[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder this guy force froze a laser blast mid-flight. He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2
File: kylo-ren.jpg (12 KB, 620x259) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren.jpg
12 KB, 620x259
Reminder this guy force froze a laser blast mid-flight.

He's going to be God tier in VIII and IX
>>
>>63820158
I like how he suddenly turned into a sissy for no apparent reason.
>>
>>63820174
He was in pain
>>
>>63820209
It happened before he was shot. Remember how Rey was able to read his mind.
>>
>He's going to be God tier in VIII and IX

I thought he died???
>>
>>63820209
>Pulls off the mask
>It's extremely painful
BRAVO
>>
>>63820158
he got defeated by a nigger with no training and a girl with no training also
>>
>>63820209
KEK what a fag.

All you need to do to defeat him is shoot him once with a blaster.

The fact that Finn and Rey even lasted as long as they did is a joke. He could have force choked or lighteninged them to death instantly. He didn't even execute Finn properly, who is a traitor.
>>
>>63820263
He fucked the nigger up though.
>>
>>63820234
Nah he's still alive. Snoke ordered to have him retrieved, to finish his training.
>>
>>63820263
After being injured and Rey is a mary sure so of course she won.
>>
>>63820158
He just has to finish his training, and then he'll move from angsty edgelord to an actual threat
>>
>>63820268
Kyle Ren is low tier. He's Luke in Empire at best. The dude never had any type of opposition and when shit hit the fan he got btfo by Rey. Plus I think there's more to Rey's past then were led on.
>>
>>63820158
I really liked that they showed new Force powers instead of relying on the old classics.

He doesn't even Force choke people. He like Force pulls them over to them and then chokes them regular style, like a fucking man.
>>
>>63820363
He's Luke if Luke went dark side. Remember, dark side isn't stronger, but it is quicker, so Kylo learned the cool shit faster.
>>
>>63820293
>Snoke

Honestly the worse name they could've used. Did Lucas put that forward?
>>
>>63820431
That scene in the forest when he stops Mary with the Force and puts his big red lightsaber on her face was great.
>>
>>63820431
But Force pull is an old power.
>>
>>63820458
Nah. Lukas' names are poetic.
>>
>>63820158

A 6'3 man who got wrecked by an untrained 5'7 skinny girl is going to be "god tier". What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63820500
>Sheev
>Jar Jar Binks
>>
>>63820158
He will learn how to turn off the other dude's lightsaber in the next movie.
>>
Everyone saying Rey is untrained. It's starting to look more like Rey was trained but forgot it all and is slowly remembering it.
>>
>>63820621
Bravo
>>
>>63820621
I always figured she had experience. With her stick.

In the beginning of the movie she carries that around.
>>
>>63820598
>>63820598
>realize the only normal name in the entire series is lucas using his own.
>>
You are seeing things wrong.
Rey may not have been trained in the force, but she could kick ass before a lightsaber as well, so it was a matter of having the right weapon now.

Now... how the hell did Fin (a soldier mostly trained to shoot blasters, i assume) put a fight against motherfucking Ren?
>>
>>63820621

> It's starting to look more like Rey was trained but forgot it all and is slowly remembering it.

And you memers say the EU is bad?
>>
>>63820832
>it's clearly shown that she was abandoned when she was like 5
>DUDE SHE RECEIVED TRAINING LMAO

She lived in the desert with all those scumbags, she simply knew how to defend herself
>>
>>63820747
What I was asking myself in the theater is why didn't he just windmill slam Finn into a tree with the force?

I mean he literally just did it with Rey. Just because he pulls out a lightsaber you have to duel him?
>>
>>63820931
>I mean he literally just did it with Rey. Just because he pulls out a lightsaber you have to duel him?
Yes, actually. He probably enjoy beating someone that way.
>>
>>63820931
Let's assume honor or some shit. It's not like Fin has any connection to the force whatsoever.

But yeah, Ren should have rekt him in 2 seconds.
>>
>>63820747
He didn't, though.
>>
>>63821024
He wasn't cut in half in the first 2 seconds. That's putting up a fight to me, to some extent. Wouldn't you agree?
>>
>>63820431
This. I don't get why nobody's talking about this. We've seen people read minds with the Force before, but never mindrape like Kylo does to Poe. Also it's pretty fucking badass how he freezes people.
>>
>>63820158
but he died bro
>>
>>63820747
He was really fucking mad and Kylo was crippled at that point from getting shot by a gun that sends people flying.
>>
why didnt he do this for chewbaccas shot that hit him
>>
>>63821106
He was distracted and in emotional pain from having just killed his own dad.
>>
It's like you didn't actually watch the movie.

>Boltcaster is basically a grenade launcher
>Multiple Stormtroopers get blasted with one shot
>Ken kills his father fully committing to the dark side
>Energy and focus drained
>Takes a boltcaster to the side
>ouch
>still beats a stormtrooper
>fights a force adept, called by and wielding Luke Skywalker's light saber to a standstill.
>>
>>63820158
I don't know why people are so impressed by that. Vader deflected 2 laser blasts in Empire Strikes Back when Han Solo first finds him in the Cloud City.
>>
>>63820621
How about admitting that she has lazy fucking plot armor.

