[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to admit he was actually decent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 29
I have to admit he was actually decent
>>
>>63810675
I agree. I surprisingly liked him too, more so actually than Rey.

He'd look good if he lost a few pounds.
>>
/tv/ memes aside, I did too.
>>
He was good in Attack the Block as well, I don't know why anyone's surprised.
>>
His face looks weird :/
>>
le wacky quips man
>>
>>63810735
Can't blame an actor for delivering the lines that are written for him.

He did really well.
>>
i wish finn was played by a nonnigger tho
>>
>>63810735
>Star Wars is VERY serious
>>
Holy shit why are you even here with your positive bullshit? I'm not even meme'ing here. You're so fucking obnoxious with your reddit tier comments.
>>
>>63810675
I was a little anxious to be honest, as he was only in one other movie before all this. I'm glad he turned out all right, a much better character than Rey. If only the whole movie was him and Poe having bro adventures it would have been pretty fucking fun.
>>
>>63810735
>le wacky quips man
What do you mean by this? I haven't watched it yet btw. Is he over the top wacky in it?
>>
Didn't like any of the characters. Kike Kike Abrams must've hired shit writers this time around because they even butchered Threepio of all fucking characters- and he didn't even have many lines compared to the OT. How the fuck do you manage that.
>>
Yeah he was good.

I enjoyed the movie all memes aside

V > IV > VII > VI > III > I > II
>>
>>63810799
>stop liking things buhhhhhhhhh
Go cry somewhere else, neckbeard
>>>/r9k/
>>
I like how /tv/ has come around to Finn but dislikes little Miss. Mary Sue.

Before the movie, everyone hated him. I recall quite a bit of memes and use of the word, nigger. You know what I think? I think once /tv/ saw that he was comedic relief, a janitor and a character that got cucked when he was sliced up and put into a coma by a lightsaber, they took pity on him.

Say what you will, but I'm still not buying a Finn action figure.
>>
>>63810814
Not even BB-8?
>>
>>63810813
He has a few "le quipy" lines but it is nothing compared to Marvel
>>
>>63810721
because it's /tv/
>>
>>63810799
Do you only come here to shitpost?
>>
File: sheev.jpg (84 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
84 KB, 1000x800
>>63810675
my eyes welled up at that scene, not even kidding,

Poe, Finn, BB8 and yes kylo ren too really made this film
>>
>>63810813

Every other line from every character is a stupid attempt at humor through quips and references. I think Joss Whedon ghost wrote TFA.
>>
>>63810834
>calls someone a neckbeard
>proceeds to fangirl over a space opera movie with laser sticks
>on 4chan

Keep projecting, nerd.
>>
He scared the shit out of me in the first trailer.
>>
He's not really even a nigger desu pretty swell guy seems like
>>
Finn and Poe were fine but holy shit Rey is the worst
>>
>>63810984
Rey was fine until the mind control scene
like fuck
>>
File: Kamina+red+glasses.png (597 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Kamina+red+glasses.png
597 KB, 1600x900
I liked him pretty quickly. He's such a flawed character but still pretty courageous when push comes to shove.

The fact that this cowardly bastard even attempted to fight Ren, a high ranking officer in the organization that has been brow beating him his entire life was awesome, it's like he was running on pure adrenaline.
>>
Finn, Poe, Han, BB-8, and Luke were fucking awesome

The rest can go to hell though.
>>
Boyega was a good choice from day 1, he'd already proved himself pretty well with Attack the Block a few years ago. Everyone was just going crazy over political-correctness bullshit as usual. I honestly feel bad for actors these days, I don't think anyone's really paying attention to their performances at all. Even the professional critics just use them as pawns for race and gender politics.
>>
>>63811019
She saw what was possible with the force when mind melded with Kylo maybe
>>
>>63811026
He was also the most relateable to anyone
>inb4 De-evolution racist monkey jokes
>>
>>63810859
Of course I'd like the character with no potential dialogue to fuck up.

But honestly I like that I was able to sense the droid's personality like R2. The writers didn't fuck that up for sure. I might buy into consumerism (pun intended) and get the toy of that cute little fucking guy for Christmas.
>>
>>63811029
what do you mean han was awesome? he was as washed up as a beached whale, its just as well he got killed off - chewie is getting killed off in episode 8 or 9 im calling it now
>>
>>63811029
Fuck you, Kylo Ren was good. Better than Poe, even.
>>
>>63810940
You're entitled to your opinion, anon. I love you and hope you have a good Christmas. :)
>>
>>63811061
I understood how she got to the conclusion but the fact that she controlled someone in 3 tries was pretty dumb
>>
I really liked him. I was kinda sad that after the break out there wasn't much interaction between him and Poe. They were bro as fuck. Probably will be more of them too working together in the sequel while Rhey is off training with Luke
>>
>>63811103
Everyone's favorite character so far has to be Kylo, just by the material given.
>>
In terms of likeability and general character:
>Kylo Ren>Poe>Finn>Rey
>>
>>63810984
would totally bang her tho
>>
>>63811173
Id say I like Poe better than Kylo, but Kylo is definitely the most developed/developing character
>>
>>63811103
But he was so ugly
>>
>>63810675
Is it bad that I wished there was an extended love scene between him and Rey just to trigger all the white folk in the theater?

