[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw our heroes who we grew up with never live happy lives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: 1419581872345.jpg (96 KB, 1214x538) Image search: [Google]
1419581872345.jpg
96 KB, 1214x538
>tfw our heroes who we grew up with never live happy lives as is depicted in ROTJ
>Han and Leia divorce because they had an autistic kid who wants to be a mass murderer and eventually kills his own father
>Luke fucks up being a Jedi, somehow unleashes evil onto the universe again and runs away like a pussy
>R2-D2 gets depressed and decides to not work anymore
>Lando gets shot 20 times by a galactic cop

FUCK YOU JJ FOR RAPING MY CHILDHOOD! THEY'VE ALREADY BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH SHIT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEM ALL MISERABLE!
>>
>>63810313
Naaaaah Lando Is elected space mayor of space chicago and is thrown in jail for money laundering and bribery
>>
Has anything been confirmed or stated about Lando or whether he will be involved in these movies?
>>
>>63810313
I may just consider TFA non canon for this.
>>
>>63810708
He's pimpin what was left of jabba's hoes.
>>
File: ZBsdYMs.gif (805 KB, 245x281) Image search: [Google]
ZBsdYMs.gif
805 KB, 245x281
>>63810313
>Lando gets shot 20 times by a galactic cop
>>
>>63810708
Billy Dee was supposed to do a scene or something but was sick and couldnt, I'm sure he'll show up again at some point as Finn's dad
>>
>>63810313
Pretty fucking realistic. Have fun living in your dream world.
>>
>>63810738
Lando has space AIDS, since he's on the space downlow.
>>
File: 1448674343773.png (126 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1448674343773.png
126 KB, 280x280
>movies about a century long war at this point
>Why isn't everyone happy?
>>
>>63810826
half century
>>
>>63810661
>Boss meets The Wire in space with Billy Dee

single movie, fund it, how old is Billy Dee these days?
>>
>>63810738
>Absent black father

Most realistic thing about star wars.
>>
>>63810313
Different universes, kid.

The lives of the heroes from the OT will forever remain shrouded in mystery.
>>
File: Shinji_Crying_(EoE).png (63 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_Crying_(EoE).png
63 KB, 320x180
>>63810313
>Luke fucks up being a Jedi, somehow unleashes evil onto the universe again and runs away like a pussy
This hurt so fucking much. Everyone prefer Han but Luke was always my favorite character
>>
>>63810313

Except that type of shit had to happen for a new movie to even have a reason for existing. Have fun waiting for episode IX where we get to see Han as a force ghost and everyone else gets their real happy ending.
>>
>>63813343
Expecting a happy ending with Kasdan writing. If he had his way, ROTJ would have a downer ending.
>>
>>63810313
Well in the EU they wind up in even worse shape, getting fucked up by a bunch of Borg-wannabes
>>
>>63810313
there's a 30 year gap and kylo was clearly shown to have gone to the dark side as an adult, they had at least 25 years of happy lives
>>
>>63813343
>Have fun waiting for episode IX where we get to see Han as a force ghost and everyone else gets their real happy ending
Until episode X where the Last Order build a new Death Star and only a young tranny from not-Tatoine can stop them
>>
>>63813429
>not expecting an happy ending from a Disney trilogy

Top kek
>>
>>63813343
How could Han become a force ghost?
He wasn't force sensitive.
>>
>>63810313
Hey, does Leia have any force abilities in the new movie?
>>
>>63810738
No he wasnt. Bill Dee was at Comicpalooza year before last. Said JJ never called him in to reprise his role.
>>
>>63813743
No. She felt Han's death but Leia is force-sensitive so she has some limited precognition, just like on the OT. Fanboys will try to justify it but the real reason is cocaine
>>
>>63813795
Boyega already fill the diversity quota so JJ didn't need Lando
>>
>>63810313
You do realize that this is literally the first episode in the trilogy right? You do realize that in this begining, rising action, we see heroes face conflict and hardship, their emotions of course are going to be sad and depressive. And lastly you do realize this is now a disney movie franchise and their is no way in hell its going to end in on depressing note in anyway shape or form
>>
>>63813854
>Thinking a round about jazzy gentlemen of color like Billy Dee is in the same like at all as Boyega
>>
>>63813881
How about Luke becoming a Jedi master rather than a hobo? Or Han being a general instead of wearing the same jacket of 30 years ago? Neither of them needed to be during the entire movie, this is a new saga with new heroes after all. It'd be way better to show actual progression rather than rehashing old shit
>>
>>63814188

Leia and Han didn't progress as characters because they were too heartbroken by their son, so they went back to how they were at the beginning of A New Hope.

