[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I liked the idea of the main antagonist being this badass Sith
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 14
File: Kylo_Ren_Without_Mask[1].jpg (3 MB, 1962x3229) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ren_Without_Mask[1].jpg
3 MB, 1962x3229
I liked the idea of the main antagonist being this badass Sith who ends up just being a brat trying to be Vader.

I also liked the scene where he kills Han right as the sun is just finishing getting drained. It was preditable, but well done.
>>
I hope it follows the same arc as the original trilogy and he eventually gains redemption, I feel like he deserves it. I liked his character a lot though I wish we could see more of him in depth
>>
>>63832556
Dude was pathetic, but in an interesting way. Want to see what they do with him in the upcoming films.
>>
I havent seen the film but is he as much of an edgelord as he looks?
>>
>>63832556
True, but this was bullshit:
Finn, a mortal with zero connection to the force being able to use a lightsaber against a 'sith' and even deal him damage.

Rey, who never touched a saber in her life is suddenly proficient with it and absolutely destroys Ren, who had training, with no other explanation than 'The force
>>
I hope he becomes a lot more fucking powerful because at the moment he seems weak and not a good baddie

Maybe we will learn more about Snoke though dat nigga got a big head lmao
>>
>>63832645
Even more so, part of his character arc is that he's a try-hard edge lord in over his head.
>>
>>63832649
Kylo was shot and had to battle Finn prior to fighting Ray. He'd likely be somewhat exhausted. Not that it's not bullshit, but I'll let it slide grudgingly.
>>
>>63832608

It's going to be cool to see him turn to the light side while Rey contrasts that with her turn to the dark side.
>>
>>63832649
Kylo was shot, was tired and had just gone through a pretty shocking experience (these things have effect on your force abilities). If he was at 100% he would have murdered both of them.
>>
>>63832649

Nigga, you push a button and it turns on and you try to fuck shit up with it.

I understand "oh, you need precognition and the force and shit", but homeboy was fighting a dude that just got shot in the gut.
>>
>>63832649
>Finn, a mortal with zero connection to the force being able to use a lightsaber against a 'sith' and even deal him damage.

I think that's a hint that Finn is at least Force sensitive as well as him using the lightsaber before.

I bet the romance between him and Rey leads to them helping to establish the new Jedi order as a couple.
>>
>>63832748

>this desperate grasp for straws

You're still forgetting that both Finn and Rey had ZERO training. Fucking. Zero.
>>
Finn shouldn't even be able to wield a lightsaber without instantly cutting off his own head
>>
>>63832662
Most likely what will happen with Snoke talking about how his training is going to be completed now. They did a pretty good bait and switch showing him all menacing and calm at the beginning of the movie, then he starts having childish temper tantrums, shows his face and instead of a menacing badass you get a babyfaced teenager, and finally fucks up tremendously and gets fucked up by Rey.

Obviously now he will complete his travel to the dark side and become a legit sith. I hope he is more level-headed in EP VIII.
>>
>>63832801
And Finn got fucked up, while Rey was shown to be very force sensitive.

I will admit Rey was a bit of a a mary sue in the move because they developed her force powers way too fast, but Finn got fucked up in seconds, and she spent most of the fight running away and wearing him out.
>>
>>63832801
Finn has been trained as a stormtrooper sonce birth, and Rey has been fending for herself on Jakku from a young age.
Kylo isn't even a sith, he never finished his jedi training, and isn't even done with his training under snoke.
>>
>>63832918

How does this make up for the fact that they didn't even know the Jedi existed up until a few hours earlier?

>oh the jedi exist?
>we force nao

Cmon... just listen to yourself..
>>
>>63832786
Stormtroopers are actually taught how to use a vibrosword or whatever you call the weapons
>>
>>63832801

It's just sword fighting. Finn showed his training with the weapon in his duel with the stormtrooper earlier. Rey showed her experience, though not training, in all her bo fighting--that weapon was key to her survival for years.
>>
>>63832649
Rey had experience using her staff on Jakku (the scene where she takes out those fools tryna snatch BB-8)
the long-stick-hit-things-with principle is carried over pretty easily.
>>
>>63833198
will Rey use a Darth Maul like glaive?
>>
>>63832649
Fucking forget the prequels
The Jedi/Sith are no longer superheroes who can single-handedly beat armies.

