[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have any of you watched this yet? What do you think? I watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: f-is-for-family-850x560.jpg (73 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
f-is-for-family-850x560.jpg
73 KB, 850x560
have any of you watched this yet? What do you think?

I watched a few episodes earlier, wasn't terrible
>>
>>63838562
didnt know it had come out, am going to though
>>
Netflix is shilling pretty hard lately
>>
Just watched the pilot, didn't really clicked on me, but since it's only 6 episodes I will see the rest when I get bored
>>
how family guy like is it?
is it more gag humor, character humor, or situation humor?
>>
>>63838562
1st 2 episodes are meh. The rest are pretty good.
>>
>>63838562
I watched all 6. It was... ok. Not spectacular, not terrible. There were some solid laughs here and there. My favorite was the airliner commercial.

It's funny, but still something is missing. It is a bit cliched, but it has a few novel moments.

It wasn't what I was expecting at all. It has a lot of pretty dark humor with deadpan delivery -- it highlights the absurdity of family life, but not in a comical way. It is also a lot more sentimental than expected. I'd say it's almost a mix between King of the Hill and early Southpark, except not quite as good as either of those.

I think there's potential, but they haven't quite tapped it all yet. It's set in the 70's, but the show doesn't really highlight this as well as it could. I mean sure, they make fun of tupperware, coke, and answering machines, but not really in a comical or satirical way. It's almost as if they normalize 70's behavior, so as to not really highlight the absurdity.

Also, the show was advertised as making fun of political correctness, but I think they could have done a lot more with this.

Bill Burr's acting is a bit stiff at first, but gets better in later episodes. The whole show gets better as episodes progress, so perhaps the show is just going through growing pains. The Simpsons took awhile to heat, up, so maybe this is the same case.

Definitely worth a try. I would watch this if you have nothing better to do. I'm not sure how Netflix works -- if this were network TV, I think the show would be cancelled. But maybe Netflix is low risk and infinite air-time, so they may keep going with it. If they make more episodes, I will watch them.

Also, dat ballsack
>>
>>63838924
definitely not "cut to gag scene" family guy. Mostly character humor/ situation humor.

I would agree with others that the first two episodes are weaker than the rest.
>>
>>63838924

It won't remind you of Family Guy at all
>>
Lots of swearing. Lots of adult humor that family guy can't touch. Real life situations and scenarios. Dont question if your kids can watch it cause 2 mins into it they won't want to.
>the dad is pissed. Frank
>>
Looks like a shit version of King of the Hill
>>
>>63838924

Nah, it's more like a Mike Judge show. Situation humour.
>>
>>63838562
I only saw the trailer but Bill's voice doesn't match how his character looks at all
>>
i liked it more than bojack. its pretty simple humor but its refreshing in a way that its not the surreal sitcom style most adult cartoons have.
>>
>>63838562
>we couldn't get the rights for King of the Hill
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
> still no torrent
>>
is every joke about being a loud obnoxious southie mick who drinks and shouts all the time?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.