[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Opening Credits: everyone claps >Millineum Falcon appears:everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>Opening Credits: everyone claps
>Millineum Falcon appears:everyone claps
>Han solo Appears:everyone claps
>Rey takes hold of Luke's lightsaber for first time:everyone claps
>Rey defeats Ren: everyone claps
>Luke appears everyone claps

Anyone else have annoying shit happen in their theater or is it only america's meme.?
>>
I clapped at this thread.
>>
I can understand clapping at the beginning and end but why the fuck with everything else..
>>
>>63846027
Nah man the only time the audience did something was when C3PO appeared, great experience except when some kid yelled out "misa Jar Jar" in the back and his band giggled.
>>
>>63846070
merican scum
>>
I have been at like three movies in my entire life where the audience clapped at the end (Avengers, TDKR, and Jurassic World, go fucking figure) but I have never seen an audience burst into unanimous applause at any point DURING the movie. I've heard a couple of fucktards start clapping and quickly stop when no one else was, though.
>>
Do any of you go out in public?
>>
>>63846330
yea well..get on my level. Ive never had it happen before until now. And the funny thing is usually I could give a lesser shit if people clap at then end..but during..fuckin redicuous. Also a girl in front of me cept putting up her hands everytime something really cool or big happened..
>>
>>63846027
>>63846027
Who claps in the middle of a movie? Your making that up...
>>
>>63846771
no, OP is right.

went last night. so much clapping. at the exact moments that OP described too

pretty much the opening, end, and any nostalgic moments people had to clap

C3PO got a huge laugh too
>>
File: MVRwVi0.gif (628 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
MVRwVi0.gif
628 KB, 800x800
>standing ovation at the end of the movie
>>
>>63846027
luckily for me, all the clappers got too exhausted to clap after meeting han
>>
>>63846771
It's literally an american thing.
>>
>>63847146
people here are doing it too
>>
File: 1414027178053.jpg (28 KB, 397x346) Image search: [Google]
1414027178053.jpg
28 KB, 397x346
>>63846027
Friday morning master race here
No clappers, only coughing seniors
>>
File: sad_buff_frog.png (671 KB, 765x469) Image search: [Google]
sad_buff_frog.png
671 KB, 765x469
>everyone's clapping
>everyone's looking around for the director to stand up
>tfw they realize they're clapping for no reason
>tfw I stood up and took the credit
>tfw I'm famous
>>
>>63846027
I watched it today (in Europe) and everybody was silent during the entire movie.
>>
>tfw my local theater has no clapping policy for the americans living here

Feels pretty good.
>>
>>63847228
Same here, and I am a spic.
>>
File: 1445271342232.jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1445271342232.jpg
12 KB, 320x320
>>63846027
I'm sorry you're such a jaded cynical asshole that you get bothered by people expressing their enjoyment for one of the most anticipated films ever
>>
>Americans

Not even once.
>>
>>63847228
Fun place.
>>
>>63847337
what country are you from
>>
>>63847345
A civilised place*
>>
>>63847345
Actually, yes. Being able to enjoy a movie without obnoxious idiots starting to clap and cheer in the middle of it and thus breaking my immersion is pretty fun.
>>
>>63846027
I've been to theaters where people clap but oddly enough nobody did during the actual movie. Like literally nobody, after it was done they did though
>>
>>63846027
>is it only america's meme.?

It's not an American meme. It's a normie meme.

I looked around me, and luckily there were responsible people like me who didn't clap.

People don't realize how embarrassing they look when they do shit like this.
>>
File: Autism-Friendly Screening Tag.jpg (65 KB, 960x326) Image search: [Google]
Autism-Friendly Screening Tag.jpg
65 KB, 960x326
>I'm upset and frightened that a group of people expressed a positive emotion in a communal way!

Maybe you faggots ought to go to one of these if you hate human interaction so much.
Maybe on the way home mommy will practice your facial-expression flash-cards with you.
>>
>>63846027
Holy shit, were you in the same theater as me or is this American hivemind? Literally what happened 3 nights ago.
>>
>>63846862

>C3PO got a huge laugh too

And that's a bad thing how...? That was literally the point of the scene.

People were also sort of cheering when the Millennium Falcon (which, in all honesty, was really well done) and Han appeared, though it was barely audible and certainly not clapping.
>>
>>63846453
The sum hurts ny eyes.
>>
Do americans clap during/after sex?

It's better than watching star wars, so it would only make sense .
>>
File: wojak2.jpg (71 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
wojak2.jpg
71 KB, 633x758
>the ice planet is destroyed
>people stand up and start dancing and singing, clapping and screaming, throwing their food everywhere and taking their shirts off

FUCK OFF
>>
>>63846027
>people don't behave the way I want them to
>better bitch about it on 4chan
>>
>>63847228
Europe here as well.
No one claps ever. Why would they? It's a fucking recording. This seems retarded as fuck that Americans ACTUALLY clap in the cinema, what the fuck.

People laugh during comedy scenes, gasp during reveals and shit but clap?

