[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: images (1).jpg (15 KB, 341x431) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15 KB, 341x431
Was it really necessary? Something to make audiences hate Kylo Ben? Is JJ just a hack?
>>
>>63833200
Ford is old and tired of childrens movies
>>
>>63833200
>Was it really necessary?
Yes, it should've happened earlier even.
Harrison Ford is sick of Star Wars.
>>
>>63833232
If that is confirmed, it makes it a whole lot better than jew jew just killing a character for the sake of feels
>>
>>63833200
Ford wanted Han to die since Episode 5
>>
Harrison Ford is a grumpy old man who hurt himself during filming. He also most certainly wanted too much money for the role as he wanted Han to die in Empire.

He just can't do action movies anymore, time for him to go. We only need one old man character anyway and Hamill is going to kick ass.
>>
>>63833200

All the original series actors felt like glorified cameos, Harrison less so than Mark and Carrie but still.
>>
>>63833236
But why not just refuse to appear? Why not just go " yupa he died a long time ago" or something
>>
>>63833312
Because he said he would only sign up for Episode 7 if Han Solo died in it
>>
Harrison Ford is too old and Carrie Fisher looks too old/cocained out for Star Wars

When they appeared onscreen I cringed because of how much the energy was gone compared to the originals. At least in Indiana Jones 4, Harrison Ford still looked somewhat energetic
>>
He was old anyway, old people are annoying and get underfoot, Kylo Ren just continued the natural cycle of life.
>>
>>63833312
Because then he would have to live out the rest of his years in fending off butt hurt fans. This way gave him a clean out.
>>
>>63833200

Han should have died at the end of Empire.

At least he's getting his wish now 35 years later.
>>
>>63833298
Luke is literally the driving force (heh) of the movie. He sparked the main villian's path to the dark side and has the sole ability to train Rey and maybe even save Kylo Ren. He's not just a "cameo" you fag.
>>
>>63833200
It made me hate JJ more than it made me hate Kylo.
>>
>>63833401
>>63833284
>>63833283
I thought he wanted to die in RotJ. Anyway a real shame since I was a Solo fanboy
>>
File: luke mfw.png (33 KB, 102x126) Image search: [Google]
luke mfw.png
33 KB, 102x126
>>63833422
>appears in the last 2 minutes of the movie
>not a cameo
>>
>>63833200

Now I'll watch Solo in the old movies and just think to myself "that dude's gonna have a dog's death, at the hands of his son."
>>
Harrison didn't want to play Solo anymore
>>
>>63833480
>tfw he lost 50lb just for a 2min scene
Surprised they didn't CGI him thinner
>>
>>63833480
implying he's not gonna be the focus of the next movie
>>
I'm pretty sure he survives.

Han's been through worse.
>>
>>63833200

Harrison Ford didn't want to play Han anymore and forced their hand.
>>
>>63833200
he wanted to die in RoTJ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itoKF_GNaJw

This is just him making good on his promise.
>>
>>63833464
Ford wanted out in Empire because Star Wars movies were going to pay scraps compared to what he could get elsewhere. They convinced him to stay on in negotations.

Gary Kurtz (the actual mastermind of the first two movies) wanted Han to then get out of the Carbonite but die heroically in the grand battle at the end of Return.

George got rid of Kurtz and kept Han because George cared primarily about selling toys at that point.
>>
>>63833508
Fuck it. To me Star Wars ended with a big party at Endor
>>
>>63833581
>>63833283

that's when he still had a career tho
I doubt he wanted to lose one of his last acting gigs now
>>
>Harrison Ford told of meeting a young Star Wars fan who said he had watched it 100 times.

>To the disgust of the boy’s mum, the veteran actor said: “Well, do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?”

>The lad burst into tears.
>>
>>63833655
Harrison ford is richer than you can imagine. Why would he need to continue playing in a Kids movie for money is beyond me.
>>
>>63833679
That was Alec Guiness
>>
That's what you get when you hire Kasden. I knew it was gonna happen once I knew he was involved.

