[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was the CGI? I might see it tomorrow morning.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: cgiyoda.jpg (50 KB, 615x335) Image search: [Google]
cgiyoda.jpg
50 KB, 615x335
How was the CGI? I might see it tomorrow morning.
>>
It's alright ayy
>>
>>63807095
Distracting. All the practical stuff was so great that when fully CGI characters appeared it took you out of the movie a little like in the special editions
>>
>>63807182
Did it feel real like the original trilogy? Everything felt like they really existed. Massive ships and giant sets.

The prequels felt fake like a game.
>>
>>63807095
>CGI characters
i thought they swore those off?
>>
Hard to get tickets same day?
>>
>>63807340
I dunno. They're playing it in so many places. There's bound to be a few seats at every showing.
>>
>>63807240
sounds like typical marvel shit

ill wait for camrip
>>
>>63807385
thats what i figured. might catch it tomorrow for an early mid day screening.i heard theatres are booking most of their rooms for it.
>>
>>63807449
you'll see it eventually. no worries. it's just a cultural thing that people want to be a part of regardless of the quality.
>>
>>63807427
>camrip

why would anyone do this? just how desperate do you have to be and still not want to go out to the theatre
>>
>>63807564
if the movie starts to suck hard, can i get a refund?
>>
>>63807240
It was really weird and jarring for some reason whenever Han interacted with cgi characters like female not Yoda.

All of the practical stuff was awesome though.
>>
>>63807805
why wasn't every practical if it was so awesome?
>>
>>63807182
LMAO
>>
>>63807337
>i thought they swore those off?

You thought wrong.
Apart from the two mocap characters, there was a bunch of other places where they CGI'd up characters.

Remember Nien Nunb? You know Lando's co-pilot from RotJ?
Well he's in FA. Everytime you see him out of the cockpit he's a fully practical mask. But the moment he's in flight, he's so obviously CGI.

There's also another pilot that's CGI.

Oh yeah and when ever an X-wing strafes the ground and sends Storm Troopers flying, those troopers are CGI.

And none of that was good CGI. It all looked half assed.
>>
CGI was excellently done. There were really only a couple of aliens that stood out as shit. The guy Rey sells to in the beginning and one of the xwing pilots later on were absolute trash.
>>
>>63807095
there weren't any bad shots but it didn't really stand out as special
>>
>>63809234
>>63809283
reasons why cgi should be done well or not done at all

there is no inbetween
>>
>>63807564
i'll watch the camrip but i've already seen it in theaters. i just think it was a really well done movie. i'll also be taking notes as to which lines have the biggest meme potential
>>
>>63809349
Every noncharacter piece of CGI was great. CGI characters were mostly bad.
>>
It was fine. People here are being gigantic faggots. You'll be more taken out of it by Rey mastering the force in 20 minutes.
>>
>>63809471
just memes she has a shitload of midichlorians
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.