[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was such a shitty lazily written rehash of A New Hope. Almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
This was such a shitty lazily written rehash of A New Hope. Almost any plot progression just happens for convenience.

>Same plot, characters and planets as New Hope
>Finn crashlandes on Jakku yet manages to land at walking distance to Rey and BB-8
>Rey can suddenly mindrape a Stormtrooper
>Rey can suddenly fight without any previous ligthsabre skills
>R2 suddenly shows the map because reasons
>>
>>63818556
I'm not sure where they are going with Finn. He's clearly no Jedi but Rey seems to have adopted the role of Han and Luke. What the fuck?
>>
It was a new hope for like 40 minutes, then it became empire strikes back and then it became return or the Jedi and the ending set up the next movie to be empire strikes back again
>>
>>63818556
>lazily written
>Michael Arndt - Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine, Oblivion
>Lawrence Kasdan - Star Wars: Episode V &VI, Raiders of the Lost Ark
>JJ Abrams - Fringe, Armageddon, Lost
These guys knew exactly what they were doing.
>>
>>63818556
desu poe and Finna are 1 character in ANH, named Han Solo
>>
>>63818648
You be a Disney executive and ask what would make the max amount of money the course of the trilogy + maybe 20 more movies
>>
>>63818611
>He's clearly no Jedi

I thought it was pretty obvious that he's force sensitive at least with the way he's able to naturally handle a lightsaber.
>>
>>63818611
Because Han was a Jedi? Finn is the new Han.
>>
>>63818648
if the next two are really pretty original, would you accept that this one was a necessary rush-job to get us where we need to be? I still think a lot should have been handled differently, but if the rest of the trilogy is handled well it will take a lot of heat off of this because it will have done its job.
>>
>>63819017
Except no because Rey can fly the fucking Millennium Falcon. She fucked off with Chewie at the end.

She's literally Han and Luke rolled into one.
>>
>>63818556
>Rey can suddenly fight without any previous ligthsabre skills
Maybe it's experience with her staff?
>>
>>63818829
Arndt's script(which was based on Lucas' direction) was thrown out
>>
>>63819106
I'm not that guy, but I share pretty similar sentiments to him. So I'll say if the next two feel completely original, but somehow tie in all the elements of this movie I'd say it's a necessary evil (the sameness of this one).

But it doesn't really excuse it. Nearly all the Star Wars movies are stand-alone movies which can almost be watched as vignettes. This one didn't feel like that at all. It feel like a 'Part 1' movie which are trending lately (Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games et al) which have this long movie which doesn't do much until the second part comes out.

Ultimately, these movies are supposed to be 'Episodes' whereas I define episodes as separate entities/installments to a larger picture. Not a vehicle to a second movie.
>>
>>63818556
Clearly Luke felt what happend to han just like Leia
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.