[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Expanse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: The-Expanse-on-Syfy.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Expanse-on-Syfy.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I thought this show was pretty good.

The only things that rustled my jimmies at all were;
All the asteroid folks talking like sub Saharan niggers.
That bit with the inner airlock door opening for no god damn reason.
They use some crazy drugs to withstand high Gs? I dunno that bit might be alright.

Also was that guy using a drug to be telepathic? Or was he just becoming really alert and reading people if they were lying or were reacting to statements he was saying?
>>
>>63786952
>All the asteroid folks talking like sub Saharan niggers.

They're like Boers, not niggers but close.

>Also was that guy using a drug to be telepathic? Or was he just becoming really alert and reading people if they were lying or were reacting to statements he was saying?

It looked like it heighten his senses.
>>
I thought it was really REALLY good, but that just might be me craving for any space-based sci-fi to be decent.

The only thing I dislike about the show is the belter's dialogue. I have no idea what the fuck they are saying most of the time.

But with that said, I really like the set designs and the costumes and overall political atmosphere of the show, I think it's pretty damn well done (I've not read the books its based on).

I also think the CGI is pretty top notch, reminds me a lot of the CGI used in Battlestar Galactica.

Between this and Dark Matter at least space-based Sci-fi is making a comeback... finally. Been such a fucking void since SG and BSG ended.
>>
better than watching star wars garbage
>>
>>63786952
Did anyone else think the pill was space NZT?
>>
>>63788062
Can't even discuss anything else on this shit board right now. The catalog is >75% starshit threads.

I'm so fucking tired of this shit, and the mods are doing NOTHING to limit people from making a new Starshit thread every few seconds.
>>
File: 1450341255039.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1450341255039.webm
3 MB, 720x404
The buildup to episode 3-4 was great, you could feel the tension and that a riot was bound to happen. space battle wasn't half bad in episode 4 either.
>>
>>63786952
>Also was that guy using a drug to be telepathic?
He was watching their reactions while he said things, so it's probably some kind of sense enhanchement. My guess is that it slows down the perception of time for the user and makes it possible to spot microexpressions.
>>
>>63787796
Dark Matter is alright, but not very good in the final third of the series. Especially with all of the SG1/SGA cameos to boost ratings. The twist with the "captain" (can't remember her number) was interesting at least, though.

Killjoys had a good thing going until the second half of the season where they cucked the self-insert.

Childhood's End was at least a fairly faithful adaptation, though they had to push some garbage down our throats with it as NBC is trying to be as adherent to the progressive stack as ABC/Disney.

What you're going to notice with The Expanse is the authors' need to please absolutely everyone by tugging on their dick a bit. All forms of scum are glorified in the future: poo in the loos, Mormons, Muslims, etc. Though they don't get most things correct with the cultures they attempt to glorify, which is pretty ironic.
>>
>>63787046
>>63789324
With the first guy he knew he had 5 fathers and 3 mothers, whatever that means, but i guess he could have known that from his records. The scene made it seem like the drug let him know that though.
>>
>>63786952
I liked it too.
Seems like the best sci fi show since Battlestar so far...its only 4 eps in so theres plenty of room for them to fuck and cuck it up.

The Belter talk is interesting because I start to understand it better as they go. Its like a combination of languages. I wtf'd at the airlock too but I guess they had time to kill.
The martian interrogator was taking a drug that allowed him to Sherlock the situation. That combined with knowlege from personal files allowed him to make some seemingly large guesses.
>>
Are the Martians giant mary sues?

They're all super loyal willing to die types with good levels of competency. (Was the flagship though so).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.