[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point did you know it was going to be shit? Me? >so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 8
File: poejacket.jpg (59 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
poejacket.jpg
59 KB, 940x545
At what point did you know it was going to be shit?

Me?

>so do I talk first or do you?

Fucking JJ
>>
>>63787146
you realise it's a kids movie right?
>>
I immediately thought they fucked up after hearing that line but that was really the only cringe dialogue to me. Movie was great other than that 7.5-8/10
>>
>>63787172
Doesn't mean it can't be shit
>>
>>63787172
Then why is it being spammed on a site for 18+?
If you're defending it then does that mean you're a child?
>>
>>63787183
You have no standards
>>
>>63787146
>At what point did you know it was going to be shit?
When I saw that interview where JJ rambles about 'muh diversity'.
>>
>>63787232
In fact I do anon. But you're just gonna shit on the movie. Have you seen it? I'll admit some of the plot points were off or over done even. Kylo's motivations are still a mystery at this point, not sure why he's even on the dark side.
>>
>>63787286
>Movie was great other than that 7.5-8/10
No you really don't you tasteless ape
>Have you seen it?
>>63786525
>>
File: poedameron.jpg (63 KB, 677x460) Image search: [Google]
poedameron.jpg
63 KB, 677x460
At what point did you know Oscar Isaac was going to be the shit?

Me?

>so do I talk first or do you?

Fucking JJ
>>
>>63787146
Exactly at that point

that whole scene and everything leading up to it was terrible as well. I actually think J.J. did a better job with his two Star Trek movies than ep 7.
>>
The dialogue prior to that line was already painfully cliche, Poe's character made me very worried right off the bat.

Fortunately the movie picked up once he was gone.
>>
That was the exact point where I relaxed and decided the movie was going to be good because humor had finally returned to StarWars.
>>
>>63787728
Obvious bait but the other Star Wars had much more subtle humor.

TFA was epic slapstick goofball random in-your-face humor.
>>
I enjoyed that line. It both shows that Poe is crass and overconfident and that Kylo Ren is not the respected and feared Sith he thinks he is.
>>
>>63787795
Of course you did Reddit.
>>
>>63787782

The originals were extremely sarcastic.

The prequels has almost no comedy other than the way too infantile Jar Jar.

The cartoons occasionally try humor, but the writing team is never funny.

The humor here is different than the originals sure, but its closer to the originals than anything else had been. Its also 30 years later.

"Droid, please" is a straight up breaking the 4th wall joke, but its still funny. The same thing with the two stormtroopers who back away from Kylo Ren.

Han was Han. Poe's "who talks first" was suave and Red Viper-ish. Boyega was hysterical. BB8 was R2JR.

You're trying to hard to not like it.
>>
>>63787146
for me it was in the fucking opening scroll where it mentioned that the droid would be carrying intel.
>>
When I heard JJ would direct.
>>

When I watched that steaming hunk of shit that was Inside Llewyn Davis.
>>
File: 1448321847484.jpg (30 KB, 536x536) Image search: [Google]
1448321847484.jpg
30 KB, 536x536
i kenw it was going to be shit before it was even made
it turned out it was shit
i didnt even see it btw
>>
>>63787146
>cuz it's the right thing to do
>>
>>63787146
That killed it for me, too. Just about all of Finn's lines were awful too. When he was talking to Phasma on Starkiller...Jesus fucking Christ! And people are praising this movie?
>>
As i read in some critics, SW the force awakens it is a movie, and as a movie it deserves to be critized and analyzed as that.

Star Wars is a bag of clichés from Disney, dialogues for five years old kids, persecution as the way to mantain the audience, more VFX than screenplay, not credible and bad acted scenes.

J.J. took only the superficial from the last movies and presented here to make the audience aplause when a ship or a mask appears. It look like a fan made movie although the huge amount of money. For being a fan movie it does respect the older story but betrays the soul and the spirit of what really was important in Star Wars, which was the spirit all around the galaxy.
>>
>>63787146
When the TV spots started being rolled out.
>>
>>63787146
>>so do I talk first or do you?
I LOVED the comedic scenes and dialogue
>>
>>63787146

As soon as JJ Abrahams was mentioned in Context with Starwars in the interviews.
>>
>>63787146
Yeah. That point exactly. That's when it became clear that JJ was going to trade in any tension for Marvel quips.
>>
>>63787146
>a death star
>that can destroy solar systems!!!
>>
i was disappointed Han didnt call C3P0 goldenrod..

