[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this movie ever have a chance? Or was /tv/ going to hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Star-Wars-Poster-670.jpg (36 KB, 670x409) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Poster-670.jpg
36 KB, 670x409
Did this movie ever have a chance?
Or was /tv/ going to hate it no matter what?
>>
I am normie that usually considers /tv/ to be bunch of edgy contrarian faggots and even I disliked it.
>>
>>63782778

The leaks were known reliable. We knew for a long time it was going to be ANH ripoff. Plus Disney Jews wanting our daughters to fuck black guys, was a turn off.
>>
/tv/ hates everything and deludes itself into seeing bad things that aren't actually there. The movie was really good.
>>
Why do people keep moaning about /tv/ hating it? Some do sure, but lots of people like it.
>>
>>63782863
Watch more movies.
>>
>>63782778
it was pretty good.
>>
>>63782778
If it was like phantom menece and panned by everyone /tv/ would love it.
>>
I didn't hate it, I just found it disappointing. But at the same time I think they shot themselves in the foot with their marketing, they got too intense too quickly.
>>
OP here, I liked it overall but I didn't "love it" if that makes any sense.
>>
>>63782778

Of course it had a chance. All it had to do was be a good movie. Unfortunately, it failed to do so.
>>
>>63783605
>All it had to do was be a good movie.
Well it certainly wasn't a terrible movie...
>>
>>63782778
>black and female leads
Of course /pol/ was going to hate it from the get go.
I mean /tv/.
>>
>>63782778
I hate it in the sense that it's every bit as middle of the road and forgettable as I feared it would be

I'm not asking for 2001 but something that wasn't so obviously made by Disney telling JJ "this is the movie, make it" would've been nice.
>>
The better questions are
why do you people not from this board think your opinion about films matter here
why do you get upset when the board isn't as easily impressed as you?
why do you continue to post here and whine if you don't like it?
>>
What was the last popular thing that /tv/ liked?
>>
>>63784629
The better questions are
why do you people not from this board think your opinion about films matter here?
why do you get upset when the board isn't as easily disappointed as you?
why do you continue to post here and whine if you don't like it?
>>
>>63784649
Game of thrones you reject
The thing people here don't like about it is the after school hangout they force
>>
>>63782835
It wasn't even so much as the agenda itself but the fact that JJ had the audacity to push it in a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63782778

/tv/ hates all popular movies, whether the movie is good or not
>>
>>63784867
In this case not, but I agree.
>>
/tv/ hated it the second it was announced. There was never a chance it would be universally loved here.
>>
>>63784649
>What was the last popular thing that /tv/ liked?

Fury road.

Despite /pol/ trolling "muh feminism" it seemed the threads in /tv/ on the opening weekend were overwhelmingly positive.

The midnight thread after opening night for Fury Road was one of the best /tv/ threads I have ever seen.
>>
>>63782778
Don't judge a film by what /tv/ says.
Judge it by the amount of posts there are of said film.

for eg.
> 99% of /tv/ is full of Star Wars shit, hence its good.
> The Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rising was released years ago, and still meme'ing it to this day, hence they're good films

You don't see Uwe Boll or Brett Ratner films plastered everywhere daily
Whether /tv/ claims a film is good or bad, doesn't matter. AT. FUCKING. ALL.
>>
File: 1390543907136.png (273 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
1390543907136.png
273 KB, 600x456
Reminder to the tourists.

>new movie comes out
>no cine knowledge plebs come to /tv/ to talk about it and spew their optimistic and positive opinions about it
>the patrician regular posters either wait for for the rip or are in the minority
>the plebs leave because they have other boards to shitpost on
>all that's left are the regular /tv/ posters
>they usually hate it since movies like this tend to be shit
>cycle repeats when the YIFY torrent comes out but forces are more evenly matched this time
>>
>>63784962
This. Furiosa is much better than Lady Chosen One.
>>
>>63785030
>people unironically think the plane scene was good

Did you actually listen to the dialog?
>>
>>63785119

Right, right. Because "real /tv/" is too busy trying to push fedoracore and dadfilm memes to ever actually enjoy a movie.

I would argue that there is exponentially more shitposting when things are quiet on /tv/. On a slow week the thread quality plummets and people argue over what best defines "Reddit: The movie" and use the word "literally" a lot.

While boards like /k/ undeniably get worse after a mass shooting, I would argue /tv/ actually gets better when a high profile movie comes out. It is the only board that benefits from the higher traffic. The default state of /tv/ is contrarian shitposting and it can only go up from there.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.