[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American here, saw it twice. Audiences clapped for: >Han and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: comp-mark-hamill-copy.png (540 KB, 748x498) Image search: [Google]
comp-mark-hamill-copy.png
540 KB, 748x498
American here, saw it twice. Audiences clapped for:
>Han and Chewbacca
>Leia
>C-3PO
>R2-D2

Audiences did not clap for:
>Luke

Why not Luke?
>>
>>63822864
People cheered for the falcon reveal, which was great.
>>
They were all clapped out?
>>
>>63822864
They wanted to go home
>>
Becuse he JUST for so long, nobody recognizes him.
>>
>>63822864
they were annoyed and disappointed he left his friends to go mope about his failure in some planet.
>>
>>63822864
There was actually fairly little clapping in my theater. My theater is fairly low-capacity, though. I bet if these two stats were charted we'd see a correlation.
>>
Probably because they realized his role in the movie was just a cock tease.

Also
>clapping in the movie theater
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 620x466) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 620x466
Oh no, they're not clapping for a 30 second scene? Burn the negative!
>>
File: CVG.jpg (44 KB, 599x335) Image search: [Google]
CVG.jpg
44 KB, 599x335
>>63822864
>>63822889
How ignorant do you have to be in order to make necessary noise during a movie in a cinema.

Very disrespectful to the others who are trying to watch.
>>
>>63823034
Unnecessary
>>
>>63823034
I didn't clap at all. I was just curious why Luke didn't warrant applause if the audience was just happy to see OT characters
>>
>>63823147
because it was a quiet, sort of tense scene and people didn't want to miss any dialogue
>>
>>63822864
a glib facsimile
>>
They were probably more confused over whether that was Luke or not.
>>
Nobody clapped during the movie when I watched it because we aren't retarded americlaps. But everyone clapped at the end of the movie, something that I had never seen happen where I live, the movie delivered well.
>>
>>63825399
>We are here to help the Vietnamese because they'res an American trying to get out
>>
>>63822864
They did at the theatre I was at.
>>
>>63825448
what
>>
>>63822864
Norwegian here.
No clapping, some laughing(military style), some burkas.
After the movie ended we had to pray to Allah.
I hate this place...
>>
>>63825491
It's a q-quote.... you k-know... f-from a m-movie...

Sorry, my autism is flaring this morning
>>
I'm in the English North, here no-one claps during but they usually clap after if it was good. Everyone laughed when Ben took his mask of the first time, and there were people laughing when he was trying to dominate Rey. No-one clapped at the end.
>>
My audience clapped for Luke
>>
Making any kind of voluntary noise during the screening of a movie should be a cardinal sin.

You applaud and cheer, why? In other situations it would be to show your approval to those performing for you. Do you think Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford are in the cinema there with you?

No. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63822864
Clapping for straight white man is racist, sexist and problematic.
>>
>>63822864
a glib facsimile
>>
Imagine filming the final scene
Mark Hamill stands there and turns around to Rey but he slips and falls on his ass, then he tries to get up again but slips on the wet rocks and grass and falls down again saying "oh dammit this hurts ouch"
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5 KB, 337x149) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5 KB, 337x149
>>63822864
We were all in awe at how bad ass Luke looked

Like Macho Man Randy Savage entering the ring
>>
>>63825575
>Everyone laughed when Ben took his mask of the first time
I keep reading this. Is this scene even supposed to be comedic?
>>
>get paid $13 million dollars for 30 seconds of screen time and no dialog

Is Mark Hamil now the highest paid actor?
>>
>>63825646
I bet he made more money than John and Daisy combined for this movie
>>
>>63825588
It's a fucking Star Wars flick, friend. You really need all your senses glued to the screen to absorb the pottery?

