[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw this comment on leddit, and it actually makes a lot of sense.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (41 KB, 904x289) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41 KB, 904x289
Saw this comment on leddit, and it actually makes a lot of sense.

Rey is not actually a Mary Sue, she's Luke's daughter (As evidenced by the small doll of Luke she has in her camp) and he hid her away to stop her from becoming corrupted. That's also why he hid himself away, to keep Kylo Ren from getting into his mind.
>>
>>63821140
Hello reddit! xD
>>
All that matters is what happens onscreen and throughout the duration of TFA, Rey is a Mary Sue. Which isn't to say it's a bad movie, it's just a valid criticism.
>>
>>63821140
This is obvious and will become more apparent thus coming days. It's a little confusing and takes a little bit of piecing it together, but makes perfect sense.

It just went over a lot of peoples heads like mine on the first viewing.
>>
> le op on faggit
DIE
>>
>>63821173
Is she really a Mary Sue though? Her powers awaken after coming into contact with Maz, who obviously has the power to awaken some latent memories and open up her force powers. That makes sense, and she does basic mind control on one dude and force-pulls a saber. That's not far off from Luke being able to destroy the death star with his own force abilities.

Apart from that, we already saw she was a great fighter when she beat up the dudes trying to capture BB-8, so her abiltiy to fight off a wounded, tired Kylo Ren makes sense.
>>
File: luke.jpg (498 KB, 1024x761) Image search: [Google]
luke.jpg
498 KB, 1024x761
>>63821140
i havent watched it yet, can you tell me were these spoilers (pic related) accurate at all?
>>
>>63821518
No, that's incredibley inaccurate, Luke does not enter the Avatar State at any point.

It's true that the Empire wants Luke for his powers, but that's about it.
>>
>>63821619
what about the bits about lukes self-isolation, rey (why shes off on her own), and kylo?

(i wasnt putting too much stock in the whole "avatar state" part)
>>
>I thought it was s-s-shit but I went second time to chekc for sure and it's n-not. Thank you b-b-b-based Disney.
oh reddit
>>
>>63821689
Luke has less than a minute of screen time. He apparently went into isolation after Kylo somehow fucked up all his efforts to recreate the Jedi order.

It never goes into detail about how he did this, but he's shown to be highly incompetent the entire film so maybe he had help.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.