[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Better with the force in one movie than Luke was three movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: marysue.jpg (70 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
marysue.jpg
70 KB, 475x600
>Better with the force in one movie than Luke was three movies in
>Ace pilot without ever having tried
>Chewie and Han Solo immediately like her and invite her to be part of her crew
>She doesn't need help from anybody and beats somebody trained in the ways of the force her first time handling a lightsaber
>No discernible flaws whatsoever
>But guys, she's got the saddest past because she was abandoned!

And people are still trying to say she's not a Mary Sue?
>>
She's going to get pwned in the next film exposing all of her weaknesses and then in the third one her and Kylo Ren are going to hook up which causes him to return to the light side with the power of love

Cap this
>>
>>63791481
She's not Mary Sue, her name is Rey.
>>
>>63791534
yup, that's why they chose a young latino boy for a villain. I'm convinced
>>
She is stronk weemeen, who lived on scraps only because of patriarchy. The moment she left the Soggy Knee desert she started to behave like every other woman would, if you stopped oppressing and raping her every five nanoseconds.
>>
>>63791561
That's just her middle name.
Luke fucked a strong independent space british woman named ---- Sue, and because of her feminist beliefs they adopted her last name instead of his.
They then had a child they named Mary Rey Sue, destined to be the most overpowered and poorly written child to ever exist in the galaxy.
>>
>>63791718
So we will find out the force is actually feminism and the Sith are the evil patriarchy
>>
I want this bitch to use a double bladed Saber. She already uses a staff as her non jedi weapon and the double blade hasn't gotten enough love.
>>
>>63791481
>No discernible flaws whatsoever

she's clearly got some trauma from being abandoned in the desert for 15 years
>>
>>63791481
has it ever occurred to anyone that in a movie about self important space wizards its ok to have a female lead.....it doesnt change the real world, women are still going to give birth and be physically weaker than men.....there is no reason to be so upset by this
>>
>>63791561
Mare-rey Sue
>>
>>63792190
that's not even what people are talking about.

people are talking about how bad a character she is....even if it was male, this type of character is retarded
>>
>>63791534
But that would be [spoilers]Incest[/spoilers]
>>
>>63791481
Well living in Jakku forces you to learn some self defense and survival skills that's why she's decent with the cuck-staff. Also the fact that she more of a scavenger rather than a whore means that she's a genius and resourceful like most Jedi.
>>
>>63791481
It's Star Wars. Everyone is a Mary Sue. Even the Wookie.
>>
>>63791481

Not just one movie, in 30 seconds she became more powerful than most Jedi after years of training.

This is why Disney axed all the lore, because 7-9 are just going to shit all over it.
>>
Ren was wounded when they fought (lel weaker sex) but I was sadly hoping Mace Dindu was gonna come back and attack his block and save his wite womyn
>>
File: 1450303181281.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450303181281.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>we could've had Kyle Katarn
>we get this garbage instead
>>
Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that Luke abandoned his daughter in the desert?
>>
>>63791481
Luke probably mind wiped her, gave her false memories and dumped her on Jakku hence the flashbacks and her sudden surprise that she could use the Force to grab the lightsaber.

Still lazy as fuck writing though.
>>
File: 1437794183639.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1437794183639.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
>>63792813
>wanting a daughter
>a long time ago in a galaxy far far away
>>
>>63792190
Lern 2 reed
>>
>>63792679
Kinda sick of this scavenger excuse. Why would a scavenger be good at fighting and being resourceful? I can understand her being good at repairs (though not flying, especially when it seems that every fucking ship has different controls entirely), but scavengers avoid fighting and avoid signs of enemies, nothing more.
>>
>>63792796

>TRAAAIIIITOOOOOORRR

dont hate
>>
>>63792135

Trauma that she got over pretty fucking quick because a 2 minute speech from orange Yoda
>>
She wears uggs.
>>
Not even Jaina Solo was so Sueish
>>
>>63792679
Explain the Force powers.
>>
Did anyone else find her accent off-putting? Why would someone raised on a desert planet by aliens have an English accent?
>>
>>63792918
After that speech she ran away into the Forrest like a frightened little girl.
>>
>>63793194
Luke's daughter, retard.
>>
>>63792813
His wife wanted alimony.
>>
File: Kyle.jpg (110 KB, 600x705) Image search: [Google]
Kyle.jpg
110 KB, 600x705
>>63792796
I had hope Finn could be a cool black Kyle, but then JJ comes up with this shit.
>>
>>63793246
>Being the offspring of a Force user gives you instant awesome powers.

Hello Reddit.
>>
>>63791481

what is the function of having a sheet draped around your shoulders wrapped around your ankle?
>>
>>63793391

obviously it's going to be revealed that she grew up with Luke when he was trying to train other Jedi's before she was dead-beat-dad'd on Jakku
>>
>>63793214

The force wanted her to be British
>>
>>63793420
It looks good on the toys.
>>
>>63793442
You are telling me she learned all that with fucking 4 years old?
>>
>>63793420
It keeps the sand from getting everywhere.
>>
>>63791481
Are you fucking kidding me? Han Solo just told her that chewie liked her cause he wanted some young pussy
>>
Remember in episode 1 when Young Anakin found the childs sized helmet in the fighter jet that r2 was already attached to for some reason. Then he just flips a swich and he gets flown to the action to save the day.
I havent seen 7 but none of it can be THAT bad.
>>
Apparently Daniel Craig was the stormtrooper that Rey used the mind trick on.

