[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just a reminder he is set to play Roland Deschain in the Dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: elba.jpg (25 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
elba.jpg
25 KB, 590x350
Just a reminder he is set to play Roland Deschain in the Dark Tower adaptation..

you know the main character who 100% of readers imagine to look like some Clint Eastwood type of dude
>>
I honestly think this man should play every male character in cinema until the day he dies. Everyone else should just quit
>>
>>63821084

It's not their problem if readers are racist and automatically assume every character to be white.

You know I'm starting to agree with hollywood casting people of color disproportionally.

When a white child reads a book and automatically assumes a character (of which there is no mention of race) is white, then cultural racism will live on.
>>
>>63821084
I don't mind him but I'm not happy about that. Admittedly I expect it to be shit anyway so I don't really care at all.
>>
Really they should cgi him as every character, I won't settle for less
>>
>>63821084
Seriously, is there anything this man can't do?
>>
>>63821084
He is literally a racist though, how will this make sense in the film?
>>
File: finnontherun.jpg (188 KB, 796x571) Image search: [Google]
finnontherun.jpg
188 KB, 796x571
>>63821084
its time to boycott this madness.

stop the white genocide
>>
>>63821084
Its over we lost the Jews run the world and they've got to the point were they are shoving in our faces; if you don't think this is forced multiculturalism you have no hope.
>>
>>63821217
I am all for Elba being Roland.

That being said. It is very clearly stated in DT series that Roland is white and even Stephen King has said himself that the character was based on and looks like Clint Eastwood. Again, I'm all for Elba even if it does muddle some things with Susannah assuming they still make her black, which would almost completely change the character if they didn't.
>>
I'm far more concerned that Mathew Mconaheyidontgiveafucktolearnhowtospellhisnameright is playing the Man in Black. That's almost certainly gonna ruin it for me. Not that he's a completely terrible actor. But he's just the farthest thing from being the right choice for this part.
>>
>>63821854
Mathew Mconanagoldandelion is popular for a reason. Don't underestimate
>>
>>63821887
His abs tbqh.
>>
>>63821887
I just have a hard time believing him when he has to play someone intelligent.
>>
>>63821854
Are you kidding? He was born to play him.
>>
>>63821084
They only did that for the polemic. Nobody was giving two shits about Dark Tower. Now it's on the map again.
>>
>>63821217
The character is described as white in the book.

Liberals are the biggest fucking racists on the planet. Because you NEVER want racism to end.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.