[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fargo season 2 was awesome Lets discuss. The finale was a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: fargo-season-2-episode-8-1.jpg (2 MB, 2754x1487) Image search: [Google]
fargo-season-2-episode-8-1.jpg
2 MB, 2754x1487
Fargo season 2 was awesome

Lets discuss.

The finale was a little dissapoint but glad my indian did not die even if he can.

Also Kirsten Dunst deserves an Emmy
>>
star wars
>>
>>63806595
syro
>>
Yeah I see this board is nothing but star trek shit. see ya next week
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 650x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 650x367
But he did die in Season One
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 650x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 650x363
Anyone have thoughts on the theme of existentialists vs absurdists?
>>
>>63806807
at first it sucked to find out he was tripoli from season 1, someone said it in a way that makes sense. hes tired of this life, tries to change, cant. ends up right where he hates being, "the life". grows fat, bored, lazy and disinterested. the whole empires rise and fall told to him goes with it. still a downer sorta
>>
>>63808564
>at first it sucked to find out he was tripoli from season 1, someone said it in a way that makes sense. hes tired of this life, tries to change, cant. ends up right where he hates being, "the life". grows fat, bored, lazy and disinterested. the whole empires rise and fall told to him goes with it. still a downer sorta
>>
>>63806930
>literally the typewriter from episode 1
>>
>>63808564
that scene was really stupid
>>
File: FARGO_203_0992_CL_d_hires2[1].jpg (113 KB, 415x250) Image search: [Google]
FARGO_203_0992_CL_d_hires2[1].jpg
113 KB, 415x250
>>63809094
t-typewriters. not just for women, ya know

it was good to see him get the last laugh
>>
Wow, nice to see something that isn't a Star Wars thread.

I don't think anyone was talking about Hanzee at the beginning of the season, now he's the fucking main character.
>>
>>63806532
Last 2 episodes ruined the whole season to me. I suspect now that script was heavily rewritten at the end.
>>
>>63809550
Because Hanzee is fucking great, the problem was they developed him super well and then threw him away as an offhand tie in to the first season that didn't even make sense. Still a good ending, but fuck that was an underwhelming conclusion to his arc.
>>
they gave my nigga mike the vic mackey treatment, i'm heart broken senpaitachi
>>
>>63810435
Definately, felt like they might have needed 1 more episode or one of those hour and half season finales. Surprised it was just a 40 minute'er
>>
>>63810435
>Because Hanzee is fucking great
>"Hurr durr better betray my family for no reason. Tired of that life, wanna be a criminal again"
>>
>>63810794
are you serious. its pretty clear why he did what he did, just not WHEN he decided
>>
explain the ufo
>>
>>63812006
No, its not. They even polled off that narrator bs to tell you that. You can brag about him snapping or treated badly by the Gerhardts all you want, but truth is its not convincing at all.
>>
File: billy_bob_thornton_fargo-43.jpg (110 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
billy_bob_thornton_fargo-43.jpg
110 KB, 1080x810
>>63812722
the fuck are you talking about. in the indian mans own words "tired of this life". thats the reason.
>>
>>63810435
That's the point, though. Despite whatever success you achieve, if you live a meaningless life without purpose your death will be just as meaningless. See >>63806930 (not a death, but pretty much so).
>>
The finale was weak because there were no epic deaths or explosions or some epic deep dialogue.

2/10 fuck this terrible piece of shit cancer show.
>>
>>63812717
u r le le le le pleb if you don't know that le le le ufo signifies nothing, it doesn't change anything in le le le story and it actually makes season 2 GREATER instead of being an episode that shits on the show after 8 great previous episodes
>>
It really lost it at the end but up until then it was a good shoe
>>
>>63806532
It's interesting that the role of the woman who doesn't understand that there's no shame in her gender role, nor the idea of a man wanting to provide for her and give her a comfortable life, was played by Kirsten Dunst. She got a lot of shit from liberal media a few years back for advocating traditional gender roles.
>>
>>63813083
>the finale should be bland and boring, that's truly a patrician way"
>>
>>63812717
It was a ufo.
>>
>>63813083
Lou and Peggy in the car was pretty deep.
>>
>>63810794
>>63812722
his killing spree starts when he gets harassed at the bar. he kills dodd when he calls him a half breed. I think his motives are crystal clear.
>>
>>63813224
No, it makes sense if you compare her character to Cancer Mom, the traditionalist foil. Dunst's character is mentally unstable and ultimately a failure, a criticism of that lifestyle.
>>
>>63813511
>People are dead, Peggy.
Felt good.
>>
>>63813738
that was just cause Lou was a hard-nosed moralist who was desperate to make sense of the world and that was the way he did it. But none of that shit was her fault.
>>
>>63813608
Not only that, but the conversation informs on how Lou raised his daughter, who actually did manage to be a loving mother and have a successful career.

