[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>handsome >charming >Charismatic screen presence >Signature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17
File: steven seagal.jpg (259 KB, 1600x1597) Image search: [Google]
steven seagal.jpg
259 KB, 1600x1597
>handsome
>charming
>Charismatic screen presence
>Signature martial arts movies such as the neck break
>Literally a black belt in Aikido
>Sensei of Anderson Silva

What went wrong for him? Was it the death of action movies that ruined him?
>>
No idea broseph. This dude was so badass even the japanese wanted him in their commercials. Bruce Lee gets respected as this badass fighter when in real life he got his ass handed to him by Wong Jack Man. Steven Seagal gets no respect even though he handed Mas Oyama his ass when they fought. Did you know SS is also an expert in firearms? A crack shot. He's literally the most fearsome warrior who ever existed. Fuck Bruce Lee.
>>
>>63843631
he got fat
>>
>>63843631
He's performing in Belgrade on New Year's Eve, I don't know if I should go.
>>
>>63843931
This. You cannot be an action star if you are fat. Not unless you are doing it ironically like Chris Farley would.

He wanted to be fat AND taken seriously as an action star. It was basically SJW tier delusion.
>>
>>63843631
He became all fat and orange. Out For Justice confirmed for best SS movie.
My favourite thing is how, in every fucking movie, he is exactly the same. Steven Seagal doesn't play characters, he plays differently named, ethnically diverse Steven Seagals
>>
Cocaine, painkillers, and the easylife ruined that.
>>
>>63843631

balding
>>
>>63844524
>he doesn't know about samo hung
>>
File: seagull.jpg (104 KB, 485x657) Image search: [Google]
seagull.jpg
104 KB, 485x657
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/390705/Gene-LeBell-talks-Steven-Seagal-s----ing-himself/

>Seagal announced that due to his Aikido training, he was immune to chokes.

>LeBell set the choke up, Seagal said "Go" and Seagal promptly went. As the story goes, Seagal went to sleep and went #1 and #2 in his pants.
>>
>>63844894
Gene LeBell is a well-known bullshido artist.
>>
>>63844564
Eskimo Segal is most based
>>
>>63844949
>Ever since, either because of a rumored legal gag order (see action figure for confirmation), or because in the stunt business what happens on the set stays on the set, LeBell has never confirmed the story.

It's not even LeBell who made these claims, it was a third party who witnessed it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IId64OJdCKM

It's good to be the king.
>>
>>63844839
>I think Hong Kong famous is anything comparable to Hollywood famous

Hilarious
>>
>>63845438
>he doesn't know samo hung had a hit tv series in the united states and is one of the most recognizable azn actors of all time across the globe
>>
File: seagal2.jpg (211 KB, 982x1326) Image search: [Google]
seagal2.jpg
211 KB, 982x1326
>>63843631
>Seagal: Ex CIA operative
>Putin: Ex KGB hitman

When in Russia. Seagal acts as Putin personal bodyguard and a food taster. He also gives Aikido training for Putins FSB bodyguards and Russian Special Forces units.

I envy this based bastard.
>>
>>63844400
doing what?
>>
>>63845601
whats the difference between an operative and a hitman
>>
>>63843631
>charming
plays a douche
>Charismatic screen presence
constipated single expression
>Literally a black belt in Aikido
literallly diploma milled by his father-in-law
>>
>>63845601
>Seagal: Ex CIA operative
Never was. He met someone who was during the making of one of his movies then appropriated the guy's stories as his own.
>>
>>63844839
Sammo was 10 times more agile than Seagal.
>>
File: seagal.jpg (102 KB, 814x1000) Image search: [Google]
seagal.jpg
102 KB, 814x1000
>Ex CIA sleeper agent
>fought against Yakuza members
>Black belt in Aikido
>Honorary black belt in Karate, Judo, UFC & Shibari
>Big guy
>Reserve Tactical Police Officer
>owns 1911's
>owns katanas
>expert in Japanese wisdom
>Putins buddy
>Honorary Russian citizen
>speaks 13 languages fluently
>Loves animals
>>
>>63843631
hes an absolute asshole and a huge pain in the ass to work with.