Also it's obvious Rey was trained to be a Jedi but "forgot" it or had her mind wiped

Also she is a Mary Sue. No flaws in her character whatsoever. At least Finn changed from wanting to run to wanting to help.

Kylo and is big ass nose also sucks
>>
>>63793214

why did that guy Han owed money to have a thick Scottish accent?
>>
>>63792796
I actually really wanted him to not die because I liked his one line
>>
>>63793604
Why were all the space Nazis british?
>>
FINN CONFIRMED FOR SUPERIOR MAIN CHARACTER. FEMINISTS BTFO
>>
>>63793735
he didn't do almost anything though
>>
>>63791481

Not only she is a Mary sue, but she is also terrible.

Both Poe and Finn, who were introduced earlier, had more charisma and were more interesting characters. But instead we got stuck with this ugly cunt for the main character.
>>
>>63793666
The British have always been bad guys since the American Revolution.
>>
>>63793463
I don't know. Young Anakin was already too old to train with the Jedis, and he was only 9.
>>
>>63793776
Better than "fan-fiction by a deluded feminist" Rey.
>>
>>63793735
the Joe Campbell mytharc stuff is so strong that attempting to make a woman the main character simply gets rejected by the fabric of narrative itself.
>>
>>63791481
>Mary Sue
News flash: adventure fiction usually involves hooking the reader/viewer with an "I want to be him" hook.

I saw Star Wars in the theater in 1976, and guess what? I wanted to be that Tatooine farm boy who gets to go away into space with the old space-knight and learn to be a space-knight and is (oddly) trusted to pilot a space ship and take down the death star.

It's Mary Sue when it reaches heights of fulfilling all the ego fantasies of the author, not the viewer.
>>
I legitimately and unironically want to penetrate Rey's vagina with my penis so much.
>>
>>63793666
>>63793830
Historical memories of the Norman conquest.
>>
>>63793902
wow dude you totally just described why the OP is correct, congratulations.
>>
File: 1450466760015.png (234 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
1450466760015.png
234 KB, 475x600
>>63791481
>>
>>63793463

yes, since the force is about mental fortitude, emotional control and life philosophy, things you're way better at if you're raised with them at a young age, it's not something complex only an older person could start to learn like flying a plane or whatever technical skill

think of those little kids yoda was training, they were really young but were still being taught the force
>>
>>63793963

What's this meme called when they circle things on a picture liek this?
>>
>>63792796
>we could have had the exact same story as the ones they purged from EU

yea nah
>>
>>63793902
So you agree with OP?
>>
>>63791534
Yeah, i have almost no doubt Ren is going to be much more capable in the next one, but isn't "our heroes lose" is just a copy of ESB like this was a copy of ANH?
>>
>>63791481

No one would accuse her of being a Mary Sue if she was a man.
>>
>>63793420
You made me really pay attention to her clothes an realize it's just a tshirt, dirty sweatpants and uggs with a towel over it. Not saying it's bad but I can't unsee it.
>>
>>63793966
Do you think those little younglings could beat Kylo Ren and use mind tricks with their basic training?
>>
>>63793776
DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>63791481
She must stink something fierce from all the sweating under the sun. It was all I could think the entire movie
>>
>>63793986

autism?
>>
>>63793986

sharp knees 2/10 wouldnt bang
>>
>>63792796
best character
>>
>>63791481

>"STOP HOLDING MY HAND!"
>>
>>63794027
Bull fucking shit. That feminist excuse has never worked and it's only made the feminists who spout it lose credibility. It's like pulling a race card when you get caught in the middle of a crime.
>>
>>63794038
i saw someone wearing pants like that in real life once and they really annoy me. basically sweat pants that fit tight around the calfs with pockets lower than they should be.
>>
>>63791481
>>Better with the force in one movie than Luke was three movies in
She had her powers awakened by being force tortured. Also, she's not better than look, stop exaggerating.
>>Ace pilot without ever having tried
Nigger she flies hover shit and dismantles space ships for a living
>>Chewie and Han Solo immediately like her and invite her to be part of her crew
So?
>>She doesn't need help from anybody
This is pol/anti sjw memeing
>>and beats somebody trained in the ways of the force her first time handling a lightsaber
She has taken care of herself her entire life and has combat experience. The guy she was fightingwas literally dying from a direct hit from a fucking bow caster
>>No discernible flaws whatsoever
What were Lukes flaws in the FIRST movie?
>>But guys, she's got the saddest past because she was abandoned!
So?
>And people are still trying to say she's not a Mary Sue?
More anti sjw nonsense words.

Wow what a great thread op.
>>
>>63794142
That was the only legit part of her character. I liked that she didn't need to be rescued, but there's a difference between being independent and being perfect the first time every fucking time.
>>
>>63792905
Have you ever been cornered in a fight or ambushed? you can't always escape immediately you know. Also she lived in that hell hole for like what 10-15 years? I think plenty enough time gain a lot of experience in self defense, Also she genius, GENIUS!
>>
>>63794235
Hey guys, found the SJW cuck
>>
>>63794160

You know it to be true m8, you cannot escape it.

