[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they giving Star Wars 8 direction to a guy with 3 movies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: rian johnson.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
rian johnson.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
Why are they giving Star Wars 8 direction to a guy with 3 movies, best known of them beeing Looper?
>>
Because they did the same thing with empire strikes back.
>>
George wasn't exactly a seasoned director when he made Star Wars either, they're happy with the ideas he pitched them I bet`
>>
Anyone who can pull a decent movie out of Bruce Willis is worth ten decent movies.
>>
>letting budget Christopher Nolan direct a Star Wars movie
>not bringing the proven and reliable JJ back for IX
Franchise reboot is dead in the water
>>
>>63826224
and even more so with Return of the Jedi
>>
>>63826201

GLIB
>>
>>63826236
Lucas spent the entire OT fighting for creative control. Studioman was gary kurtz in anh, so lucas switched to producer, studio empowered director, so lucas switched to executive producer because that sounded more official, and ended up with almost no creative control.

It's the main reason he waited so long to make the prequels.
>>
>>63826201
Because they need a director drone to wig his tail at thier orders, not some talented, assertive director with an actual vision
>>
>>63826242
JJ agreed to only do the first one. Nobody in thier right mind would like to be c u c ked by Disney for 3 movies
>>
>>63826277

FACSIMILE
>>
I wonder if he'll have Shane Carruth as an advisor again

JJ had Pegg
Johnson'll have Carruth
>>
>>63826684
fuck you stop giving me boners
>>
>>63826201
>Missed the breaking bad fly episode
>>
>>63826684
Oh god that could be beautiful
>>
>>63826684
Shane is a bigshot director too now. Rian only asked him for his ideas for Looper because Shane was unemployed at the time trying to finish Upstream Color and shopping his scripts around.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.