[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new SW filthy with Reddit-tier humor >nobody seems to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1450411858237.jpg (17 KB, 698x517) Image search: [Google]
1450411858237.jpg
17 KB, 698x517
>new SW filthy with Reddit-tier humor
>nobody seems to care

Have we finally gotten over this petty hatred for a forum none of us has ever visited?
>>
File: 567766577.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
567766577.png
260 KB, 563x542
you now realize /tv/ is a place redditors come to shitpost about shit tv and are eager to suck the holljews cock to get their upboats back home
>>
File: 1448952305445.png (32 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1448952305445.png
32 KB, 321x322
>redditors calling /tv/ reddit
>>
Are you implying this board isn't currently filled with redditors praising this trash movie?
>>
>>63815478
I've voiced my opinion on the Reddit/child-tier humor/dialogue. Trust me, people here are not satisfied with this movies writing.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>tfw when wasted 60$ to watch this shit movie with my gf and her son
>>
how would you know what reddit-tier humor is if you have never visited?
>>
>>63816888
You see it on the street, at work, or in the classroom. You have people in your life who obsessively talk about how much they love x from Reddit. Overtime you develop a keen sense of what it is.
>>
why do we hate reddit again?
>>
>>63815478
>none of us has ever visited?
Nice try, reddit-sama.
>>
>>63817006
Why are you pretending you're we?
>>
>>63817006
It's the normie site for normies who think they aren't normies for browsing it but it's so fucking pedestrian it puts your moms vagina to shame.
>>
>>63816985
Uh... uh...

>>63817006
Because it honestly sucks. The /tv/ user base is bad, yes. The overall reddit user base is fucking awful.

t. been there
>>
fuck reddit

http://strawpoll.me/6306008/
>>
>>63816879
>dating a single mom
KEK WARS
>>
I love when you guys complain about reddit-tier humour but then never offer any idea of an alternative. Like do you mean you want 4chan-tier humour instead? Is that what makes you laugh? How would edginess and memes work in an action blockbuster movie?
>>
>>63817132
Reddit humor:
>pushed by corporations
>safe, middle of the road, insincere, appeals to a wide variety of interest groups
>glorifies the image of the product it is pushing
>conforms to corporate and elite interests
>anti-democratic
>created by committee to sell products
>tries too hard to become a meme and in the process embed itself within the minds of consumers to sell more crap related to the franchise (the entire character of Groot)
"thats not how the force works!" "chewart were home!"

4chan humor:
>anonymous origins
>free, democratic, open source
>subverts corporate interests and intentions (Bane in TDKR used to attack the movie, not praise it)
>not created to push a product or message, but rather to amuse and humor individuals
>created for a specific group of enlightened users, not dumbed down for the masses
>memes are not forced by corporations, but rather become popular due to their innate appeal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME
>>
>>63815478
What exactly is reddit tier humor?
>>
>>63817132
there are multiple threads right now discussing the edginess and memes of TFA
>>
>>63817132
>Fin and Poe escape with a tie fighter
>Fin finally gets a name
>Soon they re finally hit and land on a desert
>Fin jumps out of the Tie Fighter
>Deploys refrigerator
>Fin is crushed into the sand

It can work
>>
>>63816879
>gf and her son
Top tier meme.
>>
>>63817173
Fuck nigga this summary is solid as fuck
>>
File: Okay-Black-Guy-Meme-09.jpg (43 KB, 639x359) Image search: [Google]
Okay-Black-Guy-Meme-09.jpg
43 KB, 639x359
>>63817173
>>
based reddit tbqh
>>
>>63817173
>enlightened
Kept reading there.
>>
>>63817173
Reddit nerds btfo teabh
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.