What the actual fuck I thought this is just a meme
>>
File: 1423852791384.jpg (16 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
1423852791384.jpg
16 KB, 294x294
>millennials desperately try to associate themselves with movies made before they were born
>ruined star wars culture forever

Nuke them when?
>>
>>63846027
Burger on exchange in Edinburgh here. Went to the big theatre near the center of the city tonight. There were maybe 10 other people in the theater. Nobody clapped and everyone just left after the movie. The most audience response there was were a few suppressed giggles at a couple of the droid slapstick scenes.
>>
>>63846027
It was a good feeling when people were doing that for those first two examples you give, but it did get grating.
>>
>>63847971
if you think this kind of retarded behavior is acceptable just fuck off. it would be one thing if it was younger children but when its adult males it just makes me sick. sit the fuck down and let us enjoy the movie holy fucking shit.
>>
Everyone clapped during the opening amd ending. A couple autismos tried clapping during other scenes to show everyone they knew what was going on but stopped quick.
>>
>>63847659
>I'm defending people interrupting a movie for shit that was shown in the trailer.

Amerilard detected.
>>
>>63846027
Britbong here, no one clapped.
I only heard murmurs at General Ackmeme's appearance
>>
>>63847326
I was just as excited but I kept it to myself because I didn't want to distract from the movie. Something which every one who clapped didn't seem to give a shit about doing for the rest of us who were trying to immerse themselves in the film. It is as much of a crime as a cellphone going off and ruining the movie.
>>
>tfw i saw people actually clapping after star wars
>tfw i live in serbia

murika pls bomb us again its too late
>>
>>63848258
I was always wondering if Serbs are really so much butthurt at nato for the bombing.

>hurr durr serbia stronk
>le epik kebab removings
>oh no turns out breaking international law gets you punished
>>
>>63848112

>I'm angry at inconsequential things, especially emotion.

Autist detected.
>>
The falcon reveal was pretty great don't even front
>>
>>63846027
>Luke's lightsaber
>Not Anakin's
Keked
>>
>>63847447
>A civilised place*
yeah with sand niggers everywhere
>>
>>63848076
Well this shitty thread is just more useless crap clogging up the board. Its ruining my 4chan experience. You guys should just kill yourselves. See what I did there?
>>
>>63848315
more or less
>>
>>63846027
Went to the 7pm one on thursday and they clapped everytime they showed a character except Kylo Ren.
>>
i yelled STOP FUCKING CLAPPING FAGGOTS everyone stopped no one said anything.
>>
>Anyone else have annoying shit happen in their theater or is it only america's meme.?

It took me 40 minutes to get popcorn. I walked in right as 'lucasfilm' was being shown. fucking niggers .
>>
File: rage frog.jpg (142 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
rage frog.jpg
142 KB, 900x900
Fucking Americans, First time I saw clapping in theaters was in The Dark Knight Returns during the National Anthem scene.

Another time was when Captain America said There's only one God maam!

Also when Django was killing Whites left and right

And finally I noticed that White people also clap while watching videogames.

FUCKING AMERICANS WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? WHY DO YOU ALWAYS CLAP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN5lNxGM-Ko

AND FUCK YOU TO THE PEOPLE THAT CLAP AT PREVIEWS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv2NRpG76Pg
>>
>>63848352
>americans think the only way to express emotions is being loud and obnoxious

literally animal tier
>>
>>63846771
Happened like 10 times.
>>
My theater really only cheered/clapped during the opening. Which is understandable given the HYPE

No one clapped at the end though.
>>
>>63848417
Well anakin is dead and Luke is still alive, so it's not that crazy to say it is Luke's retard
>>
>tfw your mom is a clapper
>>
>>63846027
They did the same thing in my theater except fo when leia showed up, then it was fucking crickets. I actually felt bad she got no love.
>>
My theater only had the first three claps.
>>
>>63846027
You dont like claps?
Wait to go to the movie... like a week or two. Then you can a half empty theater with zero fucking claps.
>>
The only time anyone clapped at my theater was when it ended. Then again I went to a 9AM showing and the theater was 30% empty.
>>
File: 1442036136972.png (83 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1442036136972.png
83 KB, 212x218
>>63846027
I had some little girl next to me who would laugh annoyingly at all the somewhat funny scenes. Her laugh was literally saying loudly "HA HA HA". At first I thought she was retarded, but once I got a good look at her it was clear she wasn't retarded.

Also at the end of the movie the theater started clapping. It's the only time I have seen this happen IRL. seriously why do people do this? I couldn't even believe it.
>>
>as i'm watching tfa i'm thinking "this is one of the worst movies i have ever seen"
>movie ends and the audience starts clapping and applauding
>mfw
>>
I missed lines, MISSED ENTIRE LINES OF DIALOGUE because of the fuckers in that theater. They laughed at every other line/moment and clapped every fucking time a character showed up. It got to the point where I could predict when they would react audibly. It was like laugh-tracks playing on some shitty sitcom.
>>
>>63849772
I feel like all it takes is one group of retards who start clapping or whatever, to just get the whole group started on it. Like if one tiny group of autists didn't start laughing or clapping no one would, but once people hear others reacting to a scene they want to join in on the fun
>>
>>63849870
I managed to get a whole theatre of college students clapping at the end of Frozen just y clapping alone.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.