Fucking JJ
>>
Except it was fairly good

You mad because your movie didn't suck /tv/?
>>
>>63788606
the problem is that for a lot of people, the wrong kind of humor is worse than no humor. the tone of the saga is already well-established, and making things too "whacky" is itself a writing error.

so you can't go "I laughed, what is the problem" because you're either ignoring the nature of the criticism, or tacitly acknowledging that you didn't actually care whether they tried to stay true to the previous films.
>>
Top hothead
>>
>>63789560
Sure
explain in great detail
>>
>this is going to make it right
>yes, finally, after all these star wars, the FORCE AWAKENS!
srsly, jewjew?
>>
>>63787146
After I heard that line I thought "Oh my god no, its Whedon all over again" but fortunately the quips werent so bad, the movie was still pretty shit though
>>
>>63789560
agree, also enjoyed it. Was it perfect? Well no but still very enjoyable. I really like how they manage to keep the balance between old stuff and new stuff
>>
>>63788606
Do they really say 'Droid, please'? Sounds like SNL humor = cheese
>>
I laughed when BB8 flipped Finn off desu
>>
I hate that it's sequel bait.
The only sequel bait at the end of A New Hope is that Darth Vader is still alive.
In this one we have a fucking stare down between a fucking voice actor and the MC for like a minute or 3.
>>
The movie is a 0/5. Awful editing/action scenes, zero gravitas. no attempts at emotional resonance ring true, because they feel like they popped off an assembly line in a nerd's basement. kylo ren is a cartoon, and has zero of the imposing nature of his idol. like a failed pilot episode of a star wars spinoff, this is a joke.
>>
>Kylo I am your father
>I have no father *stab*
literally walked out of theatre after that
>>
As soon as I saw Han Solo again I realized he was just cashing checks.
>>
>>63790331
as soon as I saw Rey, I knew I felt good inside... ok that was pretty weird what I said kek
>>
>>63787146
At "Star Wars"
>>
>>63790737
the opening credits was pretty bad the way john williams remixed the music.
>>
File: trailer.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
trailer.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
>>63787146
Since first second of first trailer
>>
>>63790942
imagine if they edited the way they did in the trailer.. u see Finn crash land and then u wait 10 seconds then the "BAMMM" again lel.

this movie is gonna deliver some funny youtube poop when it comes out.
>>
>>63790846
Okay wait, he did? I THOUGHT the music sounded different! I thought maybe I just was hearing it wrong or the theater sucked...so he really did huh?

The music was underwhelming as hell. I don't remember anything standing out to me in that film.
>>
>>63791032
no no the BAM music was not in the movie cut.. he just lifted up his head when all u could hear was some wind and his outfit making noise.. sounded so weird compared to trailer lol
>>
> A thread about a cocky ace pilot

Smfh
>>
>>63789934
T'was a thumbs up m'lad.
>>
>>63791032
the only music which stood out for me was when we first see Rey and she slides down the sand dune. That had a cool slow piano rhythm. Otherwise it was all pretty bland.

Williams didn't even bother to use any of the music that was in the trailer :( I was looking forward to hearing that.
>>
>>63787146
Rey's 1st fight

my fears of mary sue were not unfounded
>>
Who else thought Rey's acting when she was speaking to BB8 at beginning came off as very weird? She tried to act serious but it didn't sound professional.
>>
>>63787146

the whole fucking movie the dialogue with rey is like this:

random guy: "you are the pilot?"
rey: "yeah so what"
random guy: "you fixed this?"
random guy: "you're a jedi?"

Holy shit we fucking get it Rey is awesome as fuck. even in their shitty feminist fantasies they have to be victims. fuck jew jew abrams
>>
>>63788606
Exactly this.
The typical "black guy moments" were out of the Star Wars realm, but to be honest it was a good movie. Fucking loved the
>stormtroopers who back away from Kylo Ren.
scene.
Absolutely hysterical laughter erupted in the theater.
>>
>>63787199
TV is full of underage people, fedora tippers and baneposters
>>
>>63787146
I liked the first hour. But when they casually introduced a new death star without even bothering to try to explain how or why it came to be, I buckled up for full-on JJ shitproducing
>>
>>63791242
Why did she even save BB8 from that alien dude? It's just a robot and he found it yet the ayy lmao doesn't even resist when she steals it from him?
>>
>>63791117
Stop posting in this thread
>>
>>63791500
Because shes' a stronk and guud womyn.
>>
>>63791500
I'm assuming it's to drive home that's she's sympathetic to droids being real people, and it's probably uncouth to try and steal droids that are in working conditions.