google it. that dude is pure fucking trash.
>>
>>63847753
Google isn't the arbiter of truth you deluded moron.
>>
File: putin7.jpg (69 KB, 650x437) Image search: [Google]
putin7.jpg
69 KB, 650x437
>>63845601
>Putin
>ex KGB assassin
>invades countries for breakfast
>rides a bike with Russian hells angels
>owns a Lada
>speaks English
>lead interrogator for GRU in Afghanistan
>brutally tortured capitured Mujahideen's
>earned the name" Shalashaska"
>>
>>63848233
I'm sure Putin loves having an American buffoon in his entourage.
>>
>>63847908
google is a fucking search engine you stupid fucking retard, it lets you find pages in the internet
>>
JUST
>>
>>63848332
The indexing algorithm can be manipulated, unaware mouthbreather. Furthermore pages gain rank based on popularity not truth value. Enjoy your lowest common denominator-crowdsourced "knowledge," pawn.
>>
>>63848415

Mr. Segal, it's time to take your vitamins.
>>
Anyone else think this guys a fucking blowhard?

Hes not even a real martial artist, he does fucking Aikido which is literally Magic Hands : The Martial Art

On top of the fact this smug cunt actually tried to convince people he was a secret agent man.. JUST

fuck this dude
>>
>>63848642
>Seagals vitamins
>>
>>63843631

he got fat and everyone realised what a shitty actor he was

also aikido is the most worthless martial arts on the planet, it's not really one of segals "pros"
>>
File: fatshaming.jpg (129 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
fatshaming.jpg
129 KB, 1200x630
>be at Sylvester Stallone's house for a party
>talking shit about other actors
>calls Jean-Claude Van Damme a pussy
>Van Damme overhears him
>challenges Seagal to step outside
>crowd gathers on the front lawn eagerly awaiting fight
>Seagal escapes through the back door

Truly his CIA training at work.
>>
>>63848684
How is he an expert marksman then? Explain that.
>>
>>63849029
You forgot the trail of urine he left while sneaking out.
>>
>Same face expression any scene
>>
>>63843631
Donuts plus pooping and peeing himself.
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MjI5NTk3MTk5.jpg (138 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MjI5NTk3MTk5.jpg
138 KB, 1200x1200
>CIA contract employee. Robert Strickland, an actual CIA contract agent claimed that Seagal made him a $50,000 offer to kill Gary Goldman, a former Mercenary who had collaborated with Seagal on movies but threatened to expose Seagal’s exaggerated CIA ties
>>
>>63849108
prove it
>>
>>63843631
Too many hair triangles.
>>
File: steven-seagal-070406.jpg (59 KB, 450x605) Image search: [Google]
steven-seagal-070406.jpg
59 KB, 450x605
In an interview with Spy, Goldman says he had long known that Seagal tends to tell grandiose tales about himself. Late in 1988, a former soldier of fortune and treasure hunter named Randy Widner invited Seagal, Goldman and another man to hunt for treasure off the coast of Barbados. At that time, Seagal had been telling Goldman that he'd been a U.S. Navy SEAL. Evidently this was one frogman who did not take well to water. As Goldman recalls, "Randy was driving [a Zodiac raft] in circles while Steven and I carried the gear out to him. The surf was unbelievable, really tough... He started screaming and panicking and was sure he was going to die and all that crap." Goldman says Seagal had to be helped onto the vessel. "Wildner had to pull Seagal by his hair; I pushed his ass onto the boat with my shoulder." Later that evening, Goldman says, he realized that Seagal could not read a compass or a map. (Seagal describes himself as "autistic with numbers.") With that, Goldman says, he totally dismissed the notion that Seagal had ever been involved in any covert operations. In his letter to the Times reporter, Goldman wrote that Seagal "would surely die of starvation if he was given a compass and a map that led to a restaurant five miles away."
>>
>>63849315
Hearsay from an attention whore published in a tabloid. Is this really your evidence?
>>
File: 1446575939545.png (226 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1446575939545.png
226 KB, 620x670
>>63849315
>Seagal describes himself as "autistic with numbers."
>Goldman wrote that Seagal "would surely die of starvation if he was given a compass and a map that led to a restaurant five miles away."
>>
>>63844894
>diaper ninja
>>
>>63849315
>invite friend to go treasure hunting with you
>he's a braggart and famous but an okay guy otherwise why invite him along
>friend been out of the game for years
>friend has a panic attack at the worst time and needs help
>talk shit about friend to a tabloid for a couple of shekels