Kylo was hurt, unfocused, and didn't even want to kill Rey.
>>
>>63833014
Imagine living you're whole life hearing about ancient magical warriors that once defended the entire galaxy. Rumors say that they could move at split second speed, read and change peoples minds, and have the ability to make objects levitate by simply waving their hand.
Now imagine one day finding out that they're real, and that you're somehow connected to them.
You'd at least try to do some of their magic.
>>
>>63832645
Literally a whiny crybaby nerd. Throws temper tantrums.

It actually kinda works.
>>
>>63833324
She will use this
>>
>>63833014
Rey didn't, Finn did. He worked for at least one, probably more. It's very different for him. And that's leaving aside whatever formal melee weapon training Finn would have had in the military. Rey, meanwhile, jakku scavenger walking around with a big stick all her life, I'm sure she could handle herself well enough.
>>
>>63832645
Kylo Ren is like if /r9k/ got superpowers.
>>
>>63833928
Hmmm... he *was* pretty aggressively hoverhanding Rey...
>>
Finn cleaned toilets and Rey only knew how to fight with a stick.

Sith training as nothing to do with learning how to duel or how to use the force. It's about taking shortcuts and using your emotions to fuel your powers. The Jedis always had a more formal training. Ben Solo learned his from Luke Skywalker. He was already a skilled lightsaber duelist and force user. Snoke only wants to teach him the dark arts.

People also forget that Siths use their pain and anger as a fuel. Ben/Kylo was walking straight and hitting his wound to boost his powers. He wasn't handcapped because of the wound. He was actually getting a boost thanks to it.

The last fight was pure shit.
>>
File: 1422175889259.gif (820 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1422175889259.gif
820 KB, 250x188
>>63832556
>right as the sun is just finishing getting drained
>drained
>>
>>63832649

I want to see Rey adapt her saber into a spear/halberd type to fit her fighting style, would be fucking sick.
>>
>>63832649

Kylo was obviously fucking with Finn, his overconfidence ended up leaving with with a slashed arm. After that he got serious and instantly disarmed him.

Kylo wasn't going all out against Rey until she turned super saiya-jedi
>>
If Kylo's motivation for joining the Dark Side is Darth Vader's legacy, why doesn't Force Ghost Anakin just appear to his grandson and give him a whopping with his Force belt?

>Stop fucking around with Sith Lords Ben, bend over.
>>
>>63832649
Kylo was already wounded from Chewie shooting him and Finn is a soldier who has trained for combat his entire life - and didn't win anyway. Kylo fucked him up pretty good. Did you even see the movie?
>>
>>63832649
She didn't absolutely destroy him. Remember the start of the fight he was winning until she tapped into the force. And she did have some amount of combat experience remember her kicking those storm troopers ass's
>>
>>63832556
Yeah, I really like his characterization a lot. He's just a whiny emo kid who's try harding to be his super famous grandfather who was actually an awful human being, but everything an edgelord thinks he wants to be. It makes the mask hilarious. He has no reason for that mask other than trying to copycat.

The throwing fits and being irrational, instead of some stoic, calculating Sith is a nice change of pace, and fits very well. The whole struggling with being tempted by the light side is a nice element, too.

I mean, I don't like him more than Vader, but I don't want another Vader. This is an interesting villain.
>>
>>63832618
>Pathetic. . . but in an interesting way.

That's such a perfect Kylo Ren description. Good job, anon.

>>63832645
Absolutely. He is the Force and blockbuster movie version of an edgelord. It's fantastic.
>>
>banging his fist again his chest

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>63832556
>right as the sun is just finishing getting drained.
Now that I think about it, how can a planet contain a star anyway?

Most stars are millions times larger than most planets, our star is far, far larger than even the largest planet in our system.

Is the planet gigantic or something? If it is, how come nobody is crushed by gravity?
Does this make any kind of sense at all?
>>
>>63832649
Getting shot by a bowcaster probably makes things hard. The severe stress of his battle against the light, killing his father, and his whole base under attack probably doesn't help.
>>
>>63834637

Pounding his wound to feel more pain and fuel his dark side power
>>
>>63834637
He thought Finn was an ape, he was tapping into his primal instincts and gorilla tactics against him
>>
>>63832649
Rey was trained by Luke, until he realized she was leaning towards the dark side so he mind wiped her and stuck her on Jakku.

