb 14 year old neckbeard virgin weaboo cunt
>>
>>63849096
Judging by the way this trilogy is heading, he's probably going to do some heroic shit and redeem himself right before he dies.
>>
What does Kylo Ren mean? Like, why that name, going from Ben Solo?
>>
He's not that good looking
>>
>Inb4 he kills Leia and Luke has to put him down like a dog

Could see Luke telling Ben that his grandfather and idol vader could be redeemed but he could not.
>>
>>63849096
Hopefully not. Ben Solo AKA Kylo Ren should not be redeemed. That's way too much Darth Vader.

This character has got to live and die evil.
>>
>>63849096
Yes. 2 ways.
A) Brainwashed by Snoke
B) It's all an act to convince Snoke he is truly darkside to get a chance to get close to Snoke to kill him and Han knew that and sacrificed himself.
>>
Did the scene where Kylo yells "traitor" to Finn stick with anyone else? Because while Vader would have just outright rekted any traitorous stormtrooper, it seemed interesting to me that Kylo would call out one of his own men for it, with slight lament.

I might be reading too much into it, but it's one of the few scenes that really did help flesh out how torn he was between the two sides, getting angry at someone who turned towards the light.
>>
File: smug no more.png (17 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
smug no more.png
17 KB, 900x900
>>63850328
>you can kill enough younglings to fill a temple and destroy an entire planet yet be redeemed by killing some other bad guy
>but you can't be redeemed if you killed your own father
>>
>>63850345
He has a lot of red flags that points to multiple personalities.
>>
>>63850442
>you can kill enough younglings to fill a temple and destroy an entire planet yet be redeemed by killing some other bad guy

lol, prequel retcons, who cares
>>
>>63849096
They're already making a big point of him being a focal point of light and dark side energies in all the other Force Awakens media.

So, yes, he'll get redeemed.
>>
>>63850285
Ky Lo

sKYwalker soLO

Ren - Ben

KY LO REN

Skywalker Solo Ben
>>
>>63850586
SKYBOWL GET HYPE
>>
So, who exactly are the Knights of Ren?
>>
>>63850285
Ren is a title used by the Knights of Ren, same way that Darth is used by Dark Lords of the Sith.

Kylo, I suppose, hints at both Skywalker and Solo.
>>
File: like poetry original.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
like poetry original.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>63850586
>>63850671
>sKYwalker
>soLO

BRAVO
>>
>>63850654
Who knows? There's a bunch of stuff being pulled from The Old Republic setting, so there's a good chance that they're actually inspired by the Order of Revan.
>>
>>63850874
>There's a bunch of stuff being pulled from The Old Republic setting

But there isn't.
>>
>>63850576
Source?
>>
They're the new Not-Sith. Going to turn out they're all named xxxx Ren.
>>
>>63850260
this. he can't be redeemed and live on, we'll pretty much get a rehash of a dark side user who in the end lets sentiment get the best of him and helps the light side while sacrificing himself.
>>
>>63850442
vader is only redeemed because he ultimately died while helping the good guys. same with kylo ren, he can only be redeemed if he does it in a way that it kills him and helps the good guys.
>>
>>63849172
yeah he's going to do something suicidal to save everyone
>>
>>63850285
Kylo Ren backwards is Nero Lyk meaning he is like Nero Germanicus, the fifth emperor of Rome who presided over the great fire of Rome (hence his fiery light saber) and had his own mother executed.
>>
>>63850428
He's a blue eyed idealist that has convinced himself he's doing the right thing in an "end justifies the means" sort of way in a corruption of the Jedi code that instructs him he must literally get rid of all attachments that can be seen as weakness in order to embrace the Dark Side.

Darth Vader had no such notions, he got tricked into it for selfish reasons and after loosing everything had nothing better to do than embrace his new role.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.