[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One: A quirky and wild madman disappointed at the lack of creativity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: lucas abrams.jpg (82 KB, 470x504) Image search: [Google]
lucas abrams.jpg
82 KB, 470x504
One: A quirky and wild madman disappointed at the lack of creativity around him, but sometimes goes too far in a few places.

The other: Attempts to make everyone around him happy but does not understand how to move beyond that, forever looking at the works of others and beholden to Signore.
>>
>>63796510
but which one of those had a better career IRL...
>>
>>63796510
a glib facsimile
>>
File: 1449548360858.png (246 KB, 300x341) Image search: [Google]
1449548360858.png
246 KB, 300x341
>>63796510
Fanboys with Boba Fett underwear will like JJ more.
>He rehashes muh star wars;
>He leads me in the paths of the known
>For my clap sake.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 600x893) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 600x893
Why did Disney pay 4 Billion for the franchise, without asking George Lucas to write anything other than his name?

He could have been asked to write outlines for 20 future movies. Obviously there's an element of social commentary in there as well, but the broad strokes could have been brushed in.
>>
>>63796510
that's pretty accurate i say.
>>
>>63796548
>better career

Uh, Lucas has probably made more than JJ will dream of in inflation adjusted terms, but even if JJ made a trillion dollars and Lucas died in an LA gutter that wouldn't change things.

Excellence is not a market commodity to be bought and sold. JJ has never really displayed that. He is middling ,competent at best. Lucas aspired to greatness. He fell flat on his ass many times, but he had the vision that JJ will never have.
>>
>>63796548
Salieri did. He worked for the court of the Holy Roman Emperor and never had money problems.

>Mozart falls out of favor because of his erratic nature

>Loses his family, his work

>The deceitful Salieri comes to Mozart, wants to have some of his glory for himself by using Mozart's works

>But in the end, he gets nothing, and is not well-remembered
>>
This whole JJ fiasco got me thinking,

why didn't Disney hired Lucas as a special consultant?
>>
>>63797051
They refused his offer, they didn't want to find out what he could have told them.
>>
>>63797031
>Loses his family, his work

that never actually happened in real life

in real life he just went heavily into debt, but at the end of his life secured a huge loan anyway. Constanza and him and their two sons lived in nice apartments with servants and apprentices their whole adult lives despite having to move to a suburb at one point.

plus Mozart was popular as fuck during his lifetime, just not as much in Vienna as everywhere else. he could go to the next city and be treated like a celebrity
>>
>>63797238
It's true then.

>Lucas gets huge deal from Disney
>popular as fuck, can go anywhere and is treated like a celebrity

JJ Abrams:

>can only go to studio lots for remakes of other films
>gets small deals to remake other films
>treated as a remake of a celebrity
>>
>>63796548
JJ will never change the industry like Lucas did, neither left a mark after his death and I'm not talking just about Star Wars. Lucas is a fallen idol but JJ is just another mediocre
>>
Mozart is an unparalleled genius. You can't really compare Lucas to him.
>>
>>63796834
Again. 35 year old Harrison Ford is why women pretend to like star wars.

He, and to a lesser extent Christian Haydenson and ANH Luke, are the only reasons
>>
Wow. Lot of dumb shit getting posted. The Force Awakens was a pretty good Star Wars move. I Just don't get all the butt hurt over mm. Lucas made 3. Shit ass star wars movies. What's the big deal.
>>
>>63798818
Yeah, Salieri was a pretty good composer too...
>>
Off topic but Amadeus was such a good movie. Holy shit. The leads were top notch.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.