Also I'm mixed so pls no cuck labeling thanks
>>
What the fuck were they thinking with the pacing of that final act?

I'm sure 99% of the audience immediately forgot about Han's death as soon as they walked out of the theater. Like, I enjoy subtlety in my movies but the way they handled the aftermath of his death was pants on head.
>>
>>63811209
Who says characters have to be attractive? If anything I would prefer more plain or ugly actors.
>>
>>63811181
Who wouldnt
>>
>>63810675
He was actually pretty good. You'll never get me to admit it outside this thread though.
>>
>/tv/ thought he'd be shit because "HURR HE'S BLACK LOOK AT ME I'M FROM /pol/"
>savagely BTFO
>>
>>63811173
Poe is easily the most likable since he has the most natural charisma
>>
>>63810814
Literally same guy who wrote IT was writing this
>>
>>63811266
It's time to fucking say goodbye to Han then idiot, the point was going home thinking about how fucked up Kylo is going to get.
>>
File: 1386808302570.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1386808302570.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>63811103
>Puffy faced teenager with daddy issues who throws literal temper tantrums when things don't go his way and has his bridge crew talk back to him
>Worth shit on any metric
>>
>>63811419
Don't give me that shit, it's retarded even from a narrative standpoint. Just one more passing mention or farewell to him would've been enough, and I've honestly never even liked Solo's character.
>>
>>63810675
I'm just glad his character was consistent instead of suddenly becoming a hero and beating Kylo or something.
>>
>>63810949
Yeah, that sudden violin screech as he comes into frame was an odd choice.
>>
What's the overarching narrative of this trilogy so far? Like the OT was pretty much "Luke must confront Darth Vader" and the PT was pretty much "Anakin turns to the dark side" but what do we have here? So far desu this movie's seeming kind of standalone.
>>
>>63811593
find Luke
>>
>>63811593
Save Kylo from the dark side.
>>
Is this a joke? He was the worst actor in the movie. Not the worst character, mind you, maybe that's where everyone is getting confused. But easily the worst actor.
>>
>>63811633
>Episode VIII opens with Luke
>*it was a hologram*
>>
>>63811593

Luke Skywalker is the last living Jedi, the New Order wants to find him and capture/kill him, he's the only hope for the Resistance and they have to find him first
>>
>>63810799
Fucking kill yourself moron.
>>
>>63811593
Revive Sheev
>>
>>63811455
Kylo really would have worked better if they had shown Rey go through some kind of force training. It could have been a comment on the jedi vs darkside. The darkside offers instant power and gratification but it is unfocused and basically just rage, while the jedi is disciplined, crafty etc. I think the final fight was a big blunder in that Rey just bullshits her way to victory by going super saiyan, it was way more thrilling when she was on the defensive and fighting defensivly because shes an amatuer.
>>
>>63811693
That would be Leia. The fucking camera jumping around every five seconds when she was as on screen just goes to show.
>>
File: poe.jpg (63 KB, 677x460) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
63 KB, 677x460
>smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
>>
>>63811764
Oh yeah I forgot. Add "second" in front of each "worst" in my post.
>>
>>63811633
>>63811670
none of this is apparent by the time TFA concludes

>>63811731
Thank you for summing up the movie for me, but that's not what I asked for.
>>
>>63811670
This as well as another doomsday galaxy saving bullshit plot
>>
>>63810675
he was actually a terrible actor and character.

OH HEY I HAVE NO BACKSTORY AND NEVER SHOWER MY PERSONALITY BUT I SHOW INSTANT ON MY FIRST MISSION I'M CONFLICTED! AAAAAAAND NOW WE ARE ESCAPING LOL
>>
>>63810675
he woulda been better Jedi than Rey. Fin was balanced character wise, being a courageous amateur. Rey was "IM A GIRL I CAN DO ANYTHING WATCH".