She wasnt a child when she was abandoned there, that's just what he put in her head.

How else would she be good at everything she does?
>>
>>63834579
>He has no reason for that mask other than trying to copycat.
Intimidation. Hiding his feelings and insecurities. Whatever reasons masks are usually worn for.

The guy wants to appear tougher than he is. That's also why he uses the voice changer and does that loud stomping around thing. He probably wears special boots to cause that effect.

It works because it's clearly intended to be that way. Anakin was a shitty emo kid basically because neither George nor Hayden knew what the fuck they were doing.
>>
>Kylo Ren
>Sith
Pick one nad only one.

>>63832748
Get his dick out of your mouth, faggot.
>>
>>63834503
Force Ghosts are tools of the light side.
>>
>>63834305
You watch the movie?
>>
>>63834665
How does a Black Hole contain millions of stars?

Matter can be compressed.
>>
>>63832556
he looks like someone who would lurk on 4chan
>>
>>63834503
At Luke's praxeum, they were teaching the babby jedi how to shape sand with their minds, and when ghost Anakin found out he helped Ben go all Columbine.
>>
>>63834823
Turning Ben back to the light seems to me exactly like the thing a tool of the light side should do.
>>
File: 1448360284657.jpg (40 KB, 236x421) Image search: [Google]
1448360284657.jpg
40 KB, 236x421
>basically a school shooter
Why is nobody mentioning this? Vader was a child killer, but this is new
>>
Only thing that will salvage this shit series is Ren doing a face turn and Rey doing a dark side heel turn and them staying that way in the next installment.

I hate Rey's character so far
>>
>>63834637
Pounding his wound to keep himself from passing out.
>>
>>63834708
So basically Revan?
>>
>>63834857
That's why he keeps making threads about himself
>>
>>63834879
I'm saying you can only be open to the light side to commune with force ghosts. Actively trying to keep out all light side is a real easy way to prevent that.

Besides, he knows Anakin turned to the light. He thinks the light corrupted him at the end because he wasn't strong enough--something he wants to do better.
>>
Do people realize you don't need fucking training to swing a sword. Like, obviously you aren't gonna be a Jedi master but at the very least in Finns case he was on the defense which isn't that hard. And he got fucking rekt'd
>>
>>63834988
oh, actually makes sense
>>
>>63832649
She's a Mary Sue.
>>
>>63834503
Anakin is probably ashamed that such an omega has come from his bloodline and doing his best to pretend he doesn't exist and prevent any chance of Kylo becoming a force ghost as well.
>>
>>63834882
what do you mean with a school shooter
>>
>>63835024
He's probably trained using those batons the other stormtrooper was shown using earlier and other melee weapons. It's not a stretch that a soldier would have basic close quarters combat skills.
>>
>>63832556
Shit concept for a villain

Christopher Lee is rolling in his grave
>>
>>63835157
And besides it's not like he did well, Kylo wrecked his shit.
>>
>>63834882
But school shooters are child killers you retard. Anakin literally murdered children in their school. He was far more akin to a school shooter than Ren.
>>
>>63835024
This.
>inb4 some EU shit about lightsabers being unusable by non-force users
>>
File: living with it.jpg (192 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
living with it.jpg
192 KB, 600x776
>>63834988
>>
>>63835158
Dooku is a fucking Scooby Doo villain. I love Lee, but his good acting doesn't change the fact that it was a shitty role.
>>
>>63832649
Fin did it by the Power of Niggetry
>>
>>63832649
I don't know why he didn't just use the force to take the lightsaber out of Finn's hand the instant he tried to fight him.
>>
>>63835215
That has nothing to do with force ghosts though.
>>
>>63835203
didn't ren murder everyone in his school as well
>>
>>63832718
Not going to happen. He killed his father. That's Patricide and according to tv tropes, unforgivable. He's past the moral event horizon already and that was very symbolic of it. Looks like Leia is going to have to take up the sword and slay her son.
>>
>>63835316
nah, Anakin commited infanticide and got a pretty good deal at the end m8
>>
>>63832716
and that somehow prevents kylo from force choking him to death? we know he can still use the force when he was hurt because he tried to grab the blue lightsaber
>>
>>63835304
I guess that's true. I guess Ren is more like Columbine and Anakin is more like Sandy Hook.