Also, the force probably guided her into feeling something special about the droid.

I just assumed the most bullshit reason is why anything happened in this move is probably true.
>>
>>63791571
wtf is wrong with you??

some people u come across u want to understand why the fuk they are so hostile for no reason
>>
>>63787146
But anon, Pedro's cheeky personality is the only good part of the movie
>>
>>63787286
Why is Darth Vader on the dark side? All they say is he got tempted. Just assume the same thing.
>>
>Stormtroopers got both dramatic and humorous presence
Rip baton stormtrooper.
Died for what he believed in.
>>
Is Poe the Han of the new trilogy?
>>
>>63791772
That's what I'm guessing. He's a jerkass to the badguy, but is all 'bout dat heroism.
>>
I like how Captain Phasma did aaaaaaaaaabsolutely nothing in the movie at all. Totally pointless character, total waste of shiny armor, total waste of some tall woman.
>>
You know, throughout the entire Rey introduction I thought, "wow, JJ really got it, he really understood what made ANH so awesome".
And then Finn showed up and the action started up again.
Then the action continued.
And went on.
And on.
And there wasn't a single other quiet moment in the entire film.

So to answer your question, no single point did I know it was going to be disappointing or worse than the OT, but it was a progressive endless action scene that just didn't end starting with Finn meeting Rey that had me realize JJ failed. Probably about 20 minutes into that 1 hour 40 minute scene.
>>
>>63787414
When I watched Ex Machina and saw what was obviously his personality he put into the character.
>>
>>63791810
This movie, yeah. They'll probably build her character up to do something awesome. Too many badass things in one movie would clutter it up. You've got Hux giving his amazing speech, Ren killing and choking people and giving out orders. Anti-lightsaber trooper yelling 'traitor' and fighting Fin. If Phasma did something too, that would be too much. She's literally female Boba Fett.
>>
>>63790846
I was shocked at how underwhelming the score sounded from the first blast. The brass sound far too smooth and the low brass in particular were lacking. It was too smooth and not epic/bombastic enough.
>>
The movie is a -5/5. Awful editing/action scenes, glib facsimile. no attempts at emotional resonance ring true, because they feel like they popped off an assembly line in a nerd's basement. kylo ren is a facsimile, and has zero of the imposing nature of his idol. like a failed pilot episode of a star wars spinoff, this is a glib facsimile.
>>
>>63787146
Am I missing something? What's wrong with that line?
>>
>>63791266
I don't get why there are some people on 4chan actually trying to suggest she's not a mary sue
>She can do literally everything
>Yea, so what, doesn't make her a mary sue... sexist pig
Pretty much every discussion I've been in on /tv/, /v/, /co/, etc. about the topic
>>
>WHO CAP'N NOW HUH??

I know it's a meme around here, but wtf? Did they tell Boyologo to act "more black" for scenes?
>>
>>63791909
>She's literally female Boba Fett.

Just fucking stop already, you can't replicate Boba.
>>
>>63792017
At least Boba shot his fucking blaster. I don't think she did anything other than stand there or walk around in the same pose.
>>
Copy+Paste the movie

I enjoyed Finn, Rey, and the comedy. Fuck the rest, as much as I liked Rey they really fucked up with how quickly she learned to use the force
>>
>>63787172
>Those innocent millions of people being melted and slautered by the death planet beams

Naw, man.
>>
File: 1450149370761.jpg (157 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
1450149370761.jpg
157 KB, 650x366
>>63787172
>kid's stuff
>has to be bad
have you seen Avatar: The Last Airbender?
sure it's a kid's show but that doesn't stop it from being one of the best tv shows of all time
quality should not be dependent on target audience
>>
>>63791278

Troopers got the best laughs in the movie.

>...aaaaand I'm going to drop my weapon.
>>
>>63787172
The best children's movies are those that adults can enjoy too since parents have to go watch them with their kids anyway
>>
>>63791909
>Hux's speech

Don't remind me, I started laughing while he looked ready to cry. Hux was horrid too.
>>
What's the point of this endless
>It's shit!
>Nuh-uh!
bickering? If you like the movie, great. If you don't like it, that's also great. But you're not going to convince someone of the perceived errors of their ways.
>>
>>63787172
fuck off Roger Ebert
>>
>>63792341
>waah stop talking about movies on /tv/
>>
File: 1448073777868.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
1448073777868.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2160
>>63787172
So was "song of the sea" and it was much better than episode 7
>>
>>63789383