Fin now has no traits for specific skills that make him useful, he's just a janitor after all.
>>
>Kylo looks a bit like Hayden Christensen
>Rey looks a bit like Natalie Portman
pottery
>>
>>63811816
>none of this is apparent by the time TFA concludes

did you watch it at 2x speed?
>>
>>63811026
>I liked him
>posts picture of animeshit that /a/ and /v/ loves
back to your containment boards
>>>/v/
>>>/a/
>>>/b/
>>
>black guy is the token black guy comic relief
>no interracial romance
>the strong female stormtrooper was literally thrown in the trash

SJWs BTFO
>>
BB8 for best droid
>>
>>63810675
Do you think he would be a good role model for my wife's son?
His father and my wife's boyfriend are both aggressive and standoffish and I feel its starting to rub off on him
>>
Not too mention that he had great chemistry with literally everyone. He and Rey are cool, he and Poe were bros, he and Han had some good back and forth, Chewie and him have a good scene and hell the funniest part of the movie involves him and BB-8. He even has a solid basis for a rivalry with Kylo and Phasma
>>
>>63811854
From the movie alone you could tell he was a janitor at first on Starkiller and then transitioned to a combat role where his first mission was slaughtering seemingly innocent people.

Pay attention kiddo
>>
>>63810845
/tv/ hated him because they feared the worst. We expected JJ to turn him into the Marty Stu who could do no wrong. Thankfully those fears were allayed, but unfortunately we still had that character in Rey.
>>
>>63811854
>Abducted as a child
>Never given a name, simply trained his entire life to be a trooper
>Initially in sanitation
>Actually goes out fighting, first mission/first combat experience
>Watches his comrades die
>Sees his group commit wanton murder on defeated villagers

>Later we have an officer question if they should perhaps go back to using clones due to the higher unpredictability of using kidnapped kids.

Did you even watch the movie? Did you need a subtitle on the bottom of the screen to explain each scene?
>>
>>63810984
Every time she spoke I couldn't stop thinking of Keira Knightly.
>ironically her first big role was in The Phantom Menace
>>
>>63811973
>>63811998
they fucking said in the movie he was snatched from his home and trained to be a stormtrooper.
He is a shit character that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>63811992
she alone makes it hard to be excited for the next movie
>>
>>63810984
Rey is hot that's reason enough
>>
>>63811336

I think last time something like this happened was with Quicksilver in DoFP.
>>
>>63811992
No, /tv/ hated him because he had the nerve to be of African descent.
>>
File: 1449031279088.jpg (82 KB, 555x526) Image search: [Google]
1449031279088.jpg
82 KB, 555x526
>>63810821
>rating empire over hope
>>
>>63811336
I wouldn't say savagely BTFO, just regular BTFO. It's not like he was mindblowing, just good.
>>
>>63812023
That or you're a fucking idiot who can't follow a story. But that can't be.
>>
>>63812023
He's an alright character but the dialogue written for him was piss poor. I hated all the "woooah nigga thats one good pilot" shit and the fact he was written like a marvel character but he wasn't as bad as Mary Sue.
>>
>>63812140
>not rating empire over hope
>>
File: WhyamIstilldoingthis.gif (2 MB, 282x285) Image search: [Google]
WhyamIstilldoingthis.gif
2 MB, 282x285
>Hate Rey
>Still wanted to fug her
>>
>>63811854
He has a backstory you fuck nut, he was raised in the not-empire's stormtooper indoctrination program but had a crisis of conscious and bailed. Were you even watching the fucking movie m8?
>>
>>63811869

Driver looks nothing like Christensen.
>>
>>63812165
Empire is overrated and ANH is underrated. I watched them both days ago and they're about equal.
>>
I'm pretty redpilled on niggers but he salvaged that shitty film for me
>>
>>63812200
I hate the term overrated.

All movies are subjective. By saying something is overrated, you basically are just saying that it's widely accepted to be better...

...but you don't like it as much due to taste.
>>
>>63812207
this
>>
>>63810675
I thought he was fine, not great. Well, here's the thing, he is the star of the biggest movie released ever. They knew what kind of a movie they were making, the budget, and how it would do. For such a role, you demand the best actor. Not a good actor, but the best. He is not the best, he is good, sure, but not Star Wars worthy.

>>63810692
He's actually pretty lean, he just has a potato body type.

It was very distinctive when he was in the storm trooper outfit at the beginning of the movie. It was easy to tell it was him because he has absurdly wide hips for a man and thick thighs that were visible even with the costume.

