[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sorry, what was that JUST you were talking about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot (439).png (6 KB, 259x156) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (439).png
6 KB, 259x156
I'm sorry, what was that JUST you were talking about?
>>
>>63833545
wont even reach $2b
>>
>>63833545
Literally hype marketing trickery sales.
Everyone's on such a media blackout to not receive spoilers that they are getting fucked and paying for the privilege.
>>
>>63833545
Well I think 70% of the audience already went to see it.
>>
>flick was released earlier outside the us
>despite that only 52% of gross is foreign
it's over
forget avatar, this can't even beat titanic with such low foreign interest tbqhwy
>>
>>63833770

Fucking this

Everyone was talking about how foreigners live Star Wars

They forgot that 3rd world shithole foreigners are more racist than Americans and don't want to see some black guy in their movie

They also forgot that 3rd world shithole foreigners are even more misogynistic than Americans and they don't want to see a woman with power and as the star
>>
/tv/ BTFO yet again
All is well
>>
>>63834219

The fuck are you talking about, the you know literally nothing about how any of this shit works yet you decide to go onto your favourite little board and shitpost about how much of a marketing "expert" you are. It's fucking sad how important you try and make yourself appear to be when you're most likely some sad, little man wit.j
>>
>>63834219
They also forget that in the grand scheme of things only a tiny % actually give a shit about American media. They want to tap into the billions of Asian and Chinese and think their righteous progressive shit is the way to do it. Those countries don't have a bunch of guilt ridden liberals who hate themselves, they just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>63834299

Do you not see the numbers? Avatar made TWO BILLION in foreign markets

This won't even be close from these numbers. Movies are also front loaded as fuck these days so Star Wars won't even come close to Avatars domestic box office either
>>
>>63834429

I didn't even read your reply or what you originally wrote I just replied to you so that you would take the time to write a fucking reply to me you absolute dumb ass ahahaha
>>
>>63834342
>only a tiny % actually give a shit about American media.

Nice try, europoor. American film, music, and TV has insanely popular in the western hemisphere.
>>
>>63834485
>this upset
lol
>>
Everybody who ever comments in this thread is a fucking retard. Box Office sales say nothing about how much money a movie like Star Wars or Avatar will make in the long run, something as timeless and as toy heavy as Star Wars will be making money for years to come whereas Avatar will not make a fraction of what Star Wars could potentially make now that Disney has taken over and is creating this new trilogy + spin offs.
>>
>>63834219
They are not racist, they just don't give a fuck like Americans about it. Ask anyone about 40 y/o they will say that they had no idea new star wars just came and most of them only seen maybe 1 or 2 star wars movies, and not because they wanted, but because it was randomly on TV when they were switching between channels.
>>
>2015
>believing boxofficemojew
>>
>>63833603
>>63833673
>>63833720
>>63833770
>>63834219
>makes more than Jurassic World's opening weekend on it's first day
>fa/tv/irgins still in denial
>>
You nerds give Star Wars too much credit, Avatar and Titanic had an extremely strong woman demographic, which for Star Wars.. Yeah this will be lucky if it beats Jurassic World
>>
>>63834720

You must be the retard who I originally replied to regarding your mental state, please seek professional help. Caring this much about how much money Disney or James Cameron are making is not healthy and I genuinely feel for your mother or whoever has to take care of you whenever you have these autistic outbursts over box-office numbers.
>>
>>63834890
not same one mate. continue being angry tho its hilarious
>>
>>63834835
But fat virgins are the only ones who care about star wars.
>>
>>63834731
The damage control starts already
>>
>>63834835
What? Jurassic world did over $500 million its first weekend. The $208 million is only domestic, which Star Wars will but has not yet beaten. It also has the advantage of basically having a four day weekend instead of three with all the Thursday showings.
>>
>>63834918

Oh it's "hilarious". What's hilarious is how much of a retarded manchild you are with no understanding of how the movie business works. You also didn't try and deny your autism which leads me to believe that you genuinely are autistic... how sad.
>>
>>63835106
and wednesday midnight screenings
>>
>>63835133
lol
>>
Heard it has to make 1.5 billion just to make its money back
>>
>>63835133

>replied "I just did it for a reaction and lulz"

>no wait I really do know about the business guise!

Next post

>guise i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>63835208

So that's all you have to say now, how unfortunate. I knew that I would win this fight the minute I replied to your first comment and now that all you have to say is "lol" it appears that I have indeed won and no longer need to reply to whatever nonsense you have your keyboard spews... I wish you well in your battle against aspergers or whatever condition you have.
>>
>>63835353
lol
>>
>>63835275

don't reply to him, he's just tryna get a reaction from us or something
>>
>>63835106
>implying Jurassic World didn't have thursday night screenings

that's par for the course for movies now.
>>
>>63835273
does your dad work at disney?
>>
>>63835515
surely not, hes being negative about the film
>>
>>63835493
It had midnight showings but it didn't have showings starting at 3 on Thursday. That's a bit different.
>>
>>63835564
Yes, it did have 7 PM showings, I fucking went to one.

Even no name releases like Man From UNCLE get 7 pm showings now. You're literally making shit up to justify your mental gymnastics because you desperately want to label Force Awakens as a flop or "underperforming"
>>
>>63835273
It has to beat Titanic for the disney accountants to consider it a success
>>
>Jurrassic world makes 500 million in two days world wide
>Star Wars makes 250 million in two days world wide
>"LOL JURRASSIC WORLD BTFO"
>>
>>63835769
face it. star wars does not appeal to everyone unlike jurassic park
>>
>>63833545
>made its budget back in 4 days
>star wars

JUST
FUCK
MY
EARNINGS
UP

absolutely terrible performance what an epic fail
>>
The cinema box here is only showing 3D shows and only one 2d
>>
>>63835842
that 500 million number was Jurassic World's thursday-sunday grosses. It's only Saturday.

I don't think Force Awakens will beat the international gross, because I think Jurassic World released simultaneously in China and TFA doesn't come out until January there
>>
>>63835934

lol so much pathetic damage control I can actually taste your utter tears.
>>
File: nerd.jpg (56 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
56 KB, 620x465
>Spend over a billion dollars on production and marketing
>Foreign countries don't give this much of a shit about Star Wars then the US
>Mfw it won't even gross more than Furious 7
>>
All the while, the movie releases in Asia january 18th. Cameron BTFO
>>
>>63835956
Oh it will, easily. The figures above don't include today, they're just Thursday and Friday.
>>
>post yfw when TFA doesn't even surpass Frozen in box office
>>
>>63836356
wont even beat Minions
>>
>>63836501
well then

>yfw when new trilogy gets cancelled due Ep VII earnings
>>
>>63836135
Except it released in Japan today.
>>
>250 million in almost 5 days
>not JUST worthy
>>
File: 32523562.jpg (36 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
32523562.jpg
36 KB, 300x219
>only 1 showing sold out on the 2nd day

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY!!
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.