Also, this nigga retconned the end of ROTJ. He wanted Luke to walk away at the end. He actually did it!
>>
muh daddy issues
muh edge

he'll rape leia in 8
>>
>>63833679
>>63833732

Whoever it was, why would someone be so shitty towards one of his most famous roles? You don't have to be grateful, but at least don't behave like a prima donna about it.
>>
>>63833200
Ford doesn't care for Star Wars. You should've known he wanted himself to get killed.
>>
Harrison Ford honestly sorta hates acting, and is absolutely done with Star Wars films. Lucas had to cajole him into returning for Return of the Jedi back in the Eighties; he sure as hell wasn't going to stick around for a slew of sequels in his damn 70s.
>>
>>63833559
He still looks fat. Should've tucked in his stomach at the end.
>>
>>63833827
Han not dying was one of the worst things about the OT
>>
>>63833679
That was Sir Alec Guinness.
>>
>>63833792
Alec Guiness hated his role. People recognised him the most for a role he played in a kids movie instead of those he wanted to be recognised for.
>>
>>63833732
>He hated working on Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) so much, that Ford claims that Han Solo's death was his idea as a means to limit his involvement in the film. Ford also claims to delete all Star Wars related fan messages without even opening them.
>>
>>63833792
It's precisely because it was one of his most famous roles that he was upset about it. He did it for money, he thought the story and character were tripe. This is an actor who stared in roles like Lawrence of Arabia and Bridge on the River Kwai; that so many people remembered him for being a mystic old man with special powers flying around the galaxy, instead of those other roles, pissed him off.
>>
>>63833594
>Killed in the final movie.
>Toy won't sell.
>???
>>
>>63833427
why? any person that wrote or directed VII would have killed Han.
>>
>>63833792
because he sensed how many failed manchildren will be produced by obsession about shitty fantasy productions like SW
>>
jar jar abrams is a hack,
yes
>>
>>63833564
he got stabbed and fell into the center of a planet right before it explodes. do you think he's floating around in space right now thinking "I knew I had a bad feeling about this"?
>>
>>63833976
>http://mashable.com/2014/09/27/star-wars-myths-gary-kurtz/#lyODc0nVoqqN

>But I think what happened was that there were discussions with the marketing people and the toy company. They said, “Oh, no, you can’t do that. You can’t kill off one of your main characters. It’s too salable.” In a way that still happens today with superhero movies. There’s no poignancy anywhere. It’s just a lot of action. But there’s no threat to any main characters. I guess that’s inevitable in this kind of situation where nobody wants to lose anything like that that’s important.
>>
>>63834064
He'll show up 30 years later when someone finds him in a basement.
>>
>>63834117
HA! Well played. They better have a good explanation for how she got that fucking saber.
>>
>>63834168
They found it on reddit
>>
>>63833281
Ford wanted Han to be killed off in ESB and RotJ. Look it up.
>>
Did he have any cringey lines like

PART TIME
P
A
R
T

I
M
E

?
>>
>>63833236
He was originally not supposed to survive being frozen in carbonite so they could write off his character in ROTJ
>>
>>63833200
>Is JJ just a hack?

Do you really need to ask this?
>>
>>63833559
He's obviously going to have a big role in VIII.
>>
It had 0 impact on me because there was no build up for it. We didn't care about the relationship between Han and Kylo because there was no relationship between them. I mean the viewers know who Han is, but they have no idea who Kylo is. Wasted potential.
>>
File: 1446611514207.jpg (202 KB, 571x542) Image search: [Google]
1446611514207.jpg
202 KB, 571x542
>>63833200
>don't give a hoot for the new movie, read the spoilers
>my family reserves tickets for everyone
>My mom is a diehard Harrison Ford fan and only brought the idea to watch him again on screen.

Can't wait to see her face. Thanks for the keks, Ma.
>>
>w-why did you kill me off first, JJ?
>>
>>63834199
never been there, kid
>>
Harrison Ford wants to die IRL, let alone in Star Wars
>>
File: 21324356546.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
21324356546.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
>meanwhile Hamill returns more glorious than ever
>>
Am I the only one who hated Old Solo trying to be Young Solo? He looks to old to be doing smuggling shits.
>>
>>63833200

>Chewie really likes you

Yup, didn't see that one coming a mile away. That, and the Mal/River ending.
>>
>>63833480

>implying he won't die before the new trilogy even concludes.
>>
>>63834785
This. I havent seen the movie yet, but the idea irks me. He should chill in some farm in tatooine drinking space whiskey and fucking some retarded blond space-redneck girl, and being snarky old man in general
>>
>>63833563
You wish. This is the Rey and Ben show. Rey will end up rescuing Luke, believe it.
>>
>>63833200
I think it's supposed to mirror Luke and his father for Kylo and the Luke and Obi Wan death for Rey plus clear the way for the new cast in the following movies. I'm willing to bet you see Luke more in the sequel but if not a death then something that keeps him from being the center of attention. There is already a ton of what was Luke doing where was he etc. But this new group is the stories focus and they made a mistake not killing them off or retiring them somewhere in the 30 years between now and the battle of Endor but felt as if they needed them to pull in fans.
>>
File: luke2.jpg (74 KB, 960x476) Image search: [Google]
luke2.jpg
74 KB, 960x476
>>63834706
somebody add the eyes, my shopfu is weak
>>
Kylo/Rey Simultaneous 80s training montage in Episode VIII confirmed?
>>
As much as I love Leia they should have killed her off.

