[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're really going to criticize Rey for being a Mary Sue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 450x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 450x272
You're really going to criticize Rey for being a Mary Sue when this guy with virtually no pilot experience or force training blew up the Death Star on force instinct alone when no other pilot could?

>"I used to bullseye womprats smaller than that"
By that logic, bow staff = lightsaber
>>
>>63782544
this
>>
>no pilot experience
Cheap bait
>no force experience
Spent the entire Falcon trip learning it
>b-but knowing when to fire rockets and knowing when to move lightsabre are totally different
No. No different. Only different in your mind.
>>
>>63782728
/thread
>>
>>63782728
>Spent the entire Falcon trip learning it

you mean all 15 minutes of it?
>>
>>63782544
I was 8 when I watched it so it will be the best movie ever, forever.

Now I'm 27, jaded and depressed so everything sucks.
>>
>>63782775
>What is editing and how does it save time?
>>
>>63782775
It was a lot longer, lucas's cheating whore wife just edited it badly.
>>
>>63782775
>implying you need more than 15 minutes just to shoot a hole that they had normal humans trying to hit

it was luck, you cuck
>>
um he used bulls-eye womp rats in his t-16 back home
>>
>>63782900
>um
gb2reddit
>>
First of all, he was only saved by Han. Secondly, fighting head-to-head, one-on-one with someone is different to making a difficult shot.

Three years later when Luke fought Vader he looked like a chump and Vader toyed with him for most of the fight.

After three years, and training (albeit not much) from Obi-Wan, Luke struggled to pull the saber from the ice. **Rey, having had no training, was better at telekinesis than Kylo Ren, who trained for most of his life, first under Luke, then under Snoke. Ren was CLOSER to the lightsaber than her!**
>>
>>63782963
you got me
>>
>>63782963
gb2tumblr
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 300x400
As much as I think Rey is overpowered as shit, let's not forget that this motherfucker flew into a trade federation mothership, destroyed it from the inside and managed to escape alive, killing thousands at the age of 9
>>
>>63783089
It was stupid then too
>>
>>63782544
>is mentioned as an expert at flying T-16 skyhopper at the beginning of the movie because it's the only thing you can do for fun around there
>Gets mad at Han Solo saying he's a better flyer than Luke because Luke said he can outfly Han Solo
>was surprised that Han Solo was a better pilot than him later on
>got onto the X-wing due to saying that he had experience with the skyhopper, the controls are the same
>Had Darth Vader and two Tie fighters on his ass later in the movie, his teammates along with Han Solo helped distract and destroy them to let Luke get a clear shot
>Ben Kenobi guides Luke and tells him to use the force to guide him to fire the shot into the death star (Kenobi has been teaching luke how to tap into the force throughout the entire movie)

vs

Mary Sue Rey
>I'm good at piloting just because I am
>Look at me outfly two state of the art tiefighters using a beat up junky old Millennium Falcon
>Oh I can outfly Han Solo and impress him by fixing it better than Han solo ever did!
>Oh I can use force powers despite no previous training better than any of the most gifted force users
>I can easily beat the shit out of a guy who's been trained by Luke AND a Sith lord without any training

Rey has literally no flaws whereas Luke had a ton of flaws throughout ANH.
>>
>>63783089

>killing thousands

They're robots
>>
>>63783089
People made fun of it too back then but there was precedent because Anakin was a pro podracer who was training all his life to win the race.

Compared to scrapper Rey who can barely survive off rations, how did she practice how to fly?
>>
>>63783089
> Killing thousands
He killed like 10 Neimoidians tops, robots aren't people. That said this was pretty stupid.
>>
>>63783152
Not all of them, there were plenty of aliens still onboard
>>
>>63782544

Luke used the force to blow up the Death Star. Yet against other force users (Vader, the emperor) he stood no chance. The problem with Rey being such a ridiculous Mary Sue is that she can overpower even other force users with ease even with no training.
>>
Are you really comparing a space station with a dark side user?
>>
>no pilot experience
Google Beggar's Canyon you shit.
>>
Force users are supposed to be good at normie stuff like piloting, not excel at Force powers and lightsaber fighting with no training whatsoever.
>>
>>63782544

Rey, while under siege from Tie Fighter bombardment sprints on board the Falcon and becomes a immediately skilled pilot. At this point she hasn't realized she is force sensitive but out flies two military trained imperials. She continues this fun trip by having better mechanical repair knowledge of the Falcon than Solo and Chewbacca have and can perform incredible aerobatics with ease.