Luke was much more of a Mary Sue and people never complained about it.
>>
>>63794290
Hey guys, found the typical no argument memester.
>>
File: melee_stormtrooper.gif (1006 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
melee_stormtrooper.gif
1006 KB, 500x233
>>63792796
>TRAITOOOOR!
Fuck your EU, fag.
>>
File: scoob.jpg (15 KB, 320x290) Image search: [Google]
scoob.jpg
15 KB, 320x290
>rei wielding a lightsaber with no training and beating kylo
>kylo is a huge pushover pussy
>finn is boring
>the ace rebel pilot is annoying

fuck that movie was bad

who here /butthurt/
>>
>>63793735
>>63793776
And that's the biggest problem, since boyega was the only person on set who knew how to act, he overshadows everyone else despite actually doing very little and being in a sidekick role.
I was rooting for him the whole movie and wish Rae was just cut from the script because she was so goddamn awful.
>>
>>63794311
luke had training from yoda

fuck you
>>
Well I like her outfit at least. Notice how her hands have those hand wrap things like Kylo. Pottery
>>
>>63794346
Fuck off, Shaggy.
>>
>>63792813
Do you think she sold cunny for food when she was still a loli?
>>
>>63794235
>muh powers awakening
This shit literally has never happened in Star Wars before, it's anime tier garbage writing.

>What were Lukes flaws in the FIRST movie?

Tatooine loser

Did you miss all the times Ben has to save his life? Also all the whining.
>>
File: moarbiden.jpg (19 KB, 360x235) Image search: [Google]
moarbiden.jpg
19 KB, 360x235
>>63794478

not to mention getting his ass handed to him by a training droid the first time he tried using his lightsaber
>>
>>63794235
>Mary Sue
>sjw nonsense word
what?
>>
>>63794089
Laughed a bit too hard there
>>
>>63794027
I would, I've never seen anything more blatant in my life
>>
>>63794235
>She had her powers awakened by being force tortured.
Leave it to the SJW to see their rape fantasy in the Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63792190
>people actually believe this shit
>there are people that can only think what they're told
>people this retarded exist and they're online
>>
>>63791481
The only reason that this could be excusable in my own mind is that the force inside Luke guided her in some way. Also she was probably a student too.
>>
>>63794648
Thanks jew jew Abrams!
>>
>>63794346
>>rei wielding a lightsaber with no training and beating kylo
She has the force

>>kylo is a huge pushover pussy
He's the villian

>>finn is boring
But he was hilarious m8 XD

>>the ace rebel pilot is annoying
Han Solo's character replacement, hope you like having him play an important role in the next movies
>>
File: ######pop.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
######pop.gif
2 MB, 350x197
YOU JUST KNOW!
>>
>>63792834
So all the training she had she got when she was a toddler?
>>
>>63794786
>She has the force

so did luke you fuckstick and he still needed training, how anyone can defend that mary sue is beyond me

>literally using force mind control and force pull STRONGER THAN KYLO right off the bat

no just fucking no

at least luke skywalker honed his powers throughout the trilogy, rei's powerlevel just explodes off the bat right away
>>
>>63794786
>She has the force xD
>>
>>63794786
>She has the force

So does kylo? Along with actual training?
>>
>>63794027
I would, I'd probably like her even less because it would be even more blatant wish fulfillment on part of the writers.
>>
>>63794873
It's not so much about Rey being the second coming of the Midi-chlorian, but rather Kylo being a retard whose resolve to use the force wavers too much between the light and the dark side so he just cucks himself out of being powerful
>>
>>63794027
I sure as hell would.

Anybody who starts doing all this jedi crap without training is going to draw some pretty heavy criticism from me.
>>
When it turns out that she's also luke's secret daughter, it's going to be almost verbatim a stereotypical mary sue character.
>>
>>63794235

I marathoned the OT right before seeing TFA, and Luke basically fucks up at least half the time in both ANH and ESB. The only arguably Mary Sue thing about him is that the Alliance just hands him a fucking X-Wing and lets him participate in the trench run, but it's easy to explain away with "they were short on manpower".
>>
>>63794478
>>>63794235 (You)
>>muh powers awakening
>This shit literally has never happened in Star Wars before, it's anime tier garbage writing.
Ot happened when Luke used the force to kill the first death star
>>What were Lukes flaws in the FIRST movie?
>Tatooine loser
Jakku loser
>Did you miss all the times Ben has to save his life? Also all the whining.
Ben saved him twice, and Luke only whined once about not being able to go to toshi station. He acted like a normal teen because he had a family. Rey didn't and has cause to be an all around tougher character.

>>63794573
And how many times was Luke in real combat before that? Never?

Besides, the movie ALREADY has too many beats from ep4. You want the characters to be exactly the same too?
>>
>>63794955
Pretty much. Kylo couldn't concentrate. He's clearly weak.
>>
>>63794235

>luke's flaws
He whines constantly.
He's only good at things he's had experience with, such as flying and blasting things.
He's a white male (minority).
>>
>>63795045
>Ot happened when Luke used the force to kill the first death star
luke used the force to help him aim his torpedoes right and fire at the right time, literally just trusting it which is the first thing you learn with the force. You are trying to make it sound like he ripped the death star apart with the force.
>>
>>63794608
Yes, it's a buzzword term lazy shitposter s use to describe literally any and all female characters across fiction.