This is why I don't let people get close to me anymore.
>>
File: p15448_p_v7_ae.jpg (99 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p15448_p_v7_ae.jpg
99 KB, 480x720
>Director: Steven Seagal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq_xnvScrHo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B0np_o1VBg
>>
>>63848415
>The indexing algorithm can be manipulated,
Yeah but why? Do you also believe Drake Bell's google results are manipulated?
>>
>>63849700
White guy would've just shot Seagal after the first time.
>>
>>63849916
You can't understand why sites would want to increase their pagerank or decrease the pagerank of their competitors or enemies? Jesus Christ how far removed from modern reality are you?
>>
>>63843844
Bruce Lee destroyed Wong Jack Man.
>>
>>63850212
Source: Dragon the Bruce Lee Story
>>
File: Steven Seagal.gif (2 MB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
Steven Seagal.gif
2 MB, 400x218
>>63845601

He's a regular Bruce Lee.
>>
>>63850194
In what world does Seagal even qualify as an enemy? He's a z-list celebrity.
>>
>>63850531
Ha, look how tired his fat donut eating ass is.
>>
he's just exceedingly dumb

almost every single other action star is pretty bright including stallone
>>
File: Seagal.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Seagal.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
>>
>>63850715

>he's just exceedingly dumb

He isn't dumb. Just average. He has the mind of a typical bruiser but he hides it through a lot of esoteric Eastern practice so people take him for some kind of intense adept; it's all chicanery.
>>
>>63851215
>tfw you are constantly unsure if you're actually smart or so deep in the Dunning-Kruger pool that you don't realize how stupid you are

Honestly, I think it's from being constantly told I'm smart when I was a kid. I think that kind of unwarranted reinforcement isn't healthy. You should let a kid actually make achievements before you compliment them, and let them choose what attributes to give themselves.
>>
>>63851215

I should add that Bruce Lee was the opposite of this. That man really was as brilliant as lore holds him to be. He was able to synthesize the entirety of his learning completely with his personality. Real intelligence doesn't come merely from reading and the like - it comes from a natural ability to be able to integrate life around you into those higher plateaus of your personality. That's why he was such a naturally magnetic figure. He was more dancer than fighter. Seagal meanwhile carries himself almost like a caricature of what he has mistakenly believed a martial artist to be. You don't see that fluid manifestation of intellect in him as you did in Lee or the magnetism that follows it. He is more actor than dancer.
>>
File: riddle of steel.jpg (456 KB, 1200x1690) Image search: [Google]
riddle of steel.jpg
456 KB, 1200x1690
>live in Belgrade
>Steven Seagal and his band are playing on town square on New Year's eve

Gonna be comfy with some boiled wine.
>>
>>63851449

>>tfw you are constantly unsure if you're actually smart

If you think there is a lot of ego there just work on listening to your fellow man. If you start to really value temperance and openness it'll be the surest way to truly become smarter.