At least Luke repeats over and over again his experience flying light fighters and using the local wildlife for target practice as opposed to having owned a scrap motorcycle.
>>
>>63783124
>I'm good at piloting just because I am
We have no idea if she has any piloting experience on anything, I'd bet on no but we'll find out.

>Look at me outfly two state of the art tiefighters using a beat up junky old Millennium Falcon
She used her familiarity with the area to split them up, she had home field advantage

>Oh I can outfly Han Solo and impress him by fixing it better than Han solo ever did!
When did she outfly him? She was an "expert" on the mechanical stuff because she spent all her time scavenging parts not to mention it appears as though she was on the ship before at some point as she was aware of that one shit affecting the hyperdrive

>Oh I can use force powers despite no previous training better than any of the most gifted force users
We don't know if she has never had training, her past is a mystery.

>I can easily beat the shit out of a guy who's been trained by Luke AND a Sith lord without any training
Same as above plus Kylo was weakened and in a crazy emotional state limiting his ability to focus.
>>
>>63783201
>other force users
>Kylo Ren who is depicted as a weak loser who throws temper tantrums
She'll get fucked up by Snoke, watch the next film
>>
>>63782814
>whore
You know she won an oscar for editing, right?
>>
>>63783730
>Heyy guys wait for the seque-l-l!!
>>
>>63783799
You can win an Oscar and be a whore
Actually that's very much related
>>
File: intensify.jpg (118 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
intensify.jpg
118 KB, 640x480
>>63783865
She didn't edit it badly, if anything she saved the film from Lucases' autism.
>>
>>63783124
>>Oh I can outfly Han Solo and impress him by fixing it better than Han solo ever did!

Young anakin was also a prodigy when it came to technogloy as well (he built C-3PO when he was a 9 year old slave. He also built a pod racer out of spare junk). He was also able to pilot a ship without ever flying before.

Rey spent her entire life stripping down imperial and Rebel warships for salvage. Imagine if you had to wake up each day and say "I need to go find some working components from a hyperdrive system today or I will starve'. She was very familiar with the inner workings of both rebel and imperial warships and she had the same technological gifts that Anakin had.
>>
>>63784178
I'm alright with her being gifted with machines but she's perfect in every single way with no flaws.

Is it too much to ask for a flawed female lead?

Not even Luke or Anakin were as perfect as she was.
>>
>>63783730

Then she will defeat Snoke in episode nine. Then Disney will be done until they want to make another reboot for profit. So what?
>>
File: AT-AT house.jpg (59 KB, 800x363) Image search: [Google]
AT-AT house.jpg
59 KB, 800x363
>>63784228

Her home was an AT-AT walker. You too would grow up being awesome if you lived in an AT-AT.
>>
>Rey is just Luke 2.0
>Rey is a mary sue

Does that mean Luke was a mary sue?
>>
>>63783089
>OOPS
>>
>>63784310
Nah, Luke had flaws and issues and not to mention was outshone by Han Solo for half of the movie.
>>
>>63783191
Asian Space Jews deserve no sympathy.
>>
>>63784306
Do you think she ever got molested when she was young? Like that big fat alien dishing out rations, if she didn't have the scrap, would have to sell her body?
>>
>>63782970
Ren was a petulant child with no control. I'm not shocked he couldn't pull the saber.
>>
>>63784469
Everyone liked her because she's a brave naive genius that can't do no wrong
>>
>>63784622
What if selling her body was the right thing to do?
>>
>>63782544
Womp rats. T16. Obi-Wan saYing he hear luke is a pretry gpod pilot himself already. It is subtly addressed in dialogue so it doesn't seem completely random and unbelievable.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.