Also, was Leia mary sue as well? If not, explain the difference.
>>
>>63795045
Look had already used the Force earlier shithead, and Obi-Wan's ghost was helping him.
>>
>>63795045
He was good at killing small animals from very high above in his T-16 Skyhopper.
>>
>>63792096
Fuck off, double-blade is so fucking stupid.

George Lucas pandering to dumb babies and making something he found super cool and a man child.

>I love lightsaber
>What if lightsaber had 2 sides???

Kylo Ren's hilt saber had an actual application in the film, the double saber in Phantom was just to make a more bombastic fight.
>>
>>63794027
It depends, "Dune" for example has one, but that's the point, a critique of prophecy and the whole chosen one thing.
>>
>>63795126
No, it isn't you cunt.

Jessica Jones isn't a mary sue. Now fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>63791534
Nah, her elite powers are a big hint that she'll go to the dark side while Kylo slowly turns to the light.
>>
>>63795126
She's not. Leia is badass but still had to be rescued, she wasn't completely self-sufficient like Rey is.
>>
>>63795126

Leia got captured. She was a damsel in distress, not a character.

If JJ abrams wants to see how to do star wars with a female lead he should just learn from george lucas and blatantly rip off Kurosawa films like The Hidden Fortress.

Luke and leia are one person in that. Princess Yuki.
>>
>>63793574
Rey went from not wanting the lightsaber to taking it to protect her friends. So I'm fine with it.
>>
>>63795126
>Yes, it's a buzzword term lazy shitposter s use to describe literally any and all female characters across fiction.
That's not true, you don't actually know what a Mary Sue is.

A Mary Sue is a term used to describe characters that are unreasonably skilled/perfect/ideal/who can do pretty much anything just cause they are them.

This is an actual sort of character that appears in works of fiction. It's not made up, it's not a buzzword, it's an actual thing that happens, and just cause you don't like it won't make it any less real.
>>
>>63795115
Did Rei rip apart anything with the force you colossal faggot?

>>63795140
No he didn't. Said he felt something.

>>63795149
Ok?
>>
File: The.Hidden.Fortress.1958.jpg (796 KB, 1920x804) Image search: [Google]
The.Hidden.Fortress.1958.jpg
796 KB, 1920x804
>>63795248
>>
One her first time flying the millennium falcon she out maneuvers first order tie fighters; she didn't even have a copilot and had to do 2 jobs at once.

She fights off the space octopie on board the millennium falcon and is one of few who isn't eaten or injured.

She escapes captivity from the First Order all by her self (dont need no man)

Kylo Ren trained under Luke and Snoke, and was no match for Rey 'its my first day' Skywalker
>>
>>63791534
>and then in the third one her and Kylo Ren are going to hook up which causes him to return to the light side with the power of love

Fuck i hope this happens. Make it happen JarJar Abrams, it's the only thing that can redeem you now.
>>
File: boyega_sp.jpg (23 KB, 718x402) Image search: [Google]
boyega_sp.jpg
23 KB, 718x402
>>63794848
More like Betaga.

Reminds me of that one screencap of some beta orbiter saying "Love ya" to some bitch on facebook trying to tepidly test the waters and then getting blown the fuck out by her.
>Betaga's fw Daisy's puss is BTFO by Oscar Isaac's fat beaner burrito
>>
I expect rey to get captured and turned to the dark side in the end of episode 8, while at the same time Kylo, or Ben gets saved to the light side. Ep9 begins with Ben having to get over everything he's done and redeem himself by saving rey.
>>
>>63795285
>Did Rei rip apart anything with the force you colossal faggot?
I didn't say she did, can you read?
>>
>>63791481
a glib facsimile
>>
File: 1450101944392.jpg (138 KB, 1023x745) Image search: [Google]
1450101944392.jpg
138 KB, 1023x745
Is snoke a giant or was his hologram projection just really huge?
>>
What if the force is more powerful now and then in the sequels force users do shit like we've never seen?
>>
>>63795240
Rey would have died if not for Finn. The difference is that it's not overtly stated when he pulls her away from the tie fighter bombardment
>>
>>63795225
As soon as you fuck off back to reddit.

>>63795240
Rei got captured and needed to be rescued too. She would have been blown up if the others hadn't gotten her out of the base.

>>63795248
Rei got captured too

>>63795275
None of that applies to Rei. Her skills are perfectly accounted for in the movie.

It's a buzzword. Deal with it and fuck off back to /pol/.

Oh wait, I forgot that /tv/ is basically a subreddit for /pol/. Guess you're on the right board.
>>
>>63793963
I liked when she gets a new set of clothes near the end. And she still has her arms wrapped and a tunic that doesn't attach to the sleeves.
>>
>>63795462
Leia didn't have a character in a new hope.

The only thing she did was shoot the garbage chute hatch.
>>
>>63795406
>Is Sheev a giant or was his hologram projection just really huge?
>>
>>63795462
>Her skills are perfectly accounted for in the movie

fuck off back to tumblr or whatever shithole you came from
>>
File: leia and tarkin.jpg (40 KB, 750x311) Image search: [Google]
leia and tarkin.jpg
40 KB, 750x311
>>63795522
>Leia didn't have a character in a new hope.
She had the bantz with tarkin, called luke a manlet, and told han his ship looked "gay"
>>
>Was yhinking, taht Babooyanga will destroy the film
>Super, invincible badass out of nowhere who can do anything
Boy, was I wrong.
She's cute thought.[.spoiler]
>>
>>63795462
>Her skills are perfectly accounted for in the movie.
How did the movie, in reference to all previously presented universal lore, explain her use of more advanced force skills and ability to outperform an actual trained force user?
>>
>>63795462

She wasn't exactly 'rescued' by han and fin. She escaped on her own and they just happened to meet up afterward.