Usually, this body type isn't cast for anything other than offcolor weird characters, not action characters.
>>
>>63812167
>what is banter?
>>
>>63811336

He's still one ugly nog tho desu senpai
>>
>>63810675
moe as fuck desu sempai
>>
File: Strong Female Character.jpg (208 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
Strong Female Character.jpg
208 KB, 500x740
>>63810675

Characters with actual flaws and room to develop tend to be more interesting than characters that just magically learn advanced skills without any training whatsoever and are badass out of the gate.
>>
File: The fuck.jpg (32 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
The fuck.jpg
32 KB, 615x456
>Empire was BTFO not ONCE but TWICE after the Battle of Jakku
>Not-Empire remnants have the resources to turn an entire planet into a super weapon stronger than the Death Star
>>
>>63812193
it's the hair, mate

thats anakin ep 3 hair.
>>
>>63811173

>Riot Trooper>Kylo Ren>Poe>Finn>>>>>Rey
>>
>non-threatening nignog

of course you'd like him
>>
File: czCe8zQ.png (563 KB, 861x990) Image search: [Google]
czCe8zQ.png
563 KB, 861x990
>>63812249
its overrated because its undeserving acceptance. People who have no fucking and haven't ever sat through the movie tell me Empire is better. It's the common opinion, even though when you ask people who know the 3 originals well and have recently watched them again, they will always say equal or that new hope is better.

Saying overrated is a quick way of saying exactly what I just did.
>>
>>63811455
Not that anon but that's exactly what I liked about him. He's not the big badass super important bad guy, he's a useless, brainwashed kid that thinks he's hot shit, and is kept around because of the sentimental value he has for the leader of the opposition.
And he really, really looks the part.
>>
>>63812735
You explained it better than I could. Well said.
>>
>>63812200
I absolutely agree with you on this one, ANH is an amazing movie that gets overshadowed by ESB. I hate that Empire is considered to be the best Star Wars movie with no consideration towards ANH. ANH did what it did really fucking well, while ESB's spiritual, dark tone was a bit wonky.
>>
>>63813201
I still think Empire is great but I feel like ANH is under appreciated just because it doesn't look as good.
>>
File: 1445515551088.jpg (34 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1445515551088.jpg
34 KB, 600x300
>>63810675
>>
>>63810675
Howdy Cuckaroo
>>
>>63813619
nice meme
>>
>>63812735
And I have sat through all of them and think Empire is better. So, clearly not always (nor do any of my friends think this, but whatever, mine is just as anecdotal as yours).

It is the common opinion, but all you say by using "underrated" is that you think you are right (completely subjectively) and because the opinion is so widespread, it's easy to find examples where uniformed people agree with the common idea.

Which you use to bolster your own ideas (by saying "look at those uniformed normies, ha!") without realizing that the more common idea isn't only held by the uniformed.
>>
He was terrible just like the rest of the cast you easily impressed teen
>>
>>63813201
>>63813530
I think that's mostly due to the impact Empire had and still has. ANH is great, but at its core it's a typical hero story that's been told time and time again. And it works. But Empire was something different, and it's still not something you see in most movies. It ended on a dark, somber note, and the reveal of Vader's identity is still mindblowing. The emotional impact it has is beyond comparison to the style in which ANH was filmed. That's why it's oft parroted as the best of the OT.
>>
File: heem sleepy.jpg (35 KB, 670x365) Image search: [Google]
heem sleepy.jpg
35 KB, 670x365
Guys, guys it's Boyega fans pretending to be anti-Boyega by baiting "I didn't like him but now I do". This whole thread is a ruse. If he really liked him he woudn't be posting it at all.
>>
File: Black Youth With T Shirt.png (669 KB, 536x406) Image search: [Google]
Black Youth With T Shirt.png
669 KB, 536x406
Me too.

I took part in the calling him a monkey/nigger back when the teaser trailer first came out.

But he wasn't even the main character and was actually a great part of this movie and it was hilarious how clumsy he was.

He had heart and soul and damn it was good.
>>
As far as star wars films go this pleasantly surprised me. Would watch again. My dad is still hung up on the nigger but i told him a nigger that actually acts fairly well and has a good script should not stop him from seeing what i believe is a surprisingly good Star Wars movie.
>>
File: ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg (57 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg
57 KB, 500x667
>>63813530
The way I see it is that in ep4 'use the force' means to let go and use your instincts, that's how Luke was able to evade Vader and get the shot at the Death Star.

But the whole franchise nowadays has been taken over by power level autists.
>>
>>63810675
He was just the quota black guy
>>
>>63810721
Trust!
>>
>>63810721

He was generic stoic strong silent guy #423425 in Attack the Block. He was the least interesting thing about that movie. What about that performance made him great? That he didn't suddenly start throwing pies? All he had to do was be quiet and brooding. Impressive.

