[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey Kylo I should let you know Vader gave up and came to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
>Hey Kylo I should let you know Vader gave up and came to the light once he realized the dark side wasn't worth it and family comes first
>now don't you go killing your dad and stuff k mate?
>ok lets continue training.
>>
>>63825613
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63825613

Seriously, nobody realizes how stupid this shit is.

At least Caedus didn't have to deny Vader redeemed himself
>>
>>63826621
Kylo didn't deny it either. It was never brought up. It's possible he considers Vader to be a seperate entity from Anakin.
>>
>>63825613
kylo fucking knows vader came back to the light

he views it as vader's biggest failure and tells himself he wont let the same thing happen to him

idiots
>>
>>63826666
Impressive
>>
>>63826642
he idolizes vader as a sith lord and as his grandfather
>>
>>63826666
Yeah, what scene was that mentioned in again?
>>
>>63826666

why idolize a failure if you know he was so?
>>
>>63826730
the visual guide released on amazon today

JJ subscribes to the George Lucas school of being terrified of both elaboration and worldbuilding
>>
>>63826740
why do people like hitler?
>>
>>63825613

You have basically just described why Kylo Ren is a shit character. The reason that Vader worked as a grey character is he cared about his family. But when Kylo doesn't even care about that he becomes a completely irredeemable villian. To some people who aren't normies (there seem to be quite a few here these days) having an obvious good guy like Rey that the story shoves down your throat as the only person you can root for against can be a bit annoying.
>>
Look how many edgelords in America shoot up their school, they know all about family values and probably got live from.them but they want to do something crazy anyway,.
>>
>>63826758
>Visual Guide

That's some lazy shit tbqh
>>
File: kylo ren.jpg (702 KB, 2560x1529) Image search: [Google]
kylo ren.jpg
702 KB, 2560x1529
>>63826758
>>63826730
>>63826740
>>63826785
here
>>
File: KnightsOfRen_TFA.png (266 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
KnightsOfRen_TFA.png
266 KB, 500x375
>implying Kylo was the Knight of Ren who was actually responsible for the destruction of Luke's school
>implying he wasn't just a follower of the actual traitor, the most powerful Jedi of the new generation
>>
>>63826785
>Implying Rey wont turn evil and Ren turns good, but dies.

The final battle will probably be Finn V Rey, with Finn not able to use the Force.
>>
>>63826846
this is actually a glimpse of the future
>>
>>63826850

> Disney's good two shoes do no wrong Mary Sue character Rey will turn to the dark side

lol this is disney
>>
>>63826785

But he cares about his familia, it was clearly shown!

When he talked to Han in that bridge he wasnt lying, he was infact telling the whole truth. He did want to go back with his dad and leave everything behind, but he also wanted to begin sith training and be a real dark sider.

That's why he says he's being torn apart, and asks for Han to help him (to help him kill him so he can begin training)

Kylo cares for his family (that's also why he's easy with Rey) but he knows that was the final test for his training to begin, and he chose to become a sith instead.

It was pretty well done, and for all the shit TFA has I think Kylo Ren and his scenes are perhaps the least bad of all (and even very good)
>>
>>63826821
Where does that mention Vader?
>>
>>63826846

You have not watched the film have you?

That is not Rey, just some random Knight of Ren.

Rey is in front of the group, in a vision. Kylo looks at her and tries to kill her.

That's not fucking Rey, what a stupid theory
>>
>>63826905
top left god damn corner you blind ape
>>
File: Fixd.png (206 KB, 761x351) Image search: [Google]
Fixd.png
206 KB, 761x351
http://strawpoll.me/6306021/r
>>
>>63826874
Yeah, you're probably right. My idea will probably be better than what they shit out.
>>
>>63826930
>/r

one job
>>
>>63826821

Do you have the picture explaining the structure of the New Republic (decentralised senate)?
>>
>>63826986
i got that pic off /tv/ so no
>>
>>63826959
lol here ya go I fixed it http://strawpoll.me/6306021
>>
>>63826863
>>63826911
>implying it's not her force projecting into her own past
>>
>>63826918
Yeah, my bad.

Still doesn't imply that he considers it "Vaders biggest failure" though, does it. Are you the sort of autist that always rants on about source books, visual guides and EU shit?
>>
Why the fuck didn't Anakin's force-ghost tell Kylo himself?

>Hey, stop worshipping my old breathing device. That shit ain't healthy, kid. I was more machine than man for most of my adult life for god's sake, do you really think that was a great life? Come on, take off those emo clothes and let's go have some ice-cream with Luke, what do you say?
>>
>>63827010
im not the guy you originally responded to
>>
>>63827027
Kylo isn't strong enough in the force to perceive force ghosts.
>>
>>63826883

Your argument that he cares for his family is that he said so. Have you ever heard the phrase actions speak louder then words, anon? He killed his father
>>
what if Luke is Snoke
>>
File: Sherlock.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>63826821
>the dark side flows through kylo ren, making him an almost unstoppable force on the field of battle
>his reflexes and telekinetic defenses are immense blabla can stop a blaster bolt in midair

Yeah they sure showed that in TFA
>>
>>63826821

that just makes his worshiping vader's skull seem stupid and unnecessarily dramatic
>>
>>63827027

Its a shit story. The whole thing is a shit story. Why should Anakin even need to do that himself? Where the fuck is Luke? At best they have some bullshit reason to explain why Luke is being shoved into Yoda's plotline as part of their completely nonsensical rehash of the original trilogy.
>>
>>63827027
Kylo is too much of a fuccboi to be worth appearing to and Anakin knew he was incompetent, so leaves him alone.

Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin are probably laughing their asses off at BTFO Ren
>>
File: mule.png (265 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
mule.png
265 KB, 500x300
>>63825644
Hehe.. meme.
>>
>>63827128
>implying that plot device will ever EVER be used
>>
>>63827128
They probably just trolling him.
>>
>>63825613
He probably kept it from kylo until snoke turned him to the dark side
>>
>>63827088
they forgot mention his only weakness: bad writing
>>
This isn't fucking hard to grasp. Anakin was originally swayed by the dark side. Kylo believed that Darth Vader was swayed by the light, which was his downfall. Thus, he pledges to not be swayed and finish what he started.
>>
>>63827088
The dude just got done killing Han and was still stressed out over it.
>>
>>63827361
>the dark side flows through Kylo Ren

If that was true it would mean killing dad = super power, that's how Star Wars works
>>
>>63827398
That super power was busy keeping him alive after he took the hit from the wookie crossbow shot that sent everyone else flying.
>>
>>63827051

But he was crying

What the fuck are you 12?
>>
>>63827533
The bowcaster was actually inconsistent as fuck. Everyone is saying they showed it to be extremely powerful but it was pretty up in the air whether it was stopped by or exploded terrain, whether it blew up multiple people or just knocked one back, etc.

I can see they obviously demonstrated it to be powerful so they could justify Kylo's defeat at the end, but it was also kind of retarded that Han kept borrowing it and praising it up. He and Chewie have been smuggling together for dozens of years, he would be completely familiar with it.
>>
>>63827533
>after he took the hit

After he took the hit he should naver have taken
>>
>>63825613
He knows this and feels Vader gave into temptation from the Light side.

He is always referring to the light side as being the temptation not the dark side.
>>
>>63827603
Nigga got sniped. Ain't no shame in that.
>>
>>63825613
Kylo seems to be some kind of reversal of the usual Jedi temptation story. He's a bad guy that's tempted to be good. It sounds and feels really fucking stupid. What does he have urges to help people out and not napalm entire villages?
It seems like Kasdan & Abrams trying to be clever and patting themselves on the back with what a cool new thing they created. But it makes no sense. Why is this guy evil? He has no motivation for it Snoke seduced him or something. But what kind of a sales pitch could he give him that he turned his back on his entire family? What's the fucking carrot here?
>>
>>63825644
Of The Hidden Fortress, so?
>>
>>63826911
Hello Disney, sorry to ruin the reveal.
>>
>>63826821
Why do they never put an on/off button on these lightsaber schematics? Anakin/Luke saber had like nine buttons and none of them were deisngated ofr turning the bloody thing on.
>>
>>63827660
"immense reflexes" and force precognition means that should never have happened

Same thing in the prequels when clones turn on their generals, somehow only yoda manages to sense something is wrong
>>
>>63827690
An interesting twist would be that Snoke gave him knowledge of some great evil about to wipe out the Galaxy, like the Vong or something, and that only through using the power of the dark side could he hope to defeat them. He's torn between doing evil things for the greater good, or enjoying a simple and peaceful life but knowing that it, and everyone else's, is limited.

Doubt that they thought of that though.
>>
>>63826821
>accusing finger

TOP LEL
>>
>>63827599
>He and Chewie have been smuggling together for dozens of years, he would be completely familiar with it.

Fuck. The more I see of this movie, the more I realize it has plot holes like this and the more I hate it.

This movie has more holes than the fucking Titanic got.
>>
>>63827690

read up on personality disorders and none of the shit in this movie seems out of place. Ren totally seems to have BPD.
>>
>>63827010

Lol. You really sound like a dumb angry cunt.
>>
File: slavoj-zizek1[1].jpg_ffd6b1.jpg (22 KB, 255x364) Image search: [Google]
slavoj-zizek1[1].jpg_ffd6b1.jpg
22 KB, 255x364
>>63825613
>Hey Kylo *sniff* I should let you know Vader gave up and came to the light *sniff* once he realized the dark side was just pure ideology, and so on, and so on
>it's like an old joke we have on Tatooine, where a guy fucks him mother-in-law in the darkness *sniff* and he thinks "why is she so hairy?" *sniff* but it turns out that she is just a wookiee *brushes nose* and so on
>>
>Rey, did I ever tell you about that time I kissed Leia, who turned out to be my sister? She was a good friend.
>>
>>63829572
>implying Luke ever kissed anyone

Dude was a wimp.
>>
>>63825613
When you become a Jedi Master, you slowly turn into John Ritter, I guess.
>>
File: c'mon guys, my turn now..jpg (59 KB, 736x653) Image search: [Google]
c'mon guys, my turn now..jpg
59 KB, 736x653
>>63829709
>>
>>63827008
>her past is just a fabrication
>they're ripping off the plot of KOTOR
good god that could actually be true
>>
>>63827756
Is this nigga seriously bitching that Jedi aren't invincible.
>>
>>63826740
why are there neonazis?
>>
>>63827756
his defenses were down from just killing his dad
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.