Which was the edgier mass shooting?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 640x1136
>>63835357
he did it for some fine pussy though.
"Master Skywalker what are we gonna do?"
"You're going to help me get laid"
>>
>>63835357
Killing or letting family members die is a line Vader did not cross, and it ultimately saved him

Kylo is unforgivable because he's crossed this line
>>
>>63835393
I might be wrong but I don't think Kylo force choked anybody in the movie which leads me to believe he simply cannot do that yet.
>>
>>63835403
If Ren is like Columbine didn't he need a partner? ...maybe R-Rey?
>>
>>63835460
Ye the most he did was choke padme for thinking he cheated on here. There is a dub of ep3 that exists where anakin was friendzoned and obiwan had the baby with her. Dance Of the Fates. Look it up.
>>
>>63835464
He dragged the one dude across the room into his grasp, that was wicked sick brah.
>>
>>63835357
Yeah, but they were many kids. I don't know what tvtropes calls that but killing one named character, especially a legendary like Han Solo is like a trillion times more evil than killing a bunch of unnamed extras.

That's why nobody blinks at all the inhabited planets being blown up left and right in this series. They don't matter.
>>
>>63835571
Yeah I remember that but it wasn't a force choke, he just pulled him to his hand. Seeing as he's a Vader fanboy he probably tries to choke like he did but he just doesn't control the force enough yet.
>>
>>63835480
He did it with the Knights of Ren, no?
>>
>>63835480
why does the thought of evil rey makes me so boner
>>
>>63835629
Because it'd be clever and interesting character development to establish Rey as a Mary Sue in the first film and then expose her later.
>>
>>63835611
Vader didn't always choke using the force either.

Sometimes he just plain physically throttled people and I loved that.
>>
>>63835464

I doubt he could pull a Vader and choke somebody from orbit but he should at least be able to a basic force choke, since he could fucking stop a blaster bolt.
>>
>>63835716
Aren't those paralysation spells he does basically a full body force choke anyway.
>>
>>63835629
because chances are she'll wear an evil slutty outfit showing off that midriff
>>
>>63832556
>described as anti-luke
>Luke's plot is about being drawn to the dark while Kylo's is about being drawn to the light
>Luke starts out immature and a bit whiny like Kylo does

He'll mature and get cooler like Luke did, I think that's the whole point of how he was in this movie. In the next one he'll probably be a lot more like how we initially imagined him

Also it's kind of funny how all the first order dudes are scared of this temper tantrum throwing brat character because he still also happens to be hardcore sith dude
>>
>>63835776
I kind of want her to wear dark eyeliner as well.

Oh yeah and the english accent. She already has that.
>>
>>63835716
I don't know, they should have established that he was able to do them if he was to use them later. Most of the force chokes we've seen in the movies were by pretty powerful Sith Lords so maybe choking somebody's threat with the force isn't as easy as it looks.
>>
>>63835827
>Kylo's is about being drawn to the light

What's that? Some tell don't show shit?

When did he spare lives and give coins to beggars?
>>
File: kylo.png (416 KB, 726x541) Image search: [Google]
kylo.png
416 KB, 726x541
>>
>>63835850
Mmhh imagine her doing an Eva Green-like accent, she has the best evil foreign accent tbqh.
>>
>Rey can force pull the lightsaber stronger than Kylo Ren can

Yeah okay. "He was wounded" doesn't apply here. It gets a pass during the duel because Rey is already skilled with a similar weapon. But that kind of force usage with literally not even one second of training is bullshit Mary Sue tier.

Couldn't possibly be more heavy handed with muh ebin stronk wymyn themes.
>>
>>63835892
Kek, did you watch the movie? He's obviously conflicted, and still feels the pull to the light but believes that he's in too deep to go back.
>>
>>63835892
His whole fucking scene with Han was him struggling to overcome the light and only use the darkside. It's the same as Luke struggling to overcome the dark and not finish off his father. See the parallel?
>>
>>63835985
i didn't find the force pull as bullshit as the persuasion bit

