[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Luke fought Anakin in his his prime (before suit), would Luke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 500x440
If Luke fought Anakin in his his prime (before suit), would Luke still win?
>>
>>63844711
No, wtf, Luke was just a fetus at the time.
>>
No because the battles were better in the prequels

Fuck everyone who says each fight was an emotional representation

>In b4 the Obi-Wan and Ani spinning sabers gif
>>
>>63844711
based just one what the films have shown us it seems like Anakin would win, but according to Lucas himself Luke in his prime > Anakin in his prime
>>
>>63844711
i dont know because anakin uses the force more as darth vader than he ever does in the prequels, which is strange seeing how he's supposed to be this super powerful force being
>>
From his point of view, yes
>>
Fuck no.
>>
>>63844786
>>inb4 something that invalidates my point
>>
>>63844711
He's literally killing Luke in that picture.
>>
>>63844781
first replies best replies
>>
Anakin would've won. Anakin is the representation of Lucifer(the chosen one who is corrupted). He surpassed Obi-Wan in many ways and he didn't lose because of his lack of skill, but because of his hubris.

Though it isn't canon anymore, I think the comics actually state that Anakin pre-accident had the potential to become the greatest Sith.
>>
>>63845550
Bear in mind Luke was never in his prime during the OT. He just had enough training to be on level footing with Vader, who was already old and not nearly as powerful as he used to be. Anakin trained for over a decade to be where he is at. Luke only trained for a couple years without any real teacher save for Yoda for a few weeks.

Long story short, we have never seen Luke in his prime and given that TFA is 30 years later, we missed it.
>>
>>63845700
Fair assessment. For some odd reason, however, I just think Luke would've lost against a prime/healthy Sith Anakin. That being said, I don't think it would be a blowout. In the comics, Luke is wildly powerful and a force to be reckoned with.
>>
>>63844786
a bunch of people we dont know fighting each other in perfectly choreographed fashion over reasons we dont care about or dont even exist

BUT DEY SPIN DA SABERS SO COOL OMG
>>
>>63845974
Something tells me that old Luke is going to be pretty powerful. Can't wait to see if he get his own saber duel.
>>
>>63846023
hi redit
>>
Obi Wan beat the shit out of Anakin in his prime, though
>>
>>63846629
MUH HIGH GROUND
>>
>>63844711
Obi Wan destroyed Anakin in his prime. I do believe Luke could ruin Obi-wan. So it follows that Luke could destroy Anakin just as easily, given that we are talking about ROTJ Luke.
>>
>>63844711
ROTS Anakin > ROTJ Luke
>>
>>63844794
>according to Lucas himself Luke in his prime > Anakin in his prime
Lucas said Anakin never reached his full potential, but if he did he'd have been the undisputed most powerful being of all time.

Unless you're saying Luke in his prime, which is arguably around the time of Force Awakens, aka he had time to train and learn about the force, against Anakin in his prime, which was in Revenge of the Sith before becoming a quadruple amputee.
>>
>>63846629
Obi Wan literally fought defensively the entire fight while Anakin was letting his anger get the best of him. Then Anakin made a mistake and Obi Wan more than capitalized.

you fucking idiots pretend like star wars is dragonball z with all the power level shit.
>>
Suit Vader is 80% (max) of EP III Anakin
EP III Anakin would destroy luke.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 208x200
>>63846629
Only because Anakin was blinded by rage. If it wasn't for le high ground and his recklessness, Obi Wan would have lost miserably.

People jack off to Luke so much but he's not a prodigy like his father was. Last Jedi alive does not mean best Jedi.
>>
>>63844849
Lightsaber skillzz = the force in the prequels
>>
>>63845700
Wouldnt a jedi become more powerful with age? They arent basketball players
>>
>>63847075
Well he was also dealing wirha crippled body for years. He's not exactly like yoda who is old but otherwise healthy for the most part.
>>
>>63846567

>it's reddit to hate the prequels

Do you even know what you're saying by this point, anon? Reddit is full of prequel-loving teenage fanboys like yourself.
>>
>>63847183
Vader would destroy Yoda.
>>
>>63847248
Yoda in OT? Probably. Yoda in PT? Ehh, 50/50.
>>
>>63847243
>complaining that the fights were 'perfectly choreographed'
yeah i sure wish Lucas just told the actors to get into a fight with no director and just filmed that instead
>>
>>63844711
How much better would kylo have been with this dude playing him.
Wasted in the prequels

And ren looks like Briefcase Wankers aunt
>>
Prime Anakin, that we never got to see, would easily beat prime Luke.
>>
>>63844711
hed be a god by the time luke was at that age
>>
>>63847752
His prime was Episode III. He was professionally trained.

Give Luke the same training and it would be interesting to see.
>>
>>63847637
fuck off, cgi flipping yoda does not exist
>>
>>63844786

This is because the Jedi of the time were much more poised, acrobatic and masters of their craft. After the fall of the Jedi, much of this was lost, and even Vader himself lost the ability to be as nimble as he once was. Just watch as he takes his first Frankenstein footsteps after putting on the suit.

Because of this, Anakin was one of the greatest with a lighsaber and would have destroyed Luke.
>>
>>63844849

Loses a strong portion of his force powers when he turns into a robot
>>
>>63847857
Not to mention mobility and dexterity. He's still pretty agile for a robotic Frankenstein-style monster, but nowhere near as he was when he was younger.
>>
File: Mods.gif (914 KB, 290x198) Image search: [Google]
Mods.gif
914 KB, 290x198
>>63847637
>tfw you share a board with these people
>>
Fighters in the prequels were obviously vastly more skilled and better trained.
>>
>>63847825
>>63847997
Hey, if we're talking about the PT regarding Anakin, it's all in. Can't pick and choose.
>>
if star wars wasn't such shit for manchildren they would have made kylo ren without the force but so determined/obsessed that he would be on pair in quality with force users...like that hot girl in avatar
>>
>>63848007
This. In TFA, Ren only learned from Luke and Boyega and Rey had no skill.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.