[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-epi sode-8-gugu-mbatha-raw-k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: benicio-del-toro.jpg (77 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
benicio-del-toro.jpg
77 KB, 1401x788
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-8-gugu-mbatha-raw-key-role/
Director J.J. Abrams isn’t returning for Episode VIII, instead handing the reins over to Rian Johnson, who, like Abrams, will tackle both writing and directing duties for the film. Of its cast, we only know of Benicio Del Toro’s involvement with a potentially villainous role and that Mark Hamill is expected to return.
How do you feel about this motherfucker possibly being the next villain and maybe even Luke's nemesis?
>>
>>63810751
My guess is he's a corrupt politician vying for power in the New Republic.
>>
File: sicario.jpg (3 MB, 4050x6000) Image search: [Google]
sicario.jpg
3 MB, 4050x6000
>>63810751
If Benny is going to be in it then I will actually watch episode 8. *Sigh* I guess I will have to watch episode 7 now.
>>
>>63810751
i hope they dont make the same mistake lucas did in the prequels and make a new villain for each movie
>>
>>63810998
sheev was the villain in all the prequels
>>
Make him a sleazy Jaba the Hutt-type character, but keep him for the next two movies.

Like the other anon said, having a new villain in each movie was awful.
>>
>>63811032
Overarching, sure. But you had Maul, Dooku, and then Grievous.
>>
>>63811032
It should have been Sheev and Maul right up to Revenge of the Sith.

Dooku and Grievous were unnecessary.
>>
>>63811073
Grievous was GOAT though. There's still room for a droid general but ditch Dooku
>>
>>63810751
PLEASE SITH LORD

PLEASE KEK KYLO
>>
>>63811073
>>63811099
They should have got rid of Dooku and merged Maul and Grievous into one character for pottery's sake.
>>
>>63811099
>Grievous was GOAT though
only in Genndy wars, he was a pussy in RotS and a giant fucking faggot in TCW
>>
>>63811138
That actually would've worked really well. Foreshadows Vader transformation.

Fack, it's brilliant
>>
>>63811099

Was he, though? I mean, I hear that he is alright in the animated series, but I've never seen it and don't have the drive to get around to it anytime soon. He just felt like a throwaway character in RotS.

If he was present earlier in the prequels and had more exposure, sure. But having him as a lackey as a part of the "guys, we need to wrap up the Clone War shit and get to shoving Anakin into the Money Suit" plot.
>>
>>63810751
DID YOU SEE WHAT GOD JUST DID TO US MAN?!??
>>
>>63810809
I want him to be the last remaining Sith lord.
>>
>>63811138
Grievous should never existed full stop but if they had gone with Maul as the secondary antagonist, as they should have from the start, it would give Obi Wan a purpose throughout the rest of the films as he chases the person who killed his nemesis. He could have still defeated the two of them with lightsabres in Clones but then Yoda wrecked his shit using the force, not touching a lightsabre, causing him to flee. Then Maul does all the Grievous shit in Ep 3 but the structure of the story is changed so that the Grievous Obi Wan fight happens earlier, Maul wins and he faces the two of them later Anakin wrecks his shit after already receiving some guidance from Sheev and then when he kills Maul on Sheev's command he takes his step into the dark side.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.