anyway kylo was kinda struggling there as he had just killed his father and didn't really want to kill rey so i can understand his force powers were a bit lacking
>>
>>63832556
I was actually really surprised at how much I liked Kylo. The way he acts? He's basically just some edgy kid that doesn't want to go to bed at a certain time and do his homework, and is rebelling against mom and dad. He wants people to think he's all hardcore and everything.
>>
>>63835892
>being in a country of clappers that stop people from being able to hear the movie
>>
>>63835985
The movie established early on that the lightsaber had chosen Rey, you faggot. Did you even watch the film?
>>
>>63834265
Yep thats why darth maul and saruman are only the best duelists in the whole saga
>>
>>63836045
Are sentient lightsabers the new midichlorians?
>>
File: e58.jpg (26 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
e58.jpg
26 KB, 500x370
>>63832801
>Taken from home and raised his entire life as a sodier of the galactic empire
>"Zero Training"

Lol
>>
>>63832649
Kylo was badly wounded (Chewbacca's weapon ain't no peashooter), had just been through a traumatic experience, was tired, and on top of it all he wasn't really sure about what the fuck he was doing. The movie makes it pretty clear that Kylo is just a pawn.

Rey had the lightsaber flashback, she probably saw more force-related shit than Kylo ever seen, and even he makes it pretty clear that the force is stronger in her than in him.
>>
>>63835995
>>63836013
Not to mention the scene with him and Vader's mask and talking about still feeling the light
>>
>>63836091
>just like babby jedi in the old republic

POETRY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>63836045
>The movie established early on that the lightsaber had chosen Rey
No it didn't and that's not how lightsabers work in any of the SW movies.
>>
>>63836091
The First Order trains Storm Troopers in lightsaber dueling?
>>
>>63836075
Possibly. Is there any precedent in the EU about them having Harry Potter wand qualities?
>>
>>63834708
>>63834948
I'd not mind that, desu.
>>
File: 145051336960.png (13 KB, 489x436) Image search: [Google]
145051336960.png
13 KB, 489x436
>>63836131
More likely with TR-8R's riot sticks
>>
>>63836131
Every military trains soldiers in close quarters combat.
>>
>>63834579
No that makes a shit villain. Hes an emo kid with saber.
At the beginning he was focused and powerful. He could stop blasters in mid air ffs. Not even vader did that.
Then hes a whiney teenager.
Why do we give a shit about him as a villlain? Hes like a cartoon villain that fails everytime due to his own retardedness
>>
>>63836127
Maz Kanata literally says it, you faggot. It fucking led her down a flight of steps and into a hallway before triggering multiple Force Visions after touching it. I don't know what else you want. There was zero ambiguity there.

>No it didn't and that's not how lightsabers work in any of the SW movies.
And there wasn't any mention of the Sith in the original trilogy and yet they're a critical part of the Star Wars mythos.
>>
>>63836131
do you honestly think stormtroopers wouldn't be trained in fucking close quarters when literally every other military in the world does
>>
>>63836164
TRAITOR
>>
>>63832649
All those pathetic, defensive replies attempting to explain the biggest Mary Sue of the series.
>>
>>63836013
Poetry. It rhymes.
>>
>>63836205
Because the movie was obviously trying to bait and switch. Beginning of the movie you think he's another Vader and then he takes off the mask, you see his babyface and how immature he really is. It makes his characterization interesting.

He is most likely going to become a face-scarred, calculating Sith after Snoke's training in ep VII anyway.
>>
File: Darth Vader.jpg (889 KB, 2048x1503) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader.jpg
889 KB, 2048x1503
>>63832556
The sad thing is that the majority of twists and story arcs were extremely predictable when you have seen the original trilogy or at least A New Hope.

Some might argue that JJ just wanted to show his appreciation of the first Star Wars movie by adding a lot of homages to his take on the series but this seems like a slim excuse.
I mean it's nice to revive the Star Wars movies but not with a blatant rehash of A New Hope.

Nonetheless it's solid movie with a pretty dark atmosphere which I like a lot. It still would have been better as it's own movie and not a continuation of the saga
>>
File: 1409725394090.gif (1 MB, 316x195) Image search: [Google]
1409725394090.gif
1 MB, 316x195
I like how Kylo was such an annoying cunt he becomes unlikable. Its pretty rare for a villain to do that.

Though I do think that him having a loving family and ignorant of Darth Vader's downfall was stupid but I think it will be explained in the other movies.

I think hes a better villain in the Star Wars franchise. The rest were cool, some with interesting potential and easy to like. Kylo Ren is just a fucking asshole.