Maybe it's a shitty explanation, but at least they explained it.
>>
>>63814188
It makes sense though. Prequels, ObiWan was the main hero

OT; he becomes the mentor and Luke is the Hero

NT; Han has become the mentor and Rey the hero
>>
>>63814188
luke becoming a hobo was literally the plot for the entire movie, taking that away would mean an entire rework in the story line of all 3 movies. Besides we dont know what the fuck hes been doing on that rock, they literally didnt go into it at all except for the mention of "Lukes missing lol"

As for han, yeah sure I kind of get why youd be upset about that, it really is just fan service. But, its kinda easy to see how han would just say fuck it and up and leave with chewie and go around and do theIR own thing after the war T B H F A M
>>
Was JJ not aware his movie was also supposed to be a sequel to VI? Was it so fucking hard to depict what really happened to everyone after the Battle on Endor? We didnt need a soft reboot to introduce everyone to Star Wars, jesus christ.
>>
>>63814366
>luke becoming a hobo was literally the plot for the entire movie, taking that away would mean an entire rework in the story line of all 3 movies
Maybe the movies need another plot. What about trying new things rather than rehashing ep IV and turning Luke into a Yoda wannabe?
>>
File: Omega_done_right.jpg (252 KB, 784x784) Image search: [Google]
Omega_done_right.jpg
252 KB, 784x784
This thread is giving me flashbacks to Saint Seiya Omega's threads on /a/. Those threads were horrible
>>
>>63814540
>disney
>>
>>63810313
It's life, you giant dildo. They had some good times though. That's what makes Star Wars better than that Star Trek crap. Life is harsh.
>>
>>63810313
Spoilers so dont read if you don't want it spoiled!

So I just came back from the movie.

Luke left Rey on Jakuu with the old man with the map after the first order came to power and Snoke was discovered. He planed to return for her, or have someone get the map and bring her to him but the temple was attacked and he had to hide. His wife or Reys mother was most likely killed at the temple.

Luke was unable to get Rey and was trying to contact Rey via the force. hence the dreams of the ocean and the island.

Luke needed to stay in hiding because he was the last Jedi and needed to wait for an apprentice aka Rey to show up for training.

R2D2 was given the map and was told to shut down until the missing piece was returned. BB-8 awoke R2D2 by having the other piece.

Rey returns Luke's light-saber, but he obviously did not care about it. He will train Rey and Kylo will finish his training with Snoke.
>>
>>63814718
it's not life it's a fucking fantasy movie
>>
>>63814718
Life is about changing and facing new things, not about going back to the same old place of 30 years ago, neither cosplaying an old mentor
>>
>>63813743
No, just the ability to feel events happening far away like she did in Jedi.

But her autistic manchild son is literally the most powerful force user in the film series so far.
>>
>>63814851
R2 woke up because Rey (a Skywalker) was went to the Resistance base and he thought he detected Luke.

BB8 had the map piece the first time he met R2. Rey was captured and on Death Star III at the time.
>>
>>63814851
>Luke needed to stay in hiding because he was the last Jedi and needed to wait for an apprentice aka Rey to show up for training.
But why. Can't he just go and wreck shit and THEN train Rey?
>>
>>63815224
That makes no sense. It was BB-8 that woke up R2-D2. He was talking to him like. "Hey I got the other piece bro wake up"

I don't think Rey even goes by R2-D2
>>
>>63815281
Personally I think Luke Killed the other Knights of Rey and only kylo escaped. It's also within Lukes character to not just kill those who turn to the Dark Side.

Remember Vader? He felt the same conflict in Kylo so he would want to turn him back to the light even if it means his own life.
>>
>>63815281
Guilt I guess? He wouldn't dare fight Ben cause he doesn't wanna kill his fuckin' nephew who's surpassed him in strength anyway.

Also risk cause he is THE last Jedi and he could get fucked easily.
>>
>>63815292
Why didnt he wake up earlier then? Both robots were there a long time before Rey arrived.
>>
>>63815370
He could probably be saving (or atleast keep Kylo from going any further and causing more harm like...I don't know...killing Luke's best friend) by going and killing (or even just incapacitate) Snoke. It isn't like Snoke could be more powerful than Vader and/or Sheev.
>>
>>63815370
he only cared about Vader because he was his father

he was ok with trying to kill him before he discovered that
>>
>>63815418
BB-8 didn't wake him up until after the battle because he was in an Xwing....
>>
>>63815470
Cares about Kylo because he is his nephew. Liea and Han were shit parents and he probably raised Kylo like a son during training.

It's the same thing. He would care.
>>
>>63815482
BB8 takes off the cloak covering him then C3PO says "he's in low battery mode" and BB8 hits him a few times then scurries off.

Then he goes into the X-Wing.
Did you miss a scene by going to the bathroom or something?
>>
>Where did you get Luke's lightsaber?
>That's a story for another time rofl xd teeheehee ;)
No, actually fuck you, where did you get it from? That shit got sucked down one of the thousands of air shafts beneath Cloud City and I always assumed it got dumped out into the gassy abyss of the planet below.
>>
>>63815623
It really doesn't matter if it was Rey or the missing map piece.

It just doesn't make sense that he wakes up for Rey.

Rey could be there but not the missing piece of the map so it would be pointless.

if R2-D2 wakes up for the piece then the resistance can at least go get Luke and then Luke can go get Rey.
>>
>>63815673
>2 more movies in the trilogy
>possibly more side story movies to go along with it

Be patient little nigga
>>
>>63815762
BB8 did not even have the piece in him when R2 woke up you dense fuck. It was in the USB drive of some computer and Poe gives it to BB8 to project it.

R2 woke up because it sensed a Skywalker. Deal with it.
>>
>>63815822
No one even knew about Rey. Poes mission was to get the the piece not Rey. It was all just by chance (or the force) that Rey was even there. If Luke had hidden her then why would he ever expect her to return to R2D2 in the first place.
>>
I cried when Han died, especially seeing Chewie go beast mode, and then sad back at the Resistance base.

I teared up when R2D2 hadn't been awake for 20 years, when he woke up with BB-8 looking up at him, and when C3PO said how much he missed him
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.