Maybe he's good and maybe he ain't, but citing that movie as an example one way the other is stupid.
>>
All the new characters were good. It's the movie's saving grace. It what makes it watchable despite the recycled plot and odd pacing.
>>
File: SGTHHOH.gif (2 MB, 283x251) Image search: [Google]
SGTHHOH.gif
2 MB, 283x251
>mfw the girl was the key to all this.
MRABTFO
>>
>>63810721
le "He was good in Attack the block" meme
kill yourself dumb redditor
>>
>>63814193
Finn, Poe and Kylo were good. Rey is still a little bit bullshit. I mean she learns how to force pull and mind trick people with NO training? Give me a break.
>>
>>63813715
This, people forget the small scenes in Empire like the cave and hiding on a Star Destroyer. and Bespin/cloud city has to be a top 5 star wars location
>>
>>63814094
Who need a waifu to follow. TFA's biggest sin is just how fucking animu it is.
>>
>>63814474
rey's acting was way worse than the others. the only reservations i have for the next movie
>>
File: [THIS KILLS THE MAN]_1.jpg (7 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
[THIS KILLS THE MAN]_1.jpg
7 KB, 217x232
>>63814494

>animu

This kills the validity of opinions.
>>
why does no one think ROTJ is the best
>>
>>63814588
It is the best, if not tied with Empire.
>>
>>63814474
She's probably Luke's kid. How much training did Luke need to beat Vader, exactly? A year? Two?
>>
>>63814588
>>63814609

Problem is that ROTJ was like a rollercoaster of quality. It had fucking Ewoks and Luke vs Darth in the same movie, so it's really hard to rate. It's obviously better than the prequels, but it could easily be argued to be the weakest of the 3 original movies.

Dat Luke vs Vader scene is still fucking god tier tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFYoZ7H67A
>>
>>63810802
>If only the whole movie was him and Poe having bro adventures it would have been pretty fucking fun.
THIS so much, fuck
I hope we get this in the next one...
>>
>>63814720
>not liking ewoks
???
>>
>>63811863
>Fin now has no traits for specific skills that make him useful, he's just a janitor after all.
He IS a trained soldier. An inexperienced rookie, but still a soldier. Rey, Finn and Ben Solo are all about same age and are all NOT at their maximum potential. They will each become what they could truly be in future films.
>>
>>63810802
This!
>>
>>63814720
Ewoks are the most benign thing in existence and don't overcome the quality of the Jabbas palace and confrontation scenes.
>>
>>63810928
>Quips and references
What references? Is any attempt at humor 'le quip' nowadays? Have you watched the OT?
>>
>>63814474
She knows the legend of Luke, and it's established that she can fight early on in the film. I'm assuming that she's probably known about her force sensitivity since she was little. You also sort of have to make plausibility leaps in these movies; I mean how likely is it that Darth Vader happened to build the droids sent to Tatooine by his daughter which happened to be found by his lost son?
>>
>>63814726
Their time together at the start was arguably the best part of the movie
>>
>>63811883
>not realizing /tv/ is the real containment board
>>
>>63814755
Rey is already the most powerful force user ever so she is at her maximum potential
>>
>>63810675
I still hate him because he's black
>>
I liked him. He had flaws, which ultimately made him more believable and human.
>>
>>63810675
He was irrelevant for me, just a wasted space filler.
>>
>>63814831
Why do people hate the Ewoks anyways? Did people hate Jawas too?
>>
>>63811693
This.
>>
>>63812200
This. A New Hope is the classic that made the franchise be a franchise. Empire is great in its own way, but A New Hope works the best as a standalone film by far. Empire and ROTJ are just scene after scene of shit kind of happening, no real pacing.
>>
>>63810675
He was the best thing about the film. I hope he remains the main character in VIII and it follows him more than Rey, who was wooden as fuck.
>>
>>63812200
Been saying this for years. ANH is the quintessential Star Wars movie. I appreciate Empire but it didn't have that same feeling of adventure as ANH.
>>
>all my A New Hope bros in this thread

Feels good. As a kid I used to like ROTJ the most because I fucking loved the Battle of Endor (ie the space battle) and Luke and Vader's duel, but on a rewatch it has real pacing issues and is kinda ropey. A New Hope is still a classic that stands on its own.
>>
File: 1431383749340.jpg (252 KB, 725x1000) Image search: [Google]
1431383749340.jpg
252 KB, 725x1000
I have to admit he felt REALLY out of place here.