Though I have a feeling in the 3rd movie he will "redeem himself" after Ghost Anikin calls him a faggot or something.
>>
>>63835316
totally going to happen.
>>
Wish we had gotten to see the knights of ren more. All it was implied was that they showed up with Kylo and helped kill the other Jedi in training. Kind of implies that they're also sort of badass if they can kill Jedi with regular old lances and swords
>>
>>63836205
He stopped one fucking blaster shot from a known position, from a known shooter, and you think he's hot shit?

It's just a fucking trick. Vader didn't do that because at the time CGI to make the shot wouldn't have been adequate, while deflecting blaster shots with a lightsaber was doable and cooler.

So, in short, his "blaster shot stopping" trick was just that: a fucking trick to impress people, because as you've seen he's an edgy emo kid with a saber. And that's his character role, really. He HAS to be pathetic, its his role in the movie.
>>
>>63836246

The force was calling he, not the fucking saber you dipshit.
>>
File: 1450552730197.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450552730197.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>>63836131
Apparently
>>
>>63836152
Objects and places have been strong with the dark side.

Why wouldn't the lightsaber of the pre-evil Aniken and Luke be strong with the light side, thus landing with Rey instead of Kylo when they were both pulling it in roughly the same direction anyway?
>>
>>63836277
>Not understanding that Luke was guiding her from across the Galaxy.

Anon, do you even pay attention at the movies or are you one of those people on their phones all the time?
>>
Kylo Ren being a reverse Luke Skywalker is the best part about the movie. Being on the young and on the dark side but still conflicted is great. Too bad the overall movie just is ok. He's interesting unlike most of the new characters.

I feel like JJs pitch was we have an exstorm trooper as our hero and the skywalker kid starts out on the dark side and a bunch of other stuff was tagged on. I almost wish it had no old characters except for the droids. No one could really develop.
>>
>>63836377

Vader could tank blaster fire anyway. Kylo stopping the shot was just him showing off, why would any trained Sith/Jedi expend the energy to stop blaster fire when you can deflect it easier? It was a rookie showing off.
>>
>>63836287
How much money on there being actual reverse Dagobah sequences in VIII where Snoke trains Kylo and talks to him about Sith philosophy.

Very little has been talked about in the movies about how Sith actually think. I see them as some sort of super Nietzscheans myself. So much could be done with it.
>>
>>63836377
The movie generally shot his use of force powers in a threatening and menacing way(almost all the main heroes looked at his displays with terror or amazement) . They may not be objectively very strong force powers, but they were a legitimate threat to the main heroes. This portrayal is reinforced by Han explicitly stating his power, the destruction of Luke's Jedi academy and the fact that he was trained by two presumed masters.
>>
>>63836378
Find the fucking script if you honestly can't remember Maz's line, bro. She literally says the lightsaber has chosen Rey. I don't know what to tell you if you think that's stupid.. It's canon now.

>>63836415
I mean, I suppose there are multiple ways to skin a cat so that could effectively be the same thing.
>>
>>63836377
Not to mention literally the first act of hte Force untrained Luke uses is moving a plasma beam.
>>
>>63832649
Han used a lightsaber in Empire

Lightsabers are weapons, not force only.

Like an amateur using a samurai's sword.
>>
>>63836498
Yeah, the moment they team up with Han Solo the movie starts to drag honestly.
>>
>>63836377
>his role is to be an edgy emo kid
10/10 writing
>>
>>63836596
This, lightsabers are just a better kind of sword. But in the hands of a non force sensitive using a sword is naturally stupid.

Doesn't mean they can't use it, it just means they can't use the force to compliment the lightsaber weaknesses.
>>
>>63834305
They drained the energy out of the sun to charge the laser cannon.
>>
What does the starkiller do once it's system's sun is gone?

