[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think this guy is capable of giving us something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
Why do people think this guy is capable of giving us something better than TFA?
>>
>>63845251
Uwe Boll could give us something better than TFA
>>
>>63845251

Well, he's not a jew, for one.
>>
>>63845506
He's Jewish in sensibility. This is evident to anybody who has seen Looper or Brick.
>>
I hope he's reading the criticisms that the movie is getting. I honest to god wish I could punch JJ in the face
>>
JJ and Treverow are just studio shill hacks.

Say what you will about Johnson, he has his own ideas. He's our only hope desu, but I doubt disney will let him do anything cool
>>
>>63845578
>he has his own ideas.
Yeah Looper totally wasn't just the meme edition of Terminator/Back To The Future with a dash of Akira.
>>
>>63845647
Okay I'm not saying he's some sort of genre defining auteur or anything, but compare him to JJ and Trevorow.

He's capable of making a way better Star Wars movie than those guys
>>
>every complaint /tv/ had about Looper was MUH PLOT HOLES

I wish I could throw you all in a volcano. Every time travel story ever written has fucking plot holes in it, that's not a legitimate criticism of the movie.
>>
>>63845736
>compare him to JJ and Trevorow.
They're all bad. JJ has the best track record and I fucking hate him. He's a hack, maybe not a "what is this some kind of fucking joke" shill nobody like Trevorow but he still has no good work to his name. The fact that we was involved with Breaking Fedora show tell you all you need to know.
>>
>>63845757
I hate Looper for endorsing anti-intellectualism.
>just turn your brains off and have a good time kids ;)
>>
He his good at slow paced editing, complete opposite of JJ, which would fit Star Wars better.
>>
>>63845578
>>63845736
none of them will be deciding what goes into the films.

maybe they will write the scripts and even outline them, but Disney will be saying things like "this is movie where Leia dies, Luke is just training Rey, the climax is going to be on a lava planet, we need a scene where they fight dinosaurs because Jurassic World made a lot" and they will be following them.
>>
File: Reddit_Armie.png (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Reddit_Armie.png
92 KB, 400x400
>>63845472
>Hating on Uwe Boll
>>
>>63845899
in fairness all Time Travel films do that to some extent.
>>
>>63845899

>movie letting you know the specifics of its time travel aren't important because it's not actually a movie about time travel

>JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF

The reaction to those couple lines of dialogue was so fucking stupid. It's not Primer, the focus of the movie isn't time travel it was a plot device to tell this story.
>>
>>63845978
No good ones. Primer doesn't have the scene where the director winks at the camera and says "I know my movie is garbage, but just enjoy the ride" because that is actual cinema rather than a hack work.
>>
>>63845997
>It's not Primer
No, Looper certainly is not. Johnson did name drop Primer and Carruth lot during his promotion of his shit flick though, which is fucking shameful considering how the film he made was fucking capeshit level.
>>
File: faraci.png (42 KB, 594x290) Image search: [Google]
faraci.png
42 KB, 594x290
because of pic related tbph

but as >>63845939 said, Disney will cuck him out of anything cool he really wants to do, so most likely it will just be slightly better than TFA
>>
>>63846112

>PRIMER WAS REAL ART

Primer was a mvoie so obsessed with explaining its own rules and mapping out timelines it forgot to give us a reason to care why. Both leads were generic leads played by mediocre actors, but because autistics could draw 300 different maps of how it worked and they all fit people thought this meant it was good.

At least Looper told a story, it was an actual movie. Primer was a university course in a fake science that doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>63846135
>devin faraci

Isn't he that angry feminist cuck?
>>
>>63846135
honestly I'm going to be interested to see HOW Disney attempt to keep the pandering going in the face of all artistic evidence suggesting they should take more risks, although it goes without saying I won't be paying to see the films.
>>
File: 2220766.jpg (62 KB, 286x475) Image search: [Google]
2220766.jpg
62 KB, 286x475
Who else are they're gonna enslave for the film afterwards?

Neill Blomkamp?Christopher Nolan? Stuart Baird? David Cronenberg? Ridley Scott?
>>
Who's writing it?
>>
>>63846266
May you wallow in your pit of hollywood video games. This isn't a narrative medium of "caring". This is art trauma antagonization. Primer is the greatest science fiction achievement since 2001. Bet that doesn't give you a reason to do the "care" meme either.
>>
>>63846378
Him too
>>
>>63846356
I think they got pretty much all of the pandering out of the way in TFA.
I might be surprised though.
>>
>>63846419
>Primer is the greatest science fiction achievement since 2001

thatsbait.webm
>>
>>63845927
Actually I'm wondering how this is going to work out. Johnson's editing is really very calm, hopefully he'll find some means to make his movie fit in with the rest of the saga. The JJ's was a little bit "too much", but that was mostly the scripts fault I believe.
>>
>>63846470
I'm barely optimistic then
>>
>>63845251

People think that Disney's 100m/day reboot is going to lead to "creative" and "fresh" story ideas in Episode VIII when in reality it signals to the house of mouse to keep ripping off the OT instead.

VIII will be an ESB rip off.
>>
>>63846470
It all needs a JJ's seal of approval though, so there's at least that. Not that JJ is great, but he's at least competent in screen writing even if his ideas are often shitty.
>>
>>63846356
I hope they take more risks with VIII. I think TFA was just mainly to get old fans back into the franchise.
>>
>>63846620
>Not that JJ is great, but he's at least competent in screen writing even if his ideas are often shitty.

>"Droid, please"
>>
>>63846676
>Implying that wasn't a great line.
>>
>>63846593
It's definitely going to end on an down note like ESB did.
>>
>>63846419

Holy shit, it's the Muh Real Art shitposter. I haven't seen you around for a while

Primer was a technical exercise, not a movie. You can shitpost about how art has to attack its viewers all you want but Primer doesn't even do that, it's just a neat experiment.
>>
>>63846773
>Not a movie.
What is a movie to you exactly? If Looper is included in that category then perhaps it's a good thing that Primer isn't one.
>>
>>63846630
mate welcome to big budget filmmaking. theres no risks

This is the same company that makes marvel
>>
>>63845551
Rian Johnson is a Lucasesque genius.
http://youtu.be/4Zfw8__A7ps

>the name 'Principal Trueman'
>Hero is a sensitive nerd who gets his ass kicked routinely, with an intelligent droid-like pal
>The Eagle is a Kylo Ren/Hux type with a legion behind him
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.