[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Han Solo, probably the only decent character in the entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1
File: vRBGvSl.jpg (387 KB, 3456x1944) Image search: [Google]
vRBGvSl.jpg
387 KB, 3456x1944
>Han Solo, probably the only decent character in the entire movie, gets killed off by his "IT'S NOT JUST A PHASE, DAD" teenage son

>Rey, a "MUH DIVERSITY" protagonist who learns she's force-sensitive halfway through the movie, somehow defeats a trained and presumably experienced apprentice of Snoke

>Luke Skywalker, the character we went to this movie to see, gets one minute of screentime

>Literally a 2015 remake of A New Hope

So, why do people like this?
>>
>>63804500

>presumably experienced apprentice

It's made pretty clear Kylo is a fucking amateur
>>
glib facisimile
>>
>>63804500
>but dude remember it had the chess scene from that one movie? xD
>>
>>63804564
lmao lol! I got that reference! i'm such a nerd tbqh senpai xDD
>>
The part that pissed me off the most is when Ren says "You are, and always will be my friend", and immediately kills Han Solo.
>>
>Shitty twist the EU did better but people still called it shit because it is

We gave up Zahn for this?

Zahn died for our sins.
>>
>>63804500
>Luke Skywalker, the character we went to this movie to see, gets one minute of screentime
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>63804500
>Rey, a "MUH DIVERSITY" protagonist who learns she's force-sensitive halfway through the movie, somehow defeats a trained and presumably experienced apprentice of Snoke

It's okay, you're the faggot who likes midichlorians and thinks Luke was only special because he was Anakin's son.

The movie wasn't for you, anon. Don't get upset you were too stupid to understand the core message of the children's space flick
>>
>>63804651
BTFO
>>
>>63804651
>you're the faggot who likes midichlorians and thinks Luke was only special because he was Anakin's son

Or maybe I actually watched the OT and realized it took Luke 3 fucking movies to defeat Darth Vader

idiot
>>
>>63804623
Wait what the fuck does he actually see this?

I need to write an article about this.
>>
>>63804550
This, plus Kylo just got shot
>>
>>63804694
Kylo isn't Vader
>>
>>63804702
No, he doesn't say that. All he says is blah blah blah "It's tearing me apart, and I don't think I can do it without you", to which Han replies, "Yeah, anything" and then stabs him while thanking him
>>
>>63804702
>I need to write an article about this

Fuck off gawker
>>
Finn and Poe are the only good new characters so far

Kylo is an edgemaster

Rey is a Mary Sue

you know I am right
>>
>>63804550
It's obvious that he is inexperienced as far as Sith go, but they should make it more clear when he is interacting with others in the First Order that aren't Hux or Snoke.

Everyone else treats him like he's Darth Vader
>>
>>63804810
>Poe
>Good character

What makes him different from every other pilot other than his skill?
>>
>>63804853
maybe because he has fucking Force powers?
>>
>>63804867
The fact that he is super optimistic and easy going
>>
>>63804938
So, every non-evil character?
>>
>>63804924
He's a novice and should not be feared by others in the Order. It's not like they havent seen or heard of force users before. They all know he is a rookie
>>
>>63804938
Underage pls go
>>
>>63804867
The fact that he is a Top Gun character in a 2015 movie.
>>
>>63804550
A fucking amater that slaughter an entire Jedi Academy? Sure thing.
>>
Anyone else got chills at Hitlers speech and then the starkiller base shooting that beam?
>>
>>63804500
>It did the Kessel run in 14 parsecs
>12

>It's another Death Star?
>This is the Death Star, THIS is Starkiller

>There's a trash compactor xD

Anything that referenced the OT felt so forced but a lot of the new jokes were alright. Hopefully the nostalgia wank is gone in the next movie.

>>63804550
>Managed to destroy the new Jedi academy
>Can't fight someone who never used a lightsaber before because they just believed in themselves
>>
>>63804810
>Finn
>first 20 minutes of dialogue is him breathing
>"I left because they made me kill and do bad things"
>wipes out half a hanger of stromtroopers whilst deserting
>stabs a stormtrooper in the chest for doing his job
If he was leaving TFO because he did bad things then he's sure as retarded. Refused to shoot people that are shooting at him, but yet is able to stab a fellow trooper right in the chest.
>>
>>63804500

>the character we went to this movie to see,

What? I didn't expect to see him in this movie at all.
>>
>>63805745
He left them because they killed defenseless citizens. Fucking Americans.
>>
>>63804550
He Matrix'd a blaster shot, something we've never seen any force user do before.
>>
>>63805853
>defenseless
R u fucking retarded or what
>>
While I would liked to have seen more build up for Rey's force ability I feel like they're going towards this "she has more ability with the force than anakin did" angle which isn't a bad thing as long as they don't shit it up, that being said I think they established pretty well that Kylo isn't as powerful or experienced as he likes to think he is so him getting beat by what is essentially the second coming, even as inexperienced as she is, shouldn't come as a shock
>>
>>63805745
>>63805745
This.
Guy is trained from childhood to be a soldier and "can't do bad things".
>>
>>63805893
he controlled an energy bolt, big deal, Luke had no training and was able to maneuver a bolt 100x bigger than that into the Death Star..
>>
>>63805084
slaughtered a jedi academy? From the flashbacks, it was literally Luke, Rey, and presumably one or two people. He wasn't taking on full on Jedi knights, he was killing kids and teenagers at best. For fuck sake, did anyone actually watch the movie?
>>
>>63806051
This

Kylo and a handful of other trainees turned to the dark side and killed the rest of the trainees
>>
>>63805853
>defenseless
>were putting up a somewhat decent fight before that autistic guy showed up
How the fuck did that bleeding guy die on him if the villagers were defenseless? They put up enough of a fight to give this lousy fuck PTSD.
>>
>>63804694
>implying Kylo wouldn't get ass raped by Vader were he alive.

Kylo is a punk ass kid who thinks he's hot shit, that's literally the whole point of his character.
>>
>>63805981
>Luke had no training

are you fucking seirous, he was trained by yoda and obi wan
>>
>>63804732
This. He's Luke, if he had turned to the darkside.

>I want to learn the ways of the force and kill younglings like my grandfather before me.
>>
>>63804500

>can only argue against plot points he didn't like with greentext

So if those are the only points you can make it's a good movie by definition.
>>
>>63806374
Not during the battle of Yavin, you fuckwad, and 15 minutes in the falcon with Ben is training?
>>
>>63806204
>thinks he's hot shit
He doesn't though. He's insecure, conflicted and scared of never being as powerful as Vader
>>
>>63806442
>not during the battle of yavin

fucking b8
fuck off
>>
I actually love it how Rey triggers you so much.
You're just like the polar opposite of the SJW faggots.
>>
>>63806537
>fucking b8
>fuck off
Last I checked luck trained with Kenobi on the Falcon, then everything went to shit, he piloted the X-wing, and USED THE FORCE TO MOVE A BLAST SHOT.. and b8? Are you seriously going to try to argue Yoda trained Luke before the almost realtime events of ANH? Or are you just a retard?
>>
>>63806796
He had more training by Ben than that or else he wouldn't be able to do it, and he had Ben's force ghost to fucking guide him; and it was more than 15 minutes.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.