I usually find that shit obnoxious too but seeing it in a packed theater with claps and cheers from such a crowd was great fun. It's not like you're going to be able to replicate seeing it like that again. If you wanna sperg out and watch it in absolute solitude in your cum-scented, soundproof dungeon, you can do that any time you wish.
>>
>>63825620
Beardmode Luke is best Luke
>>
>>63825634
No, I already knew what he looked like so I didn't laugh. But a lot of people weren't aware and thought it was funny. People laughed at the comedic scenes, too. Some of them, atleast, like when BB uses the lighter for a thumbs up and when Kylo is chimping out and the Stormtroopers on patrol do a 180 and walk away.
>>
some people clapped at the end when credits rolled in but what was hilarious was that the entire audience burst into laughter when Kylo took off his mask
>>
>>63825620
Is Hamil the first actor in all of history to completely unJUST himself?
>>
>>63822889
>went to morning show
some claps for falcon, chewie and han
hardly any for the ending credits.
Zero fucks for Leia
>>
>>63823034
very dry anon
>>
>>63822889
falcon reveal was probably the most successfully accomplished bone throw
>>
>>63825704
Disney magic at its best. Memelord Pratt did a pretty good job but he's young and it wasn't nearly as noteworthy.
>>
>>63825634
It's because people are dumb plebs desu, they can't even grasp a watered down Star Wars movie, if you're wondering why movies are getting worse it's because people are dumb
>>
>>63822864
>saw it twice
how to spot a pleb
>>
>>63825752
>disney magic

more like he had a personal trainer that screamed at him for a few months so he wouldn't look like shatner when filming and earning a few million for 30 seconds of no dialogue
>>
>>63825503
when did /tv/ become the funniest board?
>>
>>63825704
mark hamil: smashed fresh. served delicious.
>>
>>63825681

Unfortunately my dungeon doesn't have a screen that's anywhere close to the size or resolution of one in a cinema.

I want people to be respectful of the fact that I have paid money to come and watch a film, and expect not to be interrupted or distracted by their whooping and screaming. You wouldn't put up with two people having a quite conversation throughout a film, so why on earth should the loud and obnoxious yelling and clapping every time something "nostalgic" happens.

Laughing/Yelping (In a horror) is fine though. If it's and involuntary reaction I'm not going to be a dick about it.
>>
>>63825746
>>63822889
Did it bother anybody else that a perfectly good Millennium Falcon just happens to be laying around, in more or less working order, with the (metaphorical) keys in it... on a planet full of scavengers who make a living sniffing out working technology and who break down ruined technology to barter for quarter portions of protein?
>>
>>63825905
There are at least five different lines stating the Falcon was falling apart and they had to keep doing shit to get it working. They also explicitly state it had been on the planet for a while and hasn't flown in years.

It was regarded as junk back in IV too, set 30 years prior.
>>
>.. in 14 parsecs..
>in 12! pff.. 14..

haha epic Han!!
>>
Who the fuck are they clapping at?

Why the fuck you would clap after a movie
>>
Our registered theatre shooter machine-gunned six people when Han and Chewie came on, but sat down quietly and reloaded during the scene with Luke.
>>
>>63822864
literally
>"I am Khan!"
>Audience: "Who?"
>>
Guys go to filthy casuals dot TV to watch some comfy shit and chat with bros this fine weekend
>>
>tfw gonna see the movie a second time tonight, this time in the original version
>>
>>63822864
They clapped for Luke here.
>>
>>63826034
Someone better run that "It's 12!" line alongside "part time" whenever a decent rip comes along
>>
>>63826002
>five different lines stating the Falcon was falling apart and they had to keep doing shit to get it working.

Yes they had to cobble together shit to keep it in the sky, but despite lines describing it as junk, it was still perfectly serviceable for a high-performance flight with imperial tie fighters in pursuit, after which it was able to go into orbit and capable of at least limping out of the system.

That seems pretty robust for junk, and if it hasn't flown in years, well... why? It sure fired right up as soon as Rey got in the cockpit. And as I mentioned, the goddamn keys are in the fucker. Its just sitting out there in the field behind the settlement, gathering dust, with the goddamn (metaphorical) keys in it, surrounded by a culture of scrappers and thieves... As I said, the whole economy of the planet seems to be scrapping so such a ship would either be in use or ripped to shreds by the tech vultures.