"I'm trying to explain my rescue plan han!"
"Shes right behind you dude"
>>
>>63795462
All your posts are is trying to call people some form of bigots for not approving of how a fictional character was handled.

You are oversensitive to the point of no longer being reasonable, and god help anyone who wastes time talking to you.
>>
>>63795627
>How did the movie, in reference to all previously presented universal lore, explain her use of more advanced force skills and ability to outperform an actual trained force user?

There's no explaining it. That fag is a reddit user and he's just going to false-flag and call you reddit in some shit attempt to change board culture.
>>
>>63792671
they aren't related?!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>63795574
>has no argument
>FFFUCK OFF TO "insert meme" !!!!

Yah got me.
>>
File: rich.png (11 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
rich.png
11 KB, 390x470
>>63795666
>wrecked by satan
>>
>>63795687
>Deal with it and fuck off back to /pol/.
you literally just said this to someone else.
>>
>>63791481
What ticked me off was the parts where she and Han inadvertently say the same technobabble in the ship. Good lord that's corny.
>>
>>63795589

that's it. No other relevance to the plot other than she has to be saved.
>>
>>63795627
>>63795671

Except I LITERALLY explained it here

>>63794235

It's YOU faggots who have no arguments beyond go back to le reddit tumblr/sjw memes.
>>
now see the lightsaber part makes sense though she has supposedly been fighting off other scavengers with a melee weapon, her fighting style was a lot of poking and lunging which is probably what she'd be doing if she had the stick thing she had that the sart. The rest of it doesn't make sense though you're right.
>>
>>63795687
Rey not having enough time to develop her powers and being a mary sue is a perfectly logical argument.

Go ahead and debate me faggot.
>>
>>63791481
Didn't Solo pretty much recognize who she was pretty early on? He offers her the job and then not 5 minutes later tells Maz who she is
He probably wanted to try and keep her close

I agree with the other stuff though
>>
>>63795754

>she's smarter than han solo
>a better pilot than luke
>a better swordsman than kylo ren
>and probably can talk to force ghosts without training.

Fuck this shit. This just makes women look worse.
>>
>>63792679
You don't become good with a lightsaber by being a scavenger, nor does it account for anything else except maybe knowing how a spaceship works.
>>
>>63795774
I already did and you lost.
>>
>>63794346
>Rey wielding a lightsaber with no training and beating kylo
15 years living in a dangerous hell hole forces you to learn some self defence, also she's a typical Jedi genius
>kylo is a huge pushover pussy
Well he got sniped, I don't know why he didn't force freeze the beam but he's probably emotionally and mentally distracted.
>Finn is boring
To early to judge.
>the ace rebel pilot is annoying
Poe is okay.
>>
>>63794346
Kylo was wounded - shot in the chest by chewie's bowcaster - He was at his weakest fighting Rey.
>>
>>63795838
You didn't debate me.

You have no argument and you just said "FFFUCK OFF TO POL"!!!!!

You lose. Try again.
>>
>>63792834
retard
>>
>>63795666
>He's making valid loints and making us look stupid!
>better just tell him to fuck off and accuse HIM of being over sensitive when I'M the fag who's got a ragnarocked rump!

It's ok pal, it's 2015, you can come out of the closet.
>>
>>63795855
15 years living in a desert does not make you a lightsaber duelist just like muhammad living in dubai doesn't make him an elite scimitar warrior
>>
>>63795855
>Knows how to swing a stick
>Knows how to fight with a sword

Shit I'm great using a mace to fight so it wouldn't be an issue for me to use an actual sword!
>>
>>63793574
>Also it's obvious Rey was trained to be a Jedi
she was better than Kylo Ren?
>>
>>63795867
Nah, you can just chose not be a lazy shitposter, read my original post, and debate that. Otherwise, you lost and you're upset I called you out on your faggotry.
>>
>>63793800
This exactly. We didn't get nearly enough Poe. Next movie we better see some Finn and Poe being Poebros.
>>
>>63795935
people, stop responding to this person.

They are either trolling or are actually retarded.
>>
It was so fucking awful

The movie started going downhill from the moment Han Solo tried to get her on the ship.

It then skydived down when she out forced Ren out of fuck no where.
>>
>>63795764

If having your 'force awakened' made everyone a natural fencer, then the whole concept of 'jedi training' loses all meaning.

Why bother learning how to swing a sword? Just have your force awakend, its better than 20 years of experience.
>>
>>63795462
>N-None of that counts. I don't have a reason that it doesn't count, I'm just going you'll accept my authority.

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>63795971
Rey having "the force" doesn't explain her being stronger than kylo. It doesn't explain her being a master force user or duelist out of nowhere.

You're just mad because your tumblr insert got called out for what it is. Garbage.
>>
>>63795990
>stop responding to the guy who's right

Good advise.
>>
>>63791481
she literally fell asleep during duel with evil edgy master of dark side emo who was trained by luke skywalker then woke up, remembered she was actually fighting and finished fight without any problems
>>
>>63796037
see
>>63795990
Stop. If you are going to keep feeding them then both of you are retarded.
>>
>>63795855
>typical Jedi genius

That's the problem you dumbfuck, name one Jedi like that and don't come up with EU shit.
>>
>>63795770
Autists forget that part since they were flinging shit at the screen because Finn was within 1km of a white female.