She looks fucking AWFUL, aside from being old she had bad bad bad bad plastic surgery. And her voice, my God her voice was like metal scraping together.
>>
>>63833200
It's a mirror of how darth Vader kills obi wan in the first film, the whole point is that the force awakens is essentially history repeating itself
>>
File: stop-it-boner.-no-meme.png (30 KB, 214x200) Image search: [Google]
stop-it-boner.-no-meme.png
30 KB, 214x200
>>63833200
>before thrusting his weapon through Han's chest. Witnessed by Rey, Finn, BB-8 and Chewbacca, Han stroked his son's face for the last time, before falling down to his death.

Lewd.
>>
>>63835195
>yfw Han comes back as a force ghost
>>
>>63833480
>second billing
>appears for a minute and says nothing
What a memester
>>
>>63833281
han dying was literally part of harrison's contract
>>
File: small_S. Kevin.jpg (14 KB, 200x344) Image search: [Google]
small_S. Kevin.jpg
14 KB, 200x344
>>63833563
>Episode VIII opening crawl talks about how Luke trained Rey and then died heroically prior to the events of the film
>>
File: 1450552659302.jpg (97 KB, 949x466) Image search: [Google]
1450552659302.jpg
97 KB, 949x466
>>63835108

Like this?
>>
>>63835195
>the whole point is that the force awakens is essentially history repeating itself
So the whole point is they were afraid to move the story forward with an original plot and just remade an old film?
>>
>>63833232
He's making another Blade Runner
>>
>>63835447
Epic
>>
Ghosts are cannon. Have his ghost be a main character.
>>
>>63833200
Ford is getting old and is going to die sooner than later.

Better to give Han a good death then just die from something bland like old age.
>>
File: 1429780073812.png (197 KB, 565x435) Image search: [Google]
1429780073812.png
197 KB, 565x435
>Rogue One will 'resurrect' Peter Cushing with CGI
>tfw Han Solo lives and Harrison Ford is replaced by CGI
>>
>>63833594
fuck kurtz, they deserved a happy ending. All of em.
>>
>>63835950
How is getting killed by his bitch ass son good death? Why not die flying the millenium falcon and sacrifice heroically while saving the last bastion of the Republic. No lets have his oaf of a son kill him to prove his fandom towards muh evil
>>
>>63836027
>confirmes Episode vii and onwards are no longer canon.
>>
>>63835128
>Survivor-based soundtrack for the rest of the trilogy
Ubderrated post
>>
>>63833200
My prediction is that Kylo is gonna reject the dark side but not join up with the good guys because he can't forgive himself for killing Han. His arc isn't being saved by anyone but learning to forgive himself. It'd at least be a fresh take on the dark side redemption thing.
>>
>>63833200
George Lucas refuses to kill Han despite Harrison Ford, Lawrence Kasdan and others involved in the OT desperately wanting to. Lucas won't even kill Lando or the Falcon.
>pussy
>hack
>no balls

Abrams kills him in the first new movie.
>why?
>hack
>how dare you JJ!
>>
>>63835415
Fuck, don't even joke about that.
>>
Harrison wanted it to happen you retard he wanted it under no uncertain terms that han was not coming back
>>
>>63833597
Fucking this so much.

TFA and the rest of the upcoming movies are nothing but shitty fanfiction to me.
>>
>>63836060

That was my issue. Not that Han shouldn't have been killed off - it was clear that Ford's time was up - but a character like him deserved better than a bitchass death like that. He should have been the one pressing the button for those explosives and going out in a blaze of glory.
>>
>>63837772
>TFA and the rest of the upcoming movies are nothing but shitty fanfiction to me.
Ok enjoy your gay 8 year old teddy bear happy ending where everything is perfect. Can't handle that they finally made a proper follow up to Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>63837592
Not killing Han was the best thing Lucas could do.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.