Fargo has a surprising amount of shit going on about gender. In season one, Lil Hanks was not cut out to be a cop and preferred a simpler job, but was never portrayed as a weak man who sacrificed his masculinity.
>>
File: 1392574207949.gif (2 MB, 256x185) Image search: [Google]
1392574207949.gif
2 MB, 256x185
>>63814111
She ran over Rye and didn't let Ed take him to hospital. It was ALL her fault.
>>
File: the car.jpg (357 KB, 951x661) Image search: [Google]
the car.jpg
357 KB, 951x661
>>63812717
its based on a real case in montana or whatever. a cop was rolling down a road, saw a bright light enter his car, and he woke up an hour later in a ditch with burns around his eyes, and both his watch AND his cruiser were 14 minutes off. notice how similar the car is to lou and hanks prowlers
>>
>>63814230
Yeah, I can imagine the possibility of freaking out and just driving home, but once you're there, you'd have to be a straight loon to not get the guy to the ER.
>>
>>63814230
>>63814275
Yeah but Rye was a judge-murdering piece of shit from a literal nazi family. In what scenario don't the Gerhardt's kill Ed and Peggy?
>>
>>63814275
heres the thing, she also didnt just "drive home". she tells ed "hon, i was careful. i took the back roads and everything"

however, the cops do state had she gone straight away and reported it, in 79, the laws and such would of been that she probably would of got off scot free. he was in the road, in a snowstorm pretty much, and he had a gun. a shocked reaction, surprise is justifiable here.

hell, she had lots of options if she wanted. if she had gone for help and checked the diner, she would see the murders. then she could of simply claim he pointed the gun at her and tried to jack her, and she ran him down in self defense
>>
>>63814111
I don't think much was her fault either. Fleeing the scene of an accident, destruction of evidence, conspiracy to kidnap... But Ed's the one that killed Rye, and in self-defense, who destroyed the body, who tied up and lugged around Dodd, and made the deal with KC. They'd have to stretch to pin as much as manslaughter on her.
But Lou's line was just shutting her up with her bitching about unfair society's been to her and how she was a victim all along. He snapped her back to reality that she apparently had only a tenuous grip of all along.
>>
>>63814369
She had no way of knowing that, so your point is moot. Kindly fuck off.
>>
>>63814375
>however, the cops do state had she gone straight away and reported it, in 79, the laws and such would of been that she probably would of got off scot free.
The laws of today too. You're not a criminal just for having an accident. You have to be negligent in what you were doing, or in Peggy's case flee the scene, to get yourself into trouble. But Peggy was insane and panicked and thought no one would believe he just ran out into the road.
>>
>>63814369
other guy, but this occurred to me as well. they murder the typewriter salesmen for just associating with rye. they murder the people the daughter buys weed from because "selling weed to her is badddd".

HOWEVER, if they did go to the cops right away, the COPS would of realized that they had hit a gerhardt. when the cops first hear about this, they CLEARLY instantly know that name and its bad news. they might of get wit protection or whatnot. i cant imagine the cops knowing this couple accidently killing a gerhardt, then saying "feel free to go. just lock your doors"
>>
>>63814436
I'm not saying she acted with the knowledge, I'm saying that their fate would have been the same no matter how they had chosen to act.
>>
>>63814369
They wouldn't have gone after her considering Rye was only in that position due to his own fuck up. They went after them because they were the only lead to the missing Rye.
>>
>>63814456
well, sorta. where i live we have this equal responsiblity thing. they argued succesfully that if you are driving faster then you can see, its negligence. if its so snowy you couldnt see a man and stop in time, you shouldnt of been driving that fast.

had a friend who got tboned at a t-intersection? he say her turn signal, and went "okay its clear", pulled out, got hit, and ended up losing his license for "not assuming the blinker was incorrect"
>>
Rhinoceros is best episode
>>
>>63814513
No. If they had come out and reported it as an accident then no one would've thought Ed was a Hitman.
>>
>>63814549
oh and i dont mean she would get manslaughter or murder, i just mean probably reckless driving charges and a fine, a slap on the wrist compared to a manslaughter charge.
>>
>>63814586
just that peggy killed rye. and the gerhardts kill people over things like selling weed to their daughter. i hardly think dodd and bear would of just gone "HES DEAD...but it was an accident..."
>>
Shit season. Give me all those replies, fucking reddit cocksucking faggots.
>>
>>63814488
Maybe. But the Gerhardt's are so powerful and embedded that they assault a police precinct (and get away with it). In another scene the cops are reluctant to take Ed and Peggy to their precinct because they're well aware of the corruption and can't guarantee their safety.

