[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who was bothered by the second mind reading/mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: syhbtaeMKOql.jpg (102 KB, 600x575) Image search: [Google]
syhbtaeMKOql.jpg
102 KB, 600x575
Am I the only one who was bothered by the second mind reading/mind trick scene with him and Rey? I just thought it was really badly done.

In the first one you could really feel the struggle of Poe to resist him, even though he failed at it. With Rey, they just... Stared at each other for a full minute. It just felt really awkward and drawn-out, much more so than the last helicopter shot which at least was somewhat justified due to being a big reveal etc.
>>
>>63846137

I think the helicopter shot was more awkward. I guess they needed that scene to go on for everyone in the audiance get what is happening
>>
why did they put JD from Scrubs as the evil charchter
>>
File: 1435473647630.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1435473647630.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>63846137
You're a pleb. And probably a virgin. This scene was weirdly sexual and one of the only interesting parts of the film. Kylo tries to be dominant, but then he loses his force boner because he's intimidated by Rey's hotness and god tier midichlorian count.
>>
>>63846137
What the fuck is wrong with his face?
>>
>>63846137

No, it was great. A lazier filmmaker would have intercut flashes of imagery from both of their memories to show what each character was reading from the others minds. But JJ is a competent and confident enough director to have that conveyed entirely through the actor's unspoken performances.

But of course a lot of people who want to discuss Star Wars on an anime imageboard's movie section might have trouble reading facial expressions due to a certain disorder so would find the scene confusing or boring.
>>
>>63846222
>I guess they needed that scene to go on for everyone in the audiance get what is happening

I agree but just think there might have been better ways to accomplish it. Make Rey at least struggle, or make him show struggle or pain if you really need to push how powerful Rey is. As it was, I felt just confused.
>>
>you know... I can take whatever I want

was he threatening to rape her?
>>
>>63846396

I would have disliked flashing images there as well, that already felt meh when they did it when Rey found that light saber. But that scene at least had some inpact and showed some struggle while the mind scene felt pretty weak compared to the first one which also didn't need to use any flashing images.
>>
>>63846442
If there cousins I'd lol. Skywalkers sure love incest
>>
Of course it was drawn out, she was using the Force to resist him. Poe can't use the force so it was probably much more difficult to resist. Fucking retard.
>>
>>63846442
Kylo Ren is the best character simply from that scene. He oozes insecurity and pubertal lust.
>>
>>63846396
Are we talkin' Autism here?
>>
>>63846442
He definitely would've turned her to the Dark Side if he had.
He's just a dumb Skywalker-reject perma-virgin tho. Snoke probably amputated his balls.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.