[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most disappointing thing about TFA? For me it&#
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Film-Star Wars-Celebration-2.jpg (41 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
Film-Star Wars-Celebration-2.jpg
41 KB, 876x493
What is the most disappointing thing about TFA?

For me it's the fucking bland as fuck score.

I was expecting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgXGigPKuc
>>
>>63782871
That piece only fits slow majestic build ups.

When have you seen JJ do anything slow instead of fast, or majestic, instead of cool?
Hell, when did you see JJ do build up?
>>
>>63782871
even prequels had some good shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
>>
>>63782871
Just imagine being John Williams and forced to work with someone like JJ Abrams and his style of movies. Is it wonder if the old fart wasn't that interested or even able to do anything good with the shit he was given.
>>
>>63782943
agreed. I knew going in that JJ's frenetic pacing was going to be an issue. doesn't fit the tone of any of the other movies
>>
>>63782871
Is that the new Star Destroyer? Why does it look disgusting?
>>
>>63784429
Imagine being John Williams, scoring the film and having to be all "damn, JJ, I'm so glad to take part in this wonderful film you are making" when all he really wants to do is score another Speilberg movie
>>
>>63784363
Everyone jerks that one off all the times. I never liked i. It tries way too hard
>>
>>63782871

>What is the most disappointing thing about TFA?

It reboots the entire series back to ANH cancelling out the original trilogy so the sacrifices of the characters in the original trilogy don't matter anymore.
>>
The score
The insane amount of CGI (when they said there wouldn't be as much)
Some of the aliens
Snoke looking lame af

That's it 2bh
>>
Everyone fucking loved this Force Awakens music during the trailer

https://youtu.be/Fb6dfOPjUiw

Was there anything in the movie that was like it?
>>
>>63784499
Someone make the rest, kek
>>
>>63782871

Only good theme was at the very end when Rey was walking up the steps

There are enough talented composers now that can emulate Williams.
>>
>>63784518
but there's a galactic senate, and most of the galaxy is free of imperial rule. Wasn't that exactly what they were all trying to establish?

I guess you're mad that the galaxy wasn't hunky dory forever as soon as rotj ended?
>>
>>63784363
Yeah some great stuff in there, some just as good as the classic soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5jzQW1qmlE

My favorite will always be this one, one of the TFA trailers used it pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KBygZLzsbs
>>
>>63784700
The trailer music was made by not John Williams that's why.
>>
>>63782871
I was mostly just disappointed with the lack of screen time given to some characters.
Poe, Phasma and the Kanjiklub should have had more presence.
>>
It's a really mixed bag. There are things that are great and there are things that are shit. FMost dsappointing thing for me was seeing the old cast again. Every scene with Chewbacca, R2D2 and Leia feels like fanfiction.
Thankfully it's nothing that can't be removed in fanedits.

>>63784700
No, it was probably only made for the trailer.
>>
File: finn_vs_ben_solo.webm (3 MB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
finn_vs_ben_solo.webm
3 MB, 568x320
>>63782871
fro me its lightsabers having mometum. Its plasma, not steel.
>>
ill give it a full listen to through my system later but only a couple songs really stood out for me desu
>>
>>63784789

There is a spectrum between the galaxy being "hunky dory" and it going full retard like in this movie with a new superweapon.
>>
>>63784363
The score of the prequels was completely on par with the OT.
>>
>>63784993
Newsflash: movies are not real life
In the SW canon, lightsabers are supposed to have some weight. Georgie boy explained that it's the energy they admit that give them weight somehow.
I honestly feel bad for you literal autists that think you're smart for picking up irrelevant stupid shit like this when watching movies.
>>
>>63785263
I notice that everyone who likes or defends this particular movie can only resort to ad hominem when others don't.
>>
>>63785263
the prequels definitely didn’t make the lighsabers this heavy, neither did the original trilogy
>>
File: tumblr_mva3m3yQNg1sjzbuao1_400.gif (489 KB, 317x214) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mva3m3yQNg1sjzbuao1_400.gif
489 KB, 317x214
>>63784993
>>63785385
i'll take that over this shit
>>
>>63785564
this desu senpai
>>
File: Star Wars Rey Smile 2.png (1 MB, 1028x1449) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Rey Smile 2.png
1 MB, 1028x1449
>>63784993
that's so fucking brutal, i love it! did the dindu die?
>>
>>63784993
Haven't seen the movie yet, how the fuck is Finn fighting this guy? I thought he's not a Jedi?
>>
File: Star Wars Well Shit.jpg (38 KB, 500x317) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Well Shit.jpg
38 KB, 500x317
>>63785956
he might have a small midiclorian count.
>>
>>63785956
why would you want us to spoil it? whatever, he gets assblasted anyways
>>
>>63785956
Let's just say that Kylo was fighting with a little bit of a handicap.
>>
>>63782871
Well the OST that was used was pretty damn good.
The scene near the end when Rey 1st gets her hands on the lightsaber and that music kicks in - awesome!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.