>>63814586
and Rye would have either died or he lives and he's in prison for capital murder. Either way they're going to blame Peggy. Ed's involved because he said he's going to protect her no matter what. So they're in the same spot either way.
>>
Am i the only one who liked Rye? I kind of wished he hadn't died maybe one of the other goons.
>>
>>63814549
>if you are driving faster then you can see, its negligence.
Sure, but while there was snow on the ground it wasn't coming down during the murders or when Rye got hit. Even then, they do things like measure the tiremarks on the road to establish speed and put that into evidence against weather conditions to make a determination like that. It's not "you hit someone so you're a shit driver and criminally at fault."
Also not clear what happened to your friend, if they were in a left-turn lane with a right arrow then they shouldn't have made their turn with your friend oncoming anyway.
>>
>>63814753
The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
>>
>>63814111
>desperate to make sense of the world
I love that this was such a consistent theme throughout the show. The absurdist elements were handled great, and watching characters like Lou struggle to make sense of all of this senseless violence was a great throwback to Marge's ending lines in the movie.
The whole aliens just adds to and heightens the absurdist nature of it all.
>>
>>63813608
Peggy denied her biological calling by deceiving her husband and taking the birth control behind his back. She was from an era that began the shaming of women who wanted to be mothers. That part where Lou gets teary eyed over his war story and it goes completely over Peggy's head was something else. Brought back memories of Lester failing to understand the glove story in season 1.
>>
>>63808564
dumbest thing in the show so far
>>
File: kirsten-dunst-fargo.jpg (86 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
kirsten-dunst-fargo.jpg
86 KB, 670x377
who /peggy/ here?
>>
File: masters degree in art.jpg (44 KB, 1112x1024) Image search: [Google]
masters degree in art.jpg
44 KB, 1112x1024
>>63814756
we drive on the left side here. blue car was driving towards my friend in red car, but indicating to turn left. she was indicating to follow the red line, but took the blue line instead.

he pulled out because the indicator said she was turning, and he was clear.

>>63814739
shit i forgot. rye didnt DIE straight away, and lived for HOURS after the accident. still, the incident at the police station, nearly assaulting it with bear and getting away with it? the cops thought that the gerhardts had no idea where ed was being held. they only found out by the standoff with hank. if they knew the gerhardts were coming, they sure as shit would of had more cops or hell, moved him to somewhere else.

>>63814974
i hated her for the first 7 or so, and then instantly loved her character when she snapped in the basement. went from stupid to pyschotic
>>
>>63806532
>The finale was a little dissapoint
Just say it straight: was it as awfully stupid as last few episodes of Season 1?
>>
>>63815223
There is a scene where one character is revealed to be another character from season 1. Since their actors are less than ten years apart in age and look nothing alike, this has left a sour taste in some viewers mouths. Otherwise it was fucking outstanding.
>>
>>63806532
wait what? the indian dies in season 1
>>
>>63816867
A lot of people didn't get that connection because it was a very unmemorable character from season 1.
>>
So peggy was Bilbo, Hanzee was Lorne, lou was his daughter, who was ed? also any other parallels to season 1?
>>
>watched a few episodes of season 1
>started with episode 2 and watched season 2
wew lad

should I rewatch that first season? didn't like that malvo guy with a stupid haircut or whatever

loved season 2 (except few episodes which I just liked)
>>
>>63817103
Whoa you didn't like Malvo? What didn't you like about him? I thought he pretty much carried season 1 along with Lester.
>>
>>63817191
he was literally some edgy autist, pretty much fedora tier

maybe I should watch more episodes, I don't remember much from season 1
>>
>>63816867
what scene?
>>
>>63817259
give season 1 another try, same for season 2
there's a reason why everyone in this board and every tv critic is raving about it
>>
S2 was great, but that UFO shit was too much for me to swallow.

If they had just left it all out the show would have been 10,000 times better.

And Hanzee becoming Tripoli was just insane nonsense.
>>
>>63817259
I think memery has tainted your view of things. Malvo is a corrupting figure. A stray edgelord may think he's admirable, but season 1 is most certainly not about Malvo teaching Lester to grow a pair by being a sociopath.
>>
Some episodes were 10/10 not even kidding

But the finale was weak but only because the whole season was amazing as a whole
>>
>>63814145
>Fargo has a surprising amount of shit going on about gender.

Notice how a lot of what Malvo says echoes MRA talking points. Crude evo-psych and noble savage stuff.
>>
>>63806532
it was far from awesome, too much "2deep4you" cliche one liners, not to mention the massive plotholes, the "alyums", the boring and inconsistent plot, the cheeky nigger and le awesome mute twins XD

season 1 was far more entertaining and well done.
>>
>>63809379
I totally forgot about this faggot. So happy he died early on. Why didn't he run? Who lays in a hole and let's themselves get buried alive? Run and get shot like a man
>>
>>63813224
Its almost as if actors sometimes portray characters with different beliefs than their own
>>
>>63814377
woman or someone who didn't watch the show detected

>Ed tied Dodd up
Wrong wrong you retard, did you even see the scene of crazy lady talking to her life coach in tied up Dodd BEFORE Ed got home?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.