And how did they survive on the surface of a planet with no sun?
>>
My only issue w Ren was them making him look retardedly weak when Rey fought him. She only just learns the force and had never wielded a lightsaber and she beats him down. Her and Finn should have had help from someone, I say Chewie should have gotten some revenge for Han but couldn't kill his freinds son and leaves him to escape the planet. We keep hearing how scary and tough wookiees are but we've never seen it on screen.
>>
>>63836205
Didn't Vader deflect the lasers Han Solo shot at him in V?
>>
>>63836723
It moves around. I'd say the sun eating thing is a better weapon than the shotgun death star, but the upside to having a whole galaxy to play with is that you'll never run out of stars to eat.
>>
>>63836693
Please tell me they destroy the entire solar system and not just one planet.
>>
>>63836930
Yup. It is a system destroyer now
>>
>>63832649

Look at all these anons giving a Sith lord excuses as if he was a kid playing truant at school. It's incredible how inept this dude was, he trained for years and got bested by two people who have just used a lightsaber for the first time. Forget thinking about how killing his dad would make him a better, more competent person. The Anakin bloodline really does have edgy-chlorians, I guess.
>>
>>63836930
Yeah, it throws a fuckhuge laser that splits and destroys the entire system
>>
>>63836609
Actually yes because he is a particular character. Polarizing maybe, but well written. I personally can't wait to see how he develops, he's obviously hugely conflicted and that means possibilities are endless.

He's not a one trick pony that will mindlessly follow orders.
>>
>>63836738
I keep seeing this a lot, but people are forgetting he was severely injured.

We're shown how Chewbacca's blaster literally blows shit up and Ren got hit by it full on. That's obviously a big impact on his abilities.
>>
>>63836738
Dude Rey has the whole lightsaber flashback thing. That's huge. She probably saw more force related stuff through that than Kylo ever did.
>>
>>63834265

yeah I'm with you on this. That really made me lose it and laugh, this guy trained so hard, bertrayed/killed a bunch of people, keeps his grandpa's mask for self-pity talks and seems like all his successful lightsaber duels are with fearsome control panels and unarmed old men.
>>
>>63833509
His tantrums are awesome. I love the two storm troopers who decide to turn around and walk the other way when kylo is raging out.
>>
>>63837074
Considering Luke's force vision on Degobah was literally the point when he became a Jedi, that seems very likely.
>>
>>63836498
>He's interesting unlike most of the new characters

When will this meme end?

>BB8 already better than R2 and C3PO combined
>Poe Dameron the most badass pilot in the galaxy, has endless charm
>Finn, conflicted trooper denying his lifes purpose imposed by tyrannical/merciless regime
>Rey, good acting, interested where the Luke thing is going to end up. Aside them the fact that yes, she is too good at everything and seems to have no flaws because muh women power.

3/4 main characters are top tier
>>
>>63837195
I also liked how they sort of gave a more weighty-earthy feel to lightsaber cuts now, like when he was raging in the control panels. They're not a cut-all weapon like in the PT.
>>
>>63836299
Perhaps it was predictable because the whole series is based on the monomyth and pretty much every hero's journey is just as predictable. To me it was different enough in the details that using a similar plot, which literally dozens of other movies have used before and after SW, didn't really affect my view of it.
>>
>>63837307
>Rey
>Good acting
Fucking hell. I wish I had the film to webm to blow you faggots out. Contrast her and Adam's acting in the lightsaber fight at the end where Kylo look of desperation was genuine opposite Ridley's blank stare and look of confusion.
>>
>>63837307
>When will this meme end?
Indeed plenty of other characters are interesting too.

Like Finn. He's a supposed bad guy who just decides to do the right thing and becomes a hero against everything that is expected of him. He makes that choice literally the moment we see him on screen, instead of at the very last moment like Anakin.

A reverse Anakin. It''s poetry.

But characters that become good or evil because of their choices are a million times more likeable than puppets moved around by fates and prophecies. It's basic storytelling that Lucas himself somehow forgot between his own trilogies.
>>
>>63837307
>BB-8
No. He was OK but he was not better than Threepio and Artoo combined, that's retarded. He was too on the nose and goofball.

>Poe
Probably reddit's second favorite character. Completely irritating and hokey; Like Han dialed up to 300

>Finn
Completely undermined and underutilized. Nothing but a big, useless pussy that has to be saved countless times, mostly by Rey, and seems like a child next to Poe. I'm really surprised they went the comic relief route they did with him, considering the progressive slant of the movie and film makers.

>Rey
Awful, pissing shit. Terrible, unfitting, lifeless acting, irritating and in your face girl power pandering and overall a shlockfest character. Can do no wrong and knows everything. Worst new character.
>>
>>63837517
Finn is supposed to be Han this trilogy
>>
>>63837603
>Threepio and Artoo combined, that's retarded. He was too on the nose and goofball.
Threepio is negative. Artoo is positive.