Shit tier b8, all it needs is a /s for when you post it on leddit
>>
>>63787146
if han solo had done the same thing in empire, people would think its legendary.
>>
>>63792395
>>63789383 and >>63792441 prove my point. There's no discussion going on, just accusations of reddit being flung at anybody who has the audacity to like the movie.
>>
>>63789842

translates to "I loved Star Wars: The New Social Justice Hope"
>>
Just seen it.
What a fucking disappointment.
I had hopes JJ would do a modern take at Star Wars. Add some sense to it while keeping the spirit. Nay, fuck that. He makes another fairy tale instead.
White stormtroopers. Wow, really again? THE FUCKING PREQUELS could have the clones use camouflage.
Finn has refused shooting at the villagers, everyone is OK, but when he OH MY GOD REMOVES THE HELMET Captain Brienne is all up his grill.
Rey has been digging throughout a ruined SD for a day, but her face is clean as a photomodel's.
TIE fighter has a backseat gunner now, because otherwise Finn would have othing to do during the MY ASS DRAMATIC ESCAPE. Yeah right, an air superiority fighter needs one as fuck.
And that's just what I can clearly remember. There's tons of that shit.
Fun part is that Finn, the nigger everyone was afraid would spoil the movie as fuck, is not nearly as bad as Rey is. She's like the worst part of it. First scene, she's become force sensitive. Second, she actively resists a fucking heir to Darth Vader and an experienced force user. Third, she mindcontrols a stormtrooper. Fouth, she's on par with Kylo Ren with a lightsaber, despite holding it for the first fucking time.
That's the damn point about this whole thing. It doesn't have people being people. It has heroes being heroes. Kylo fucking Ren, the guy with the face of a straight-out /b/tard is the most believable of them all, because his non-intimidating face actually adds another side to him. It makes him more real. Real people have more sides to them than just one, but the heroes of this shit? Except for him, and maybe Finn who also sometimes overdoes his antics, and suffers it, nope.
>>
>you'll never be captured by a villain and know you're doomed to certain torture and death but try to put a brave face on it and die with your boots on by using cutting sarcasm as your last line of defense
the line was fine
>>
Finally! I can finally share my true original patrician opinion of the prequels!

It's been 16 years since I sat down for my first screening of The Phantom Menace. The visuals and score were captivating -- the story telling and dialogue were top notch as well. Let's not forget the acting. It was out of this world! I could tell the entire prequel trilogy would be of the highest quality, and it was as it turns out.

I thought to myself then the same as I think now: thank the heavens for George Lucas. He truly is the patron saint of auteurs.

Alas, much like the underbelly of the Galactic Senate, there was a dark side to The Phantom Menace's success. The movie was TOO good.

I instantly regretted my having seen it as I was 100% convinced that the prequel trilogy would eventually be followed by vastly inferior installments that would force me to resent Star Wars. I absolutely knew beyond a doubt that they would contain race mixing via a cuckoldry story line. And even though I knew this, I was absolutely convinced that I wasn't sure of my knowing this, therefor I was 100% right even if my suspicions did not come to fruition.

Even and especially IF this were not the case, I was also absolutely certain beyond a doubt that the succeeding installments in question would be mediocre. This would make it vastly inferior to the perfection that was the prequel trilogy as they were all terrible, but memorable films.

Furthermore, any attempts and successes at quality film making present in these future installments would most certainly be negated by the fact that elements of the movies would be analogous to elements of previous Star Wars films, therefor lowering the entire film below the quality of anime.

I knew in my heart all those years ago -- 16 years ago -- that George Lucas selling the franchise to Disney was the worst possible thing that could happen to Star Wars. I knew it, and yet, I never voiced my opinions -- passively siding with the enemy. Sorry /tv/.
>>
File: 1439403664138.jpg (7 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
1439403664138.jpg
7 KB, 290x174
>>63792515
>glib facsimile
>>
How awful was it when that trooper wipes blood on Finn's helmet? Just seriously, how goddamn ridiculous was that whole minute of footage?