Compassion turned inward is the kind of humility you need to realise it. The smartest people on the planet are often dullards when it comes to complex thought. But they enrich the lives of those around them. That is the highest form of intellect to my mind. There is real harmony there. And then you get that rare sort who are both, someone who is interested in everyone and everything. Someone like Richard Feynman is a good example: all resonance and no ego.
>>
>>63844894
he has some skill maybe, but he clearly is one of those fake it guys, who just is a compulsive liar, and then nobody dares to speak up against him cause of how big he is and they are afraid.

Except som really alpha guys like lebell, who wrek him and tell the truth aftewards.

I knew a guy bigger then shrek who was a compulsive liar, nobody dared say shit even when he got other people in trouble, however this guy was sort of a pussy deep down so if you did tell him nothing really happened he would just get really defensive.

Seagal is basically this guy but more aggressive.

John leguizamo literally said on the howard stern show that steven showed up for an audition john was there for aswell, and steven said "im calling the shots you all answer to me"

John then said "lol no"

Steven then hit him somehow and put him into a choke on the ground.
>>
File: Sammocrying.jpg (22 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
Sammocrying.jpg
22 KB, 640x361
>>63844524
>>
>>63851851
I see your point, and I agree. I think the most important aspects of an intelligent person are intellectual flexibility and open-mindedness. Bruce Lee, as mentioned previously, is a guy who found perfect synchronicity with his life, his philosophy, and his goals. I try to follow that standard. Trying to become a human computer isn't a virtue. I'm someone who is constantly looking for questions and answers, and I can form answers myself, so that's why I call myself intelligent.

I think it gets to me a little because I'm pretty schizotypic so I'm constantly worried I'm a step away from word salad and not even operating in reality anymore.
>>
>>63849700
saw this in theaters
>>
>>63852082

>I think it gets to me a little because I'm pretty schizotypic

As frustrating as that may be it might be this very disposition that is largely responsible for leading you to this level of introspection in the first place. Many of the more introspective people in society only arrived there because they felt themselves out of pace in some way.

β€œIn your very imperfections you will find the basis for your firm, way-seeking mind.”
― Shunryu Suzuki

Keep doing you, m8. Just remember to think with your heart. Turn that compassion inward and you will find that it will help you reach out better to those around you.
>>
>>63851973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NsNBMdZhq4
arsenio hall one is pretty funny
>>
>>63851449
Are you me?

>read a lot, into nerdy shit as a kid
>parents just assumed I was smart
>grow up
>join army
>Holy shit I am smarter than most people
>get out
>nope, just had overly supportive parents and then spent 6 years hanging out with retards

It's really fucked up my confidence level
>>
>>63850212
>Bruce
kim jim pal owns bruce lee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFrI3dYe4C8
>>
seriously though bruce lee lost to wong jack man
>>
>>63852427
Yeah, I think of that moment described in existentialism where you realize how alien you feel to life and how everything after that is your journey as an existentialist. th-thanks <3
>>
>>63854951
lol you fucking wish, Wong begged for Bruce Lee to stop.
>>
File: steven-seagal-baldest.jpg (26 KB, 589x390) Image search: [Google]
steven-seagal-baldest.jpg
26 KB, 589x390
More like balding hack wannabe.

Aikido is a "hypothetical" defensive martial art. You've never seen anybody in MMA with an Aikido background because it's fucking horseshit.

Steven Segal is the biggest hack of all time.

He didn't train Anderson Silva or teach anybody in MMA, if you watch the interviews, Segal's PR actually paid Silva to let Steven "coach him" for a few hours, and nothing more.

Listen to Steven Segal's fucking reggae music and you'll realize what a talentless retard he really is.
>>
>>63856643
begged for him to stop embarrassing himself maybe
>>
>>63856779
If it's such obvious garbage why aren't you a millionaire since you know how the scam works? Go do it yourself, tough guy. Fight Steven Seagal.
>>
>>63843631
>Was it the death of action movies that ruined him?
it was his refusal to pay my brother his remaining legal fees
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.