[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the new star wars was fucking awful i just saw it and i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1447010203207.jpg (22 KB, 215x157) Image search: [Google]
1447010203207.jpg
22 KB, 215x157
the new star wars was fucking awful

i just saw it and i'm still pissed about it. i went in with the lowest expectations possible and i'm still butthurt

>villain is a pushover pussy
>empire are incompetent pushover pussies
>fin and rei using lightsabers with no training
>the ace rebel pilot is THE MOST ANNOYING CHARACTER I HAVE EVER SEEN

im not even mad about han dying

that cast is so fucking weak without the veterans returning. also, the ace rebel pilot is the worst fucking character i have ever seen. if his annoying ass wasn't in the movie it would have at least been tolerable
>>
>>63794204
wait a minute. han dies?
>>
It's a safe endeavor manufactured solely for the lowest common denominator. What did you expect? Some sort of artistic vision?

It's all about the easy dosh mate.
>>
>>63794328
the prequels were better than that shit dude

at least it didn't have retarded mary sue characters running around and emo pussy villains
>>
>>63794204
>the ace rebel pilot is the worst fucking character i have ever seen. if his annoying ass wasn't in the movie it would have at least been tolerable

I hope your butt is ready m8 he's the replacement for Han Solo's character
>>
>>63794204
This
>>
File: displeased.jpg (15 KB, 432x403) Image search: [Google]
displeased.jpg
15 KB, 432x403
>>63794466
god no

god no please why
>>
basically anybody who really hated the movie was literally just looking for things to hate to begin with. I happens with every massive blockbuster film.The cast is honestly pretty good, they all fit their roles well. Visually it was 10/10, the plot was a little funky but its a fucking star wars movie. I mean come the fuck on guys what were you honestly expecting? at least this movie was far better than episode I.
>>
>>63794613
He basically has every single personality trait solo has
>>
>>63795434
>basically anybody who really hated the movie was literally just looking for things to hate to begin with

i really wasn't, the movie had a pretty strong start, the first half of it was really good and then out of nowhere

>oh btw rey is a force god and she's stronger than kylo now
>oh btw rey is an ace pilot and she's better than han now
>oh btw she's also a better lightsaber duelist than kylo now
>oh btw han is dead and his replacement is a marvel tier ace pilot
>five xwings destroy an entire planet
>TIE fighters can't shoot for shit

it was shit
prequels were better because at least those had character development
>>
Saw it in 3D, could have been worse. Black guy drinking pig water was 10/10 racial humour.

Daddy issues helmet man could have been about better tho, but it sets a decent start point for future titles tbqh, really noisy film overall.
>>
>>63795525
This is literally the first movie of a triology all those prequels had character development throughout the entire triology. We literally dont know shit about Rey. Im sure within the coming movies the story will unravel itself. Your judging key story elements about a movie that honestly hasent even really been finished yet. Also Harrison ford hates everything star wars so it was pretty obvious they were going to kill him. Hes getting old anyway. The new pilot they have isnt bad, I actually thought he did a pretty okay job.
>>
>>63795699
>Black man
>Picked up as a slave by the first order
>trys to escape
>throughout the entire movie has trying to run away from his "Masters"
>>
>>63795434
i disagree.
episode I may have been an incompetent pile of garbage but
episode VII was a soulless propaganda vehicle homonculous version of episode IV.

I'd say fucking up due to inability isn't as infuriating as fucking something up on purpose.

Revenge of the Sith pissed me off, Force Awakens made me depressed.
>>
>>63794204
a glib facsimile
>>
Fuck you i liked it it felt like the original trilogy and the best part is no jar jar
>>
>>63795808
We know she was left on the planet by someone and we know she is force sensitive
>>
>>63794422
>the prequels were better than that shit dude

I can't wait for this to slowly become the consensus viewpoint as the hardcore fanbase compares equivalent scenes once the DVD comes out.

>unlimited power vs Snoke
>Duel of the Fates vs Rey awakening her Mary Sueness in a CGI forest
>>
>implying grumpy old man han is not best han
>>
>>63794204
>being angry about things left unresolved or half shown because it's a trilogy.
also fuck you, it's been said half a billion times that Force sensitivity isn't a recquirement to actually use a lightsaber, just that having it makes using it a million times easier.
>>63794328
>implying using a formulaic approach for a reintroduction to a series is bad
>blaming your disliking the film on 'lowest denominator' casuals/normies
>>63794422
>prequels
>good
>>63795525
You're arguments about Rey being way too fucking OP is spot on though.
>>
>>63795699
>Daddy issues helmet man could have been about better tho, but it sets a decent start point for future titles

the trouble is that we don't know why he had daddy issues, and his daddy is deady now so there is no reason for it to ever matter.

he only sets the next movies up by being a sulky opponent for future lightsaber fights that we already basically know Rey can win without needing training.
>>
>jew jew abrams makes a shitty soulless action movie

wow just like all his other movies
>>
>>63796855
Ill be honest i liked that villain until he took hos mask off then all his threat died for me though something about him screams face turn later on
>>
>>63795808

Your that faggot that thinks literally is an adjective. Please stop posting here, everything you write reads like cancer.
>>
>>63797074
But he literally used literally in the right literal way you literal retard
>>
>>63796827
The prequels were miles better than this shit.
You have to be a retarded fucking drone to think otherwise. You have to not be able to form thoughts of your own if you honestly don't see how VII is not a million times more flawed than the prequels ever were.
>>
>>63796455
Hello reddit!
>>
>>63796455
Thoughtless drone detected.
Jar-Jar was honestly better than a Mary Sue demigod and a stupid panting nigger.
>>
>>63798469
Oh and an emo-kid villain who hates his dad.
>>
>>63795434
>basically anybody who really hated the movie was literally just looking for things to hate to begin with.

I was looking for exiting yet bland movie, like Star Trek. I only got bland movie.
>>
>>63795475

And none of the charm
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.