Jedi mind tricks and telekinesis is still bullshit. There's no reason for those other than maybe learning from Emo Ren when he tried to mind rape her
>>
>>63794038
>Not saying it's bad

You should, cause it is.
>>
>>63795944
>>63795947

You don't think 15 years is not enough to learn a few weapons for a cookie cutter Jedi genius like her?
>>
>>63796035
>he thinks rei was a natural fencer

You didn't actually see the movie, did you?

>>63796060
Read
>>63794235

I'm not repeating myself to imbeciles who didn't read the entire convo, or flat out didn't watch the movie, which is becoming more apparent by the post.
>>
>>63794311
>Luke was much more of a Mary Sue
yeah dude remember when Luke beat Vader the first time he fought him in episode 5?

oh wait he lost his hand and nearly died, unlike Rey who beats Kylo during her first try at using lightsaber.
>>
>>63794472
Why are you such a waste of life? Just kill yourself already.
>>
>>63796143
read
>>63796060

I'm not repeating myself to imbeciles who didn't read the entire convo, or flat out didn't watch the movie, which is becoming more apparent by the post
>>
>>63795045
>Besides, the movie ALREADY has too many beats from ep4. You want the characters to be exactly the same too?
So the answer is to make them Mary Sue's with no flaws whatsoever?
>>
This movie was garbage. The characters were fun to watch and I like Rey a lot, but goddamn they seriously remade all of A New Hope. Jesus Fucking Christ.
>>
Is she the Rory Gilmore of space?
>>
>>63796160
Why are you such a nigger?
>>
>>63796153
Yeah I remember when vader was dying from a bow caster shot and fought for his life against an ex soldier and a budding force awakened survivor with combat experience.
>>
>>63795770
Using a lightsaber wouldn't be anything like using a staff, though. At all.

Heck, a lightsaber wouldn't even be like using a sword anymore because of the weightlessness.

An actual swordsman would tear through you if you.
>>
File: the next jedi.jpg (210 KB, 962x641) Image search: [Google]
the next jedi.jpg
210 KB, 962x641
>>63792679
>scavengers are somehow 10/10 at fighting too

some fighting skills I can accept, but fighting off like 3,4 troopers with a stick? hello?
>>
>>63796177
My post literally diffuses your shitty points right out of the gate. You lost, you can't refute shit, you're going in circles, down the drain, like your life.

ALSO

>desperately trying to copy my post as if it's even applicable

Noce try but know. Get your own material, and arguments for that matter.
>>
>>63796233
Just admit that JJ changed the rules of the game to accommodate his shit tier fanfiction.
>>
>>63796233
Rylo was BEATING her before she closed her eyes and got super force saiyian or whatever.

His wound played no part in the fight. If Rey actually hit him there then maybe it would have made sense.
>>
>>63796246
>Using a lightsaber wouldn't be anything like using a staff, though. At all.

You know what I could have forgave? If she found darth mauls lightsaber or found a lightsaber staff or some shit. but no, she's literally an expert duelist right off the bat
>>
>>63795462
>None of that applies to Rei. Her skills are perfectly accounted for in the movie.
It's nice of you to admit she is a Mary Sue then.
>>
>>63792135
Not at all, she was totally and unrealistically well adjusted. Particularly when she leaves the planet for the first time like it's nothing.
>>
>>63794235
>She had her powers awakened by being force tortured.
How does that work? What kind of bullshit excuse is this?
>Nigger she flies hover shit and dismantles space ships for a living
She's a scavenger, not a pilot.
>So?
Part of the whole mary sue character.
>This is pol/anti sjw memeing
Cool boogeyman excuse to dismiss a point.
>She has taken care of herself her entire life and has combat experience
A fucking scanvenger on a shithole planet has better combat training than Vader 2.0?
>The guy she was fightingwas literally dying from a direct hit from a fucking bow caster
Don't even pull that shit, he was still very capable, enough to beat Finn. We saw Rey's moves and she outplayed him.
Being a whiny douche who overestimates his abilities? This carries on to the next movie which is why he gets wrecked by Vader.
>More anti sjw nonsense words.
Wow, you don't even know one of the most known terms in all of fiction that dates back to 40 years ago.
>>
>>63796331
Rey having "the force" doesn't explain her being stronger than kylo. It doesn't explain her being a master force user or duelist out of nowhere.

Prove me wrong without using memes or shitposting or deflecting my argument like you've done three times now.
>>
>>63795866
He was shot in the side and was still whooping her until she had her force wake up
>>
>living alone in a desert gives you the power to fly better than trained pilots, fight better than trained warriors, and instantly unlock Force powers you never heard about before
>>
>>63796246
Good thing Kylo is an Emo faggot. The only people who like him are self insert emo faggots
>>
>>63794311
Luke fucking earned that shit. He worked hard and gradually became more powerful over the course of 4 years and some intense Jedi training. He didn't just become powerful enough to fuck Vader's shit up the moment Obi-Wan gave him a lightsaber. Where's the tension in that? Besides, Rey can seemingly do EVERYTHING. She can fix stuff like R2, pilot like Han, and mindtrick people, use a lightsaber, force pull things, and take out a dark Jedi despite never having used the force before. That's way too much.
>>
>>63796120
I like where I am, I'm "racist" and I know that, if I were in a group and was asked a math question I would look straight at any Asian that was in earshot, I'm not going to actually discriminate and exclude people from anything I'm doing because of their race because you never really know what they are in to. But as far as this shit in Star Wars or really in any sort of position, I believe it should be based on their merits and abilities. Which apparently doesn't have any place anywhere anymore.
>>
>>63791481
anyone got link to watch at home?
>>
>>63796344

He just STOOD THERE AND WATCHED LIKE "Adurrr?"