>why are you doing this?
says the brown man to the black man in the middle of a shit ton of white people
>because it's the right thing to do
not
>because I want out
implying the black man and the brown man are the only good people in a sea of evil white men

fuck this movie, seriously
>>
>>63810675
I legit thought Poe said "mah nigga" when they reunited.
>>
>>63815536
Imagine actually being /pol/. Like, imagine how fucking miserable your life would be. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>63815567
/pol/ is retarded but their heart is in the right place. The white man must reclaim his birthright.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1280x832) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1280x832
Episode VIII needs to have Poe and Finn as the main characters, their bromance was really well done.

Rey can fuck right off training with Luke.
>>
>>63815702
Definitely, this 100%
>>
I'd watch an entire trilogy featuring him and his female ex-boss instead of Rey an not-Jaycen
>>
What kind of fan are you?

http://strawpoll.me/6306008/
>>
>>63815702
The buddy cop scene at the beginning with Finn and Poe busting out of the Star Destroyer was one of the best scenes of the film.

Making Poe the designated pilot really fucks things up. This should be the classic "two men and an important woman" trio goin' on here. Finn and Poe broing it up, getting into mischief, while Rey finds out her destiny, becomes strong in the force, etc. Fairly straightforward, yet definitely enjoyable.

Instead we get Han fucking things up and Poe flying around in some who cares scenes.
>>
>>63815985
Well I don't know if you noticed, but Han isn't going to be a major thing in the films following this. Poe, Ren and Finn are the main characters.
>>
>>63816165
One can hope, but after blue-ballin' the audience with Luke in the first film, I wouldn't be surprised if he has as much screentime in the second film as Han did in the first film.
>>
>>63815536
is it difficult being this booty bothered all the time?
>>
>>63815985
the first 20 minutes were my favorite. Everything after tentacle beast was rushed.
>>
>>63813619
its le funny cuz hes black xD
>>
>>63811336
The character writing was shit and the story had forced romance as expected.

Unless they explain in Episode 8 what connection Finn had to the Bloody Stormtrooper on the Jakku First Assault then his entire character development was a clusterfuck, especially since he goes from "not wanting to kill" to "kill my former brothers for white pussy." Its bullshit, however Boyega did his job fine. Him and Isaac had great chemistry.
>>
>>63818061
>Unless they explain in Episode 8 what connection Finn had to the Bloody Stormtrooper on the Jakku First Assault then his entire character development was a clusterfuck
He already explained it. He KNOWS what the First Order does to traitors. He wanted to run far away. He isn't a pacifist, he is just scared shit-less and not wanting to die. That's why he told everyone else to run too. He kills because he needed to escape.
>>
So who is the true main character of this trilogy, Mary Sue or Dindu Nuffin? Also do you think Nuffin is going to become a Jedi? Since he doesn't know his family I like to hope that he's the grandson of Mace Windu and will learn how to use the force in IX.
>>
File: d77.png (12 KB, 467x453) Image search: [Google]
d77.png
12 KB, 467x453
>>63810721

Because they are naive teenagers le racist-meme le black-is-bad meme le-black-in-le-movie-le.
>>
>>63818200
>He kills because he needed to escape.
If that's mainly the case they did it in the worst way possible.
>>
/poltv/ never got this, but the color of his skin had little to do with his character. They see a black guy, and immediately assume he represents nigger "culture"
>>
>>63818457
>If that's mainly the case they did it in the worst way possible.
He couldn't pilot. He had to get someone else to fly the TIE fighter.
>>
>>63810675
poe actually helped make him cool, giving him a real name, being so glad to see him when they reunited.

poe was awesome
>>
>>63810756
Fuck u pussy bitch
>>
>>63815536
>because it's the right thing to do

Are you retarded? Poe's VERY NEXT line is "Because you need a pilot?", to which Finn responds "Because I need a pilot."

Finn does this quite a few times; he likes to pretend he has better motives than he does.
>>
>>63818358