I'd say Threepio is about -4 and Artoo is +6.
Even if BB-8 is only +3, that makes him better than them combined, just not better than Artoo by himself.
>>
>>63837629
Poe feels like he fits that better than Finn
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 197x256
>>63836299
>Next movie will have a downer ending and look like the first Order will win
>3rd movie will have Kylo Ren redeem himself by destroying the first order in some way.

I still think its better than the poetry shit the prequels did. Watching it in number order makes watching the originals frustrating since they recycle almost every scene and you notice it.
>>
>>63832556
why do I find him so sexy
>>
>>63837708
You find faces attractive, and thus are attracted to the fact he has so much face to give.
>>
>>63837708
i was about to post this
>>
>>63837670
Poe got Han's charismatic trait
Finn got Han's story arc from ANH
>>
>>63837670
Pretty much this. Poe should have been a main in this movie instead of Finn.
I don't have nothing against Finn, but at least the chemistry with Rey would have been better.
>>
>>63837670
Neither are anything like Han. If Poe had a counterpart in the old movies it's Biggs. Just an ace rebel pilot.

Finn is something new as far as I can tell.
>>
>>63837708
I don't find him attractive out of character at all, but I feel ya, anon. I'd sick Kylo Ren's dick. Just not Adam's.
>>
>>63837865
Nah. All the 3 main character are present in TFA. They just got their traits jumbled up and thrown into the new trio.
>>
Poe = Starbuck
Finn = Boomer
>>
>>63837886
He would make you choke using the penis.
>>
>>63832556
He should've been an obsessed and insane psycho nerd, not some pussy faggot.

And yes I realize he'll be better in later movies, thats why its so fucking bad. Its obvious as hell.
>>
>>63837984
I want him to get angry and let me relieve him of his frustrations.
>>
i still think like anakins saber, ended up being like a holocron/force object or some shit. its been through a lot and has been around for a very long time. i just like thinking of it that way
>>
So what the hell was the "Awakening" that Snoke mentioned? I still don't really know what the title of the movie refers to.
>>
Somebody next to me in the theater whispered to her friend, in the scene where he unmasked, "he looks like Snape."

i can't fucking unsee it now.
>>
>>63838063
He's talking about R2 waking up from his slumber.
>>
>>63838063
There's just some general surge of light side in the galaxy that they could feel. It will manifest itself in the next movie, probably through Rey.
>>
>>63836378

Then it was the force that pulled the saber to her instead of kylo :^)
>>
i was waiting for the john williams binary sunset the whole movie, and they only used it at the end for a few seconds. was good though
>>
>>63836647
Please stop it. You have no idea how using a sword works. A sword is balanced between blade and hilt (depending on type) while a lightsaber is made of fucking light. It's not the same fucking thing and it's not intuitive. Finn should have been totally assblasted the moment he tried shit on a force user no matter what kind of shenanigans were going on.

Rey obviously gets a pass because she is a stronger force user.
>>
>>63838305
wait, the planet Luke's on orbits a binary star?

That really hurts the theory that it's Rakata Prime.
>>
I liked everything about Kylo Ren except his Jewface. Too awkward looking. Every time he had his helmet on though, A+.
>>
i really liked the apocalypse now-esque shot with the tie fighters over the red setting sun
>>
>>63836173
>>63836251
>FN2187 is a stormtrooper
>huur can't use glowstick
>>
>>63833324

Rey will end up using Luke sword after he dies in episode VIII
kylo Ren will come back to the bright side and die doing so just like Vader

screencap this
>>
OUTER
>>
>>63832649
DUDE MIDICHLORIANS LMAO.
>>
>>63832801
You still forget there is a mistical thing called force.
>>
>>63832801
You are still forgeting that his training was not complete. Prolly cause Snoke did not believe that he had embraced the dark side. Up until the moment he killed is father he was just a fan boy. He does not even have the respect that people had towards vader at the time.
>>
>>63835393

He was being cocky or just trying to keep his pride. If you were a Vader Wannabe, trained by a dark lord, and some random trooper was wielding a lightsaber in front of you what would a prick do? Force chocking him would almost mean "I can't beat you in combat" and he was not going to give Finn that.
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.