It didn't even look like they were pressing the blades against each other, it looked like they were both just standing there.

>huge ass rift opens in the ground
>both characters just stand there, don't even take a step back for common sense.

Oh right it's just like the prequels where nobody can get hurt unless the plot calls for it and all the characters know this.

I cannot fucking wait for the oil to end and put a stop to all this idiocy.
>>
File: dancing spurdo.gif (49 KB, 69x120) Image search: [Google]
dancing spurdo.gif
49 KB, 69x120
>There are actually faggots on /tv/ defending the mary sue
>>
>>63795764
So getting force raped is the equivalent of being trained as a Jedi. Got it.
>>
>>63796140
Certainly not a fucking lightsaber and certainly not more skilled than someone who's actually trained in it.
>>
>>63791534
>pwned

That's a vintage meme at this point.
>>
>>63796409
Maybe if you weren't an autist and went to acting school you could have been there. Instead you project your rage because you can't self insert as a nigger.
>>
>>63796453
shes a QT and they are greasy virgins
>>
>>63791481
Kinda irksome but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that "awakening" thing. Thus we'll probably learn more in the sequel (FUCK YOU, JJ and Lawrence Kasdan!)

>Ace pilot without ever having tried
Pretty much just like Luke. From what we learn in ANH he mainly spent his time bull's-eying womp rats in his T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two metres!

She has a vagina.
>>
>>63796344
>his wound didnt matter in the fight
>limping
>clutching his side in pain
>wound dripping blood (which WILL lead to unconsciousness and weaken him by the second)
>can't manuever as well on rotational swings
>arm damaged because finn hit it
>sweating profusely and taking ragged breathes

Yeah ok. Die from cancer bro.
>>
>he doesn't realize that Luke sensed her distress and fucked Kylo's shit with battle mediation
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>63796153
Kylo got sniped and loosing blood, he's also probably struggling internally after killing Han and in denial and afraid that Rey's force is stronger and he won't be as strong a Vader.
>>
>>63791481
She is EXACTLY Anakin before he was evil.
In almost every single way.

So yeah, she's as much of a Mary Sue as we've come to expect from Jedi
>>
>>63796120
>Autists forget that part
You forget the fact that there's no fucking way a scavenger is going to be good with a lightsaber on her first time using one, it's not like using her staff.
>>
>>63796560
Next stage denial.
>>
So why didn't Yoda or Obi-Wan just use to force to imprint their YEARS of training into Luke? This movie seems to imply this is a thing.

Years of training after 1 minute of mind rape.
>>
>>63796560
That's not what happened.

If that's what happened, then it means she only won because she had a man's help.

JJ has deliberately engineered the movie so that any criticism can be deflected by simply calling the criticiser a misogynist. They won't give that up.
>>
>>63796385
I already did, here
>>63794235
And now here
>>63796541

And the fact that you refer to jer as an expert duelist proves you didn't watch the movie. You're outted. You're done. Wrap it up kid.
>>
Orphaned Scavenger whose force has been 'awakened' and had to fend for herself since childhood

VS

Semi wounded Master of the Knights of Ren, trained by Luke "MF" Skywalker and Supreme leader of the First Order

It's no contest, Rey should have been sliced in half
>>
>>63796585
Tell me how Anakin defeated a darkside user without any training, please.
>>
>>63792096
She hasn't made her own lightsaber yet, maybe we'll see he don a double'bladed saber in VIII or IX.
>>
You people shouldn't even be talking about this shitheap of a movie.
>>
Do you think the Jedi are going to still be required to be loveless, or are they going to be able to get it on without being bad now?
>>
>>63796541
He was BEATING her, while wounded, until that stupid close up with her igniting her inner strength.

If she hit him in the wound, it would have made more sense. Then Kylo could play dirty and SOLAR FLARE her or something to run away, but then he'd still be a bitch.

Darth Maul had more credibility
>>
>>63796613
>>63796623
That's exactly what happened and you're a retarded stormfront faggot if you really think Jewbrams is attempting to push some kind of stupid agenda.
>>
>>63794360
>Boyega
>better actor than Oscar Isaac
Fuck off
>>
>>63796246
Which is why she wasn't using it as a saber, like I said, she was using it to try poke at him as her attacks and using the blade to defend. Ren was also wounded several times over and in full autism mode, he was not in top form to be fighting.

If you are going to bring this up then why don't we talk about how the only thing we ever see Obi-wan teach Luke was how to deflect blaster fire, and yet in Empire he goes to fight Vader. Yes we can assume he practiced waving it around, which still isn't acceptable seeing as he pretty much teaching himself how to fight, and that same assumption can be given to Rey. She could have been using a sword thing for some of her life we aren't shown, and it's not like Rey was doing all that Twirly prequel shit, she wasn't taking a stance there was no kung-fu pose. Again I don't think you'd be getting this uppity about the old movies, but it's new and different and I don't like things that are different.
>>
>>63796649
Please, even Finn scored a hit on the twit in that fight.

