[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nwxm4nYRh31thr7ppo1_500.jpg (151 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwxm4nYRh31thr7ppo1_500.jpg
151 KB, 500x750
What went wrong?
>>
He didn't skullfuck his ex
>>
>>63839128
nothing. he almost racemixed, but then it went ok
>>
>>63839128
Too late, too hyped, too modern.
>>
The one thing that's missing is the moments of surreal horror. Like when the redneck is dragged into the basement, and a big geyser of blood spurts out (also when he shoots his hand.) Or when Ash is at the bridge and the sun goes down in like five seconds. Or from ED1, when he steps out of the car at a really weird angle. Series is too focused on Ash being a badass schmuck, with some action thrown in the way. And what made ED2 so good is that it balanced perfectly the action and comedy with the serious horror.

That said, I'm still enjoying the series a lot. Just think it could be better.
>>
>>63839128
nice try but there's literally no point trying to disqus anything on this board for the next fortnight or so it'll just drown in star wars threads.
>>
I hope all the side characters die.

Except Pablo, I guess. He's alright.
>>
I found the first episode was pretty good, creepy, spooky

and then it changed, and then it was none of it - if it had tried to retain that vibe, maybe it would not have went to cheese
>>
I find it funny how they found the most simple way to bring back Bad Ash.
>>
>>63839824

Was confused as to why the hand suddenly had a forearm. Should've seen it coming.
>>
>>63839738
You know who directed the first episode?
>>
>>63840005
from the way you ask, I can guess it's the usual case of original visionary returning to something he loves and then it gets handed to a bunch of jabronis for the rest of the series
>>
pacing is a little sloppy
dialogue is a little stale
they're trying to set a sort of badass, punk-rock tone but the execution just comes off as cringey
also the premise wears thin after a while
still watching though
can't stop now
>>
>>63840005
you know Sam is directing ALL the episodes
>>
>>63839824
>we need to bring back ash
>how
>hmm
>we have his hand
>let's just grow a new Ash from his hand
>that's stupid pedro
>you know I'm not mexican right
>>
The first episode was basically a miniature Evil Dead 4. I don't like what the other directors are doing to it, they just don't have that Raimi touch
>>
>not not raimi
you wouldn't even know if they didn't spell it out for you faggots
>>
I'm pretty sure it's not about the directing but actually about the screenplay.
>>
The latest episode is actually good. If you dropped the series before you can probably try watching it again.
>>
>>63841338
I thought the latest episode was the worst. There's this dialog exchange were it seems like they used a wrong take or something. Ash has this retarded incongruent inflection to something the black lady says. It's just one example of the general amateurish tone of that episode, and the last few episodes really.
>>
Literally every episode feels like filler
>>
>>63839128
delete this
>>
>>63841606
feels like a RLM joint, if they had crowdfunding out the ass

utter shit
>>
Filler
Boring
<30 minutes long
Not funny
Bad side characters
Not enough Lucy Lawless screen time

It's just shit/10
>>
>>63841090
don't know mean on " Raimi touch", but camera on weapons, filming head when running, etc camera handling 'tricks' were prety comfy and "ED1-2-ish" to me
>>
>>63841866
*don't know what you mean
>>
>>63839128
dude gore
>>
>>63841693
Yeah, it really does feel like something crowdfunded and thrown together. There's no sense of experimentation like in the movies.
>>
Also Pablo and whats her face have started having this collegey mumblecore vibe to their characters that is annoying.
>>
>>63839128
>implying that that last episode wasn't comfy as fuck
>>
>>63842115
I am watching it right now and just thought I really really appreciate the look of the show or of this episode or the cabin and the surroundings

wouldn't say comfy, just magical? very inspired, wish were just more meat to it than good stylistic choices and memes
>>
>>63842085
>collegey mumblecore
What.the.fuck
>>
>le /tv/ hates everything meme.
You're officially worse than /v/.
>>
>>63839128
jesus, that was brutal and unexpected
>>
>>63839128
Up to E05 and not a lot so far. Feels very true to the spirit of the films and it has exceeded my expectations, so I'd call it a success. The chick is super hot, but they have her wearing too much make up all the time. I guess that would be a complaint.
>>
"Now that's what I call cleavage."

Fuck you I chuckled.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.