I expected a "T-Tell my wife I love heeeeer..." dying scene.
>>
why were there so many quips and cutesy things for laughs?
>>
>>63791772
P O E
O
E
>>
>>63792487
go back to 9gag LMAO
>>
>>63792595
it's because americans are too stupid to tell that finn is different to the rest by physical acting alone.
>>
when Kylo force stopped the lazer blast is was fucking all in on this movie
>>
>>63792515
Wait, she mindcontrols a stormtrooper?
>>
>>63792709
In the starkiller base. Also that stormtrooper is apparently Daniel Craig
>>
>>63792569

Fucking A. Lucus actually created and expanded the universe in the prequels. Disney just wants fanboys to cream about shitty references like "TRASH COMPACTOR, XD JUST LIKE IN THE OT",and then go out and buy toys.
>>
>>63792662
us brits are smart enough though
>>
So did anyone actually manage to recognize Daniel Craig in his cameo?
>>
>>63792662
>so do i meme first or you?
>>
>>63789383
I actually didn't mind the lines they just always came at the worst fucking time. Like right after a dramatic tense moment a Whedon style one liner slipped out and ruined it
>>
>>63792698
Oh fuck I forgot about that! Kylo is set up to be so great, but he's this tantrum throwing bitch. The laser stopping in midair is the most 4th grade level writing idea yet.
>>
>>63792426
A travesty that that film lost the Best Picture to fucking Big Hero 6
>>
>>63792615

>Marvel and Disney shit tier writing trying to please the normies. Nowhere to go but downhill
>>
>>63792801
the oscar for animated feature is essentially the Disney Award for best Disney movie. Nothing else has a chance anymore.
>>
>>63792573
What the fuck does that even mean?

>>63792709
Yeah she does. She makes him cut her loose.
>>
>>63792615
The originals fucking oozed sarcastic quips. The cutesy shit I assume you mean BB-8?
>>
What kind of man calls himself JJ?
>>
Why were Poe and Han literally the only likeable characters in this movie?

And how fucked are the directors who have to clean up after JJs mess? Is it salvageable?
>>
>>63792915
The movie is a 0/5. Awful editing/action scenes, glib facsimile. no attempts at emotional resonance ring true, because they feel like they popped off an assembly line in a nerd's basement. kylo ren is a facsimile, and has zero of the imposing nature of his idol. like a failed pilot episode of a star wars spinoff, this is a glib facsimile.
>>
>>63792987
I liked Poe and Finn. Ford just seemed to be there for the paycheck.

Rey was way too wooden for me to care about her.
>>
>>63792981
jews not using their real names, big news
>>
You are all trying too hard to hate this film. As if Mr. Plinkett was in the back of your mind the whole time and you were trying to tear this apart because it wasn't the original trilogy.

That being said, it was actually a great film. The only thing I was disappointed about was we didn't see a whole lot of Poe, he was probably one of my favorite characters. But he could play a bigger role in the next film (after all, one could argue that Han was the main character of Empire Strikes Back...)
>>
So is it a flick, movie, film, cinema, or kino?
>>
>>63792987
Because Poe was the only one cast for his talent and not just for being a """""hot""""" woman or a nigger
>>
>>63793010
>glib facsimile

stop stop STOPPP
>>
>>63793147
moving picture
>>
>>63793113
>You are all trying too hard to hate this film.

This. Whether or not it was a great movie is subjective, but what's not subjective is the obvious reaching people are doing here to bash the movie. It's pretty pathetic. I miss when /tv/ had intelligent contrarian opinions and didn't sound like a bunch of babbys first iconoclasm.
>>
>>63787146
You think star wars is supposed to be dark and serious?

Anon I don't know how to tell you this but... You're retarded.
>>
>>63793113
I was trying incredibly hard to like this movie.

How can you deny that the soundtrack, pacing, and characters weren't terrible? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.
>>
>>63793113
>>63793247
>Try to criticize the pacing
>People either agree with me or ignore it and disagree with my other points
>Then posts like this are made
Please fuck off. I enjoyed the movie, but it should be open to criticism.
>>
>>63793247
Nope. I avoided all spoilers, was so excited to see it, I went into that movie with an open mind and wanted to love it so bad.

Only to realize it was just Disney's Marvel: The Avengers: Star Wars Edition
>>
>>63792987
Standard and Finn are the best.
>>
>>63793614
>Only to realize it was just Disney's Marvel: The Avengers: Star Wars Edition
Go back and watch the original trilogy without your rose tinted nostalgia goggles you contrarian faggot
>>
>>63794743
damn no chill f a m
>>
>>63794743
Nice buzzword you child
>>
>>63792801
HTTYD2 should have won desu
>>
>>63792151
>tv
to be fair tv is garbage. who /film/ here?
>>
>>63787146
I saw this as him trying to be confident in front of the guy who just stop plasma w/ his mind
>>
>>63787172
>le kids movie meme
>>
>>63794743
Not him, but I watched them the day before TFA. They're all much better films, even Return.
>>
>>63787172
What a glib fascimilie
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.