[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Hux's speech the best performance in the film? It legitimately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
Was Hux's speech the best performance in the film?

It legitimately made my hyped for them to win
>>
File: 1449534190635.gif (1 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1449534190635.gif
1 MB, 500x209
Second best,based TRAITOR Trooper stole the show.
>>
Can someone post the camrip of the speech?
>>
File: itstime.gif (637 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
itstime.gif
637 KB, 624x352
>>63803652
got you senpai
>>
>>63803594
Hux was great. So much passion and hatred and energy in his delivery
>>
>>63803652

>I AM EVIL!!! WE ARE EVIL!!! YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DO EVIL SHIT FOR ME!!! BEHOLD, OUR GIANT EVIL LASER!!!
>JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR, ROOT AGAINST US, FOR WE ARE THE BAD GUYS! SIEG HEIL!
>>
Honestly, I can't remember a thing he said. Couldn't have been that good of a speech.
>>
>>63804203
it was more the delivery than the actual speech that stood out to me
>>
>>63803639
I really felt for this guy. Because of his own cowardice Finn betrayed the people he was raised with to fight for their enemies. Traitor trooper saw this same deserter massacre his fellow battle brothers for no apparent reason. It'd drive me into a rage too

Imagine his anger and confusion. Why was Finn doin this? They had all struggled together and were supposed to watch each other's back
>>
>>63804221
>this

Sent chills down my shaft
>>
>>63803833
Pretty much, but keep in mind Star Wars had always been this. Palpatine was a fucking satan man who did evil cackling in front of his men about ruling the galaxy. Tarkin blew up planets for no reason. They've always been cartoon villains
>>
>>63804221
It was based in the emotional angry hitler speeches. It had the only bit of emotion in this damn boring movie
>>
I felt like there were probably other Stormtroopers in the procession who were thinking, "Hang on, this sounds pretty evil," but did the salute anyway.
>>
it was cringeworthy.
>>
>>63804709
nah they were mentally conditioned from birth to be loyal, they never explain why Nigtrooper goes AWOL
>>
>>63804742
Well they mentioned it was his first offense or whatever, so I got the impression other Stormtroopers had defected or disagreed and they had some kind of system to deal with it.
>>
>>63804588
>When Palpatine is still a senator, he says, "The Republic is not what it once was. The Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates. There is no interest in the common good." At one point he laments that "the bureaucrats are in charge now."

>Palpatine believes that the political order must be manipulated to produce peace and stability. When he mutters, "There is no civility, there is only politics," we see that at heart, he's an esoteric Straussian.

yeah palpatine got a little unhinged when he started tapping into the powers of the dark side, but he started down that path because of how fucking inept and corrupt the Republic was.
>>
>>63804724
I thought I was the only one... the actor was terrible
>>
>>63804588

No, I liked the scene. I just thought it was a funny scene. I didn't go into this movie expecting subtlety
>>
>>63804724
you're cringeworthy.
>>
File: 1447503337657.jpg (78 KB, 637x476) Image search: [Google]
1447503337657.jpg
78 KB, 637x476
>>63803594
He looks sick. His eyes are all watery and his complexion's all clammy.

>>63804742
>why Nigtrooper goes AWOL
It's obviously another layer of mental conditioning. If Phasma's one of the New Order's top operators how'd she get pushed around so easily?

Finn's a sleeper agent, Phasma was in on the plan and was willing to sacrifice herself and the genocide laser if it meant getting Finn further in with The Resistance and the Jedi. If Finn ever meets Luke he's going to feel a spontaneous urge to murder him which will be overcome with the power of love because Disney are hacks.
>>
Siiiiiiiiiiieg Zeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>63804448
Dude, they were all brainwashed since childhood, it's like when pod people from iotbs start screaming, do you remember when kylo screamed traitor to finn? It's a conditioned outburst, you shouldnt feel sympathetic for those genocidal robots
>>
Where did the giant red flag come from? What did JJ mean by this
>>
File: 1286784076354.jpg (179 KB, 1440x1088) Image search: [Google]
1286784076354.jpg
179 KB, 1440x1088
>mfw the "resistance" is led by a bunch of people whose souls are weighed down by gravity
>>
>>63805138
>Finn's duty was sanitation
>some other Stormtroopers' duty was knitting a giant flag

Sounds comfy, would voluntarily sign up for.
>>
The speech was meh in my opinion, they should have orientated more on a Hitler speech (which they die but not enough)
>>
>>63804724
Agreed.
He looks like he's going to cry.

But I think that's his character snivelling wormy politician type.
>>
>>63805138
You just know they were a bulk order from some neimoidians. Made in a sweat shop, little neimoidian kids working for hours.
>>
>>63804822
The prequels tried to make the badguys motivated beyond saturday morning villain status and people crucified Lucas for it. JJ went into the opposite direction and tried his hardest to make sure there was no moral greyness at all.

It was true in the originals too. The Palpatine of ROTJ had no subtly to him, he was evil incarnate and openly flaunted such and why people would fight for him and not realize they're the badguys is a mystery.
>>
>>63806355
it was only in Ep. 3 that you learn the "bad guys" weren't the real bad guys though
>>
>>63803594
Not subtle but it was good. But too short
>>
File: 2352362666.jpg (72 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
2352362666.jpg
72 KB, 625x415
>>63805138
It's a variation of the Empire's old COMPNOR symbol. Its been in the EU for years. Basically it's the Emperor's version of the SS. JJ took more from the old EU then he'd care to admit. Pic related is from a comic 11 years ago.

Nazi's = Empire has been around for a long time.
>>
>>63803833
You discovered SW yesterday? The empire was always portrayed as a bunch of evil nazis
>>
>>63806458
that's literally the symbol for the Republic on a red background m8
>>
>>63806458
they never used the first order flag before so don't bring that master race 2003 clone wars shit into this disgrace. they made this flag up for this movie
>>
>>63806533
the Empire tried to legitimize itself as the successor to the Republic. The imagery in that pic is obvious though.
>>
>>63806563
The symbol is extremely similar to the Empire's flag from the EU. Abrams already took a ton from the EU so it's obvious he took it from that too
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.