Wannabe Vader was jobbing hardcore.
>>
>>63796691

See? Exactly what he intended. Nobody is allowed to criticise the movie because it means you're just trying to suppress women and blacks.

Bravo, jj, bravo.
>>
>>63796696
Not him but Boyega and Oscar made the movie for me. Made me wish the movie was Poe and Finn and not Rey with Finn.
>>
>>63796153
I remember him beating his dad only because his father was mind controlled and wanted to be killed by him, I also remember how vader was the real protagonsit in the end where he saved luke from the emperor and became the main character in the first 6 movie. Yep Luke what a marie sue
>>
File: FinnHS-Fathead.png (344 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
FinnHS-Fathead.png
344 KB, 480x640
the bigger question is how is Finn of all people able to use a lightsaber without fumbling around like a newbie?

he was trained to shoot blasters, not wield a NEET dildo

yet he still managed to exchange blows with vader 2.0 and wound him

a fucking foot soldier
>>
>>63796696
They're both good, and even better together.
Their chemistry was fantastic and I absolutely can't wait to see them bro it up in next movies
>>
>>63796233
>Yeah I remember when vader was dying from a bow caster shot
>and fought for his life against an ex soldier
Still beat him, hard.
>and a budding force awakened survivor with combat experience.
And was still beating her. No bullshit ''combat experience'' being a scavenger on a Tatooine 2.0 is going to make you better at using a lightsaber than someone who's been trained by masters of said weapon since he was a kid, which is why he was winning at first but then mary sue powerup activated.

>>63796573
>Kylo got sniped and loosing blood
And was still beating her before she did her cliche ass ''close my eyes and pull skills out of my ass'' shit, stop making excuses.
>>
>>63795022
Short on manpower and Biggs (lukes best friend and a rebel pilot) vouches for Luke and says hes the best pilot in the outer rim.
>>
>>63796729
>this assurt and immediate "YOU DIDN'T GET MAD WHEN X DID IT"

Just admit you only defend the movie because you bought the merchandise like a good little boy.
>>
>>63796541
I agree with your interpretation but it was still lame that htey showed him losing in the first movie.
>>
>>63796729
He found Obi-Wan's stuff in his house with training info.
>>
>>63796734
>even Fin

Fin has been receiving first rate training/programming from the First Order. Much more believable than "I had to look after myself on the mean streets of jakko"
>>
>uses simple force persuasion and pulls a lightsaber to her
She does 2 force related things and people are calling her a master. She doesn't force jump, she doesn't force push anyone, she doesn't even lift something big like an Xwing or rocks. Where the fuck are you getting the idea she's better than Luke?
>knows how to fight and beat kylo
She grew up in a literal junkyard probably having to fight off alien rapists on a daily basis?

Did you miss the part where Kylo got shot directly with a laser crossbow, got sliced multiple times with a lightsaber and was constantly beating his side to dull the excruciating pain?
It's also implied Kylo is a poorly trained Darth Vader cosplaying manchild.
>>
>>63796233
I remember Vader being a walking iron lung. Do you?
>>
>>63796629
But both of those times you were refuted, multiple times.
>>
File: 1450149748535.jpg (59 KB, 354x374) Image search: [Google]
1450149748535.jpg
59 KB, 354x374
>>63796803
>this assert and immediate "YOU JUST LIKE IT BECAUSE MERCHANDISING"
Nice bait here is your free reply senpai :^)
>>
>>63796843
Luke couldn't pull his fucking lightsaber from the Snow in Empire, and that was after some training by himself. Rey is a Mary Sue.
>>
So is she gonna get FINNED or is she going to find a wholesome white qt Jedi bf?
>>
>>63796758
why do black people get this white stuff around their lips

every time
>>
>>63796970
>find a wholesome white qt Jedi bf?
yea right.
>>
My most significant problem with the movie was the unbelievable sequence of coincidences that carry the plot along.

>>63796837
No force potential. What was stopping mister Sith from snapping him in half with his mind before the traitor could even swing his arms?
Also
>first rate training/programming
oh right, cause we saw how effective that made all the other stormtroopers in this movie. The programming hardly even worked at making them loyal, much less any more than barely competent.
>>
>>63796848
I remember him being HALF FUCKING CYBORG WITH INHUMAN STRENGTH >>63796344
>>63796769
You didn't see the movie, it's ok.

>>63796831
I'll agree with this. The earth opening up should have saved rei, not the other way around.

>>63796888
But a proper refutation has to actually be correct/valid. They weren't. Cry harder kid.
>>
>>63796691
You're just as bad as the people you use as a boogeyman, because anything that disagrees with you MUST have a /pol/ motive and thus you can just say their opinion is discarded.
>>
>>63796729
>If you are going to bring this up then why don't we talk about how the only thing we ever see Obi-wan teach Luke was how to deflect blaster fire, and yet in Empire he goes to fight Vader.

Did you miss that he was training with Yoda at Dagobah before heading to Could City? And was handled pretty easily by Vader?
>>
>>63794235
shill
>>
>>63796758
>one stormtrooper unsheathes his blaster and attacks Finn
>implying soldiers aren't given hand to hand training
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.