[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MemorableThemes????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (846 KB, 1674x942) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg
846 KB, 1674x942
WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE MEMORABLE MUSIC???

The original theme stuff only starts kicking in in the last 10 minutes or so.

Even the prequels as shit as they were had goat tier music like the love theme and duel of the fates

Fuck sakes the music was dissapointing
>>
>>63817043
John Williams went all out with the prequels and ran out of ideas
>>
I literally can't recall any of the music and I only just finished watching the movie an hour ago
>>
Really pissed me off that they just played Binary Suns every time anything remotely force-related happened
They seriously used it about half a dozen times
>>
>>63817114
THIS

I know they were going for a close resemblance to episode 4 but come on it was overused big time
>>
>>63817114
for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PWvzU2JUU
>>
>>63817043
Rey's Theme was pretty good as was March of the Resistance. Binary Sunset was lightning in a bottle and the Imp March didn't appear until Empire.
>>
>>63817198
>lightning in a bottle
see
>>63817114
lightning isn't supposed to strike more than once
>>
Abrams is a fanboy and was too scared to criticize Williams. Artists should to be challenged.
>>
>>63817114
they've always done that
>>
>>63817241
The prequels didn't, A New Hope used it twice. Once when Luke's walking out of his house and looking at a literal binary sunset, and the other is after the death star is destroyed.
Force Awakens uses it in full overload
>>
>>63817237
I can understand him not wanting to challenge Williams because of Williams reputation and JJ is the new kid on the block. This sham of a movie soundtrack is on JW
>>
>>63817217
I'm talking about when William's wrote it, not how often it played.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.