I'm capable and willing to throw out some suspension of disbelief and also to allow some creative leeway in order to get the story told, but seriously, come the fuck on.
Its an obnoxiously cheap and lazy way to throw the old bird back into the mix at the beginning of the movie, and really we're not supposed to think about that, we're just supposed to laugh and sneer at the fat, corrupt portion dispenser guy who runs out and yells "HEY THAT'S MINE!".

seriously...

but just so I don't sound like a total crank... Kylo Ren was pretty convincingly terrifying... I am really into masks and I like the beat-up, beak-like quality his has got. Also, I find him most threatening when he speaks more softly, as is certainly the intent of the screenwriter... his temper tantrums cast light on one source of his power, that being his bitter, pissed-off rage monster, but he is most threatening when he is cold and tightly under control, suggesting that the "final" version we see of him after he "completes his training" will have shed the fits of impotent rage.
>>
>>63826313
>that the "final" version we see of him after he "completes his training" will have shed the fits of impotent rage.
Until Rey pisses him of in a popcorn moment that is
>>
>>63822956
This

Everyone in the galaxy is searching and looking for him to help but he wanted the NEET life.
>>
I was busy crying like a little gril when Luke apperars.
>>
There's video evidence of people clapping during that scene
>>
>>63822864
Brazil here.
People cheered and laughed at all appropriate moments.
>>
>>63826420
Same here.
>>
I just read the script for episode 8

It begins with Rey handing Luke the saber, but still holding onto it so they both have a hand on it. Luke says "I'm so sorry for leaving you behind on Jakku, my beloved daughter..." and Rey, remembering all the anger she felt over being left behind all by herself ignites the saber which goes straight through Luke's heart, killing him

WARNING SPOILERS
>>
File: Untitled16.jpg (50 KB, 502x417) Image search: [Google]
Untitled16.jpg
50 KB, 502x417
>>63822864

I fucking hate this shit.

We're not at the fucking premier, who the fuck are you clapping for? I'm not seeing TFA until later today, but I saw RotS two weeks after release and people were clapping and cheering.

Are these fuckers autistic?

am I?
>>
>>63826313
it did belong to the local gang boss. and it sounds it was stolen no that many years ago. it's less unlikely for Falcon to be in good shape than Rey being some kind of genius able to do any task at hand from instant repair skills to advanced sword fighting, or force use.
>>
>>63826313
Nah I get what you're saying. However, like the other movies, we're thrown into it mid-story, with most of the finer details relegated to imagination (or shitty EU explanations).

We don't know the portion pig's deal. What's his security like? Why didn't anybody try to steal his food if they were literally starving? If he could keep that locked down he could presumably keep his ship from getting nabbed.
>>
>>63826506
>>63826609
yarp
>>
Oh yeah... Where did Finn get Poe's fucking jacket? He was wearing that jacket when he got into that tie fighter, and any time I've ever been obliterated in a starship crash my jacket stayed on the charred remains of my torso. THAT'S HOW JACKETS WORK!

How did Finn get a hold of Poe's jacket without having to clean out bits of torso?

And then later when Poe is miraculously alive... Are you fucking kidding me?
"I got thrown from the crash and when I woke up you were gone"

Finn and the droid didn't look around in the empty dessert for chunks of their pilot/master? Come the fuck on! Where the fuck did Finn get Poe's jacket from if not from scavenging it off his dead, definitely dead corpse?
>>
>>63827053
When Poe was kicked out of the ship during the crash the jacket flew off of him and remained near the ship while Poe himself landed 500 miles away
>>
>/tv/edditors ACTUALLY paid money to see this shit
>being tricked into thinking you have to see the movie to judge it
>actually liking star wars

good goyim, buy more star wars shit this christmas
>>
>>63827135
thanks, I will
looking at a $250 luke figure right now
>>
>>63827091
>Poe himself landed 500 miles away

Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>63822864
I'm guessing because it was the dramatic ending of the movie, an emotional moment. Not something you clap for. Whereas Han Solo's first appearance was like in those sitcoms. "hey guys it's me, han solo".

I mean i assume, we don't clap at a fucking screen where I'm from.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.