[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is waiting for the hype to die down so all the nerds,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Who else is waiting for the hype to die down so all the nerds, real and wannabe internet critics will talk about how JJ Abrams and The Force Awakens RAPED MY CHILDHOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Pic is me, right now. Two decades of pure entertainment. Haven't seen the movie myself, but the trailers never really impressed me, so I'm not buying the hype.

>Yes, YEEEESSSSS! Let the hate flow through you!
>>
>>63791005
There are some bad aspects of the movie that /tv/ is obviously willing to discuss but it was a good movie and a great Star Wars movie. Get over it.
>>
>>63791038
A great Star Wars movie

That's only because it's a rehash of a great Star Wars movie.

TFA has two new elements: Nigger stormtroopers and a strong, liberated womyn who can learn Jedi techniques out of thin air.
>>
the problem is episodes 1-3 were so fucking bad that 7 could be as shitty as into darkness ans still be an improvement
>>
>>63791005
>haven't seen the movie myself
Then you have no room to talk. It was better than RotJ and all of the prequels. Stop being a contrarian shitposter and go watch it.
>>63791201
>out of thin air
It's heavily, heavily implied she is Luke's daughter. The flashbacks, the scenes with Anakin's/his lightsaber, the way they look at each other all point to that. She will have the Skywalker blood and thus have their magically-a-force-prodigy ability too just like Anakin and Luke did. Why is this surprising?
>>
>>63791495
i could have sworn the flashback has ren kidnapping her as a child, which would probably mean she was also training with luke at the time
>>
>>63791597
Yeah. It was heavily implied she already knew Luke and might have amnesia or some shit. She also had his old pilot helmet from the original movies on Jakku. There were so many clues for it.
>>
>>63791201
Prequels came out and people complained that they were too far removed from Star Wars. I think TFA is simply trying to reign everything in, then its sequels can explore some new territory.
>>
>>63791495
Your not a real Star Wars fan if you think this is better than ROTJ
>>
>>63791762
I grew up with the original trilogy. I've read all the EU material. So yeah, I am. RotJ was not as good as the other two original trilogy movies, and even critics when it first came out thought the same fucking thing. Empire remains the best Star Wars film, with A New Hope and A New Hope 2.0 (TFA) in second and third.

Next time, try giving an argument and try using proper English. It's "you're".
>>
>>63791853
Your just a fanboy, not a real fan.
>>
>>63791916
It's "you're". Try it with me now. You're. As in, you're a contrarian shitposter. Just because the old movies are old does not make them sacred in same way or impossible to be improved upon.
>>
>>63791005
Can't rape a series that was already raped by the creator.

If anything JJ Abrams nuked the prequel trilogy by blowing up the senate again
>>
>>63791495
yeah, but even luke needed training to do shit
even after being with yoda he got his ass kicked by vader cause he hadn't trained enough
but now rey just gets a pass for dare I say a masterful use of the force after like an hour of having it
>>
>>63791495
I bet you would defend shit as long as it had the star wars logo on it.

>magically-a-force-prodigy ability too just like Anakin and Luke
I still remember Luke having quite some trouble to learn and use the force.
And all she knows about is are some myths.

>Literally learns herself how to mind control a storm trooper in 3 tries without ever having used the force before or even knowing that that is even possible.
I know this scene was supposed to be comical, but the only comical thing about it was how comically stupid and out of place it was.
This was one of the worst scenes in the movie in my opinion. (That and the scene where Phasma disabled the shields).
>>
>>63792019
The butthurt is strong with this fanboy. I bet you also were saying how great the prequels were too.
>>
>>63791005
>vader to luke
" the emporor knows you can defeat him we can work together and rule the galaxy as father and son"
>blocks lukes attack againt sheev
>>
>>63792072
You totally misunderstood my post. I was agreeing with the guy that said it's plot armor in a sense and expanding upon it in my original post where I sarcastically said "overpowered skywalker genetics". I would not defend anything with a Star Wars logo on it as I think Episodes 1 and 2 are steaming turds and 3 only has a few worthwhile scenes in it. I see that 7 has its flaws, and I am fully aware she should not have known how to do all of those things. I believe she had already had some training with Luke as was implied with the Ren kidnapping her flashback but she has amnesia or something. They did it with Revan, so why wouldn't JewJew rip that off too?
>>63792071
Agreed. It's something that really needed more exposition that we'll have to wait 2 years to get in Ep8.
>>63792081
Just stop already. Your shit is getting tired.
>>
>>63792072
To expand on my post. Maybe if they would've put some tension in the scene like they did with Luke in the ice cave on Hoth, it might have actually worked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOyrgdSJ5s

I also don't think the movie "sucked". And I know this is a meme now but it really is just a shallow copy. It lacks depth and while the first part was good the second part of the movie was to much of a mess and really killed it for me.
>>
>>63792081
The poor little fanboy is upset. Don't get upset cause you'll anything with the star wars logo is awesome.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.