[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched pic related. Holy shit I hadn't watched such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: this.jpg (110 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
110 KB, 800x1200
Just watched pic related.

Holy shit I hadn't watched such a good movie in a long time, I would've never thought it'd be a fucking superhero movie.

Fucking A.
>>
>>63795249
What is so good about it?
>>
>>63795249
it isn't a superhero movie though
>>
>>63795300
Absolutely loved the dialogues, the filming style and the music score, and the constant questioning of the nature of the movie itself is entertaining as fuck, and satisfying when it ends and you think you understood it.
>>
whiplash > mememan
>>
File: o-EMMA-STONE-BIRDMAN-facebook.jpg (330 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-EMMA-STONE-BIRDMAN-facebook.jpg
330 KB, 2000x1000
>>63795249
I also thought it was fantastic. I can understand people calling it "pretentious" or "Reddit" due to the soundtrack and cinematography, but it's just such an enjoyable film.

Also, this creature.
>>
>>63795249
It's bad.
>>
>I didn't like Birdman
>I liked the last MaFlick

/tv/ plebelords
>>
>>63795373
I'm a big fan of whiplash, but I'm not sure I'd even compare these two. They're just different. Both brilliant, but they're different types of movies. As to the portrayal of the musical/theater industry, I think they both did a great job, but I'd give the edge to Birdman to be honest.
>>
>>63795332
The way I understood it, the fact that At the end he clearly manages to fly instead of dying, means that this movie is indeed the Birdman movie Riggan was thinking of making to get back to the old times.

It means he gives up on trying to make it big on "the real acting industry" and ends up making his easy Holywood Birdman movie that he refused to make for the criticism Hollywood superhero movies get for being bland. The thing is that this movie is everything but bland or hollywoodesque, and instead it's very artistic and theater-centered, while still being a Birdman, hollywood superhero movie.

Maybe I misunderstood the ending though. In which case I'll just say I like the music and the dialogues.
>>
>>63795300
>the fantastic acting by the entire cast, infact the best acting by an ansemble cast since Magnolia probably
>the amazing pulsating score that almost feels like a character itself and gives the film an action movie vibe
>making fun of retarded manchildren that love shitty superhero movies that have no substance whtsoever, and making fun of pretentious faggot critics that give piles of dog crap like Boyhood praise they don't deserve at the same time
>awesome script
>a couple hilarious scenes|
>beautiful cinematography
>>
>>63795839
>>making fun of retarded manchildren that love shitty superhero movies that have no substance whtsoever, and making fun of pretentious faggot critics that give piles of dog crap like Boyhood praise they don't deserve at the same time

10/10 right here
>>
>>63795249

just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.
>>
>>63795839
The critic rant scene was so damn good.
>>
>>63796051
Good parody post of /tv/-users that actually think that way.
>>
>>63795798
>Thinks Riggan didn't actually kill himself on stage, and the closing 5 or so minutes was his dying brain creating this fantasy
Pleb
>>
>>63795377
>ywn a junkie stone
>>
>>63796652
>Believing the "it was a coma dream" explanation
Pleb. He's a superhero, that's why he survived.
>>
>>63795377
She looks like a fucking fish
>>
>>63796805
Typical /tv/ poster, gravitating towards the capeshit over the guy just being delusional
>>
I found it boring as hell
>>
>>63796840
Rude.
She looks like a frog.
>>
>>63797396
yup, that's more accurate
>>
File: 1449223433415.jpg (159 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1449223433415.jpg
159 KB, 780x780
>>63795798

W-What?

I thought she was smiling because even though he's dead, he had reached the peak of his popularity again, and was happy about that. You even hear sirens during that scene, indicating that there's an ambulance arriving there.

I thought this was obvious when I saw it. But, now I realize it was clearly left ambiguous, so that the audience can talk about it, and come up with their own theories, like we're doing right now.
>>
>>63795249
ed norton was excellent and would have deserved an oscar

didn't find the rest of the movie that spectacular.
it heavily relied on a gimmick and actually worked, which is unusual. definitely worth seeing but i never understood the hype.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.