[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Star Wars has been taken from us forever I know George had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: file_571523_disney-star-wars.jpg (29 KB, 300x399) Image search: [Google]
file_571523_disney-star-wars.jpg
29 KB, 300x399
So Star Wars has been taken from us forever

I know George had just ballooned into a grotesque hack, and the films were awful. but there was an honest to how awful they were, the prequels were his retarded children.

Disney's Marvel Wars: The Force Unlleashed is some how more offensive. A insipid corporate Frankenstein pieced together from all the most popular focus tested moments of Star Wars. JJ is not an artist, he's a machine for converting a beloved franchise into box office returns.

The delicate mythology and natural world building of the original trilogy has been bulldozed through by a clumsy corporate attempt to give every Star Wars Fan* everything they did and didn't ask for in two and a bit hours.

Star Wars is now truly lost to us.
>>
>>63815299
Kill yourself.
>>
>>63815299
What would you have done differently?
>>
>The delicate mythology and natural world building of the original trilogy has been bulldozed through by a clumsy corporate attempt to give every Star Wars Fan* everything they did and didn't ask for in two and a bit hours.
well put
>>
>>63815343

left it alone until someone came along with a singular and inspired vision that you could put total faith in.

not create it by committee and get a different competent yes man each episode to enact your corporate wishes.
>>
>>63815529
>a singular and inspired vision that you could put total faith in
Like what?
>>
File: IMG_20151219_015641174.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151219_015641174.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>
File: 1364691541672.jpg (134 KB, 567x850) Image search: [Google]
1364691541672.jpg
134 KB, 567x850
http://strawpoll.me/6306008/

VOTE EM /TV/
>>
>>63815561
Fucking think for yourself. Stop asking me questions.
>>
>>63815561
i dunno mate. are you asking me to come up with a comprehensive, pitch worthy synopsis of a new star wars trilogy just to reply to your shit comment?
>>
File: what fresh hell is this.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
what fresh hell is this.gif
2 MB, 450x253
>>63815299
Are you serious, look at what you are doing. This is seriously the best shit I have ever seen.

All this sudden love or at least understanding for the prequels is fucking hilarious, you all acted like a raving bunch of ferocious hyena's when it came to star wars and the quality of the prequels.

This shit is proper hilarious, thanks, OP.
>>
>>63815299
Oh shut the fuck up.

Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. You people are insane. Anything that people generally love you'll all turn against because it makes you all feel validated in your faux-intellectualism bullshit.

Contrarian =/= Intelligent Film Critic

Half of you probably went into the film rehearsing in your brain what you'd find wrong with it and what you'd put on /tv/ before it even started.
>>
>>63815972
bang wrong there mate. i was pessimistic until i saw the trailer then i properly leaned into it. i came out the movie with a forced smile, talking up everything i thought it did well to my girlfriend and trying to hold onto the idea that star wars was alive again.

wasn't until the bus journey home that the reality began to sink in of just how much of a crude corporate exercise it was
>>
no one is attempting to say that the prequels were decent films. they were awful, but at least they had a kernel of ambition to them, to flesh out the OT into a larger mythos.

the disney wars films ambition seem to be

1 make money
2 remind people it's star wars every nine seconds
3 make more money
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.