>I don't understand what a deuteragonist is
>>
>>63810675
I still think he should develop the Force. Damn, only Rey get to do the cool stuff. Maybe Leia could train him? It seems like she developed the Force, since she sensed Han's death. I hope they give him more to do in the next flick. Anyway, I'm excited to see what's coming.
>>
>>63818797
>Finn does this quite a few times; he likes to pretend he has better motives than he does.
Rescuing Rey was his true beginning as a hero. Up to that point he was lying his way to escape from his former comrades.
>>
>>63811869
Kylo looks more like Keanu Reeves.
>>
>>63810675
Still an ugly mother fucker but he was good as the Jar Jar of this film
>>
>>63810675
i agree, he was good. the whole cast was good
>>
>>63810675
Yep, surprisingly he was great. Doesn't matter though since the movie was garbage.
>>
>>63818061
>I can't understand the difference between killing poor villagers and killing people who're trying to murder me
>>
>>63815536
You're fucking retarded. He admits literally seconds later he was lying about that.
>>
>>63810928
>implying
FUCK OFF
>>
>>63815125
I said this some time ago and then rewatched ROTJ, honestly the ewoks are in it way too much and the way they defeat an elite stormtrooper legion with sticks just feels a lot like prequels, George just stuffed them in to be family friendly and sell toys
>>
File: 1446533570132.jpg (37 KB, 291x500) Image search: [Google]
1446533570132.jpg
37 KB, 291x500
>>63812200
I watched the unedited OT for the first time last night, and I have to agree with this. Almost every good scene in ESB was in Cloud City. Yoda was le funny puppet man. The forced romance and lame kiddy jokes felt like they belonged in the prequel trilogy. I also felt like a lot more time was dedicated to Hoth than was necessary, since nothing plot-important happened there and the fight scene sort of dragged on. The pacing in general was pretty awkward. You can really tell that it's where SW started being a kid's franchise.
Cloud City was really great, with Lando and Vader being particularly good, but Hoth was only okay and the astroid/swamp were both underwhelming. ANH was pretty consistently good, even though it didn't have the same stand-out scenes as were in ESB.
>>
>>63811711
It's basically HxH all over again
>>
>>63811992
Finn surprised me too. Rey was a little under written but I hope she has greater depth in the next one
>>
>>63821500
It'll be the dark side temptation again
>>
>>63811816
The arch is that the force is awakening in people, I think the theme is finding what the nature of the force is
>>
>>63810845
>cucked
>Doesn't realize Rey is gonna get FINNED
>>
>>63810675
He was honestly shit.

Felt like i was watching some black kid acting like an american nigger from the ghetto.

Which he did lol, he forgot he is a trained stomtrooper.
>>
best character in the movie (owing mostly to the fact that he isn't a direct analog of someone from the original film)
>>
Here is what should have happened in the first scene:

>Phasma: For many of you this will be you first time on the field, but remember your training and you will be able to bring glory to the First Order

THERE, a better way to show why Finn suddenly defects instead of suddenly inserting it near the climax
>>
>>63812021
Do you understand what irony is?

What you mean to say is

>Coincidentally, her first big role was in The Phantom Menance
>>
>>63810756
This
>>
>>63810834
Tumbrl dat way
>>
>>63810675
He ruined the movie!
>>
File: 200_s.gif (46 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
46 KB, 500x200
>>63810675
I wasn't decent, he was pretty pretty good.
Guess /pol/ was wrong. Black people can be pretty cool.
>>
>>63822722
Fucking seriously. He's supposed to be trained all his life in a military organization whose primary principle is discipline and order. You don't even take off your fucking helmet unless you're expressly ordered to do so. He should have been stern, serious, and disciplined. Instead he turned into Turk from Scrubs.
>>
Like I said in the other thread, he ended up being my favorite character in the movie. Hes a pretty funny dude
>>
>>63814164
WUT?
That wasn't his character at all in Attack the Block AT ALL! Did you even watch the movie? In attack the Block the plot twist is that he is just a 15year old goofy orphan. He only pretends to be tough and older. He is some kid who plays with pokemon cars and sleeps with a fucking nightlight.
>>
File: 117087022.jpg (28 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
117087022.jpg
28 KB, 399x400
>>63814474
>she has no training

If you haven't fucking realized... SHE HAS FUCKING AMNESIA.

Who knows is she has had any training or not. She as hell doesn't seem to know.
>>
File: 1447617061333.png (765 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
1447617061333.png
765 KB, 1001x1001
>tfw based John BTFO /tv/pol/ crossposters
The scenes with him and Poe were the best banter in the film
>>
>>63826030
>he flakes at his first mission
>he flakes when he actually has to kill people

It's not that unexpected Anon. Some people are gonna flake, not matter how much you try to brainwash them.
>>
>>63826229
just because there's a good lore reason for her being a mary sue doesn't make her an acceptable quality character in the fucking slightest

"she's shit but she's supposed to" changes nothing
>>
>>63810821
This is the correct rating
>>
>>63812051
Rey had more plot armor than James fucking Bond! And impossibility perhaps but fuck me Jay Jay pulled it off being the fuck all hack that he is.

And I could give a fuck about her character because I am so bored with her AS a A HERO ON THE HERO'S JOURNEY. How can we as an audience identify with her as the novice in this new exciting world that has to, over several films (or so we hoped) come into her own. But not Mary Sue Rey though, she was an expert on all things whenever she touched or tried anything.