Good guy beat bad guy. Death star asplode. Yaaaaaaaay.
>>
>>63821325
Yeah, but he just blocked them with the force, he didn't fucking freeze them in midair.
>>
>>63820456
this.
>>
>>63821325
Well that's what it was a call back to

But Kylo effortlessly restrains Poe while also freezing the blaster bolt in mid air
>>
>>63821350
Unfortunately you are looking too far into things
They wanted something that looked cool
It doesn't show he's any stronger than vader
Its just disney
>>
>>63821400
Yep.

le cool freezing blasters power
>>
>>63821400
I'm not saying Kylo's stronger than DV, I was pointing out the difference.
>>
>>63820714
Which she only used on some thugs and Finn

And she was orphaned on a desert planet as a kid
>>
>>63820997
Kylo has good mastery of the force but his light sabre skills leave a lot to be desired.
>>
>>63821350
Blocking them actually sounds more powerful than freezing them mid air. I mean, what is the point, other than to look cool? It even destroyed some of their own shit once it was released. I think he couldn't block and "dismiss" the blasters if he wanted.
>>
>>63820747
Going by based tonfa trooper, stormtrooper training probably includes melee fighting as well
>>
>>63821069
Are you fucking serious? They got separated. Christ you one of those loud black people in cinemas talking all the way through and misses huge chunks of the movie.
>>
>>63821350
That's actually what made me more upset regarding the final fight. If he had that much power, he could have just force-python'd Finn and Rey and be done with it.
>>
>>63821284
I literally didn't see him shot. I must of blinked. I ws wondering why he was beating his chest and blood was coming out. I was like when did that happen. Ive gotten a lot stupider in the past month.
>>
>>63821325
No. Vader is mostly robotic and he just blocked the shots with his robotic hand.
>>
>>63821369
I didn't like that.
He seemed too non-nonchalant in that scene. Isn't the force meant to require a craptonne of concentration?
>>
>>63821553
Now, you know this isn't true. It's a clear fact he stoped them with the Force.
>>
>>63821546
Chewie shot him.
>>
>>63821546
Why was blood even coming out of a laser wound? That shit cauterizes on impact.
>>
>>63821594
You see sparks hitting his hand.

Sorry George the technology wasn't there to get the desired looking effect you wanted.
>>
>>63821615
Maybe bowcasters are designed differently. A better question is why it even looks like a crossbow. The arching parts have no practical use.
>>
>>63821059
but then they ruin it, by limiting his ability to only when he has the mask on, or when it suits the plot, for example when she it in the binds, and she resisted him and even tossed the ability back on him, which felt so out of place, i mean fine she can resist a bit because she may be force sensative, but fuck keep the villian at a consistant power level threshhold
>>
>>63821553
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Glove_of_Darth_Vader

:^)
>>
>>63821681
Incase you need to use it as a pickaxe.
>>
>be Kylo Ren
>train with Luke Skywalker
>train with Dear Leader Snoke
>fucked up by a desert orphan with no training
>>
>>63821615

Bowcasters don't shoot lasers. It's basically a force grenade launcher.
>>
>>63821682
Poe was just some schmuck, albeit a really cool schmuck. There's no way he could resist a mindrape. Rey's super powerful with the Force since she's Luke's daughter, so she was able to repel him. That being said, if Kylo hadn't been crippled from Chewbacca and Finn he would have mopped the floor with Rey in a 1v1 fight.
>>
>>63821682
She was doing an Obi Wan in the next scene with the guard.

I hope it's revealed shes had prior training cause it's bullshit how powerful she is.
>>
>>63821748
i actualy felt like poe resisted pretty well, as if to say he had some sort of training, but ultimatly kylo was too powerful, and reys super ability just seemed out of place, maybe give just a little hint that luke was giving her some help through the force, say a flash of him in his hood somthing to hint at it, instead of her mary suing her way out,
>>
>>63821681
Bowcasters actually use magnets to fire metal quarrels enveloped in plasma.

So it's superheated shrapnel PLUS a laser blast.
>>
>>63821752
thats exacly what i mean, atleast give us some hints as to how she can use these abilitys instead of a very vauge flash seen as she touched the light saber
>>
>>63821706

Yeah because that makes no sense given the previous movies.

>Be Palpatine
>First World political education on Naboo
>Studied for years in the Dark Side
>Check it out, I'm so evil
>Killed by a former slave apprentice with actual anger
>>
File: UNQUESTIONED.png (164 KB, 507x283) Image search: [Google]
UNQUESTIONED.png
164 KB, 507x283
>>63820263
wh the fk did u say
>>
>>63822024
That would only be comparable if Palpatine was killed in EP2. And, even then, Anakn already had some training.
>>
>>63822103
A better comparison would probably be Luke slicing Vader apart in A New Hope.
>>
>>63821325
because it looked about 300000 billions times cooler in the 2015 version
>>
>>63821748
>Luke's daughter
where did I miss this piece of information
>>
>>63821748
and Ren is leia son aka anakin grandson...so?
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.