She's too perfect, too perfect. And because of that there's no growth, there's no potential, there's no where to invest our emotional attachment so that we could cry when she fails and rejoice when she succeeds. there's just this impenetrable Mary Sue who can do no wrong and is an expert ON EVERYTHING SHE DOES, right out the gate. It's like Liam Nesson in Taken 3 times 2 maybe even x3, she's that Over Powered! jay jay fucked her up, badly. i suspect behind her fuck up is the mouse wanting a powerful princess to add to their rooster of powerful princess. Disney's not known for trilogies for in every film their princess becomes super powered or Mary Sue within that one film and they wanted Rey super powered her first time out.
>>
File: 1267590795538.jpg (15 KB, 260x354) Image search: [Google]
1267590795538.jpg
15 KB, 260x354
>>63826305
>Mary Sue = bad

All My KEKS
Luke was a Mary Sue you dumb fuck. Plenty of good characters are Mary Sues.
>>
File: 1435154838497.gif (3 MB, 252x263) Image search: [Google]
1435154838497.gif
3 MB, 252x263
>>63826328
>>
It would be better if him face Kylo alone.
And won with courage and force of will.
>>
>>63826372
whats this gif from?
>>
>>63826347
BULLSHIT.

WHERE WITHIN THE PLOT OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY, YOU FUCKING DICK, WAS LUKE MARY SUE'D, YOU, YOU FUCKING CONTRARIAN!
>>
>>63826393
THE MOVIE WITH TOBEY MCGUIRE AND LEONARDO DICARPIO GATSBY
>>
>>63826347
fuck off, reddit
>>
>>63826393
boardwalk empire
>>
>>63810675
gay nigger in space
>>
>>63810821
Jedi is better than the jews movie, sorry kiddo.
>>
>>63826796

JEDI is miles above the cluster fuck film that is episode 7!
>>
>>63826347
except the go all hyperdrive Mary Rey Sue.
there is no tension around her character.
she always wins.
at the beginning it's kind of fun, because it makes her survival on Jakku plausible, but later, when she kicks ass of a trained force user, no matter how badly hurt, then it turns into a joke.

i really do hope they will do Raven plot twist in the next movie, to make that shit believable.
>>
>>63826393
nefertitties the musical
>>
>>63827098
>Revan Plot twist

It'll be more likely that shes some super duper stronger than and sheev and anakin combined force user but the Revan twist would be rad. All the shit with her as a kid being a red herring, turns out she was recently dumped on Jakku. desu my biggest problem is that they could've given her explanations for her abilities pretty easily.

>Give her a weapon similar to a saber instead of the staff, even if it's just a rod, show she has some martial arts knowledge that could transfer into saber combat.

>Show her tinkering on the falcon before she steals it, show that she has prior knowledge on how starships work and atleast an idea on how to fly one.

>Show her having an ability jew the junk dealers around Jakku. Getting a better deal than she deserves, basically showing that she has untrained, latent mind trick abilities (it's unreliable as fuck though, which explains why she's still poor)

>Show her doing weird, unexplained shit with the force. She accidentally fucks up shit in her house with the force. She accidentally force pulls some food or something she wants and is accused of being a thief.
>>
File: we wuz jedi.png (142 KB, 232x345) Image search: [Google]
we wuz jedi.png
142 KB, 232x345
HOL UP
>>
He was great. I don't even think he's that unattractive either. Finn was a charming character with heart...which is more than I can say about Rey.
>>
He was really fun and dynamic. I want to see even more of him. It's odd how he is more like the character to help people immerse in the film than rey was after the first 30 minutes.
>>
>>63810928
This is true, but it didn't came off as annoying.
>>
>>63826347
BULLFUCK
Luke was struggling with his powers 'til the very last scene in ROTJ. There was literally no fight scene which he won without tension and the audience not actually giving a fuck whether he could win it. And that's 3 movies in.
Rey just came and was already a fucking master at everything she got her hands on.
Her writing just pisses on the whole OT's arc of Luke becoming a Jedi Master through great discipline, training, and struggle both mentally and physically.
>>
File: acerimmr.jpg (36 KB, 287x400) Image search: [Google]
acerimmr.jpg
36 KB, 287x400
>>63811791
fug it fits
>>
i think his emotional "woo!"s and exclamations were a little flat, like they had a meeting about "we need more emotion in characters so scream anytime something happens"

eehhh

but good otherwise
>>
>>63810675
CAMRIP FUCKING WHERE
>>
Do we think that his crisis of conscience was due to the 'awakening' in the force at all?
>>
>>63827686
fuck I don't remember that last part or the jew part

even if the amnesia theory is spot on I still believe the flashbacks are confusing at least. I felt they never implied more than she is going to be the next chosen one
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.